Demon Souls bargain bin already $ 50.

• 97 results
rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Demon Souls bargain bin already $ 50. (30 votes)

10.28 TFLOP! 53%
9.2 tflop. 47%

Overhyped turd coated with some gleam. Already heavily discounted.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14695340-demon-s-souls-playstation-5-50-b-h-free-expedited-shipping?src=frontpage

Valid only today.

Rated at 9.2 flop, flop, flop!

• 
rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

b&h. Use your payboo if you have em

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1595078-REG/sony_3005730_demon_s_souls_playstation_5.html/SID/1148d5103de111eb9784763100633dd80INT

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

I really liked this game, but damn is it hard.

Still no where as good as Bloodborne

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rzxv04

@neogeo2k2 said:

Turd game. Bloodborne is also a turd ..but with blood.

Gonna try the Turd Hunter DLC soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Its still over priced for an 11yr old game lol.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rzxv04

@i_p_daily said:

Its still over priced for an 11yr old game lol.

Are you kidding me? $ 70 + tax is perfect.

Cows eat it up. You can sell rotting tur** to them no problemo then again this sale probably shows that some cows are developing a semblance for standards.

Nah. Cows are du*g supporters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

MetaCritic Demon's 92 on a 9.2tflops console. I mean, they go hand in hand together. Have 137h in it already and playing it as we speak 😎

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Wow, MS fanboys are a special bunch.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Wow, MS fanboys are a special bunch.

That's funny coming from you, a person who claims to be a PC gamer that's a cow sympathiser LOL

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

it cheaper on the ps3...

hah @ re’MEH’ks

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rzxv04

@hardwenzen said:

MetaCritic Demon's 92 on a 9.2tflops console. I mean, they go hand in hand together. Have 137h in it already and playing it as we speak 😎

lol that magical number for pony station for sure.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@neogeo2k2: what's hard about Demons? By far easiest souls game and most of the bosses are walkovers

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

Lmao, haters are so flustered by this game they get excited by a discount lmao.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

And yet still $50.00 too much. ;o

GamePass or bust. lol :P

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

What was it people say on these boards, oh yeah don't like stuff on your own platform just hate on others.

Hating on 11yo games, what was it Lem's were excited for in the xbone days, oh yeah MCC...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

I am as moved as I was with the original.😐

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Game is so awesome. I love it.

Only problem is not as many people helping others because of world tendency.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@rzxv04: The deals already gone. Guess that makes your thread even more pointless then it already was lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@vfighter said:

@rzxv04: The deals already gone. Guess that makes your thread even more pointless then it already was lol

It makes the point that the game wasn't worth $70.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts
@rzxv04 said:
@neogeo2k2 said:

Turd game. Bloodborne is also a turd ..but with blood.

Gonna try the Turd Hunter DLC soon.

I was replaying Bloodborne last week. I quit the DLC at the first boss. Too many of FromSoftware's bosses are now work. Definitely preferred the earlier Souls games, Demon's, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II, over Bloodborne, Dark Souls III and Sekiro. Although, Dark Souls III at least has more variety in its environments than Bloodborne, and I still found its bosses more manageable. Dark Souls III was the last FromSoftware game in which I bothered to beat all the bosses, and it will probably stay the last, since the fans raved so much about the difficulty in their games that FromSoftware now goes so out of their way to deliver. I quit Sekiro at the final boss. I'm sure I could have beaten him, but I wasn't motivated enough to work at it for hours.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: It doesn't in anyway, shape or form, but you already know that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: It doesn't in anyway, shape or form, but you already know that.

That is all that was needed. Thank you for your participation.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

Lems are still on suicide watch over this game? It must suck for lems to have the competition to release a remake only to outscore their "remaster" with more games in the bunch.

Not to mention the very same game that gave birth to a very successful franchise.

😆

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Game pass is an interesting beast. It's very clearly a phenomenal value for people that play a good majority of the content it offers. However, if you're someone like me who only has the opportunity to play a handful of games a year (and not all of the ones on my list are on Xbox), it's a slightly different conversation.

When I buy a Series X next year, it's likely I'll sign up for at least a few months. I did a three month membership for the Xbox/PC combo over the summer and played a good deal of games: Hellblade, Gears 5, Savage Planet, Flight Sim, Halo Wars 2. I let the membership lapse, as I don't have much time to play games outside of summer. While it would have cost me far more than the $45 I paid to play all those titles, there's something to be said for the fact that if I want to play any of those again, I have to pay more money to sign up for Game Pass.

