Dark Souls discussion (This topic is NOT about the quality of the port)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
The idea of this topic is that it's a place for us to discuss our experiences while we play through Dark Souls. It is not a place to discuss the issues you might have with the way the game was ported. There's already enough of those topics. There may be spoilers so be careful. Try to label anything spoilerific. I have played for a few hours today. I'm going back in soon. I got summoned to help in the Darkroot Garden. The host was quite good, though he did hang back a bit too much when we were fighting the boss. I also got summoned to help in the Undead Burg but the summoner got killed before we reached the boss. I managed to kill Havel and get his awesome ring so now I can wear some of the better armor I've found.
omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

Here's one: I was tackling this incredibly hard knight with my two summoned allies when some dude invaded my world. as soon as he saw my allies well....he panicked and ran away............straight into a chasm.

we were like, "what just happened"

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i wonder if the lack of posts is because technical issues are forbidden here :P
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Haven't gotten very far or played a whole lot of it but so far it's a great game. I was dubious about it due to how much people worshipped it but so far the enemies have really surprised me, when a dragon swoops in out of nowhere and flies off again it's pretty sweet

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Haven't gotten very far or played a whole lot of it but so far it's a great game. I was dubious about it due to how much people worshipped it but so far the enemies have really surprised me, when a dragon swoops in out of nowhere and flies off again it's pretty sweet

seanmcloughlin
Only thing that disturbs me is the lack of narrative and story besides the intro and random cryptic NPC. I went into the game knowing this, so I can't really complain.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

seanmcloughlin
The game gets a lot better as it goes on. The further you progress in the game, the more grandiose everything seems. The game world will start to connect in a bunch of interesting ways to make what seems to at first be a linear experience into a much more open game experience. Seriously, Dark Souls is friggin epic. I'm currently replaying through it on my PS3, and I really wish I could experience the DLC.
ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts
My thoughts on the game so far: I got the PC version, and the resolution fix makes it look WAY better i'm a huge fan of the series, Demon's Souls was my ps3 favorite game, and i had to try this one after becoming a pc gamer Droped like 7 hours so far, it's becoming really addictive I just feel sad about the lack of The Nexus, mainly because i fell in love with the place when i played Demon's Souls, i really felt safe in there, and there were teleports to the different areas. In Dark Souls, you have to move your @ss lol But it's an amazing game as well, already printed the list of unique weapons and gear and i'll get them all like in Demon's Souls Got the Drake Sword right now, it's a great sword for beginners so you guys keep that in mind
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="ArchDemon123"]My thoughts on the game so far: I got the PC version, and the resolution fix makes it look WAY better i'm a huge fan of the series, Demon's Souls was my ps3 favorite game, and i had to try this one after becoming a pc gamer Droped like 7 hours so far, it's becoming really addictive I just feel sad about the lack of The Nexus, mainly because i fell in love with the place when i played Demon's Souls, i really felt safe in there, and there were teleports to the different areas. In Dark Souls, you have to move your @ss lol But it's an amazing game as well, already printed the list of unique weapons and gear and i'll get them all like in Demon's Souls Got the Drake Sword right now, it's a great sword for beginners so you guys keep that in mind

Ew, do you really play the game that way? Do you really find it that fun butchering the game experience for yourself?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="ArchDemon123"]My thoughts on the game so far: I got the PC version, and the resolution fix makes it look WAY better i'm a huge fan of the series, Demon's Souls was my ps3 favorite game, and i had to try this one after becoming a pc gamer Droped like 7 hours so far, it's becoming really addictive I just feel sad about the lack of The Nexus, mainly because i fell in love with the place when i played Demon's Souls, i really felt safe in there, and there were teleports to the different areas. In Dark Souls, you have to move your @ss lol But it's an amazing game as well, already printed the list of unique weapons and gear and i'll get them all like in Demon's Souls Got the Drake Sword right now, it's a great sword for beginners so you guys keep that in mind

Ew, do you really play the game that way? Do you really find it that fun butchering the game experience for yourself?

