HD Ready questions...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toadaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 toadaly
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
So i'm starting to look around at getting a hdtv, and i'm amazed by all the options!  Well i think i have figured out what tv im gonna get, but i had a quick question.  If it says hd ready, can i still display hd signal from my 360?  I know i will need a cable or dish box to display high def programming, but in my area you need the box to get more than 2 channels of programming anyway.  So if i can buy a hd "ready" set, and save a few bucks, sounds good to me.  And if im not mistaken, it should do everything i want it to do anyway?  Thanks in advance!
Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
what type of TV is it? sometimes those "hd ready" tvs use that term because, while they accept an HD signal they wont properly display it like a tv that's 720p but is 4:3 it will accept a 720p signal but squishes it to fit
bewarethehorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 bewarethehorns
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts
buying a TV without a tuner isn't a bad idea, but made sure it is HD not ED, is widescreen, has all the inputs you need (in my experience as a salesman, I've noticed that the ready sets often lack in the input department), and it's a good brand. Otherwise, you should be fine.
bewarethehorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 bewarethehorns
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts
buying a TV without a tuner isn't a bad idea, but made sure it is HD not ED, is widescreen, has all the inputs you need (in my experience as a salesman, I've noticed that the ready sets often lack in the input department), and it's a good brand. Otherwise, you should be fine.
toadaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toadaly
Well its a samsung dlp set, 1080p and 50 inches... Also it is wide screen, so i hopefully shouldn't have to worry about not getting a true hdtv... So will it display hd signal from my 360 and cable box, or does it need a tuner to go through?  Thanks again!
Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
it will work fine those samsung 1080p sets are the best value tv you can possibly buy I have a 5687 myself :)
toadaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 toadaly
Awesome, thank you for the help, and im glad to hear the tv is a great value, seems to be the best way to get a large 1080p tv without breaking the bank.  Thanks again