Leonard Davis signs with cowboys

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787446

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms on a seven-year, $49.6 million contract with free agent offensive lineman Leonard Davis, the second pick in the 2001 NFL draft who has played the last six seasons for the Arizona Cardinals.

Davis will receive $24 million over the first three years of the contract, and $18.75 million of Davis' contract is guaranteed.

"It's a new chapter in my life," Davis said. "I want to win games, which obviously I haven't been able to do in this part of my career. Right now, all I can do is look forward to being successful. ... I want to be able to have some respect, earn respect."

Davis, 6-feet-6, 366 pounds, is expected to play either right tackle or right guard for the Cowboys, depending on the resolution of contract talks with current Cowboys right tackle Marc Columbo, an unrestricted free agent the Cowboys hope to re-sign.

"It just glares out at you the flexibility his skills give us making what we want to be now and in the future what we want to do in our offensive line," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said.

Davis' contract exceeds the free agent deals of Bills guard Derrick Dockery (7 years, $49 million) and Browns guard Eric Steinbach (7 years, $49.5 million).

Wow, that much gauranteed cash....for leonard davis? 18.75 mil is a too much for him..

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Yeah this happen later yesterday but I don't think he is worth that much. That is how the free agency works now though.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts
That much for Kwame Harris part 2?
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
That much for Kwame Harris part 2?  Renegade_Fury

haha dream on, he isnt as bad as Harris....anyways yeah its too much, but you gotta overpay to pick someone up these days in free agency.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]That much for Kwame Harris part 2?  Espurs117

haha dream on, he isnt as bad as Harris....anyways yeah its too much, but you gotta overpay to pick someone up these days in free agency.

LOL I know no one is bad as Harris and yeah your're right about the overpay, but I don't think it's worth it for a player like Davis.