moviemancc213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 moviemancc213
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

I am an older gamer that started with an Atari games like Pitfall and Combat, and moved slowly up through all the consoles until my Xbox 360 which I haven't played in years. I have all my old consoles still in working condition, except our PS2(which is my wife's). We are expecting a child in January, for which we are SO excited, we have been trying for a while. But the reason for this post is that I have not played a game since booting up Castlevania SoTN on Xbox Arcade around two years ago, and I was wanting to try and play a few old games before our youngen comes around so I can show him/her some good games. We both like NES, SNES, and N64 RPGs and Platformers, PS1 SRPGs, RPGs, Horror, and Platformers, and Wii and Xbox 360 RPGs and Horror games. They don't have to be super kid friendly as we expect they will grow up with our love for games and learn to play them later. We just can't think of all our old favorite games. Her favorite games are Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider, and mine are also FF, Castlevaina, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, and Metal Gear. Any ideals on games we should catch back up on? Thanks for all your guys help.

pikachewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By pikachewbacca
Member since 2015 • 127 Posts

This is hard to answer because I can't remind you of all your old favourite games. Do you mean ones you already own or are willing to buy? Going by your gaming preferences I would say

Final Fantasy VI

Super Castlevania IV

Super Metroid

Super Mario Bros 3

Metal gear solid 1

Zelda: Link to the past

Tomb Raider 1

Crystalis

Dragon Quest 4

Chrono Trigger

Earthbound

Secret of Mana

Adventure Island II

Donkey Kong Country

Tactics Ogre

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@pikachewbacca said:

This is hard to answer because I can't remind you of all your old favourite games. Do you mean ones you already own or are willing to buy? Going by your gaming preferences I would say

Final Fantasy VI

Super Castlevania IV

Super Metroid

Super Mario Bros 3

Metal gear solid 1

Zelda: Link to the past

Tomb Raider 1

Crystalis

Dragon Quest 4

Chrono Trigger

Earthbound

Secret of Mana

Adventure Island II

Donkey Kong Country

Tactics Ogre

Everything in here is spot on, add mario 64, mario sunshine and galaxy 1 and 2.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

2 oldies from the golden years of the arcade era : Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. Man I dropped so many quarters playing those two.

Warioworld ( gc ) is also a fun game