Digital Foundry - Sea Of Thieves PS5 Breakdown (PS5 wins again)

• 93 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39082 Posts
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
[...]

i'm certainly glad you have that PC.. otherwise we'd have to get someone to come check on you 👍

no worries, 2025 will get here eventually..

Why does it matter? MS is so desperate that they're now releasing Xbox games on PS🥱And those games are better optimized for PS because MS knows that its their only way of selling games. Nobody buys anything on your Box, GP ruined sales and that's why the effort into your first party is as mediocre.

Yet, Sea of Thieves launched at #2 on NPD way back in 2018 and already had 40 million players.. 🙄

I'm glad Playstation gamers are getting a chance to play the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it back when cows were bashing it.. Good to see that it was all fanboy nonsense since now cows are tripping over themselves to buy the game at full price 🤣

40M accounts with just a couple of thousands left playing. Ain't too hot and reminds me of Halo Infinite, actually. Us, playstation owners, is the only way your company can make money to cover the heavy bleeding of cash from GP. Y'all should thank us, and we will thank you for beta testing those games for years. Great relationship tbh.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8128 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:

i'm certainly glad you have that PC.. otherwise we'd have to get someone to come check on you 👍

Why does it matter? MS is so desperate that they're now releasing Xbox games on PS🥱And those games are better optimized for PS because MS knows that its their only way of selling games. Nobody buys anything on your Box, GP ruined sales and that's why the effort into your first party is as mediocre.

Yet, Sea of Thieves launched at #2 on NPD way back in 2018 and already had 40 million players.. 🙄

I'm glad Playstation gamers are getting a chance to play the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it back when cows were bashing it.. Good to see that it was all fanboy nonsense since now cows are tripping over themselves to buy the game at full price 🤣

40M accounts with just a couple of thousands left playing. Ain't too hot and reminds me of Halo Infinite, actually. Us, playstation owners, is the only way your company can make money to cover the heavy bleeding of cash from GP. Y'all should thank us, and we will thank you for beta testing those games for years. Great relationship tbh.

If you say so..

Meanwhile, in the real world, Xbox is generating more revenue than ever before and releasing at least 3~4 major 1st party games this year..

While, on the other hand, Playstation is scrambling to figure out how to adapt their unsustainable business model to a changing gaming industry.. Hense why they aren't releasing any games this year and are porting everything to PC..

At the end of the day, Xbox is releasing new games this year and Playstation isn't.. That's all the evidence you need to when talking about which one of these companies is making the right moves for their customers currently..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56186 Posts

@shadyacshuns: Is there a reason why you decided to come back after you felt the need to deactivate your own original account?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5943 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: playstation has never bought a developer/publisher????

They all do it and Sony have nothing this year.

Microsoft have to give Sony a cut from the profit of cows buying COD games. Making Microsoft more money than Sony of them and Where does it say anything about the other games.

The impact is yet to come. But it ain't looking good for Sony.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Just think this guy used to say he wasn't a cow.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69636 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Just think this guy used to say he wasn't a cow.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11122 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin: playstation has never bought a developer/publisher????

They all do it and Sony have nothing this year.

Microsoft have to give Sony a cut from the profit of cows buying COD games. Making Microsoft more money than Sony of them and Where does it say anything about the other games.

The impact is yet to come. But it ain't looking good for Sony.

Excuse me?! Sony hasn't bought a publisher since 1993 before Playstation came out, and when they did, it was 30 million dollars, not 80 billion. Sony's never had to invest stupid huge money to try to and get a foothold with Playstation, they just made the right moves from the get go. Xbox will never have that charisma. They operated on butthurt all the way up until they had to put games on PS.

Sony defeated MS handily in the console market. This is why cheering for MS as a publisher is stupid. They couldn't make their own consoles a success. Buying and controlling the work of others doesn't change their position.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39082 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:

If you say so..

Meanwhile, in the real world, Xbox is generating more revenue than ever before and releasing at least 3~4 major 1st party games this year..