Butchering it? Please the drake sword becomes useless after you ring the 2nd bell. It just helps the beginning not be so needlessly frustrating, I have gotten the drake sword on every character I have ever created.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="ArchDemon123"]My thoughts on the game so far: I got the PC version, and the resolution fix makes it look WAY better i'm a huge fan of the series, Demon's Souls was my ps3 favorite game, and i had to try this one after becoming a pc gamer Droped like 7 hours so far, it's becoming really addictive I just feel sad about the lack of The Nexus, mainly because i fell in love with the place when i played Demon's Souls, i really felt safe in there, and there were teleports to the different areas. In Dark Souls, you have to move your @ss lol But it's an amazing game as well, already printed the list of unique weapons and gear and i'll get them all like in Demon's Souls Got the Drake Sword right now, it's a great sword for beginners so you guys keep that in mindAdvid-Gamer

Butchering it? Please the drake sword becomes useless after you ring the 2nd bell. It just helps the beginning not be so needlessly frustrating, I have gotten the drake sword on every character I have ever created.

The beginning isn't frustrating at all w/o the Drake Sword unless you're an uber noob. I'm sure you played the game the same way - printed out a list of all the best items so you could grab them the first time through. It's just soooo much fun being geared enough to beat nearly the entirety of the game without the first few hours. :roll:

Doesn't sound like you guys got the point behind the game :P At least you could find your own way to have fun with it.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="ArchDemon123"]My thoughts on the game so far: I got the PC version, and the resolution fix makes it look WAY better i'm a huge fan of the series, Demon's Souls was my ps3 favorite game, and i had to try this one after becoming a pc gamer Droped like 7 hours so far, it's becoming really addictive I just feel sad about the lack of The Nexus, mainly because i fell in love with the place when i played Demon's Souls, i really felt safe in there, and there were teleports to the different areas. In Dark Souls, you have to move your @ss lol But it's an amazing game as well, already printed the list of unique weapons and gear and i'll get them all like in Demon's Souls Got the Drake Sword right now, it's a great sword for beginners so you guys keep that in mind

Killing the elite knights around Undead bug in 3-4 hits aren't that much fun if you ask me, takes away a lot of the difficulty. Why not just download the trainers right away? oh well, whatever floats ones boat I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Ew, do you really play the game that way? Do you really find it that fun butchering the game experience for yourself?

Killing the elite knights around Undead bug in 3-4 hits aren't that much fun if you ask me, takes away a lot of the difficulty. Why not just download the trainers right away? oh well, whatever floats ones boat I guess.

Have no idea what the trainers are, but you act like if some gets the drake sword they are a noob is just more elitist BS, it only makes the beginning faster, it becomes useless when the game actually gets hard, i dont get it. I bow you people are so fkn awesome, I worship the ground you walk on,I admire your ridiculous "standards" I want to be just like you. You self righteous pricks ruin this board and have for some time.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

Drake sword is a secret reward for a reason. Removing the difficulty from the start of a difficult game is kind of pointless >_>

lrn2zweihander bros.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] Butchering it? Please the drake sword becomes useless after you ring the 2nd bell. It just helps the beginning not be so needlessly frustrating, I have gotten the drake sword on every character I have ever created.

Have no idea what the trainers are, but you act like if some gets the drake sword they are a noob is just more elitist BS, it only makes the beginning faster, it becomes useless when the game actually gets hard, i dont get it. I bow you people are so fkn awesome, I worship the ground you walk on,I admire your ridiculous "standards" I want to be just like you. You self righteous pricks ruin this board and have for some time.

Did you even read the posts? It's not about the Drake Sword. It's about running through the game with a list of all the best gear so you can attain it without finding it yourself. You're right, the Drake Sword isn't that good. That's not my concern. My concern is all the other EZ-mode gear he'd pick up before he event attempts a difficult encounter. It's like booting up Morrowind, starting a new character, looking up all the best gear online (which you can just run to and acquire because the gear is supposed to difficult to find), then you play and beat the game and go "Wow, what an exhilarating experience". I'm sure he did the same thing in Demons Souls. Picked up the magic falchion 30 minutes into the game and blew through the rest. Please don't even try to act like you guys played the game the developers intended. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Killing the elite knights around Undead bug in 3-4 hits aren't that much fun if you ask me, takes away a lot of the difficulty. Why not just download the trainers right away? oh well, whatever floats ones boat I guess. KHAndAnime

Did you even read the posts? It's not about the Drake Sword. It's about running through the game with a list of all the best gear so you can attain it without finding it yourself. You're right, the Drake Sword isn't that good. That's not my concern. My concern is all the other EZ-mode gear he'd pick up before he event attempts a difficult encounter. It's like booting up Morrowind, starting a new character, looking up all the best gear online (which you can just run to and acquire because the gear is supposed to difficult to find), then you play and beat the game and go "Wow, what an exhilarating experience". I'm sure he did the same thing in Demons Souls. Picked up the magic falchion 30 minutes into the game and blew through the rest. Please don't even try to act like you guys played the game the developers intended. :P

To me it just seemed like he was going to go after them eventually , because he like to collect sets, like he did in demons souls. Thats what i got from it.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I like going into these kinds of games somewhat blind, but it is literally impossible to find all the amazing secrets, weapons and even factions without looking it up online. One faction is joined by talking to a cat on a windowsill, several areas are hidden behind false walls in hard to reach areas, and the Drake sword requires like 100 arrows on the tail of a dragon to get so I think its well worth knowing about it.

