Consoles may not be as powerful as we were led to believe...

• 95 results
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@Pedro said:

@lundy86_4: Good to know.

I was wrong, he just did the ol' flip-flop. Worked the first few times.

@ProtossRushX said:

@lundy86_4: bro im not backing sony right now im a nintendo guy yeah didn't agree with sony putting that label on there I don't back sony anymore.

Righto. Shocking twist...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70408 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Oh yeah? Well technically I can mod a console to be greater then any PC ever created. Who’s laughing now smarty pants?

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Spiderman:mm and demon souls are graphics kings. When the new GOW and horizon come out they’ll surpass anything pc is doing.

Whats the point of having all that horsepower if you don’t have games to utilize it.

You going to play league of legends? Pretty much a flash game, fortnite? Hearthstone? Maybe your favorite pryamid scam

Game, Scam citizen.

Lol nerds!

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@Pedro said:

Lighting definitely makes a difference in way a game looks but he was full of shit in that video.

Pedro you were one of the lems who said Halo Infinite gameplay reveal looked great. We showed the picture of Craig and you said "What? It doesn't looks bad" you said Halo Inf looked fine. Not us you did.

Pedro asked Halo fans who were critical of Infinite's art style "Why whats wrong with this?

Well Pedro you lem shill let me tell you whats wrong with you un Halo fan blind dolt.

I said the brutes don't look good the one on top of like a fat alien megaman WTF how do you look at these pedro and don't say anything wrong I just understand....can xbox guys and lems and pedro tell us why these look good like they did during the reveal?

This is Brute from bungie.

Quiet, shill.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

The RTX 2060 Super being able to keep up with the PS5 and Xbox Series X is even more of an eye opener. Sony and Microsoft will have to hope that ray tracing doesn't play a role in a lot of games this generation as the 2060 Super easily outperforms them in that and it isn't that far behind them in rasterization either. Doesn't help that the 2060 Super can use DLSS to give itself a performance boost.

Yeah I was surprised by the developer basically saying that a nearly 2 year old mid-range card can keep up with it. By the time the PS5 really kicks into gear (developers pushing the hardware, new game engines in full blown effect) 2060S level hardware will probably be closer to low-end then high-end by then

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

@ProtossRushX:

Woah, looks like I hurt your feelings. Ease up little guy, I just said I find my gaming experience fun and comfortable on a console and don’t feel the need to switch because something is “more powerful”.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

@ProtossRushX:

Woah, looks like I hurt your feelings. Ease up little guy, I just said I find my gaming experience fun and comfortable on a console and don’t feel the need to switch because something is “more powerful”.

You were saying that you'd be fine playing Sim City on Console Diablo 1 console Doom on console when they look and ran like complete ass on consoles compared to computers. Why shouldn't people question you?

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RatchetClank92

@ProtossRushX:

If calling me an idiot is questioning me then you really have to work on your tact. And yes I do prefer Diablo 1 on PS1 to PC, I just prefer console controllers and a tv screen to a computer screen and keyboard/mouse. Graphics have never been a “make it or break it” feature for me either.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

@ProtossRushX:

If calling me an idiot is questioning me then you really have to work on your tact. And yes I do prefer Diablo 1 on PS1 to PC, I just prefer console controllers and a tv screen to a computer screen and keyboard/mouse. Graphics have never been a “make it or break it” feature for me either.

I played both I had Diablo 1 on PC at it came over a year earlier on my PC i had the demo disc I had the game. PS1 didn't get for a year after and it looked and ran like crap. It didn't have battle.net on PS1 it had it on PC. You could play online with another person in the games. PS1 version was garbage i played it my friend i was like I can't play this with a controller and it looked horrible and it played horrible on PC looks great and plays great.

The Screen brightness looked like pitch black on PS1 with Diablo, it was bright as fk on PC. OMG man just plz.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Epic showed us what's possible this gen with UE5...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39707 Posts

@louixiii said:

In 30fps

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RatchetClank92

@ProtossRushX: I’ll be sure to consult you the next time I think about having my own opinion on any give subject, so you can give me the correct one....

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

Alpha rendering that a dev had to point out ?

Nah.. thats not more important than having pretty much the same resolution yet better colors(hdr) in 60 fps.

