texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14944 Posts

And people just do not want to admit it, especially after 2.0. The truth is 2.0 not only addressed the problem with aspects of CP2077, it shows how flawed TW3's gameplay actually was, because it had the same flaws as CP2077 did with how it handled RPG elements.

And the storytelling of CP2077 as a whole is stronger and more thoughtful than TW3, which had a good story, but with issues how it handled choice, as well as some subplots. It doesn't have easy storytelling with simple antagonists, and it doesn't play it safe with its plot elements, unlike TW3. The side stories are far braver and more unique as well. And CP2077 actually doesn't show that you are making a choice or experiencing a consequence when you actually are, the most subtle RPG in this regard. TW3 is haphazard in this at points.

Greater customization, more choice in how to solve problems, and even better worldbuilding. CP2077 is better than TW3 in these regards

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I haven't played cyberpunk but I can tell I would love it. I beat the Witcher 3 like 3 times and still want to play it. For me personally I prefer the Witcher 3 because of the setting and the sword gameplay over a shooter.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39707 Posts

Played tw3 for over 100h, but never beat it cuz i was too busy doing random side shit, and then Fallout 4 came out, and i abandoned the game for it😑Then again, outside of its visuals, art direction, story/writing and characters, the game was nothing worth talking about.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#4 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19682 Posts

The Witcher 3 was overrated to begin with and doesn't deserve such a high reputation... Yet on the other hand, Cyberpunk 2077 is underrated and doesn't deserve such a low reputation. The irony.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

The Witcher 3 was overrated to begin with and doesn't deserve such a high reputation... Yet on the other hand, Cyberpunk 2077 is underrated and doesn't deserve such a low reputation. The irony.

It gets credit for how it handles side quests, raising the bar for others in the industry.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

I like them both and have been enjoying them equally. I'm replaying Witcher 3 as we speak and going on my 6th play too.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1281 Posts

They're both alright games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Haven’t played Cyberpunk 2077 yet but I played through The Witcher 3 plus all its dlc and loved it. Excellent game.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I haven't played the latest cyberpunk update but it would have to do a lot of heavy lifting to bridge the gap between the two games for me.

The Witcher 3 just had such a memorable world with so many great quest lines and characters. Gameplay isn't really a big strength of either one to be honest so I think cyberpunk 's definitely has the potential to be better. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses Witcher 3's with the latest update. Cyberpunk 's world just felt kind of dead to me and from what I've seen in the new update it doesn't really look that much different

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

I haven't played the latest cyberpunk update but it would have to do a lot of heavy lifting to bridge the gap between the two games for me.

The Witcher 3 just had such a memorable world with so many great quest lines and characters. Gameplay isn't really a big strength of either one to be honest so I think cyberpunk 's definitely has the potential to be better. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses Witcher 3's with the latest update. Cyberpunk 's world just felt kind of dead to me and from what I've seen in the new update it doesn't really look that much different

You should try the expansion area. It feels way more alive than the base game. I was running around outside trying to get into a building, and a flying ship made this huge echoing engine noise and then an explosion occurred, and I saw an aerial vehicle clashing with another in the sky and crashing into the ground. Didn't get a quest or anything for it either, so I assume it was just a random thing that happens. Personally, it was one of the cooler immersion moments I've seen in any video game.

Also, now people will try to hijack cars and you'll see random NPCs in vehicles chasing each other around in firefights.

They really upped the ante with this expansion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 texasgoldrush

@with_teeth26 said:

I think CP2077 has better quest lines and characters and Phantom does a great job reinforcing this.

It never takes the easy way with almost all of its characters. TW3 I think, does many times.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2154 Posts

I never had soo much fun throwing knives at people or freaking hachets. I'm running a mantis knife throwing bulid, no guns unless it's a sniper rifle.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@davillain said:

I like them both and have been enjoying them equally. I'm replaying Witcher 3 as we speak and going on my 6th play too.

