lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

I've been out there doin my duty as a freedom loving American voicing my concerns over the massive injustices happening to our black brothas and sistas nahmean. What y'all been doin???

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

@lifelessablaze: I live out in the boondocks, so no. If I lived in the city I would probably be protesting.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

Playing video games and watching movies.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

This is probably better off on the Political Gamers forum.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't tend to go to protests, for my own safety and that of others. I'm supportive of any effort to make the world a more fair place. All lives matter. (Consequently, black lives matter just as much.)

Not a fan of movements that support one particular section of humanity in their name like BLM. I think it inevitably exacerbates the problem in the long term. Just like how feminism is not wholly undeservedly known for being anti-male.

Consider this: A movement is there to protect a group of people who have it bad. So they present one example after another example showing how that group specifically is treated unfairly. Of course that's fine. Of course, the group of people who have it bad are never the only people who have it bad. It should be fine, it's not a race to bottom I always say. However, naturally after some time, the movement is seen as one that doesn't look at things fairly by an increasing amount of people who know that there is more to the story. It doesn't add up because a lot is left out. The movement is an easy target because all they do is look at things from one perspective.

When that gets into people's minds the movement will start to attract people who think that the movement is about placing the group above others. Or worse, people who think that it's about revenge instead of creating a more fair world. Revenge and creating a more fair world don't go together very well. The narrow focus of the name becomes a self fulfilling prophecy because when the people join who are the reverse of what you were fighting against, you're going to end up being the bad guys. That's how you get, for example, feminists who are against male shelters because they think men shouldn't be helped. That goes against everything a feminist is supposed to be, but here we are. And then you'll see people who have doubts about such a movement, like me, who then point out the hypocrisy because it's hurting the very thing the movement was supposed to be. Now it's a controversial movement. It has become another monster to fight if we want to have a more fair world.

It's much stronger when a group is clearly from the start created in name and purpose to protect anyone from a type of unfair treatment, such as racism. A movement that would look at things from all perspectives and that doesn't need to worry so much about a race to the bottom between different groups. Is racism against this group or that group worse? Their answer would be all racism is bad. That is much easier for the general population to support. It also wouldn't attract the wrong people so easily. This is why I said before, that I think the MRA and feminism should be one movement. It would get rid of a lot of the crazies, and I think it would be a cause that almost anyone could support. It shouldn't be difficult because they both share the same goal on paper. How hard it is demonstrates how far they combined have strayed from their path.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Waste of time. There’s no proof the cop, while a total scumbag murderer, was racially motivated.

You guys got duped by bad media promoting fake news.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

So what's the plan to fix racist cops? People want action, but no one suggests anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@Sevenizz: Not surprised you would make such a silly comment. You missed the point obviously.

Working and being productive.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3878 Posts

No, the protests are again being done because of a false narrative. Yes, a white police officers led to the death of a black man, and they will be punished. Facts show there were more police officers killed last year than all unarmed people both white and black combined last year. The main stream media will not provide these facts. In the mists of these protests there is a left group that want to use them to take down the government. They are the ones promoting the violence. George Floyd death has been lost in the riots and looting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@JimB: Another conservative who doesn’t get it. Admit you don’t care blacks are targeted more than whites. And no, there is no left group doing that, you got duped by fox. There are alt right groups posing as left groups starting crap.

I guess to some here black lives don’t matter.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JimB

@thegreatchomp said:

@JimB: Another conservative who doesn’t get it. Admit you don’t care blacks are targeted more than whites. And no, there is no left group doing that, you got duped by fox. There are alt right groups posing as left groups starting crap.

You have no idea what you are talking about Antifa is behind the violence and they are being protected by the media and Democrat politicians.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Waste of time. There’s no proof the cop, while a total scumbag murderer, was racially motivated.

You guys got duped by bad media promoting fake news.

Because this is the only time this happened in history...……...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts
@JimB said:
@thegreatchomp said:

You have no idea what you are talking about Antifa is behind the violence and they are being protected by the media and Democrat politicians.

Wrong. They are finding far right groups are posing as Antifa...……...that's your side isn't it jim?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@LJS9502_basic:

And jimb has been destroyed. The so called left groups are mostly just right wing groups trying to start a race war.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Heck yeah I've been protesting. It's been fun meeting so many cool and amazing people. Black Lives Matter, and we will force change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/boogaloo-extremist-protests-invs/index.html

Right wing groups trying to start a civil war. But JimB ignores them because he supports them.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

Right wing groups trying to start a civil war. But JimB ignores them because he supports them.

