• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

I would like to know if GTA V is coming to PC anytime soon or if I should pre-order it for the PS3. I read about the rumor but I don't know if it is just that.... a rumor.

Thanks.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
It will be coming, probably 6+ months down the track or even sooner (fingers crossed). You can play it on the PS3 if u can't wait.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

take a look at the release dates of GTA games on oc from GTAIII onwards...they show a consistent pattern

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

take a look at the release dates of GTA games on oc from GTAIII onwards...they show a consistent pattern

wis3boi

Man, I hope they stay consistent. I'm going to be so sad if there's no PC version. :(

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Cwagmire21

Man, I hope they stay consistent. I'm going to be so sad if there's no PC version. :(

I hope they DON'T stay consistent and don't take nearly a year to release a game. Release the darn game a month after only.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cwagmire21

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

FelipeInside

I hope they DON'T stay consistent and don't take nearly a year to release a game. Release the darn game a month after only.

Don't get greedy. :P No guarantee we get it.

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Heard on InsideGamingDaily that they were coming with a GTA 5 on PC. Plus everyone here is saying it so it is at least 90% confirmed lol.

Anyway, at the least we'll get it pretty far inside 2014.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Cwagmire21

LOL....I'm not greedy, I'm just asking them to do what every other company does.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I hope they DON'T stay consistent and don't take nearly a year to release a game. Release the darn game a month after only.FelipeInside

LOL....I'm not greedy, I'm just asking them to do what every other company does.

All other companies give the games side by side with PC? I wish, but that's not reality

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

wis3boi

All other companies give the games side by side with PC? I wish, but that's not reality

Not side by side, but a few weeks later (not nearly a year lol....)
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Probably will yes, but most likely 6-12 months after would be my guess.

I'll cop it on 360 or ps3 I think first, if its as good as it looks then down the road ill get it for PC for the mods n such.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

they have never confirmed PC version ahead of GTA's console launch, but it's coming. it must be some deal they have made with MS and Sony.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

they have never confirmed PC version ahead of GTA's console launch, but it's coming. it must be some deal they have made with MS and Sony.

groowagon

This, exactly.

Ever since GTA 3, it's been the exact same pattern, every single time. Game is announced for consoles, no mention of a PC version. They stay quiet, not confirming a PC version, or denying it, until after the game has launched on consoles, and they've made their hype sales. Then, like 6-9 months later, they quietly announce the PC version, not making a big deal out of it, usually just a couple weeks before it releases. Like, "oh by the way, there is a PC version. Here ya go". Every time. No reason whatsoever to think this time will be any different. No matter how many fanboys scream "RDR".

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

According to latest rumors, it´s coming in the mids of November

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

I'm gonna wait, I'd really rather not play it on my PS3.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi

jhonMalcovich

You mean nvidia using a poor choice of words? That's not even worthy of being called a rumor

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

I hope they DON'T stay consistent and don't take nearly a year to release a game. Release the darn game a month after only.FelipeInside

Why did they not continue like they did with Max Payne 3 which released a month in the US/a few weeks in EU after the console version ? The PC version of that game was made simultaneously with the console versions.

I had high hopes this would be the norm for R* games for now on.

"We're giving special care to Max Payne on PC because it started on that platform" - R*

But GTA started on PC as well, they seem to forget that :(

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I hope they DON'T stay consistent and don't take nearly a year to release a game. Release the darn game a month after only.R4gn4r0k

Why did they not continue like they did with Max Payne 3 which released a month in the US/a few weeks in EU after the console version ? The PC version of that game was made simultaneously with the console versions.

I had high hopes this would be the norm for R* games for now on.

"We're giving special care to Max Payne on PC because it started on that platform" - R*

But GTA started on PC as well, they seem to forget that :(

They have a contract with Sony/MS with the GTA franchise. Hype sales on the console version net big revenue for sony/MS and even spark sales of whole consoles.

Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
Man, as much as I want to play GTA V I guess I'll wait now that I have a nice PC to play games on.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

They have a contract with Sony/MS with the GTA franchise. Hype sales on the console version net big revenue for sony/MS and even spark sales of whole consoles.

wis3boi

Yep, I know a lot of people that buy a console just to play games like GTA or FIFA or COD. Those are the big sellers. What you say is most likely true.

Also they know that there will be people that buy it both on consoles and PC afterwards. Not me (this time :P) !

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

wis3boi

You mean nvidia using a poor choice of words? That's not even worthy of being called a rumor

November/December makes more sense due to Chrismas sales. R* doesn´t want to miss on the most profitable time of the year. 

Grand Theft Auto IV PC was released on Dec 2, by the way.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

jhonMalcovich

November/December makes more sense due to Chrismas sales. R* doesn´t want to miss on the most profitable time of the year. 

Grand Theft Auto IV was released on Dec 2, by the way.

"This statement was made with the intent of expressing enthusiasm for the games industry in general, and was not intended to represent specific knowledge possessed by NVIDIA," it reads. "NVIDIA does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability. We deeply regret the error."