While, on the other hand, Playstation is scrambling to figure out how to adapt their unsustainable business model to a changing gaming industry.. Hense why they aren't releasing any games this year and are porting everything to PC..

At the end of the day, Xbox is releasing new games this year and Playstation isn't.. That's all the evidence you need to when talking about which one of these companies is making the right moves for their customers currently..

They're generating so much revenue that GP profits is the most important kept secret in the US. Literally guarded in Area 51.

No profitable company that is the direct competition to Sony would give away a bunch of its first party titles for no reason. They're desperate to make bread, and Sony is where money is at.

And i don't know what Xbox is releasing, all i know is that the PS5 has four exclusives in Q1 2024, that is way more than the Xbox can even dream of seeing.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45214 Posts
Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Excuse me?! Sony hasn't bought a publisher since 1993 before Playstation came out, and when they did, it was 30 million dollars, not 80 billion. Sony's never had to invest stupid huge money to try to and get a foothold with Playstation, they just made the right moves from the get go. Xbox will never have that charisma. They operated on butthurt all the way up until they had to put games on PS.

Sony defeated MS handily in the console market. This is why cheering for MS as a publisher is stupid. They couldn't make their own consoles a success. Buying and controlling the work of others doesn't change their position.

Bungie.🤭

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin: all the games Sony are releasing this year are bought and not developed by them. They have spent good money buying developers just because Microsoft done it bigger doesnt make it different.

They have had one recipe for success and now it's not working.

But if you are happy with what Sony are doing this year then good for you.

But if Microosft wasn't releasing any of thrre 9wn games for over a year I'm pretty sure you would be all over it. Get a backbone and call them out it's not good enough.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin: all the games Sony are releasing this year are bought and not developed by them. They have spent good money buying developers just because Microsoft done it bigger doesnt make it different.

But if Microosft wasn't releasing any of thrre 9wn games for over a year I'm pretty sure you would be all over it. Get a backbone and call them out it's not good enough.

He loyal to the cult and will never bow to criticizing Sony.😂

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1079 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Helldivers 2 is fully funded, owned and published by Sony. That's very definition of 1st party game. Also, why Xbox peeps ignores MLB. LOL

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 loudheadphones
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:

If you say so..

They're generating so much revenue that GP profits is the most important kept secret in the US. Literally guarded in Area 51.

No profitable company that is the direct competition to Sony would give away a bunch of its first party titles for no reason. They're desperate to make bread, and Sony is where money is at.

And i don't know what Xbox is releasing, all i know is that the PS5 has four exclusives in Q1 2024, that is way more than the Xbox can even dream of seeing.

If GP is so profitable, Xbox wouldn't go 3rd party. Xbox peeps are totally delusional in that regard. Xbox consoles are selling like shit everywhere and GP is very very tied to Xbox consoles. Bad console sales, GP can't grow.

Glad that Xbox game runs better on weaker hardware. LOL

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22726 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@TheEroica said:

Lol... I'm sure Microsoft is crying while cashing their checks for exposing their game to a huge install base and having a more popular game on Playstation than Sony. I'm sure it's the unoticeable difference in the game performance between Xbox and ps5 that has them feeling dejected....

😂🤣Microsoft isn’t the issue here. It’s their loyal fanbase. The “diehard” Lems are holding the L here. Years of loyalty wasted on a company that is putting better console versions of their games on PlayStation. That’s why folks like TimDog on Twitter are going through an identity crisis. The dude has been to Redmond, wined and dined with Phil Spencer and Co, and now he doesn’t know what to do with himself. Just like the aimless Lems here. Years of being a loyal soldier of the Xbox Army, just to watch the opposition get preferential treatment. And the non-Lem bystanders like yourself are disingenuously playing along because you get a couple cheap b-tier games on your Steam Deck.

