DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56400 Posts

Let's see... where to start? Actually, a good place to start is practicing issens. Upgrade the deflect and chain skills and dump red souls into armor. Get used to magic issen and then chaining into other genma, but also spend time practice deflect. When you are comfortable with deflect start working on true issens since they always release colored souls that can refill your tanks.

Soki's early weapons aren't worth much. Upgrade what you want to about level 5 so he isn't completely weak, but he doesn't really get a good weapon until Cutting Wind is available - stage 6 I beleive. Elemental properties only play a minor roll, but it helps for ToVs and few particularly annoying genma. Does this help? And I played Dawn of Dreams back in 2008. Yeah it's been that long.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 ayanami000
Member since 2015 • 125 Posts

I tried it thanks. But I seemed to really struggle with chaining my hits. I'm still looking for good weapons.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

I love that game. Once I got the red bell I just farmed for souls at the very beginning of Stage 9. You get bonus +1000 souls if you absorb a lot at a time. So I just kept killing those weak enemies with the hats (they keep respawning) and they release more souls than usual with the red bell equipped. I upgraded everything there (including armor). I also had the AI computer wait and recover at the very southern tip cause they just got in the way.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ayanami000

@SOedipus said:

I love that game. Once I got the red bell I just farmed for souls at the very beginning of Stage 9. You get bonus +1000 souls if you absorb a lot at a time. So I just kept killing those weak enemies with the hats (they keep respawning) and they release more souls than usual with the red bell equipped. I upgraded everything there (including armor). I also had the AI computer wait and recover at the very southern tip cause they just got in the way.

I think I haven't got that red bell.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus

@ayanami000: There are four ways to get it...that I know of:
- Gold Prize from Test of Valor (Kill 100 Genmas) at Plains Highway (Stage 3)
- Combine Invention Notes + Rare Antler with Ohatsu
- Dropped by a Red Flying Wizard
- Roberto's 40th floor prize of the Dark Realm

I got it by the Test of Valor. I think that's the earliest you can get it.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ayanami000

Whoa. I haven't get to do any of that. This game's tricky. The test of valor I didn't think that it would important to have it gold. The antler don't have yet. Dropped better wish for luck. And I don't have enough power to reach floor 22 up.

@SOedipus said:

@ayanami000: There are four ways to get it...that I know of:

- Gold Prize from Test of Valor (Kill 100 Genmas) at Plains Highway (Stage 3)

- Combine Invention Notes + Rare Antler with Ohatsu

- Dropped by a Red Flying Wizard

- Roberto's 40th floor prize of the Dark Realm

I got it by the Test of Valor. I think that's the earliest you can get it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus

@ayanami000: You can unlock some pretty cool stuff getting gold. I find I do crappy the first time I do them and much better when repeating a stage later. I didn't even bother with the Dark Realm until I had a decent weapon and armor maxed out for a character. I wasn't a pro at the game, and I am by no means saying you're no good either, but I remember that I didn't have a hard time getting the Red Bell from the Test of Valor. Unfortunately, I have not played the game for several years so I don't remember the strategy that I used. I just remember other parts that I found very frustrating. This is definitely a game I would buy as a remaster for PS3 or PS4.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ayanami000

I'm getting the hang of it. I now have that bell and I'm focusing now on enhancing my gears. But stillstruggling on chaining XD.

@SOedipus said:

@ayanami000: You can unlock some pretty cool stuff getting gold. I find I do crappy the first time I do them and much better when repeating a stage later. I didn't even bother with the Dark Realm until I had a decent weapon and armor maxed out for a character. I wasn't a pro at the game, and I am by no means saying you're no good either, but I remember that I didn't have a hard time getting the Red Bell from the Test of Valor. Unfortunately, I have not played the game for several years so I don't remember the strategy that I used. I just remember other parts that I found very frustrating. This is definitely a game I would buy as a remaster for PS3 or PS4.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SOedipus

@ayanami000: I was only good at doing magic chaining and block chaining. I'm not sure what the proper terms are called. For example, with the 'magic chain' (that's what I will call it) just hit triangle at the enemy and then quickly hit square as many times as there are enemies on screen. Obviously, the more enemies that there are and the closer they are together the better. The blocking one is pretty easy too. As soon as you block (it helps if you are notholding the guard button) quickly hit square and repeat. You probably know all of this already.

The "true" issen is when you attack right before the enemy does. You get the most souls out of this. The hard thing is initiating it. It depends on the character you are using, what weapon is equipped and the type of enemy that you are fighting. Unfortunately, my only tip for this one is to keep practicing. I sucked at it, and barely got it to work. But I beat the game and had fun anyway.

And what DaVillain mentioned: focus all of your skills in critical, chain and deflect.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ayanami000

Get it now. I really appreciate the big help thanks a lot.