BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts

This is a great article and definitely worth a read...

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/console-gamers-should-up-their-standards-instead-of-console-warring/

So here is something funny that prompted me to write this article. Yesterday, IGN shared its performance video for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. In that video, IGN showcased the game running consistently below 60fps on both PS5 and Xbox Series X. And instead of focusing on this important aspect, most console gamers – and even “tech enthusiasts” – started console warring.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor Performance Review - PS5 vs PC vs Xbox Series X|S (VIDEO IN ARTICLE)

In the first world area, Coruscant, the PS5 in Performance Mode can even drop to 30fps during some cutscenes. This is abysmal. Again, this should have been the main focus. Because, like it or not, the game is busted ON ALL PLATFORMS. This isn’t a “PC version is busted” situation. Hell, on consoles, the game is rendered at 1152p and then is upscaled via FSR 2.0 (Performance Mode), making it look as blurry as it can get. Ironically, PC gamers can at least remove FSR 2.0 (which doesn’t look good by the way in this title) and render the game at a higher resolution.

Instead, we see numerous people celebrating because the PS5 runs the game slightly better than the Xbox Series X. “Tech enthusiasts” then, for whatever reasons, continue this trend by throwing terminologies, incorrectly, here and there. For instance, some believe that the SSD hardware of the PS5 is the one that benefits Sony’s console in this game. That’s inaccurate. When you’re standing still looking at a wall, the SSD hardware decompressor is doing nothing. The reason PS5 runs better is due to its proprietary graphics/rendering API. And that’s it. From the looks of it, Sony’s API has a lower CPU overhead than the DX12 API (which Xbox Series X uses). This can explain why PS5 runs better than Xbox Series X in CPU-bound scenarios. It’s no magic sauce, no SSD decompression, no SSD I/O. It’s a graphics API that is simply less CPU-hungry.

And then we have the media that for some reason are solely focusing on the PC version. To be clear, I’m not talking about PC-focused gaming websites. But since “Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a mess on PC” is a hot topic, everyone, from gaming websites to YouTube channels, is trying to benefit from it for the clicks. Ironically, the game is also a mess on consoles. Yet the media is solely focusing on PC, making people believe that the console version is fine. No, it’s not. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor runs just as awful on consoles.

What’s also funny is watching people with systems capable of running the game at more than 50fps, refunding the game on PC just so they can get the PS5 or Xbox Series X version. I mean, why? For gaming at similar framerates with a significantly worse image quality? The console versions still have traversal stutters. Why not just lock the PC version at 30fps if you’re going to play the PS5 version in Quality Mode? You can do that with Rivatunner, you know that right?

All in all, console enthusiasts and gamers should really up their standards. In 2023, I thought we were passed the “console war” thing. However, people just seem to prefer making their favourite platform sound better. Imagine if we were like “The game is fine, it can run with constant 60fps on our PC system. PC gaming FTW, the only platform that can give you constant 60fps.” I mean, we could do that as we have the following video with graphs that shows the game running with constant 60fps in the Koboh Outpost. And currently, there is no other platform that offers 60fps than high-end PCs. It’s possible.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Koboh Outpost running with constant 60fps - Native 4K/Epic Settings/No RT (VIDEO IN ARTICLE)

Here is the key difference, though. We are not blind fanboys or delusional. We know that the Ryzen 9 7950X3D is simply brute forcing its way here. The game should be running better on older CPUs, it doesn’t justify its huge CPU requirements. This isn’t a new “Crysis” game. This applies to both consoles and PC. If the game had visuals and physics similar to The Matrix Tech Demo, then we wouldn’t be complaining. This is nowhere close to what a current-gen game should look like. Seriously, take a look at the following screenshot. I can easily name numerous old-gen games that look and run better than this.

So, instead of praising your favourite console, do yourselves a favour and start demanding more polished titles. There is a big difference between a game pushing current-gen platforms, and a game running awful due to optimization issues. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor runs and looks bad on consoles too. Even in Quality Mode, PS5 and Xbox Series X render it at 1440p. And no, the game’s issues are not exclusive to the PC version.