Do you play all the DLC as well?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3507 Posts

They're both great games.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6205 Posts

Looking forward to getting back to this once I've had enough of Starfield.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14019 Posts

Not much of a boast, really.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9900 Posts

I haven’t played 2.0 yet, stuck on Starfield. But imo it is pretty difficult to compare TW3 and CP2077 as they are as different as two RPG:s can be. I love both to death and I’m happy CDPR is capable of pursuing two so different franchises.

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@with_teeth26 said:

You should try the expansion area. It feels way more alive than the base game. I was running around outside trying to get into a building, and a flying ship made this huge echoing engine noise and then an explosion occurred, and I saw an aerial vehicle clashing with another in the sky and crashing into the ground. Didn't get a quest or anything for it either, so I assume it was just a random thing that happens. Personally, it was one of the cooler immersion moments I've seen in any video game.

Also, now people will try to hijack cars and you'll see random NPCs in vehicles chasing each other around in firefights.

They really upped the ante with this expansion.

Wow, that sounds amazing!

Actually, one thing in Starfield that never gets old is seeing spaceships landing and taking off at outposts/settlements.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

It's in my backlog on ps5 but to beat Witcher 3 it has to be on another level. The Witcher 3 was epic in every way.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1411 Posts

i enjoyed them both,crazy i know,but hey there you go.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

This a very bold claim. I shall play cp2077 and find out. I doubt it though because even games like tears aren’t as good as tw3.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

TW3 Bloody Baron quest and Hearts of Stone are still the pinnacle of CDPR writing.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 texasgoldrush

@miquella said:

TW3 Bloody Baron quest and Hearts of Stone are still the pinnacle of CDPR writing.

Hearts of Stone yes, but Bloody Baron tells more than shows (which is why I find Scenes From a Marriage in HoS better)

CP2077 overall is better written than TW3.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 texasgoldrush

@tjandmia said:

This a very bold claim. I shall play cp2077 and find out. I doubt it though because even games like tears aren’t as good as tw3.

CP2077 has better gameplay, especially after 2.0, which fixes the problems of gameplay elements of CP2077 that carried over from TW3.

It is not a bold claim, gamers just don't want to look at things. Its like how people think Mass Effect 2 is better than Mass Effect 3 despite ME3 being so much better at many things than ME2.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts
@texasgoldrush said:

And people just do not want to admit it

Which people and where?

Is there parade in honor of Witcher 3 going on somewhere? Did someone fly a plane over your house that says "Witcher 3 good CP2077 sux lol?" Which recent forum post opened on an extensive and well developed thread about why Witcher 3 is better? Which video essay is comparing the two in extensive detail as of this build?

Please demonstrate "people."

Strawman aside it's probably fair to argue it is better now but it's also almost 7 years after the last Witcher 3 expansion and they've basically been working on it nonstop since with the inclusion of a trash launch that they had to redeem themselves for.

If it's better, it's probably because it damn well should be.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen

Wish you could change V's voice. If you could, maybe it'd give the game a second shot, but i simply cannot endure their voice, be it male or female. They sound like some fking wannabe teenage gangers or something. Disgusting.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 281 Posts

Two depressing dystopian worlds are neither better or worse than one another. Geralt is a better character than V or Johnny. The quests are better in Witcher 3 than Cyberpunk.

To summarize, you're wrong.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34776 Posts

That doesn't say much.

Since the gameplay is bad in both, I'd rather play W3. Cooler universe.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25064 Posts

@Litchie said:

That doesn't say much.

gameplay is bad in every RPG.

Cyberpunk have better universe though. remind of Deus Ex.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59333 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

That doesn't say much.

Go play UnderRail.

Stop this nonsense.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

That doesn't say much.

Go play UnderRail.

Stop this nonsense.

nope. not interested.

RPG means gameplay is bad thus its bad.

not a single RPG I played having a good gameplay and even Deus Ex my fav game doesnot have compelling gameplay mechanics but its just deep and immersive.

you cant except Max Payne or FEAR level of gameplay in any RPG game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34776 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

That doesn't say much.

