Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@howmakewood: I guess I haven't unlocked that yet. My spearhead vocation is level 5 atm, and I couldn't see anything resembling a counter?

The limited movement is really annoying me.

Also creds on you playing warrior. I didn't test that vocation but I find the movement way too stiff. I think I need to be Thief :p

I thought Mystic Spearhands would be less tanky and more sneaky / speedy / agile.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

@Icarian said:
@Maroxad said:

And the most notable feature from Souls to carry over to other games is its death system where you drop currency on death.

Diablo 2 did that way back. To me it looks like Souls dying mechanics are inspired by Diablo 2.

you didnt really drop currency as much as you dropped all your items :P

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Maroxad:

in D2, you dropped all your items (of course this was recovered 100% even if you decide to leave the game - your body would automatically appear on the ground and of course not possible for other players to grab)

but you did in fact lose not only currency (gold) you also lost XP. Just like in Souls. So @Icarian is right. Diablo 2 did the whole lose your money/XP on death way before Souls.

aaaaand not only that, when you finally picked up your corpse in D2 (your "souls" in a Souls games) you didn't even get all your XP back. You lose 10% of a levels XP initially each time and you can only regain a maximum of 75% of that XP back. so a net loss of 2.5% of a levels XP is guaranteed per death.

As for the gold, you dropped the gold you carried, which could be picked up by another player.

Now gold is almost completely redundant to any skilled / high level D2 player, but it sucked in PVP if someone killed you and took all your gold and now you had to go farm for a few minutes :p

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#404 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@howmakewood: I guess I haven't unlocked that yet. My spearhead vocation is level 5 atm, and I couldn't see anything resembling a counter?

The limited movement is really annoying me.

Also creds on you playing warrior. I didn't test that vocation but I find the movement way too stiff. I think I need to be Thief :p

I thought Mystic Spearhands would be less tanky and more sneaky / speedy / agile.

it's the uh move where you jump and slam back down, does extra dmg when you avoid an attack with it, can't remember the name.

I've maxed all but warfarer/trickster so far

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By Maroxad
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Maroxad:

in D2, you dropped all your items (of course this was recovered 100% even if you decide to leave the game - your body would automatically appear on the ground and of course not possible for other players to grab)

but you did in fact lose not only currency (gold) you also lost XP. Just like in Souls. So @Icarian is right. Diablo 2 did the whole lose your money/XP on death way before Souls.

aaaaand not only that, when you finally picked up your corpse in D2 (your "souls" in a Souls games) you didn't even get all your XP back. You lose 10% of a levels XP initially each time and you can only regain a maximum of 75% of that XP back. so a net loss of 2.5% of a levels XP is guaranteed per death.

As for the gold, you dropped the gold you carried, which could be picked up by another player.

Now gold is almost completely redundant to any skilled / high level D2 player, but it sucked in PVP if someone killed you and took all your gold and now you had to go farm for a few minutes :p

Its been ages since I played Diablo 2. I don't remember if you dropped equipped gold or not. I remember there being a gold penalty, which was nothing new. Gold and Exp penalties are nothing new. MMOs had them back in the 90s.

What I am describing what Souls introduced is the Drop all your stuff, if you die again, you lose what your corpse had. Which is what souls does, as well as other games such as Shovel Knight. That is what I am referring too.

If I die over and over in diablo, I will lose a lot of EXP, but my corpse will never disappear.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#406 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Maroxad:

Its been ages since I played Diablo 2. I don't remember if you dropped equipped gold or not. I remember there being a gold penalty, which was nothing new. Gold and Exp penalties are nothing new. MMOs had them back in the 90s.

What I am describing what Souls introduced is the Drop all your stuff, if you die again, you lose what your corpse had. Which is what souls does, as well as other games such as Shovel Knight. That is what I am referring too.

If I die over and over in diablo, I will lose a lot of EXP, but my corpse will never disappear.

In Diablo 2 you drop all your carried gold if you die. And your equipped gear will be on your corpse, you'll respawn naked. You have two options, you can quit and when you log back in, your latest corpse will spawn next to you and you can get your gear back, but you'll lose the gold.

Second option is that you run back to your corpse and you'll get back your gold and gear. But if you die while you try to reach your corpse, that creates a new corpses. If you now quit and log back in, you'll lose all your gear because the latest corpse that will spawn next to you is that naked one. So, with this option you have to get back to your first corpse if you die on the way. Risk and reward.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Found Hardwenzen's character.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Icarian: That is 100% false.

You never lose your gear, lol. gold and xp, yes but not your gear.

If you did, that must have been pre 1.07, so we're talking summer 2001 days. What a completely broken mechanic lol if what you said was true. Imagine the PVP griefing or if you get disconnected or something. Your gear is always saved so if you exit or disconnect you get every piece of gear.