Boogaloo is an event, not a movement. CNN at it again inventing news.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 npiet1

@mesome713 said:

Heck yeah I've been protesting. It's been fun meeting so many cool and amazing people. Black Lives Matter, and we will force change.

What change and how?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@npiet1: We are gonna fire all cops and replace them with Londons finest.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sevenizz

@thegreatchomp: ‘I guess to some here black lives don’t matter.’

They do, but so do all lives. Singling one group out is racist - the very definition of it.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sevenizz

@JimB: ‘Facts show there were more police officers killed last year than all unarmed people both white and black combined last year..

89 to be exact.

Where’s the media up in arms about this? Where’s that protest?

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

@Sevenizz:

No one cares. The narrative will always be "Too bad but thats your job."

I have not been out protesting for a variety of reasons but the biggest and most important one is we've been told for three months now that ignoring social distancing guidelines is morally inethical and illegal. Pools and gyms are still not yet open. Right now i'm facing an issue dealing with the obligation to return to work despite childcare facilities and options not being completely available. The covid 19 articles have largely dropped from my newsfeed compared to before but i just saw one describing certain republican states becoming "hot spots" due to early reopening....

I mean if you're going to push an agenda and narrative, you at least shouldnt have it contradict itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

As usual I've been at my local church worshiping satan.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

@Sevenizz: The only reason those cops are facing punishment for their crimes is BECAUSE of the protesting. All 4 involved are facing murder charges now brought on by the State AG, the district AG wasn't going to do anything. Then the protests happen.

All lives matter diminishes the BLM movement, yes all lives matter but there's discrimination and injustice for black lives in our country right now and the issue needs to be addressed.

As a white guy you've never had any reason to be afraid of the police, jog in a neighborhood, or ask for help when walking your dog and need help with leash

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

Here is your tinfoil hat. If you all call Fox News fake then CNN is just as bad.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Here is your tinfoil hat. If you all call Fox News fake then CNN is just as bad.

Three Nevada men with ties to a loose movement of right-wing extremists advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government have been arrested on terrorism-related charges in what authorities say was a conspiracy to spark violence during recent protests in Las Vegas.

“People have a right to peacefully protest. These men are agitators and instigators. Their point was to hijack the protests into violence,” Nicholas Trutanich, U.S. attorney in Nevada, told AP

The complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Wednesday said they self-identified as part of the “boogaloo” movement, which U.S. prosecutors said in the document is “a term used by extremists to signify coming civil war and/or fall of civilization.”

Each currently faces two federal charges — conspiracy to damage and destroy by fire and explosive, and possession of unregistered firearms. In state court, they've been accused of felony conspiracy, terrorism and explosives possession

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-06-03/prosecutors-3-arrested-on-terrorism-charges-in-las-vegas

HeadtripHippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HeadtripHippie
Member since 2013 • 109 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

Did you read the article?

"Boogaloo members appear to hold conflicting ideological views with some identifying as anarchists and others rejecting formal titles. Some pockets of the group have espoused white supremacy while others reject it."

And

"Still, there are some documented reports of group-affiliated individuals from the left and right of the extremist spectrum"

Then there is this from the individual interviewed (a boogaloo member):

"I'm a member of the LGBT community," said Teeter, who describes himself as a non-voting "left anarchist...People think I'm part of a Nazi group; I'm not."

The article does not seem to support the claim that the violence is started by soley or even primarily by right wing groups.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xabiss

@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Three Nevada men with ties to a loose movement of right-wing extremists advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government have been arrested on terrorism-related charges in what authorities say was a conspiracy to spark violence during recent protests in Las Vegas.

“People have a right to peacefully protest. These men are agitators and instigators. Their point was to hijack the protests into violence,” Nicholas Trutanich, U.S. attorney in Nevada, told AP

The complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Wednesday said they self-identified as part of the “boogaloo” movement, which U.S. prosecutors said in the document is “a term used by extremists to signify coming civil war and/or fall of civilization.”

Each currently faces two federal charges — conspiracy to damage and destroy by fire and explosive, and possession of unregistered firearms. In state court, they've been accused of felony conspiracy, terrorism and explosives possession

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-06-03/prosecutors-3-arrested-on-terrorism-charges-in-las-vegas

And there is plenty of Antifa members being arrested for the same thing. So? ties to a loose movement? What the hell does that even mean.