Up your standards and demand more from developers. We should not be supporting broken and unfinished games. Bragging about which console is less shit is just silly.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39706 Posts

Warring is way more fun, especially when i couldn't care less about the game itself.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

PC gamers don’t really understand console gamers at all. Vast majority of console gamers aren’t wondering how many FPS something is or how many gigaflops is the system. They just enjoy good games. If you look at PS5 games, they look incredible. No need for $10,000 PC.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Good job justifying your 10k PC you use to pirate Nintendo games.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts

Well, of course because console gamers have no standards. Why do you think devs get away with 720p exclusive* in 2023. They have never seen quality so they don't even know what's better. If it wasn't for PC gaming no one would be bothered to ask for quality and console gaming would be in a gutter.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows don't care about a games performance,as long as the lazy Devs haven't used Xbox s power advantage they are happy

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Console gamers that spend $4-500 on a console that runs games better than a PC costing 3x as much is kinda awesome. But I don't think console gamers really care about PC at all. PC is a Frankenstein console. It can be literally any config that'll run windows. There will always be a PC out there better than the one you own and always be one worse. Games will play better on PC and also play the worst. Until PC gets standardized, there's no way to compare it to a console accurately. As someone who values my money spent, I'm glad my PS5 is running games better or on par with high end PCs 😂

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Console gamers that spend $4-500 on a console that runs games better than a PC costing 3x as much is kinda awesome.

A very very small number of games, which usually get fixed.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4275 Posts

Not all console games are bad, but more and more the PC and other medias are becoming/are more superior.

Something to keep in mind if you think consoles are everything.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Only thing you can do is not buy it at launch and make a lot of noise.

We have eyes, and can tell an unfinished game when we see it. Jedi Survivor was made pretty quickly over ~3 years. It's a beta release and that is not debatable; minimum viable product for $70.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16605 Posts

The most important part I read from that article is ps5 using proprietary API with less cpu overhead than the Xbox dx12 api.

It's just as I said, the truth is pretty funny ain't it? The cows were hyping up some magic sauce ssd but the truth is much sadder.

It's like I said, only first party MS devs have the ability to max out the full potential of 12 tflop Xbox. 3rd party devs are using the base dx12 api that's shared between pc.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts
@mesome713 said:

@simple-facts said:

Cows don't care about a games performance,as long as the lazy Devs haven't used Xbox s power advantage they are happy

Lol @ both. So true.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Can't expect miracles from $500 machines. As long as the resolution is 1080p and the frame rate at least a stable 30fps, console gamers shouldn't complain. Anything above that is just a bonus.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

PC gamers: Up your standarz console guys

Also PC gamers after console exclusives with overall GOTY & best graphics of the year

PC Gamers:I'll just wait a couple years and I'll be able to play those amazing games too.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58509 Posts

I didn't read the article (I will later, thanks for posting it!), but in general I agree.

Some expectations/demands/entitlements I think we should all rally behind:

• Crossplay whenever possible. I don't know why this isn't more common, but it's so nice when it is available. Publishers and developers should work to unify the gaming community, not keep it separate. And for those that say it's new or too difficult, we've had crossplay since early 2000's with the Shadowrun FPS game (if not earlier than that).
  • Functional games on release. I think gamers should learn to stop pre-ordering, but as that is too big of an ask, I think we need to set expectations higher for publishers and developers. And honestly, I'm willing to meet halfway with developers; if they want to release the title as "early access", so be it, I'm OK with that. But don't sell me a game for 70+ dollars that doesn't work well.
  • No more anti-piracy measures. These do next to nothing to combat actual piracy, and only serve to inconvenience the legitimate customer.
  • If multiplatform, develop for PC, then port to console. From what I've read this is the ideal way to do it as porting to console is relatively easy due to the uniformity of hardware, while PC tends to have a lot of different configurations. As a result, it makes sense to iron out the problems on PC first then port to consoles. Of course this is why we have problems now, because they got the console version done but are having trouble with PC, I get it, but it's not a legit excuse.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

As long as I get an enjoyable experience, which is entirely subjective of course, then I’m satisfied. I know what I should be expecting from a console at a given price point. My expectations for gaming on a $300 system is different then a $500 system and also different then a system that is $1000+.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70407 Posts

Shouldn't this be "Gamers should up their standards"? Despite absolutely crapping versions coming to PC, PC gamers are still buying up these games. So, it is kind of odd to be specifically calling out console gamers. This is a problem for everyone but more specifically for triple A games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro
@mrbojangles25 said:

I didn't read the article (I will later, thanks for posting it!), but in general I agree.