You also forgot the important fact about GTA IV's release:

Console: 29 April 2008

PC: 2 December 2008

a 5 month gap

San Andreas:

Console: October 26, 2004

PC: June 7, 2005

an 8 month gap

Vice City:

Console: October 27, 2002

PC: May 12, 2003

a 7 month gap

GTA III:

Console: October 22, 2001

PC: May 20, 2002

a 7 month gap

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Gap is getting smaller and smaller....november/december is possible
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
Bah who cares anyway? GTA is in the past.... WATCH DOGS is where it's at now !!!
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Cwagmire21

It probably wont run anyway because Rockstar has the most horrible programmers in the world. GTA 4 had the same issues, hell I still cant play Max Payne 3 that I bought for the PC last year because the game wont even freaking up i7 920 6 gigs or Ram GTX 680
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

ProjectPat187

It probably wont run anyway because Rockstar has the most horrible programmers in the world. GTA 4 had the same issues, hell I still cant play Max Payne 3 that I bought for the PC last year because the game wont even freaking up i7 920 6 gigs or Ram GTX 680

GTA4 was probably one of the worst ports in PC history. MP3 was very well optimized for most people and ran flawless for me, hopefully you can get it running. I also believe it was the "other" Rockstar that did the port. Hopefully GTA5 follow the MP3 route.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cwagmire21

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

ProjectPat187

MP3 ran great for me. I'll agree that GTA IV was a bad port, but I've seen many praise MP3 for its optimizations.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
I'm waiting for the PC version. Need dem real car mods.
DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#29 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
Max Payne 3 was built from the ground up for pc, but LA Noire/GTA IV/Bully all crappy ports. GTAV will probably be a port and I'm keeping my expectations low.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

ProjectPat187

^ never played MP3

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Its ashame rockstar didn't give more effort into their pc ports because MP3 was the only good one I played this gen the rest were half ass.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I would like to know if GTA V is coming to PC anytime soon or if I should pre-order it for the PS3. I read about the rumor but I don't know if it is just that.... a rumor.

Thanks.

Gamartto
GTA V will come for PC but when you consider piracy and that GTA IV only sold close to a million copies compared to the consoles 20mill, Rockstar of course will take care of the consoles first. So expect the pc version if it comes to come out 6-10months after the console release.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

Its ashame rockstar didn't give more effort into their pc ports because MP3 was the only good one I played this gen the rest were half ass.

TheFadeForever
Its s shame that people pirate the game so Rockstar wont have a incentive to do more for the pc version.
RespawnCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RespawnCake
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamartto"]

Thanks.

Jacanuk

GTA V will come for PC but when you consider piracy and that GTA IV only sold close to a million copies compared to the consoles 20mill, Rockstar of course will take care of the consoles first. So expect the pc version if it comes to come out 6-10months after the console release.

Most of the pc sales for gta4 were infact through digital sales so number would be much higher.I also expect gta 5 will be released in next 6 months.

Ofc pc sales will not be higher than console but since they already develop game would be shame to cut the profit on pc.Porting that game doesn't need too much resources 

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="Gamartto"]

Thanks.

RespawnCake

Most of the pc sales for gta4 were infact through digital sales so number would be much higher.I also expect gta 5 will be released in next 6 months.

Ofc pc sales will not be higher than console but since they already develop game would be shame to cut the profit on pc.Porting that game doesn't need too much resources 

Ya, i know the digital sales are not there, but lets say they sold a million or 1.5 copies total , its still far away from the consoles. But your right it would be kinda dumb if Rockstar left out the pc version, because 1-2million copies are still 1-2 million copies.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

Jacanuk

Its s shame that people pirate the game so Rockstar wont have a incentive to do more for the pc version.

Very true. Max Payne 3 was the one port where R* put a lot of effort in the PC version. It looked miles better than on consoles and appeared only a short time after.

Too bad it didn't sell well on PC (nor on consoles). 

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The latest rumor peggs it at a Nov/Dec release.

They've been hiring PC game devs in order to "port they're latest games" so it's coming, and it's coming soon, but it's entirely possible that it won't hit until early 2014.

The thing is, a game like GTA is all about the worl. how believeable and alive it feels, IMHO.

The PC can deliver on that immersion - consoles can't. It'll be GTZ V all over again, where the world exists within a 100 foot circle aorund you, and everythign else is an empty backdrop. Where as on PC, you cna be accross the river, and stil see people moving around on the other side.

That plus better graphics and eprformance = the PC version si the way to go. Even if it means not getting ti for a few months.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

It will be released a few months later just like it happened with San Andreas and GTA 4.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

They've been hiring PC game devs in order to "port they're latest games" so it's coming, and it's coming soon, but it's entirely possible that it won't hit until early 2014.

The thing is, a game like GTA is all about the worl. how believeable and alive it feels, IMHO.

The PC can deliver on that immersion - consoles can't. It'll be GTZ V all over again, where the world exists within a 100 foot circle aorund you, and everythign else is an empty backdrop. Where as on PC, you cna be accross the river, and stil see people moving around on the other side.

That plus better graphics and eprformance = the PC version si the way to go. Even if it means not getting ti for a few months.

Kinthalis

A November/December release would be great!

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Jeebus, sorry about the horrible spelling. I'm on a tablet during the day most of the time.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I never even noticed your spelling :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside

Kinthalis

ehhh why?  It's the same game isn't it?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cwagmire21

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

FelipeInside

The next two sentences explain his point and I agree.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Cwagmire21

:( Can someone please explain? Is the console version different for GTA4 or something?
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

:( Can someone please explain? Is the console version different for GTA4 or something?

No, but the consoles aren't powerful enough to render much distance so it feels like you're just traveling in a small bubble.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

turn the settings down on your PC GTA IV to the lowest possible settings...view distance, everything.  That's what they see

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

It hasn't officially been announced, but they always come out with them about 6 months later. Maybe more.

Dequan1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dequan1233
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
They need to put it on the pc. Think of all the mods that will be produced! That could be produced! The game will become a hell of fun!