I have to admit it does make the beginning very easy, but now all I use is the +10 Lightning Spear, which is amazing, though I prefer longswords since they can't be parried as easily and work as well without the need for a lock on (and the game's finicky lock on system does make it easier sometimes to not use it).

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Ok, I may just buy this game, should I buy on PC or PS3? I know the port isn't the greatest but still, how does the PS3 version compare? I DO have a wired 360 remote, does thegame work better with a 360 remote or Dualshock?
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Ok, I may just buy this game, should I buy on PC or PS3? I know the port isn't the greatest but still, how does the PS3 version compare? I DO have a wired 360 remote, does thegame work better with a 360 remote or Dualshock?

Then I say grab it on PC because of the extra content that it has. From what I hear, the resolution fix works well so why not get it on the PC.
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Read the great console review. Can't wait to play it on PC.

ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArchDemon123

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Ew, do you really play the game that way? Do you really find it that fun butchering the game experience for yourself?KHAndAnime

The beginning isn't frustrating at all w/o the Drake Sword unless you're an uber noob. I'm sure you played the game the same way - printed out a list of all the best items so you could grab them the first time through. It's just soooo much fun being geared enough to beat nearly the entirety of the game without the first few hours. :roll:

Doesn't sound like you guys got the point behind the game :P At least you could find your own way to have fun with it.

Well, that's the point of RPG, you get good gear (just sayin), are you forcing people to play with inferior gear just to make it more difficult lol Oh, and i'm not getting the gear on my first playthrough, only on New Game + Now go play with the hilt of a sword and without a decent set of armor
omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 omenodebander

Ok, I may just buy this game, should I buy on PC or PS3? I know the port isn't the greatest but still, how does the PS3 version compare? I DO have a wired 360 remote, does thegame work better with a 360 remote or Dualshock?dracolich55

get the pc version instead, install the hi-res mod and the game looks so much better than the console versions. plus you get to experience the artorias expansion earlier.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KHAndAnime

I like going into these kinds of games somewhat blind, but it is literally impossible to find all the amazing secrets, weapons and even factions without looking it up online. One faction is joined by talking to a cat on a windowsill, several areas are hidden behind false walls in hard to reach areas, and the Drake sword requires like 100 arrows on the tail of a dragon to get so I think its well worth knowing about it.

I have to admit it does make the beginning very easy, but now all I use is the +10 Lightning Spear, which is amazing, though I prefer longswords since they can't be parried as easily and work as well without the need for a lock on (and the game's finicky lock on system does make it easier sometimes to not use it).

SPYDER0416

Please don't get me wrong because I 100% agree with you that it'd be impossible to find most of the secrets the developers put in the game. It's just I think they're something you should check out after having beaten the game (or at least attempted). Or else the experience of the game is wasted - because at that point you're can't really ever experience it the way the developers intended. And if you find these secrets on your own, it makes the game that much more rewarding.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] Butchering it? Please the drake sword becomes useless after you ring the 2nd bell. It just helps the beginning not be so needlessly frustrating, I have gotten the drake sword on every character I have ever created. ArchDemon123

Well, that's the point of RPG, you get good gear (just sayin), are you forcing people to play with inferior gear just to make it more difficult lol Oh, and i'm not getting the gear on my first playthrough, only on New Game + Now go play with the hilt of a sword and without a decent set of armor

To me it doesn't sound like you get the point of an RPG at all. It's about being immersed in the role of the character you're playing. Hence the term 'roleplaying'. Your idea of an RPG to me sounds completely warped. Doesn't even sound like you've ever played an RPG with the proper mentality. :P The point of RPG's isn't about getting the best gear or enforcing bad gear on other players, it's about the experience. And I'm glad to hear you are holding off until NG+.
ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArchDemon123
[QUOTE="ArchDemon123"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] The beginning isn't frustrating at all w/o the Drake Sword unless you're an uber noob. I'm sure you played the game the same way - printed out a list of all the best items so you could grab them the first time through. It's just soooo much fun being geared enough to beat nearly the entirety of the game without the first few hours. :roll:

KHAndAnime

To me it doesn't sound like you get the point of an RPG at all. It's about being immersed in the role of the character you're playing. Hence the term 'roleplaying'. Your idea of an RPG to me sounds completely warped. Doesn't even sound like you've ever played an RPG with the proper mentality. :P The point of RPG's isn't about getting the best gear or enforcing bad gear on other players, it's about the experience. And I'm glad to hear you are holding off until NG+.

