help! possible vista problem.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingJustinII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 KingJustinII
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

this happens every time i try to download a game (by steam, or by disk [half life 2]) and i dont know why. It also happens when i run a game, sometimes it happens mid game, other times it happens immediately after i close it. This never happened to me on xp, but i just built a new system w/ vista, so i think that could be part of the problem.

any possible solutions?
(i also posted this in the pc games forum, just to be safe)
KingJustinII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 KingJustinII
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts
[QUOTE="KingJustinII"]

this happens every time i try to download a game (by steam, or by disk [half life 2]) and i dont know why. It also happens when i run a game, sometimes it happens mid game, other times it happens immediately after i close it. This never happened to me on xp, but i just built a new system w/ vista, so i think that could be part of the problem.

any possible solutions?
(i also posted this in the pc games forum, just to be safe)

nevermind, i solved the problem, but just incase anyone else has the same one, right click your steam icon and go to properties, then compatibility. Chances are its running in winXP (sp2) compatibility mode like mine was, but its an easy fix, all you do is take it off.)
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 KSlater85
Member since 2003 • 19738 Posts
Hmm... Another reason not to like Vista... I thought it was supposed to be "plug and play".. hehe.