It's an absolutely stellar service for the right consumer, but I fear it might become the standard, rather than merely an option. I have real concerns about consumers not actually owning their content in the long term.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

10 year old rehash. What's next? DLC at full price? Special cow themed horse armor for $20?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

Game pass is an interesting beast. It's very clearly a phenomenal value for people that play a good majority of the content it offers. However, if you're someone like me who only has the opportunity to play a handful of games a year (and not all of the ones on my list are on Xbox), it's a slightly different conversation.

When I buy a Series X next year, it's likely I'll sign up for at least a few months. I did a three month membership for the Xbox/PC combo over the summer and played a good deal of games: Hellblade, Gears 5, Savage Planet, Flight Sim, Halo Wars 2. I let the membership lapse, as I don't have much time to play games outside of summer. While it would have cost me far more than the $45 I paid to play all those titles, there's something to be said for the fact that if I want to play any of those again, I have to pay more money to sign up for Game Pass.

It's an absolutely stellar service for the right consumer, but I fear it might become the standard, rather than merely an option. I have real concerns about consumers not actually owning their content in the long term.

I hear ya but you are offered the opportunity to buy the game at a discount.

For me it's just great, seems there's always something new for me to try, games I likely would never have bought in the first place turned out to be gems.

Having all 1st party games hit on day one is just the icing on an already tasty cake. ;)

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Game is so awesome. I love it.

Only problem is not as many people helping others because of world tendency.

Both world and character tendencies are horrible mechanics, at least in the way they are implemented

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

it's sold out tho...

But then again...Xbox is doing that Perfect Dark thing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Sounds pretty great for gamers, considering the price hikes.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

its very strong value, just think of it like this. $15/month * 12 = $180. That also includes xbox live, which is $50, so you're really paying $130 for gamepass. $130 for game pass is the price of 2 full priced games per year.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

0/10 troll attempt.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

It should be 199 realistically. PS5 is such a value, it's going to increase in time like fine art.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@rzxv04: 12 > 9

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

its very strong value, just think of it like this. $15/month * 12 = $180. That also includes xbox live, which is $50, so you're really paying $130 for gamepass. $130 for game pass is the price of 2 full priced games per year.

It's a good value if you actually use it. As someone who typically doesn't pay for Xbox Live Gold for all 12 months out of the year, it's only shaving off $50 if you're someone who does that.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blaznwiipspman1

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

It's a good value if you actually use it. As someone who typically doesn't pay for Xbox Live Gold for all 12 months out of the year, it's only shaving off $50 if you're someone who does that.

if you're not going to play any of the games on game pass, I have to ask what exactly you play? Theres alot of quality and variety of games, it almost impossible to not find something you like.

Even if you're not interested in xbox first party games like halo or gears, they still have a bunch of popular casual games like the battlefield series, starwars battlefront, nba live 19, madden 20, fifa 20, tekken, mortal kombat, etc etc.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

if you're not going to play any of the games on game pass, I have to ask what exactly you play? Theres alot of quality and variety of games, it almost impossible to not find something you like.

Even if you're not interested in xbox first party games like halo or gears, they still have a bunch of popular casual games like the battlefield series, starwars battlefront, nba live 19, madden 20, fifa 20, tekken, mortal kombat, etc etc.

You seem to struggle understanding that game pass is not for everybody. I really only get to play a handful of games a year, and most of the games I play are not on game pass.

It's a fantastic service, but that doesn't mean it suits every single gamer in the entire world. If you're getting your money's worth, that's great. I would not.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

@rzxv04: The remake loses some of the magic through minor changes and sanding down some jaggies, but that being said... Demon's Souls is a masterpiece, and anyone who says differently, clearly hasn't played any or enough of the game.

Glad people are actually playing it, but it's sad they're not experiencing the original form.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blaznwiipspman1

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

You seem to struggle understanding that game pass is not for everybody. I really only get to play a handful of games a year, and most of the games I play are not on game pass.

It's a fantastic service, but that doesn't mean it suits every single gamer in the entire world. If you're getting your money's worth, that's great. I would not.

yep I am struggling to understand, but yeah it doesn't matter. You do you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

For me it's just great, seems there's always something new for me to try, games I likely would never have bought in the first place turned out to be gems.