• If multiplatform, develop for PC, then port to console. From what I've read this is the ideal way to do it as porting to console is relatively easy due to the uniformity of hardware, while PC tends to have a lot of different configurations. As a result, it makes sense to iron out the problems on PC first then port to consoles. Of course this is why we have problems now, because they got the console version done but are having trouble with PC, I get it, but it's not a legit excuse.

That is not true. Each platform needs specific attention. Cyberpunk is a perfect example of that method not working. In order for a game to perform well on all platforms the meaningful QA must be performed. What is happening is that games are being released prematurely.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BassMan
@above_average said:

PC gamers: Up your standarz console guys

Also PC gamers after console exclusives with overall GOTY & best graphics of the year

PC Gamers:I'll just wait a couple years and I'll be able to play those amazing games too.

I got a PS5 at launch and I could easily play any game, but I will wait for the superior versions on PC. I am still waiting for Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Forbidden West, and Demon's Souls. I would have preferred to play God of War Ragnarok on PC, but I gave in and played it on PS5 because it is one of my favourite franchises. I didn't want to wait, especially since I do not know the ETA for the PC version. Anyway, as I said since before this console gen started, the console specs are decent as opposed to last-gen where they were shit. That Jaguar CPU was a disaster.

These consoles are still shit for more advanced features like RT, but they are decent for basic rasterization performance. Obviously, a high end PC will run circles around them when a game is not broken and properly optimized. That is the issue here.... so many broken games. This shit is unnacceptable. These devs are working with set specs for the consoles and still these games have serious issues. Publishers need to stop rushing games out the door and release them when they are actually done.

Things are only going to get worse with the true next-gen games that are using advanced features in Unreal Engine 5 and other engines. These consoles will not age well and the PS5 Pro and XSX Elite or whatever can not come soon enough.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BassMan

@Pedro said:

Shouldn't this be "Gamers should up their standards"? Despite absolutely crapping versions coming to PC, PC gamers are still buying up these games. So, it is kind of odd to be specifically calling out console gamers. This is a problem for everyone but more specifically for triple A games.

Console gamers are a lot more tolerant and have lower standards. PC gamers are already in uproar and that is why the PC version of the game got the most negative attention.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1650 Posts

@mesome713 said:

10K PC to run Nintendo games? Steam Deck does it easy for $400

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1281 Posts

We only tend to see warring cos it's the focal minority doing it. Majority of gamers don't care about this system wars BS.

On topic: their standards upped during these past gens. Performance modes, crossplay, having games delisted on online stores... These are signs that they do care about quality. Could they up their standards more? Sure. But a dev can only do so much on weak hardware such as consoles.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1281 Posts

We only tend to see warring cos it's the vocal minority doing it. Majority of gamers don't care about this system wars BS.

On topic: their standards upped during these past gens. Performance modes, crossplay, having games delisted on online stores... These are signs that they do care about quality. Could they up their standards more? Sure. But a dev can only do so much on weak hardware such as consoles.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@BassMan said:

Console gamers are a lot more tolerant and have lower standards. PC gamers are already in uproar and that is why the PC version of the game got the most negative attention.

That can be argued as false. Most PC gamers are not gaming on high spec systems or specs focused. A loud online minority is not a reflection of PC gamers. Most gamers are casual gamers whether it be PC, console or mobile. Gamers who frequent forums and keep up to date with gaming news are a small; in comparison to the actual gaming market. Too often this group thinks they are the voice of the majority when they are not.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@pclover1980 said:

We only tend to see warring cos it's the vocal minority doing it. Majority of gamers don't care about this system wars BS.

Exactomundo.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts
@simple-facts said:

This narrative died. Still in denial 😂 As it stands, PS5 runs multiplats better and is the more well rounded machine. Take the L and move on, better luck next gen. Better yet, continue the narrative and look like buffoons. You'll just get laughed at.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

That can be argued as false. Most PC gamers are not gaming on high spec systems or specs focused. A loud online minority is not a reflection of PC gamers. Most gamers are casual gamers whether it be PC, console or mobile. Gamers who frequent forums and keep up to date with gaming news are a small; in comparison to the actual gaming market. Too often this group thinks they are the voice of the majority when they are not.

I never said anything about majority. I agree that most people don't care and have low standards. That is why mobile gaming is so huge. Fucking casuals. LOL

However, for the people who do care about quality, the PC crowd is a lot more demanding and has higher standards. Since we are posting on a core gamer forum, we go by those viewpoints.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pedro
@BassMan said:

I never said anything about majority. I agree that most people don't care and have low standards. That is why mobile gaming is so huge. Fucking casuals. LOL

However, for the people who do care about quality, the PC crowd is a lot more demanding and has higher standards. Since we are posting on a core gamer forum, we go by those viewpoints.

