Bluetooth Speaker Not Working WithGaming Laptop!

GregEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GregEllis
Member since 2021 • 3 Posts

Hi Friends,

I have this Gaming Laptop Which is connected to a Bose Speaker via bluetooth. Both are paired properly but there is no sound from the box. Has anyone faced similar issue before? Please let me know your thoughts!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56191 Posts

@gregellis: I move the thread to the correct forum: PC/Mac/Linux Society for a much better answer to your question and OT (Off-Topic) was the best place to start.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

Could be the BT connection.

I recently had this experience at work with a portable speaker. Connected to the PC, but signal is too weak to play music or sounds.

I just used a 3.5mm cable at that point.... but perhaps you can get a phone app to measure the BT signal to confirm.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
@gregellis said:

Hi Friends,

I have this Gaming Laptop Which is connected to a Bose Speaker via bluetooth. Both are paired properly but there is no sound from the box. Has anyone faced similar issue before? Please let me know your thoughts!

Can you try to connect the speaker to your smartphone? does it play sound?

If it's playing sound then you can try to enter audio mixer via sound settings on your laptop and see if it's accidently muted.

If it doesn't play sound then it's something speaker related maybe the volume is turned down or you can try to reset it should be HR button.

GregEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GregEllis
Member since 2021 • 3 Posts

Connecting my Smartphone worked properly. However I was able to get the issue resolved by following the steps here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/bluetooth-speaker-connected-but-no-sound-or-music.