MaxLimitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MaxLimitz
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

Can you buy a new streaming PC that is also used for video editing just by visiting a shop (or online store) without the need of building your PC from parts? If the budget is around $700 - $800 (circa 600 € - 700 €), could you use for example one of these PCs in that approximate price category:

• Acer Aspire TC-886 (i5, 8GB, 512GB SSD, UHD Graphics 630, 2 HDMI, VGA)

• ASUS S340MF-I38100056T (i3, 4GB, 256GB SSD, Intel UHD graphics, HDMI, DVI, VGA)

• Acer Nitro N50 (i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1650, DVI)

If you use the same computer for playing and streaming at the same time, frames per second will probably suffer and be as low as 30 FPS? Heavy games will not be possible to be played and streamed at the same time, but lower-end games (e.g. Among Us) should be fine?

Also, a large internal additional hard drive would be valuable, as videos take space and there would be less clutter on the table. Of course, even a large hard drive can get full, so external hard drives would be needed occasionally?

Do people have personal experiences of not adequate enough PCs for streaming, so I would avoid any particular things? An i3 for example might not be enough for streaming? Also, 4 GB doesn't sound much? Should the budget be higher and what would be a good enough configuration in such a machine if you do not want to assemble the machine yourself?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

I just purchased a used MSI GL62m 7RDX I7 and i spend extra for the 1TB SSD drive, and upgraded the ram too. I noticed there is editing software on it, but i am not familiar with editing. I bought it for gaming. The user i purchased it from mentioned he used it for editing. I would say you might need a bit more $$ for a good one. I checked prices for general up to date specs, and they run about $1000.00 US.

I'm just realizing that in order to upgrade to faster SSD and Ram, and SSD M2 - I need to spend more $$

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@LexLas: Holy hell, welcome back!

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@davillain-: Yo, Yo, Yo ! davillain, my OG amigo. It sure has been a couple of years, almost 2 to be exact, lol. Good to see your still here. Yes i'm into PC gaming now. Got a up to date laptop and i purchased like 10 games in the past two weeks. I'm trying to check out the hype on PC gaming, and so far i am impressed.

Moderator ? What is that you have become ? You a sheriff now ? Da man !

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@LexLas: Been a mod over a year now. Things have change around here in Gamespot.