YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

Amazing little system, Nintendo at its most creatively bold. Hiroshi Yamauchi's belief that the system should be meant for the games shined through in every facet of its design. It was also the final sign that Nintendo had abandoned the arms race in favor of going its own direction. It basically eschewed all the aspects that Sony and MS were going for at the time, and as a result, it was truly different.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#52 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Gamecube is underrated. It's got better graphics than PS2 and the platformers are so much fun.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#53 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

I had one and played Zelda & Metroid that was it. Never used it again sold it to coworker.

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#54 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts

One of my favorite consoles ever. I got mine around the time Resident Evil 4 was about to come out because I really wanted to play that, and of course it was a Gamecube exclusive and never to be released on any other console ever (ha-ha). Then I would get the Mario, Zelda, Metroid games and I looked far and wide for games that were considered 'hidden gems' and built my collection up.

What I've always liked about the console was how easy it was to play 4 player multiplay. In those instances games like Mario Kart and Mario Party really shine.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#55 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Owened it about a year before the Wii came out to collect the resident evil games.

Resident Evil Remake I still think is the best Resident Evil game, a perfect remake of my favourite game in the franchise.

Resident Evil 0, 4 and the disappointing 2,3 ports completed a full resident evil collection at the time (excluding code Veronica)

Eternal Darkness was also pretty good.

Other than that I didn't care much for it, and would never I have bought one if they didn't have those resident evil games.

I was actually resentful they were on the GameCube as it was a lot of money at the time just to play a couple of games.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1054 Posts

Growing up I played on my brothers with smash.

I was jealous when RE4 went to GC only but luckily it came to ps2 so I got to play it in December 2005.

I had no idea how inferior the ps2 port was to the GC original and didn’t until the 360 years when I got re4 used on GC and played on my bros GC. Then I experimented on other legendary games like Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia and Resident Evil remake.

I was wrong to write off the GameCube. I bought a used platinum one and still haven’t played any games besides the ones I played during the 360 era. I learned not to write off a system based on aesthetics/optics. Growing up I thought ps2 was stronger than gc because it was bigger and had bigger discs🥲