HyperX Cloud 2 are on sale and pretty sweet...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SAYCVTQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been using Audio-technica ath-m20x headphones for home listening, and had a shit pair of old logitech mic'ed headphones for the rare multiplayer gaming session. But now I'm teaching a lot from home, so I decided to buy a pair of comfortable miced headphones that actually sound ok.

It turns out these things are fantastic. I'm not an audiophile, but my research online shows they have a remarkably flat and accurate sound for the price point (and especially for being gaming phones). And I gotta say... about an hour in with them listening to music while I work and they sound at least as pleasant to my ears as the M20X (I kinda think they sound a wee bit better...) and are even more comfortable (and the M20X are pretty comfy and I've loved them).

If anyone's looking... I'm no pro but these definitely get a thumbs up.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

Why? I got Beyerdynamics DT 770 and have absolutely no wish to speak with anyone if I ever game online :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@horgen: lol, well like I said, it's a necessity for work - I was cheaping out big time on my friends with the the gaming headset before now

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I have heard them and they are decent for a 'gaming' headset. I will stick with my AKG K712 Pro and Blue Yeti though.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@horgen: lol, well like I said, it's a necessity for work - I was cheaping out big time on my friends with the the gaming headset before now

They didn't complain?

Duntastar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Duntastar88
Member since 2019 • 40 Posts

I was very tempted to buy the Cloud 2's a while back but held off. I own the Cloud Alphas now and love them. I'm guessing they sound similar to the cloud 2's but I cant say for sure. The Alphas sound so clear and sound quite open. I also use them for listening to music when I'm at home