And to be honest I think it is groups from the left and right causing these issues we are seeing. But I don't believe it is just one sided.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49591 Posts

I've been out there too, granted I'm being paid time and a half to be out there.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@thegreatchomp: ‘I guess to some here black lives don’t matter.’

They do, but so do all lives. Singling one group out is racist - the very definition of it.

Lol wow, the ignorance. If all lives mattered, then black lives would have mattered as well. The point is that evidently, they don't in america.

Conservative morons: the protests are all guided by the fake media, don't trust anyone!!

Also conservative morons: the protests have been all instigated by antifa according to the very trustworthy media I consume

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50665 Posts

What did you nab?

jokes!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Nude_Dude: Don’t bother with him. He has gone into the realm of full blown racism.

@headtriphippie: Why to not understand the movement or do you homework on it. That and miss the point of a post while cherry-picking a article you didn’t read. Boogaloo is primarily right wing, CNN is wrong in painting it as otherwise. I just used them to prove it happens.

@Xabiss: You are impossible to take seriously. Denying proven events is sad. It is proven right wing groups are posing as left wing, and you bought it.

@Sevenizz:

BLM is not racist and doesn’t say nobody else lives matter. It’s about bring attention to black lives who have been treated far worse by your end.

@Gaming-Planet: Wrong. It’s people who believe in the event. Stop watching fox.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xabiss

@thegreatchomp said:

@Nude_Dude: Don’t bother with him. He has gone into the realm of full blown racism.

@headtriphippie: Why to not understand the movement or do you homework on it. That and miss the point of a post while cherry-picking a article you didn’t read. Boogaloo is primarily right wing, CNN is wrong in painting it as otherwise. I just used them to prove it happens.

@Xabiss: You are impossible to take seriously. Denying proven events is sad. It is proven right wing groups are posing as left wing, and you bought it.

@Sevenizz:

BLM is not racist and doesn’t say nobody else lives matter. It’s about bring attention to black lives who have been treated far worse by your end.

@Gaming-Planet: Wrong. It’s people who believe in the event. Stop watching fox.

You hatred for right is blinding you from the truth what is really going on. Everyone from the right, left, and cops are part of this problem. Our president seriously needs to shut up right now and I have said that in multiple post. Antifa just needs to be wiped out just like any radical far right groups. All of them just promote violence and hatred and right now it all needs to stop!

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JimB

@headtriphippie said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Did you read the article?

"Boogaloo members appear to hold conflicting ideological views with some identifying as anarchists and others rejecting formal titles. Some pockets of the group have espoused white supremacy while others reject it."

And

"Still, there are some documented reports of group-affiliated individuals from the left and right of the extremist spectrum"

Then there is this from the individual interviewed (a boogaloo member):

"I'm a member of the LGBT community," said Teeter, who describes himself as a non-voting "left anarchist...People think I'm part of a Nazi group; I'm not."

The article does not seem to support the claim that the violence is started by soley or even primarily by right wing groups.

According to the right wing New York Times there is no evidence of White Supremist or Nazi promoting the violence we are now seeing. Antifa is supplying items to be used in the riots in caches in the protest areas, of course you won't see the article mentioned on ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN, or MSNBC, they are a guilty for the riots as the people doing the rioting. By the way I don't support any group causing destruction of others property, injuring innocent people, and putting the country in danger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Xabiss: You haven’t disproven anything I said. And of course I hate the right, maybe instead of blindly attacking that try to understand it. My hatred of the right goes far beyond the lies they have spread about the riots and BLM. It goes deeper than anti vaxxing, lies about Coronavirus and attacking all safety nets while painting me as some baby eating psycho for not agreeing with them. Am I supposed to like a group of people trying to destroy my mothers only form of income? Wake up and understand.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xabiss

@thegreatchomp said:

@Xabiss: You haven’t disproven anything I said. And of course I hate the right, maybe instead of blindly attacking that try to understand it. My hatred of the right goes far beyond the lies they have spread about the riots and BLM. It goes deeper than anti vaxxing, lies about Coronavirus and attacking all safety nets while painting me as some baby eating psycho for not agreeing with them. Am I supposed to like a group of people trying to destroy my mothers only form of income? Wake up and understand.

