IMPORTANT ISSUE please respond ASAP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dasanidrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dasanidrinker
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I get a free upgrade to windows vista home premium but i just wanted someones input on what i should do if my laptop is even worth the upgrade, i plan on playing two games MU and Americas Army and thats probably it. The only thing that is making this decision hard for me is that i get the upgrade for free! But it expires March 31 so i need to act fast. Is it worth it if i'm just going to be playing those two games and browsing the internet with a little bit of microsoft office? Thanks in advance with all your thoughts!

p.s. my laptop is 2 weeks old with not much programs on it so i have nothing to lose? i ran the vista advisor and only my mcafee antivirus won't work and a few minor programs could have issues

My specs:

Dell Inspiron E1505/6400

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66GHZ

1 GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 HyperMemory

80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 KSlater85
Member since 2003 • 19738 Posts
Well... Get the upgrade... But don't install it.. That is whatI am doing... Vista is not so great but will run fine on that laptop when it has all the problems fixed.
Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
Hmmm. I think the graphics card is slightly weak for Vista - especially if you want to play games as well.
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KSlater85
Hmmm. I think the graphics card is slightly weak for Vista - especially if you want to play games as well.Cyborg-21
Vista runs Areo with a 6200 so it will run on that... Games on that laptop are a joke even with XP... If he wants vista sure... but wait till there is a SP1 to install it.
dasanidrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dasanidrinker

the graphics card works fine for the two games i mentioned so its not a big deal unless its going to suck on vista?

But i already claimed the express kit so its on its way to me!?! does anyone know if i can just storage it for a year and then install it into my laptop? or does the license or coa expire after some time? it'd be awesome if i could install the express upgrade kit 1-2 years later...is the express upgrade kit the same as the retail upgrade kit?

KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KSlater85

the graphics card works fine for the two games i mentioned so its not a big deal unless its going to suck on vista?

But i already claimed the express kit so its on its way to me!?! does anyone know if i can just storage it for a year and then install it into my laptop? or does the license or coa expire after some time? it'd be awesome if i could install the express upgrade kit 1-2 years later...is the express upgrade kit the same as the retail upgrade kit?

dasanidrinker
Well you should be able to install it anytime you want... as long as you get a CD key and such... there should be no time limit on it as if it crashes you would need to reinstall it. so I would say you are safe to store it... I know I will be storing mine..
dasanidrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dasanidrinker
thats some good news! i guess its a win win situation? i get it for free and can install it whenever
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KSlater85
Yep.