Issues with my RK2020 - Can anyone help?

ChrisA01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ChrisA01
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an RK2020 handheld and updated the firmware with Emuelec v3.9. Unfortunately, it has two major and annoying flaws:

1. It will not play sound through the external speakers, I can only hear any sound through attaching headphones into the headphone jack.

2. It actually does not play games above PSX level, i.e. 32bit games. This is a real shame. I spent a lot of money on the device in the hope that this device would support such a way of running those games, and now I am simply saddened by this.

I have attempted to tweak the settings to prevent these issues from occurring, with no success. This has included using Batocera software and tweaking some of the settings on Emuelec. Neither option has helped really.

If anyone can assist with helping me on these matters, you are a total legend.

By the way, is anyone keen on me beginning a retro gaming review website? I would like to know if this is a good idea, please let me know what you think.

Chris

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

@chrisa01: I would revert to the previous firmware. I had issues on my Ambernic RG350P jumping to different firmware. It could be the same issue just revert back to the firmware that worked before. If that don't work get on Reddit and ask the rk2020 community on there.

kohramach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kohramach
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

It seems like the screen is dead. When I put it to charge a blue light turns on inside the console but that's about it. Who should I contact for support? I thought retromimi but it seems they're just a seller.

https://9apps.ooo/