I'll take the greater portion of leaders in aaa production , animations and so forth over a guaranteed 120 fps experience.

Even when it ain't exclusive the chances of a aaa game releasing on console 1st is always better.

My future pc will play the few games that really benefit from it months later as a secondary option. Believe it or not I like 120 fps too.

Hzd alone showed people that technical visuals dont trump actuall visuals. In a year or 2 there will be a ps5 exclusive that does the same.

That last minute ray tracing won't save you herms like it did late last gen. Since PS5 has it too now.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Livecommander

@xantufrog: you see how eoton thought you were serious after that obvious sarcastic remark ?

Thats that same herm mindset you and ya boys had the other day thread lol

Now if only yall realized yall own exxagerated remarks yall would realize I was dumming down to yall level just with some true spice on it

Oh and thanks if it just just a funny joke yall felt like repeating. I had myself laughing that day too lol

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@xantufrog: you see how eoton thought you were serious after that obvious sarcastic remark ?

Now if only yall realized yall own exxagerated remarks yall would realize I was dumming down to yall level just with some true spice on it

Oh and thanks if it just just a funny joke yall felt like repeating. I had myself laughing that day too lol

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Alex lost his credibility since claiming halo infinite looked bad because of mere light.

Don't worry, as long as the PS5 and XBSX have the right shadows, then it will look as good as the PC.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Consoles are a joke to me tbh nowadays

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

@hardwenzen: So we can all dream about playing games in 8K on the PS5. Ain't gonna happen though, unless the game is Pong in potato mode.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@Livecommander said:

Alpha rendering that a dev had to point out ?

Nah.. thats not more important than having pretty much the same resolution yet better colors(hdr) in 60 fps.

I'll take the greater portion of leaders in aaa production , animations and so forth over a guaranteed 120 fps experience.

Even when it ain't exclusive the chances of a aaa game releasing on console 1st is always better.

My future pc will play the few games that really benefit from it months later as a secondary option. Believe it or not I like 120 fps too.

Hzd alone showed people that technical visuals dont trump actuall visuals. In a year or 2 there will be a ps5 exclusive that does the same.

That last minute ray tracing won't save you herms like it did late last gen. Since PS5 has it too now.

Sure.. at 900p. 🤣

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#71 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Livecommander said:

It's not hard to think it was serious though. I hear dumb shit like that from console fanboys on here more often than I would like.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#72 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts

Power of the cloud! LOL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@Pedro said:

Lighting definitely makes a difference in way a game looks but he was full of shit in that video.

Pedro you were one of the lems who said Halo Infinite gameplay reveal looked great. We showed the picture of Craig and you said "What? It doesn't looks bad" you said Halo Inf looked fine. Not us you did.

Pedro asked Halo fans who were critical of Infinite's art style "Why whats wrong with this?

Well Pedro you lem shill let me tell you whats wrong with you un Halo fan blind dolt.

I said the brutes don't look good the one on top of like a fat alien megaman WTF how do you look at these pedro and don't say anything wrong I just understand....can xbox guys and lems and pedro tell us why these look good like they did during the reveal?

Quiet, shill.

I just couldn't resist😂🤣

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11816 Posts
@mastershake575 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

The RTX 2060 Super being able to keep up with the PS5 and Xbox Series X is even more of an eye opener. Sony and Microsoft will have to hope that ray tracing doesn't play a role in a lot of games this generation as the 2060 Super easily outperforms them in that and it isn't that far behind them in rasterization either. Doesn't help that the 2060 Super can use DLSS to give itself a performance boost.

Yeah I was surprised by the developer basically saying that a nearly 2 year old mid-range card can keep up with it. By the time the PS5 really kicks into gear (developers pushing the hardware, new game engines in full blown effect) 2060S level hardware will probably be closer to low-end then high-end by then

Well the 2060 Super is about 20% slower in rasterization it makes sense that it can play the game at the same settings but with about 10-20 less FPS. I imagine the 2060 Super will be low end this year anyway once it's Ampere equivalent comes out which is probably the RTX 3050.