You are making a generalized statement and generalize statement typically favors the majority.🙃

Who is the PC crowd? The folks that play Counterstrike, DOTA2, APEX, PUBG etc? Since you mentioned we are posting on a core gamer forum, the general consensus on this forum is in favor for better performance and stability based on many polls. Besides, quality in games have proven to be a very subjective topic even on gamers from the same preferred platform.

EDIT: I have seen on here and other online outlets PC gamers arguing with consoles gamers along the lines "The game will be patched and the PC would perform better than the console version."

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

What kills me is the pre-order culture. That's where gamers as a whole need to have higher standards. I get it, games are relatively cheap forms of entertainment, but there is literally no incentive for a publisher to improve; it's the opposite. We are incentivizing these upper mgmt to just squirt out broken games asap.

Idk what other way there is to tell these upper mgmt that we want them to do better. Don't pre-order, and if the game has problems at launch don't buy it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BassMan

@pyro1245 said:
@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

What kills me is the pre-order culture. That's where gamers as a whole need to have higher standards. I get it, games are relatively cheap forms of entertainment, but there is literally no incentive for a publisher to improve; it's the opposite. We are incentivizing these upper mgmt to just squirt out broken games asap.

Idk what other way there is to tell these upper mgmt that we want them to do better. Don't pre-order, and if the game has problems at launch don't buy it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

So he hears some PC gamers decided to get it on console so he throws mud at console gamers for the behavior of PC gamers. 🤣 He should go whine to his master race brethren, tell them that he finds their lack of faith disturbing.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6722 Posts

Well this thread is pointless. A hermit (with an inferiority complex) is arguing that console gamers shouldn't argue about bad versions of their game while their version of the game (by all reports) is currently the worst lol.

This is a case of no one should be buying it until its fixed.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BassMan
@last_lap said:

Well this thread is pointless. A hermit (with an inferiority complex) is arguing that console gamers shouldn't argue about bad versions of their game while their version of the game (by all reports) is currently the worst lol.

This is a case of no one should be buying it until its fixed.

If you read the article, you would see that the PC version is superior in many ways. However, the point of the article is that we are all losers when it comes to broken games like this. There is no point in trying to compare them and claim a winner when they are all bad. The focus should be that this type of release is unacceptable and people need to raise their standards and hold companies accountable.

I see they gave you a break from the farm...

IP_daily
IP_daily
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap

@BassMan: So you're saying that console gamers shouldn't be arguing over which shitty version is better (the exact same thing I said days ago in that cows thread) and yet you're arguing to me that the PC's shitty version is better.

Way to destroy yourself in your own thread lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Well this thread sure went down in a flaming ball of hypocrisy. 😂

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4275 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@BassMan said:
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

I understand what you‘re saying, and I agree, but speaking about myself, some people preorder because they feel a sense of securing a game that they almost know they certainly want/will enjoy. I haven’t preordered in the past 15 years or so.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BassMan
@last_lap said:

@BassMan: So you're saying that console gamers shouldn't be arguing over which shitty version is better (the exact same thing I said days ago in that cows thread) and yet you're arguing to me that the PC's shitty version is better.

Way to destroy yourself in your own thread lol.

No, I was replying to your statement saying that the PC version was the worst. I don't care if the PC version is the best or not when it is still shit. There are no bragging rights. None of the versions are worth playing.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@BassMan: I said from reports, and then you obviously took offense to that and tried to argue (the very thing your thread is so called against) by saying the PC version was better. You literally destroyed your own argument.

Hypocrisy at its finest lol.

Save the nice try gif for yourself. Its all there for eveyone to see.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BassMan

@last_lap said:

@BassMan: I said from reports, and then you obviously took offense to that and tried to argue (the very thing your thread is so called against) by saying the PC version was better. You literally destroyed your own argument.

Hypocrisy at its finest lol.

Save the nice try gif for yourself. Its all there for eveyone to see.

Exactly, it is all there for everybody to see. I simply defended the PC version and immediately said it didn't matter....

"If you read the article, you would see that the PC version is superior in many ways. However, the point of the article is that we are all losers when it comes to broken games like this. There is no point in trying to compare them and claim a winner when they are all bad."