Xbox is finally working out a strategy that works. Sell games to the userbases that have historically spent more on games than the Xbox base. It’s a mind-numbing move after putting all their eggs in the Game Pass basket. I bet Phil has a team dedicated to inventing time travel so he could go back and change that one

You lose me at loyalty... I feel nothing for people "loyal" to corporation. It's probably why the Sony defense force is so cringe to be honest... To be loyal to a company in video games instead of best practices to benefit gamers is double cringe. Playstation just got a Microsoft game that is very likely expanding their user base whilst also printing large sums of money for Microsoft with each new purchase... Speaking on how Twitter zombies and "influencers" FEEL about their loss of identity is elementary school.... The actual bullet points here are that Microsoft has a great game available on more platforms and it runs great everywhere it's released.... Who are you trying to draw in with a conversation on being loyal soldiers?

Also... I bought a steam deck KNOWING I'd get every Microsoft game as an option to purchase. The added benefits have been Sony releasing their B tier games on steam, which give me options.

I'm not sure how Gamepass will evolve. No one is, but I'm glad we're trying to bust up the exclusive game stranglehold that only benefits the corporation and not the developers....

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@tdkmillsy said:

What are you talking about? Helldivers is a Sony IP, the rest of the games that have been released exclusively for PS so far this year aren't coming to Xbox. Why should they? There's no audience.

What recipe for success are you talking about? The one that's kept them with their foot over Xbox's neck all this time and kept them in third place? Doesn't get any better than that. And they didn't even have to waste 80 billion doing it.

Everyone seems to be happy with what Sony's been doing this entire time. It doesn't matter if they own a studio or not. It only matters if Xgoons can't play it. And there's nothing MS has coming up that's worth buying an Xbox for. Starfield was supposed to be the savior, and that went down in flames. The Xbox despair is great, and no coping mechanism in the world can save it. Playstation has Xbox's games now. It's over, as soon as you sign the terms of surrender you'll know that. 🤣🤣🤣

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

@davillain said:

@shadyacshuns: Is there a reason why you decided to come back after you felt the need to deactivate your own original account?

Obviously.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Sony's been good to us. In the meantime you've been giving free money to MS for Game Pass with nothing to show for it lately. 🤣

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin: name 3 games developed by Sony 1st party coming out this year?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin: name 3 games developed by Sony 1st party coming out this year?

Name one Xbox exclusive that's been worth playing since Starfield came out

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin: I asked first

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I asked first

Your question is moot since Playstation's had exclusives to play. You have no argument

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin: if your happy with the fact you cannot answer because there is none, then good for you.

For years cows have claimed sony 1st party is what sets it apart to xbox 1st party.

Now there is no 1st party games it doesn't matter.

Talk about being two faced.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin: if your happy with the fact you cannot answer because there is none, then good for you.

For years cows have claimed sony 1st party is what sets it apart to xbox 1st party.

Now there is no 1st party games it doesn't matter.

Talk about being two faced.

No, it's EXCLUSIVES that set it apart from Xbox. Phil Spencer thought MS getting him two publishers would be his ace in the hole for Xbox... until they forced him to continue to make games multiplat. He, like the rest on the Xbox community, sat with collective egg on their faces 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Sony's been good to us. In the meantime you've been giving free money to MS for Game Pass with nothing to show for it lately. 🤣

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 loudheadphones

@loudheadphones said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Helldivers 2 is fully funded, owned and published by Sony. That's very definition of 1st party game. Also, why Xbox peeps ignores MLB. LOL

@tdkmillsy said:

MLB and Helldivers 2. You know you fucked up before, because Helldivers 2 and MLB are 2 1st party games, so, in a sneaky way, you've asked for 3 gsmes.

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Xbox is totally irrelevant and going 3rd patty. Xbox peeps are totally salty and bitter now. Imagine how the will feel when Starfield or Hellblade 2 will be announced for PS5. There will some suicidal attempts.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13016 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@loudheadphones said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@tdkmillsy said:

MLB and Helldivers 2. You know you fucked up before, because Helldivers 2 and MLB are 2 1st party games, so, in a sneaky way, you've asked for 3 gsmes.

