Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

It had been a while since I spent any time playing a PC game, but I spent a lot of time with Doom 2016 trying to beat it (still haven't done it yet) since the new game is coming out. The day after playing my wrist and forearm started to bother me and still bothered me for a few games.

When I played my Switch using a controller I didn't have any pain.

Is there anything I can do play pain free? Tennis and exercise hasn't hurt my wrist and elbow.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58459 Posts

How is your posture and general seating arrangement? Do you have your wrist bent at a weird angle?

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts

Check posture, and also desk/monitor/keyboard height position. Your sight line should hit just below top of the monitor, and make sure your keyboard isn't positioned way up high or an otherwise awkward position. Step back and take a look at setup and ask yourself if your arms and upper body are twisted up like a mutant crab.

FYI, I got fed up with the final Doom 16 boss and deleted the game. Also stuck on Act 2 boss in Wolcen, will prob delete it too.

I hate fcking bosses, they literally waste my money.

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maxpowers_32

@mrbojangles25: You know what? My setup is like the 2nd one down in the picture.

Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maxpowers_32
@attirex said:

Check posture, and also desk/monitor/keyboard height position. Your sight line should hit just below top of the monitor, and make sure your keyboard isn't positioned way up high or an otherwise awkward position. Step back and take a look at setup and ask yourself if your arms and upper body are twisted up like a mutant crab.

FYI, I got fed up with the final Doom 16 boss and deleted the game. Also stuck on Act 2 boss in Wolcen, will prob delete it too.

I hate fcking bosses, they literally waste my money.

Looking at the way I'm sitting my sight line was just above the monitor.

I'm really enjoying this Doom 2016 game. It's just incredible how they combined some of the nostalgic feel of the original doom by having the hidden areas in the stages with modern graphics and even choices about how you want to upgrade. I also really like all the detail with the story and how the progression system gets you to do all kinds of cool moves.

I hear you about how boss fights can be frustrating. Usually there is some kind of pattern you can find. I thought it was really cool facing the cyberdemon. I think I'm just starting the last level now.