The only risk vs reward is the lost XP. For example if you have 99% of the XP for the next level, you die once it drops to 90%, then 81%, then 72%, then 63%.... If you keep dying it will keep dropping until reaching 0% so you can try to recover corpses or you can accept a smaller loss.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Mozelleple112

@Maroxad: Yeah you drop all the gold you have equipped. Even then I believe there's also a % taken from stash though I don't remember how that worked since its been 14 years since I played myself.

but XP as mentioned you lose and can regain most but not all.

Your gear will never get lost.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Maroxad

@Icarian said:

In Diablo 2 you drop all your carried gold if you die. And your equipped gear will be on your corpse, you'll respawn naked. You have two options, you can quit and when you log back in, your latest corpse will spawn next to you and you can get your gear back, but you'll lose the gold.

Second option is that you run back to your corpse and you'll get back your gold and gear. But if you die while you try to reach your corpse, that creates a new corpses. If you now quit and log back in, you'll lose all your gear because the latest corpse that will spawn next to you is that naked one. So, with this option you have to get back to your first corpse if you die on the way. Risk and reward.

Yeah I prefer the souls system, where you drop all your souls and lose it if you die before retrieving it. Such a genius mechanic.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#411 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39706 Posts

Been two weeks, and i have barely played the game. This is just pathetic. 12 years wait, and i played it for maybe an hour n a half.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By Mozelleple112

@hardwenzen: Well what are you waiting for?

I downloaded the game at launch (9-10 days ago) and I have played for 48 hours.

I'm at the very last boss btw, so completion time just under 50 hours.

You (for some reason) enjoy MHW, I think you would love this.

Its literally Elden Ring (a 10/10 game) x MHW (a 4/10 game) = 7/10 game!

with co-op I think it could have been 9/10.

Remember to download infinite out-of-combat stamina, lower weight items and FG mod for best experience of the game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By hardwenzen
@Mozelleple112 said:

@hardwenzen: Well what are you waiting for?

I downloaded the game at launch (9-10 days ago) and I have played for 48 hours.

I'm at the very last boss btw, so completion time just under 50 hours.

You (for some reason) enjoy MHW, I think you would love this.

Its literally Elden Ring (a 10/10 game) x MHW (a 4/10 game) = 7/10 game!

Two reasons. Firstly, i was kinda triggered that i couldn't play it from day one cuz i was upgrading my pc, and couldn't play. Secondly, i am usually someone who dislikes playing multiple games at once. Usually stick to one game for a long time until i am completely burned out on it, and then swap to the next. That game was Helldivers 2, and i am not yet burned out on it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Heil68: Are you going to play it?

I want to! Looking for reports that the difficulty is manageable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#415 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

@Heil68 said:

The classes dictates the difficulty. Thief is pretty accessible.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#416  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34774 Posts
@Pedro said:
@Heil68 said:

The classes dictates the difficulty. Thief is pretty accessible.

Sounds like pretty poopy game design. If Thief was supposed to be easy mode, the developer should tell the player.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By hardwenzen

Jesus Christ pawn chatter is as shit as it was in the original. And i hate how the rented pawns are always telling where things are if it was discovered in their world. This is NOT how you do exploration. Its as if Larian and Fromsoft are the only two developers in the whole industry that are capable of making meaningful exploration in their games.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50665 Posts

So, is this a party game that sucks if you play solo?

Also, are micro transactions bad in this game or just fluffy crap?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 hardwenzen

@Chutebox said:

Have you played RE4R? Its the same kind of worthless mtx not worth mentioning, its annoying that they exist. You can play solo, but its more like mass effect, solo is not worth it. I am playing just i and my main pawn instead of a group of 4, its a group of 2.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By Pedro

@Chutebox said:

It would be harder if you don't use your pawn but I haven't tried. The game feels easier than the previous game. As for the microtransactions, it exists if you want to exist. It has had no impact on my gaming experience. The only time I am reminded that there are, is when it is mentioned outside of the game because at the moment it is not integrated into the game and is in the form of DLC purchases through the store.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50665 Posts

Pawn is a npc partner I'm assuming?

Thank you in advance!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 Maroxad

@Chutebox said:

Pawn is a npc partner I'm assuming?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, your main pawn is made by you, and the other 2 pawns in your team is created by other players (their main pawn).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Maroxad

I looked up the augments list and... why does Dragons Dogma 1 have more augments than DD2?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By Pedro

@Maroxad said:

I looked up the augments list and... why does Dragons Dogma 1 have more augments than DD2?

