Can my laptop run modern games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mugman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mugman6
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
My laptop has 1GB RAM, 1.7mhz processor and a 128 mb integrated grphics card. I have one c card slot and would like something to buy so that i can run games through my laptop. I can run WOW fine but CS:S freezes the laptop whenever i get to choosing my team on a server. Furthermore what could i do to allow my laptop to run the more current games e.g company of heroes. I know virtually nothing of pc's so any help is greatly appreciated.
SniperXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SniperXD
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but i doubt you can run any modern games on that, im actually suprised Wow is running on it! you see the problem is that its a laptop, so you cant really do anything to improve upon on its graphics card. A word of advise for future....Do not buy any computers with integrated graphic cards!!
mugman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mugman6
ok well thanks for the help, but is there really NOTHING i can do? It's not i dont believe you just that there must b sme way to do somthing. What really is the deal with integrated grpahics anyway? Cheers.
SniperXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SniperXD
hmm, well, im not too much of an expert on laptop graphic cards but to answer your second question, integrated graphic cards are gpu's which utilize a portion of the ram instead of the dedicated graphics memory, which in turn makes it useful for only office and work not gaming. Aneways, it depends, what kind of games are you looking to run on a laptop, because even if you had a decent graphic card on it, it still would barely keep up!
mugman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mugman6
I know had this been the specs of a fully fledged pc the 1gb RAM etc. would have been rather respectable. It seems however that i may need to invest in a pc if i want to play games on it. Main reason for a laptop was because there is no room in my room for a pc. So final time i ask is there anything i could do whatsoever to run newish games, obviously not at ull performance levls or graphic specs. cheers for enduring a n00b pc user.
SniperXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SniperXD
My advise would be for you to save your money and buy a new pc, but then again im not too much into laptops so you can ask around a bit more!
-Guitarplayer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 -Guitarplayer-
Member since 2002 • 6355 Posts
sorry man but the only way you're going to be able to run things like CS Source or Company of Heroes is buying either a new laptop or desktop. And like the other guy said I'm surprised you can run WoW but then again I'm sure its very slow for you =)
mugman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mugman6
surprisingly not actually, could be better but at the same time could be far worse. When using the will it run? function on gamespot it generally shows that the video card is the only thing tat seems to be holding the system back and can normally get mid way between minimum and recommended system specs. Is there any way to change that or like i said i have a pc card slot but only 1. Any bolt on i could add to make it work better?
g0ldenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 g0ldenboy
Member since 2004 • 4226 Posts
These guys are clueless, hehe. I own an IBM laptop with worse specs than those that can run CSS smoothly. While not looking stunning with detail, it's pretty darn passable.
Jiggly_Wiggly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jiggly_Wiggly
Member since 2006 • 1912 Posts
My laptop has 1GB RAM, 1.7mhz processor and a 128 mb integrated grphics card. I have one c card slot and would like something to buy so that i can run games through my laptop. I can run WOW fine but CS:S freezes the laptop whenever i get to choosing my team on a server. Furthermore what could i do to allow my laptop to run the more current games e.g company of heroes. I know virtually nothing of pc's so any help is greatly appreciated.mugman6
1.7 mhz processor My calculator is faster :)
BTW I ran css on lowest, on a ti 4600 64-128 megs I dunno, and 512 vram, and 2.0 ghz, and it ran low css and it was slow  : /
sudantha8527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#11 sudantha8527
Member since 2005 • 1589 Posts
My laptop has 1GB RAM, 1.7mhz processor and a 128 mb integrated grphics card. I have one c card slot and would like something to buy so that i can run games through my laptop. I can run WOW fine but CS:S freezes the laptop whenever i get to choosing my team on a server. Furthermore what could i do to allow my laptop to run the more current games e.g company of heroes. I know virtually nothing of pc's so any help is greatly appreciated.mugman6

Sorry man the graphics card is now outdated, if you can't play CS:Source then you can't play most of the modern games. You can't even think of playing Rainbow Six: Vegas, anyway I recommend that you build a desktop PC if it's for gaming.