Go play UnderRail.

Stop this nonsense.

lol fine, geez.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Elden Ring, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1, Dark SOuls 2, Dark Souls 3, Baldurs Gate 3, Diablo 2, Dragon Age Origins, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Final Fantasy 16

There are many RPGs with excellent gameplay. Just not Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, Cyberjunk, Starfield or The Witcher 3.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mozelleple112

CP is no where near as good as The Witcher 3.

While TW3 is quite overrated, it still is in all aspects but its combat system, considered a masterpiece.

CP2077 from Dec 2020 - Sep 2023 was literally the worst game I have ever played (a 1/10)

It seems with the release of PL and 2.0 patch the gameplay/combat has improved massively. but after 13 hours its still just 'okay'. I give it 5/10 so far.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 texasgoldrush

@Mozelleple112 said:

While TW3 is quite overrated, it still is in all aspects but its combat system, considered a masterpiece.

CP2077 from Dec 2020 - Sep 2023 was literally the worst game I have ever played (a 1/10)

It seems with the release of PL and 2.0 patch the gameplay/combat has improved massively. but after 13 hours its still just 'okay'. I give it 5/10 so far.

Its better.

More sophisticated storytelling, far better worldbuilding, far better gameplay, even better characters that are original to the game.

Choices matter more in both gameplay and story, as well. This is what TW3 didn't do well until the expansions.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

I like the game world of The Witcher better, but yeah, Cyberpunk is pretty amazing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

Thinking of giving the game another shot just cuz i can't stop hearing people jizz all over this game for the last couple of weeks.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever

@texasgoldrush said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Its better.

More sophisticated storytelling, far better worldbuilding, far better gameplay, even better characters that are original to the game.

Choices matter more in both gameplay and story, as well. This is what TW3 didn't do well until the expansions.

The gameplay is much better in Cyberpunk.

TW3 core gameplay. especially combat suck. its just its lore and its world , story is fantastic.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22980 Posts

Cyberpunk is dope. Loving it. Witcher 3 was OK.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

CP is more fun to play for sure.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mozelleple112

@texasgoldrush: Better storytelling and better characters really don't say much though. They are incredibly mediocre compared to something like BG3.

As for world building, meh.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Got cyberpunk in my backlog so not played yet but it will have to be something special to beat Witcher 3 for me.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 texasgoldrush

@ghosts4ever said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Its better.

The gameplay is much better in Cyberpunk.

TW3 core gameplay. especially combat suck. its just its lore and its world , story is fantastic.

CP2077's story and world is even better.

The Witcher world is not its selling point, it has always been more about scenario design.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 texasgoldrush
@Mozelleple112 said:

@texasgoldrush: Better storytelling and better characters really don't say much though. They are incredibly mediocre compared to something like BG3.

As for world building, meh.

No, CP2077 beats BG3 in its story and characters. While BG3 is great, I think BG2 has a better narrative.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hardwenzen

Looking at the combat system, i've seen some builds that play just like Doom Eternal, and for an rpg, that's pretty tight tbh. Has CDPR finally found out how to create combat systems?

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

I loved both games personally, but I also think that it should be an expectation that CP2077 is an all around better game. The two games are half a decade difference between releases, so you should expect a developer to refine and improve from their previously released systems, and improve visuals and setting using newer technologies.

CP2077 also had the benefit of a much higher budget after the success of TW3. I also think CDPR had more constraints with the characters and stories in TW3 than CP2077. It's working with already established characters from a book series vs. A clean slate IP where they could start fresh and include things like Hollywood actors for new characters.

I think CP2077 is a more refined game than TW3, but alot of that has to do with the success and impact TW3 had 5 years prior to release.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7065 Posts

TW3 is one of my favorite games of all time. After the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty expansion Cyberpunk2077 is up there as well.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 texasgoldrush

25 million.....take that FFVII Remake (7 million)

Selling faster than TW3 in the same amount of time.