Capcom hates us.😂 Not sure why. Probably they got rid of the rubbish ones.🤷🏽‍♂️

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Maroxad

@Pedro said:
@Maroxad said:

Capcom hates us.😂 Not sure why. Probably they got rid of the rubbish ones.🤷🏽‍♂️

I liked the solo one :(

Kill my pawn, and then do the whole game solo. Revive them, give them top tier gear at level 1.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#426 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@Heil68: The difficulty is ridiculously easy. No spoilers, but I just finished the last boss within 3 minutes on my first try. The final chapter was pretty spectacular visually, but ultimately DD2 goes down as the most disappointing game of the last decade for me.

Angry at myself for falling for the inflated scores it was getting (A 9 here? lol. )

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By Pedro

@sealionact: Well that is unfortunate.

You do know that the last boss isn't dragon right?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 sealionact

@Pedro: No idea. Titles rolled, so did my eyes. Wasn’t even the option to continue and do more side quests.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Heil68: Here's your report: DD2 difficulty is very manageable.

I just completed the game, with 300,000 gold in the bank, 50+ health potions, and a total of 50+ different roborants. around 15-20 camping kits (you can camp to heal your characters and give buffs).

If you aren't as good as I am at these kind of things you can always use the items, heal more, and buy stuff from the shops to help you along the way. The game is extremely easy lol. The enemies and especially bosses have literally zero IQ and even though a dragon could kill you in two swipes they'll just stand there passively.

Sometimes the enemies will remember to attack you and they'll just relentlessly stunlock you to death (but you can always heal while being attacked, heal slightly after death, use a wakestone or just respawn...

Its nothing like a From Software game.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Chutebox: The mtx are completely irrelevant. And its nothing new. Capcom did this in DMC5, RE2, RE3 and RE4. Maybe MHW as well but I don't play that shit so don't quote me on that.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 sealionact

@Mozelleple112: lol I forgot you could pause the game, cure all your afflictions and instantly refill your health bar with potions - didn’t even need them.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#432  Edited By ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 270 Posts
@sealionact said:

@Pedro: No idea. Titles rolled, so did my eyes. Wasn’t even the option to continue and do more side quests.

Did you talk to the Pathfinder during the credits? Like the original, the fight with the Dragon isnt the real ending. But I agree, the game was too easy, especially as Mystic Archer. Guess we gotta wait for the Bitterblack Isle expansion for the challenging content. In the meantime maybe try a solo run with no pawns.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 Pedro

@Mozelleple112: I am not sure why you keep referencing From Software when this game is not only a Capcom game but game that is not trying to be a From Software game. If you want a From Software game you play a From Software game.🤷‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 Pedro

@sealionact: If it is anything like the first, the game is cyclic and the ending comes in different forms and can exclude entire sections of the world. It is not your conventional ending. If you weren't enjoying the game, I don't think pursuing the actual ending will make much of a difference.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#435 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Exactly. Cyclic.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#436 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3506 Posts

@Pedro: But all games must copy that one game!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 hardwenzen

It pisses me off that casuals such as @sealionact have spent way more time in this game than i, someone who waited for the game to come out for 12 years. Sickening.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 sealionact

@hardwenzen: I’ve been gaming since you were in nappies. If this is the game you’ve been waiting 12 years for, you have a bizarre taste in games.

Well, we knew that already.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I’ve been gaming since you were in nappies. If this is the game you’ve been waiting 12 years for, you have a bizarre taste in games.

Well, we knew that already.

You're trying to hurt my heart, and i won't let you.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Poor Wenzen. Abandons his ps5, waits 12 years for a game, upgrades his PC to play it and it’s a Ubisoft clone.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Poor Wenzen. Abandons his ps5, waits 12 years for a game, upgrades his PC to play it and it’s a Ubisoft clone.

Its not an Ubisoft clone, stop trying to hurt me.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 sealionact

@hardwenzen: True. Ubisoft games have more gameplay.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443  Edited By hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: True. Ubisoft games have more gameplay.

You refunded Elden Ring. I can't take you seriously, very sorry.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 sealionact

@hardwenzen: You bought bf2042, ignored your ps5 and upgraded your PC for Doggy Doo 2…..but nobody ever took you seriously anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 Pedro

@kathaariancode said:

@Pedro: But all games must copy that one game!

Apparently.🤷🏽‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You bought bf2042, ignored your ps5 and upgraded your PC for Doggy Doo 2…..but nobody ever took you seriously anyway.

I did buy BF2042 TWICE. I genuinely hope that you can take me at least a bit seriously. All i really want is to be respected on SW.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#447 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8708 Posts

So, is this in System Wars because Sony fanboys don't like the game because it's multiplatform?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 hardwenzen

@vgmkyle: Stop moaning.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#449 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8708 Posts

@hardwenzen: Oh, so I'm right. Figured as much.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 hardwenzen

@vgmkyle said:

@hardwenzen: Oh, so I'm right. Figured as much.

You were never right. Not something that is very known to you.