Changing the system requirements for older games should be illegal on the developers part

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Icrackurnuts
Member since 2024 • 60 Posts

Take cyberpunk and resident evil 2 for example they change the system requirements. Look if you want to add graphical enchantments to a game that is fine but don’t have the fucking nerve to make me upgrade my pc to play a game that was working fine on my older setup. You made your bed when you released the game with those requirements now keep them please

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1051 Posts

@icrackurnuts: If they change the requirements, they should at least keep an older version available for install that met those requirements.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

For single player games there's no reason not to be able to roll back to an older version if it performs better. I doubt it would ever be forced by law, but it would be a fair offer. I remember my old RX 6600 killing TW3 at 2K, now with the next gen upgrade and with 7800XT I get worse performance (with RT off, mind you). And it doesn't even look better to me, just different. I got the game when it was free, so I can't really complain but it's still kind of frustrating.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Seems kind of rediculous; game updates should make it run better, more efficient...increasing demands means the update makes the game less efficient.

Still, I think if "old" min specs are met you should at least be able to run the game, even if the "new" min specs are higher than what you have? It's not like they're going to tell you "No you can't run this, shutting game down..."...do they?