Oh don't get me wrong, i have the exact same idea of roleplaying as you, i just like getting stronger and stronger :P And of course i'll hold up :) Just like Demon's Souls, on the first playthrough i usually don't give a crap about getting all the gear, then i grind i like a maniac on NG+ :P
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Good to hear this made is over, even though the devs were basically pressured to do it. I really wanted Demon Souls, but this will do. I'll pick it up one of these days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]Good to hear this made is over, even though the devs were basically pressured to do it. I really wanted Demon Souls, but this will do. I'll pick it up one of these days.

Your name suites alot of the other posters here, you seem like a nice guy.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 x-2tha-z
I was making my way through The Depths last night with a co-op buddy. We killed the Channeler at the top of the Depths and he dropped a Channelers Trident! I couldn't believe it. The Trident is supposed to be one of the hardest weapons in the game to find! I guess I got lucky. Very happy.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KHAndAnime
I was making my way through The Depths last night with a co-op buddy. We killed the Channeler at the top of the Depths and he dropped a Channelers Trident! I couldn't believe it. The Trident is supposed to be one of the hardest weapons in the game to find! I guess I got lucky. Very happy.x-2tha-z
That's pretty awesome. How is the coop handling? Was it easy and quick to find eachother?
RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

Anyone have issues with fps drops to 15 at certain times when using the resolution and dof fixed with it set to 2560x1600 for resolution and 1920x1080 for DoF?

So far I noticed it in this particular spot when these enemies start throwing fire bombs and I am staring in the direction shown in my screenshot.

The only noticead it in a few other spots.

My CPU and GPU are not being stressed at all so it seems like an engine issue.

dark9u.jpg

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]I was making my way through The Depths last night with a co-op buddy. We killed the Channeler at the top of the Depths and he dropped a Channelers Trident! I couldn't believe it. The Trident is supposed to be one of the hardest weapons in the game to find! I guess I got lucky. Very happy.KHAndAnime
That's pretty awesome. How is the coop handling? Was it easy and quick to find eachother?

The co-op works great once you get a successful summon. The guy I was playing with was just a random. We didn't plan to play together.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Anyone have issues with fps drops to 15 at certain times when using the resolution and dof fixed with it set to 2560x1600 for resolution and 1920x1080 for DoF?

RyviusARC

I had those issues even when I was on vanilla settings. I'm pretty much used to it but hoping there will be a fix eventually. My friend says he doesnt have the problem so its probably random. I'm running an Athlon II x4 and a 560ti.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RyviusARC

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"]

agpickle

I had those issues even when I was on vanilla settings. I'm pretty much used to it but hoping there will be a fix eventually. My friend says he doesnt have the problem so its probably random. I'm running an Athlon II x4 and a 560ti.

I wouldn't say it's random as the problem always occurs in the same exact spots.

What cpu does your friend have btw?

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I wouldn't say it's random as the problem always occurs in the same exact spots.

What cpu does your friend have btw?

RyviusARC

I mean itsrandom on who it effects as far as I can tell. My friend has an i5 and a 5850 I think, I'll double check tomorrow.

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 omenodebander

So far I noticed it in this particular spot when these enemies start throwing fire bombs and I am staring in the direction shown in my screenshot.

The only noticead it in a few other spots.

My CPU and GPU are not being stressed at all so it seems like an engine issue.

dark9u.jpg

RyviusARC

NOt me so far. I've been playing for 20 hours and not a single drop in fps for me. Then again, my dof setting is on default so..........I suggest you tone down dof in the mod ini. It's pretty heavy

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KHAndAnime
No FPS drops? That's a surprise. I have yet to see any footage of Dark Souls PC running smoothly for period of time. Could anyone show me some?
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
No FPS drops? That's a surprise. I have yet to see any footage of Dark Souls PC running smoothly for period of time. Could anyone show me some?KHAndAnime
I don't get the slowdowns in blight town.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

KHAndAnime

Please don't get me wrong because I 100% agree with you that it'd be impossible to find most of the secrets the developers put in the game. It's just I think they're something you should check out after having beaten the game (or at least attempted). Or else the experience of the game is wasted - because at that point you're can't really ever experience it the way the developers intended. And if you find these secrets on your own, it makes the game that much more rewarding.