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Xbox is totally irrelevant and going 3rd patty. Xbox peeps are totally salty and bitter now. Imagine how the will feel when Starfield or Hellblade 2 will be announced for PS5. There will some suicidal attempts.

Sony didn’t develop Helldivers 2. He asked for 1st party developed games.

Remember, if you include the multiplat 3rd party game MLB as a Sony exclusive, MS gets to include COD this year.

Who will have the best selling first party developed game this year?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tdkmillsy

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/22/helldivers-2-come-xbox-sony-begins-very-early-talks-claims-insider-20692000/

Microsoft brought games to PC Sony soon followed.

Microsoft brought games to a competitor Sony will soon follow.

The whole landscape is changing with costs soaring and the only way to pay for them is to sell to more.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44117 Posts

GOAT Sea of mofo Thieves is taking the bovine brigade by storm. ;o

Good stuff cows, I didn't know you all had it in you. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 KvallyX

@tdkmillsy said:

Sony already has these coming to Xbox:

MLB the Show

Destiny 3

Marathon

Rumored: Helldivers 2

Port all games to PC, including now day one (Helldivers 2, FairGame$, Concord).

I think Sony saw that lucrative money flow by going 3rd party, so they followed suit.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1278 Posts

Helldivers 2 on Xbox..

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:
@TheEroica said:

Ghost are you shilling for Sony on minute differences in sea of thieves? 😂

Only a Xbox shill would interpret this information that way. (see @Pedro)

The best place to play Xbox games is PC. The second best place to play Xbox games is on PlayStation 5. The worst way to natively play Xbox games is on Xbox hardware… Let that sink in. Thanks Phil! 😂🤣😂

"Only a Xbox shill would interpret this information that way"

Then you bring up a fanboy take? To somehow prove you're not a PS shill. How does that make sense to you? :-S

And yeah it's a fanboy take considering like 1% of Xbox games is on PS.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By loudheadphones
@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@loudheadphones said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Remember, if you include the multiplat 3rd party game MLB as a Sony exclusive, MS gets to include COD this year.

Fully funded, owned IP and published is a by very definition a 1st party game. Same as Bloodborne or The Order 1886 or Returnal ( released before Housemarque acquisition). Cut the crap here.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 loudheadphones
@tdkmillsy said:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/22/helldivers-2-come-xbox-sony-begins-very-early-talks-claims-insider-20692000/

Microsoft brought games to PC Sony soon followed.

The whole landscape is changing with costs soaring and the only way to pay for them is to sell to more.

Using an Xbox Era Shpeshal_Nick as a source. LOL

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@ghostofgolden: "That’s why folks like TimDog on Twitter are going through an identity crisis."

lol, what?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

Fully funded, owned IP and published is a by very definition a 1st party game. Same as Bloodborne or The Order 1886 or Returnal ( released before Housemarque acquisition). Cut the crap here.

Never said it wasn't a first party game. The question was about games DEVELOPED a first party studio. Which, Sony didn't develop it. They paid a third party studio to develop it.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 loudheadphones

@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

Never said it wasn't a first party game. The question was about games DEVELOPED a first party studio. Which, Sony didn't develop it. They paid a third party studio to develop it.

Which is a 1st party game in the end ( if it falls under all 3 categories ). Looks like Xbox peeps changed the subject in last few year all of sudden 1st party games don't count, but who developing them. LOL

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tdkmillsy

@loudheadphones: that's fine I'm happy to wait.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

2, 4, 6 , 8, who do we appreciate???? Sony, SONY, awwww yeahhhh

Amazing just being current gen leader is not enough, they are moving our hobby forward!!

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 loudheadphones

@tdkmillsy said:

@loudheadphones: that's fine I'm happy to wait.

Your question would be legit at the end of 2024, not in 1/3 of the 2024.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 KvallyX

@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:
@loudheadphones said:
@kvallyx said:

Which is a 1st party game in the end

Never said it wasn’t first party.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#93 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

PS5 literally beating Xbox at its own game!