Sorry just from this statement your hatred will always blind you from the truth. Even if it was proven Antifa was the root cause you will always believe the right caused it some way some how. So no reason to talk to you about it. Have a nice day!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Xabiss: Typical. No matter what anybody says you will always ignore and attack. I am done with you.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

@amillionhp said:

@Sevenizz:

No one cares. The narrative will always be "Too bad but thats your job."

I have not been out protesting for a variety of reasons but the biggest and most important one is we've been told for three months now that ignoring social distancing guidelines is morally inethical and illegal. Pools and gyms are still not yet open. Right now i'm facing an issue dealing with the obligation to return to work despite childcare facilities and options not being completely available. The covid 19 articles have largely dropped from my newsfeed compared to before but i just saw one describing certain republican states becoming "hot spots" due to early reopening....

I mean if you're going to push an agenda and narrative, you at least shouldnt have it contradict itself.

Ah yes, the famous democrat agenda "don't kill black people"... how dare they be so blatant about it.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrLostRib
@Xabiss said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:
@thegreatchomp said:

And there is plenty of Antifa members being arrested for the same thing. So? ties to a loose movement? What the hell does that even mean.

And to be honest I think it is groups from the left and right causing these issues we are seeing. But I don't believe it is just one sided.

I'm not here to deal with your Antifa boogeyman issues

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss

@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Of course it is easier to hide from the truth and to point finger. Have a nice day!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Xabiss: Will you prove your point for once?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrLostRib

@Xabiss said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:
@drlostrib said:
@Xabiss said:

Of course it is easier to hide from the truth and to point finger.

Yes, that does seem to be the course of action you are taking

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

I support protests in response to police brutality. I hope some good change comes from it. Good on you for participating.

I hope you're not part of the looting and riots. With every brick that gets thrown at a privately owned business the protest loses meaning. Some people just want to use it as an excuse to riot and break shit. It's a bad scene that undermines the memory of George Floyd and the purpose of the protests.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Watching the news footage over the last ten nights, & now I find myself morbidly waiting the massive spike in cases/deaths from C19. Being isolated & locked down for three months, then watching this unfold makes me feel like I've been duped.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I support the protests, however I don't have time to participate.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

@npiet1 said:

So what's the plan to fix racist cops? People want action, but no one suggests anything.

This is what I'm most curious about. As it stand now, cops already for the most part get held accountable for the many things they do (with over 100,000 cops nationwide, there is bound to be some that slip through, but that's the case for any work place that exist when misconduct occurs. Its just up to people to point out when that happens so it can be corrected and the appropriate action can be taken), now are forced to wear body cams in many parts of the US, are placed on administrative leave for investigation whenever there's shooting of any kind, and so on. There has been many reforms in the past 20 years when it comes to law enforcement (especially the last 10 years), so it's not like it hasn't been happening as people are complaining about. Kind curious to know what else do people want...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

I've been busy with a petition of my own about people building duplexes right behind my house. Consequently I've learned in just three days how easy it is for politicians to use racism as a tool to get what they want. It would be incredibly easy to just agree with what people say about people of different races or those who are poor to get signatures for what you want out of them. It's a disheartening lesson to say the least.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sevenizz

@Star67: ‘All lives matter diminishes the BLM movement’

It’s a stupid movement that causes more trouble than help. You think race relations have gotten better since their inception? No, the exact opposite. They’ve taken on this cause with still no proof the cop had racists intentions. And where are they with black on black crime that takes substantially more lives than white on black crime? Silent.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 npiet1

@Sevenizz said:

It’s a stupid movement that causes more trouble than help.

Pretty much this, People keep saying I'm black or I'm white, why not I'm a person? To much race division for people to full come together. The only time race should be important is for medical reasons.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@Sevenizz said:

It’s a stupid movement that causes more trouble than help.

Pretty much this, People keep saying I'm black or I'm white, why not I'm a person? To much race division for people to full come together. The only time race should be important is for medical reasons.

Everyone is on an emotional high (albeit for a good "cause"), though I'm getting sick of the cyclical reasoning. You can't have an opinion if you're white so don't say nothin'. Hold on, white silence is violence so speak up....amongst other things.

People also bring up movie examples as well like Star Wars and Hunger Games and be like "white people understand these movies but don't understand whats going on here". So I'll bring my own example, I feel like everyone is Tony Stark finding out that Bucky killed his parents and that everyone is acting out with full blown anger.