Try to spin it however you like if it makes you moist though.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Last_Lap

@BassMan: Oh I get you were "defending" the PC version, and yet you blame console goers for "defending" their versions, when all versions suck, but, but my PC plays it a littler better, hypocrisy at its worst.

And if it didn't matter, then why say it in the first place?

I've said it in 2 threads now, defending any broken version is stupid, and i've always said comparison videos threads are stupid from the get go.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Pretending PC gamers have standards. I think it's actually worse with them.

It's what this industry has been for years now. It's cancerous. Shit doesn't happen with movies. One of the reasons its the better medium.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BassMan
@last_lap said:

@BassMan: Oh I get you were "defending" the PC version, and yet you blame console goers for "defending" their versions, when all versions suck, but, but my PC plays it a littler better, hypocrisy at its worst.

And if it didn't matter, then why say it in the first place?

I've said it in 2 threads now, defending any broken version is stupid, and i've always said comparison videos threads are stupid from the get go.

The only thing that mattered to me was putting you in your place when you came into the thread talking shit.

Console goers are doing more than defending their versions. They are trying to claim victories and bragging rights, which is just silly. Anyway, we are in agreement that the game is shit on all platforms. Let's leave it at that.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Last_Lap

@BassMan: Nah, you don't get to take a shot and then say let's leave it at that lol.

You got put in your place, that much is clear, and here you are still complaining about console goers like no one on PC would dare buy it because they have "higher standards"

Ok, now i'm done here bassman as your hypocrisy has been laid bare. I will leave you with the last word, hopefully you use your "higher standards" to spin it in a clever way.

PS...that might be my new sig. You've been bested by a console goer, has a nice ring to it 🤣

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BassMan

@last_lap:

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By above_average

Aren't PC gamers the one's who made the buggy, jank, low quality, PS3 graphics PUBG famous and earned the studio 100's of millions of dollars as if the game was actually a highly polished AAA quality title?

lol @ PC gamers "higher standards"

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 874 Posts

I am a PC gamer, but I don’t really care much about CPU/GPU performance. Instead of focusing on high performance desktops, I prefer PCs with the Nintendo Switch hybrid form factor because it’s so versatile (handheld mode and docked mode). From here onwards, all of my future gaming PCs will either be Valve Steam Decks or some other handheld PC such as Asus ROG Ally. If I have to sacrifice performance for portability, so be it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BassMan
@above_average said:

Aren't PC gamers the one's who made the buggy, jank, low quality, PS3 graphics PUBG famous and earned the studio 100's of millions of dollars as if the game was actually a highly polished AAA quality title?

Yes, the same PUBG that console peasants were begging for, but looked and ran like shit on the consoles. The same PUBG that went on to be one of the top 5 best selling games of all time and solidified the Battle Royale genre as the most popular shooter genre ever. The same PUBG that inspired some of the other mega hits like Fortnite, Apex Legends, and COD Warzone. Speaking of COD... where did that come from? PC. Where did FPS games in general come from? What a surprise... PC again. What are games developed on? Oh my, who would have guessed?... PC!

You're welcome.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By above_average
@BassMan said:
@above_average said:

Yes, the same PUBG that console peasants were begging for, but looked and ran like shit on the consoles. The same PUBG that went on to be one of the top 5 best selling games of all time and solidified the Battle Royale genre as the most popular shooter genre ever. The same PUBG that inspired some of the other mega hits like Fortnite and Apex Legends, COD Warzone. Speaking of COD... where did that come from? PC. Where did FPS games in general come from? What a surprise... PC again. What are games developed on? Oh my, who would have guessed?... PC!

You're welcome.

😂 Yes, I already went over that, because you PC dudes have low standards and all jumped in to make the low quality POS game a mega success. Regardless of what came after PUBG itself was a low quality POS.

The only other people who went crazy for it on the console side were Xboys who have lowest standards in all of gaming. So, congratulations on having the same standards as xboys if you feel proud.

You are the one talking about getting standards up, I'm just pointing out PC gamers have bottom of the barrel standards and you're here trying to defend that dumpsterfire but thank for confirming what I already said.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BassMan

@above_average: Try to spin it however you like, but the games that you like to play on console are better on PC. PC offers the highest standards of quality. This is fact. People like myself do not buy 4090s to get the basic bitch experience that you get on console. We want the best.