Yeah I feel the same way, but I kind of compromise.

Basically, I got the game day one for PS3 and jumped right in, but tried to make a character with abilities that matched my playstyle. The Thief class came with a Masterkey, and since I liked story options I chose the Pendant. I had a blast exploring, and even now I make sure not too look too deep into some areas. I have found a few places by accident (like a bonfire behind a false wall in the Darkroot Garden).

I do talk to people about the game and go to the wiki on occasion, though I don't outright seek secrets there are some really well known ones I just want to be able to access (like the Chaos Witch Covenant, which is hidden behind a wall, as well as the Drake Sword and ability to reach certain locations). The game is unforgiving on mistakes, so making a decision that affects a faction on me is something I also make sure to look up since I want to get the most out of the game my first time through.

I actually haven't beaten the game yet even though I've had it almost a year. I beat Demon's Souls twice and still want the Platinum Trophy for it eventually, but with Dark Souls I guess I kind of held off when I heard about the DLC. I am going to start playing again though now that my stupid GPU had to crap out on me and get RMA'd.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]No FPS drops? That's a surprise. I have yet to see any footage of Dark Souls PC running smoothly for period of time. Could anyone show me some?SAGE_OF_FIRE

Even if you roll through a dozen barrels?
MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I've learned that ghosts are bad and got ambushed by a dragon...

This game tells you nothing.

27zhogk.jpg

Sexy!

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Say I pick to start as a Pyromancer. Is there a practical way to level him up to be great with a sword and shield, and pretty good at magic too?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RyviusARC

No FPS drops? That's a surprise. I have yet to see any footage of Dark Souls PC running smoothly for period of time. Could anyone show me some?KHAndAnime

Dark Souls hates recording programs.

I got a lot of fps drops in areas when recording.

It would drop straight to 15 fps then when turning off therecording it went back to 30.

I had plenty of CPU and GPU power unused too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]No FPS drops? That's a surprise. I have yet to see any footage of Dark Souls PC running smoothly for period of time. Could anyone show me some?KHAndAnime

Even if you roll through a dozen barrels?

Didn't notice anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Say I pick to start as a Pyromancer. Is there a practical way to level him up to be great with a sword and shield, and pretty good at magic too?

xLittlekillx
You need dex for pyromancers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Anyone here getting terrible fps? I've got used to the camera and controls now but the fps is making it really tough.

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

You need dex for pyromancers.

STR - 25 is okay

DEX - for pyromancy casting speed / and if you're using shield & sword. Yes, go for dex as most of the weapons scale with DEX

ATTUNEMENT - get upgrade until you reach 5 slots of pyromancy

END - upgrade! you'll be blocking a lot!

VIT - 40 should be enough

As for your equips, go with light armor and a large shield!

Don't worry about STR because some weapons really scale with DEX especially if you're going for sword/shield.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SPYDER0416

I've learned that ghosts are bad and got ambushed by a dragon...

This game tells you nothing.

27zhogk.jpg

Sexy!

MlauTheDaft

That half naked smiling guy is hilarious.

I have to admit, I stick to incredibly light armor myself, or I used to until I beefed up my strength and used a strength ring. Now I can use Havel's Armor and its like I'm a juggernaut. Well, as far as you can be a juggernaut in Dark Souls (some OHK's are still possible, but not all are when Vitality is so high and my armor is so great).

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 x-2tha-z

xLittlekillx
Yes, just pump a lot of points into strength/dexterity and intelligence. High Endurance is also good. You increase the power of your piromancy by levelling-up your piromancy flame; not any character stats. You can really turn your character into anything you want. You aren't restricted by your starting class in any way. If you decide which weapon you want to use, go into the menu and you can see which stat the weapon scales with. Levelling that stat up will increase the damage of that weapon. The scaling effect is graded alphabetically. S is the highest rank with E, I think, being the lowest. If you go with Dex, the Black Bow of Pharis is a great bow. It has good range and an S rank scaling for Dexterity.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Didn't have any real problem so far, beaten the Asylum Demon, the Taurus Demon, and the Ball Gargoyle. I would expect more from a game that flaunts difficulty as its selling point, a lot of deaths feel more like cheap shots rather than actual difficult situations. How the **** was I supposed to know a freaking dragon would fry me alive right before entering the undead parish?