Having all 1st party games hit on day one is just the icing on an already tasty cake. ;)

Still a good deal.

Let's think of it like this: if a monthly sub is 15 dollars, four months = 60 dollars, the price of a new game (without tax). Therefore, a year of sub is worth three new games.

Now, chances are you can play more than three new games each year.

More importantly, Gamepass (and other subs) gives you the chance the branch out and try new things since it doesn't cost you anything extra. Lord knows I've experimented a lot (and enjoy some) on Gamepass and other subs to broaden my horizons a bit.

But yeah, if you're the kind of gamer that buys Halo and that's all you play all year long, then Gamepass probably isnt for you. But anyone else? Helluva deal.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@mrbojangles25 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@SecretPolice said:

Still a good deal.

Let's think of it like this: if a monthly sub is 15 dollars, four months = 60 dollars, the price of a new game (without tax). Therefore, a year of sub is worth three new games.

Now, chances are you can play more than three new games each year.

More importantly, Gamepass (and other subs) gives you the chance the branch out and try new things since it doesn't cost you anything extra. Lord knows I've experimented a lot (and enjoy some) on Gamepass and other subs to broaden my horizons a bit.

But yeah, if you're the kind of gamer that buys Halo and that's all you play all year long, then Gamepass probably isnt for you. But anyone else? Helluva deal.

Yeah, it's an absolute steal if you have the time to use it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

Instead of increasing the prices of video games, the industry needs to quit it with Hollywood budget projects while they're ahead. We don't need massive budgets for unnecessary shit. We don't need celebrities or sophisticated mo-cap sessions and Morgan Freeman narrations - we need good game design to sell a game. It's an ever fading art in this industry.

The video game industry needs to get their priorities straight.

The Video Game Awards is the prime example of everything wrong with the attitudes working in the industry these days, when Geoff Keighley gets more smitten over announcing a celebrity to the stage than he actually gets over presenting an award.

Raise the prices to keep up with the costs of development? **** that. Lower the budget, I know you can.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@jaydan said:

Instead of increasing the prices of video games, the industry needs to quit it with Hollywood budget projects while they're ahead. We don't need massive budgets for unnecessary shit. We don't need celebrities or sophisticated mo-cap sessions and Morgan Freeman narrations - we need good game design to sell a game. It's an ever fading art in this industry.

The video game industry needs to get their priorities straight.

The Video Game Awards is the prime example of everything wrong with the attitudes working in the industry these days, when Geoff Keighley gets more smitten over announcing a celebrity to the stage than he actually gets over presenting an award.

Raise the prices to keep up with the costs of development? **** that. Lower the budget, I know you can.

How dare you want games to be games?😋

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro: This goes with movies as well, but the higher the budget - the higher the burden - and the more likely it will burn.

Budgets are a GOOD thing. Having a set budget and not a blank check: sets up the standards of understanding how to work with such limitations and how to prioritize the main goal.

Big budgets have a tendency to become a hot mess because there was a lack of creative discipline, because these studios then become fixated on the idea that throwing all the money at these things is what buys a good game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@jaydan: I agree with your conclusion for both comments. If gaming starts focusing too much on story with high production values, it would hurt the industry because the closer it gets to movies, the medium will become redundant to movies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro: This doesn't really apply to Demon's Souls, though; it's an actual gameplay-focused game, and a good one at that, with no expensive gimmicks to sell the game beyond its own legacy.

I think in cases like Demon's Souls: they want to hike up the prices even though they don't need to, but they do anyways likely because the Hollywood budget games next to them is getting the price hike, and they might as well do it for them all. Just my theory.

That brings me to another big issue: prices are wonky on all platforms. Video games should start getting priced according to the value of a product.

It does not make much sense how a 10 hour game can be priced at $60 and a 100+ game is also priced at $60.

I think the indie scene already kinda gets this, because indie game prices are never set at a concrete price, but instead priced according to the value which the dev's see fit.

Mainstream game companies need to take notes on that one.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rzxv04

@x_hedon said:

@rzxv04: 12 > 9

XamenX.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pedro

@jaydan: I wasn't applying it to Demon Souls.

Price is based on perceived value. Value is always volatile and at its core is an abstract concept that is shaped by a person's perception that is driven by multiple factors.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jaydan

@Pedro: Oh I wasn't saying that in regards towards you, I was just clarifying myself since this is a Demon's Souls thread.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@jaydan: Gotcha. I updated my response to the issue on value.