You also are assuming that what ever devs do to push the hardware on the PS5 can't also be done on the 2060 Super.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@louixiii said:

In 30fps

At sub1440p that also performed worse that an almost 1.5ish year old laptop.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@eoten said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

A $2000 PC might be a bit more powerful than a $400 console? In other news water is wet.

The fact that it's close enough to have you herms squirming is hilarious.

No, more like a console you are going to pay over $800 for if you want online services included will be far outclassed by an $800 PC.

"Over time" it will be. Up front cost will be like a little over 600 if you get the 500 dollar ps5 with a 1 yr subscription to ps plus + taxes.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:

js

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@eoten said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

A $2000 PC might be a bit more powerful than a $400 console? In other news water is wet.

No, more like a console you are going to pay over $800 for if you want online services included will be far outclassed by an $800 PC.

$800? A 3070 is $500+ alone if you can find one. Try again, bud.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@sealionact: I've encountered a ton of cheaters of consoles

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Eoten

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@eoten said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It doesn't take a 3070 to kick a PS5's ass.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@thehig1: No you haven't. Unless they were pc players using crossplay.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Eoten

There's cheating on consoles. There are ways to crack consoles and play games illegitimately and run hacks. It's not as common and there is clearly a larger financial incentive against it because if you get caught, your whole console gets banned vs just having to buy the game under another account on PC (or just create a new account if it's some F2P trash like Forknife or ApeX.) PC will naturally have more cheaters for that, and because it's much easier.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@eoten: You can’t compare the two. Yes, you can use a lag switch for a while but it won’t last long. There will always be people looking for a way to cheat, and I’m sure there are some on console but as you say it just isn’t worth it because you stand to lose too much.

If you want to cheat, you’ll buy a pc. There’s a huge industry in supplying hacks, and there’s literally multi million counts of people who use cheats. Even if they get caught or banned, it’s too easy to get around them.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Livecommander

@jasonofa36: so out of all of my years here I all of sudden gonna use being able to mod a console as serious ammo ?

Smh.. And then yall get senstive when I call yall dum lol

Yall act like yall never put yall elbows on the table whenever somin insults in raw way instead of the slick way all the time.

Give it up. Memes not gonna save yall from not being able the take same dum logics yall subtly dish out here and there.

Like I said when i frequently visit this site on my desktops minds will be open. (Stop feeling offend its my lingo )

Why would I be on site if I truly thought i was better than everybody ?

Yall taking what yall can spin against me because yall know that all of my main points were irrefutable.

And that's ok because this place does have to continue lol

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Livecommander

@eoten: you should know Xfrog enough to know he wouldn't seriously say that.

I alone have read threads with the both of you interacting so you should have more than enough context to know he was joking.

But then again this is the same forum that thought I was talking about a actually start menu inventory when talking about what the last gpus can truly do once truly focused on

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

What's sad is that even though most PC players cheat they still suck. I love padding my Cold War stats against PC scrubs in crossplay.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#88 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

"Consoles may not be as powerful as we were led to believe..."

Of course they're not. They are essentially underpowered PCs with an embedded operating system.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@sealionact: GTA 5 has had its fair share on cheaters on console.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#90  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I'm still impressed with the games 8th gen consoles can handle, let alone the graphics these much more powerful ones will be able to show through the next years.

I'm pretty sure that money can buy better PCs, but why would a console gamer care? We should be glad that 60fps are getting standard on consoles, especially with the insane graphics we are already used to have.

RDNAv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RDNAv2
Member since 2019 • 230 Posts

Alex is a fanboy

Linneman and Leadbetter >

RDNAv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RDNAv2
Member since 2019 • 230 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@eoten said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Up to $710 and that’s directly from bestbuy.com

$750+ after taxes

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@rdnav2 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

$750+ after taxes

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

They aren’t doing anything more than what PCs have been doing for 4/5 years

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

What's sad is that even though most PC players cheat they still suck. I love padding my Cold War stats against PC scrubs in crossplay.

I haven't cheated since the Konami code. And you can't beat Contra without it, it's not possible I tried.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Eoten

@lundy86_4 said:
@rdnav2 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

$750+ after taxes

That's console's "optimizations" for you. It may run at 4K, but it ain't running much detail at 4K. Oh wait. Render resolution is 1440P, so it's not even 4K either.