TcNemesiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TcNemesiz
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

I recently bought Hisense 75 inch for cheap to play some single player games from my back catalog/ Gamepass. I had got lucky and purchased a 3080 at Best Buy and wanted to test the 4k (my monitor is 1440p). But when I hook up the PC to the TV it just pops up as 30hz and is really not playable for me. I purchased this 2.0 hdmi coord to make sure it was not a hdmi coord issue.

I put the setting on game mode for the input and still 30 fps.

I am out of ideas, does anyone have any experience with this tv? Or a forum that I could ask for help on?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17821 Posts

@TcNemesiz:

I don't know much about that TV, but make sure to set the resolution and refresh rate in the Nvidia Control Panel to 3840 x 2160 and 60hz (it may be under the PC section). If that does not work, then there is an issue with your cable (it may be too long and not providing the full bandwidth). If that is the case, you may be able to change the Nvidia Color Settings to unlock 60hz at reduced quality.

TcNemesiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TcNemesiz
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

@BassMan: Wow something so simple as going into Nvidia Control Panel and changing it did it! lol I am so embarrassed but happy. Thank you so much! Seriously you made my week. Now I will get to enjoy all the games I missed on this screen.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17821 Posts

@TcNemesiz: You're welcome. Enjoy.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

It's a little off topic, but I'm just wondering... I hooked up my new 4K TV with an HDMI cable that I already had, and it defaults to 4K resolution 60Hz but with 8bit color and limited output range only. If I set it to 1080p I can use 12bit colors and full output range, but I can't really tell the difference. Should I even bother getting a HDMI 2.0 cable? Apparently 10m cables are hard to find, except optical.