ChristiaanBass6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChristiaanBass6
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

Hi there guys... I'm just a bit curious :D, does anyone else actually collect old 1990s - 2013ish physical pc games that come in jewel cases and dvd case format?

I'm from South Africa and I've decided to start collecting them as I actually still have some old Windows XP and 7 pc's that I use for pc gaming and retro stuff... Going to get myself a proper Windows 10 or 11 pc with a GTX 1650 sometime soon to play some more modern titles at hopefully 720p - 1080p low to medium settings...

I actually enjoy getting games from GOG.com that I remember from my childhood or never managed to finish when I was younger, I'm turning 27 in June and I've been collecting video games for a few years now...almost at 300 PS3 games, 26 PS4 games, a few PS Classic Mini consoles which I modified with Autobleem to load up my collection of classic favorites, a SNES Classic Mini, 3 X PS2 slim consoles with OPL Mod which I use to keep backups of my games so that I can preserve the physical media...

I've heard that pc game collecting is a bit niche but I really enjoy it XD

Have a great day guys, hope to see some replies or photos of your old pc games

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts

I don't collect, but I do have a dozen or so physical PC games on the shelf. Mostly play digital though, but I did get a computer that actually came with a built in CD player should I feel nostalgic for any of them.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I used to collect physical copies of PC games (still got a good 100 or so in storage). I prefer physical copies - download/install from the disc, don't need to worry about data caps. You can easily make .iso of the disc so you don't have to physically swap discs. Plus all the neat things that come with physical copies - manuals, back stories, collectibles and such other things.

Someone started a topic about what physical PC games do people still own, you can see that topic here:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/what-physical-pc-games-do-you-still-own-33584383/

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4236 Posts

Not physically. But I do collect digitally, and put it on a flash drive.