Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts

It’s a bit too early for a hype thread, but I just wanted to say something about it. I feel like the game will get critically panned because of the lack of female characters in the party and places like Polygon will try to make the game seem like a huge injustice.

Then I thought about it for a bit, and it’s just double standards. Where were these political correct feminists and white knights when games like Rumble Roses and Hyperdimension Neptunia ect were out? These games lack male characters so where were these guys to correct this so called “injustice?”

What are your thoughts about video game reviews and should this be something devs should have to consider in the early design process?

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Well nobody cared about those games, so nothing happen. You are talking about one of the biggest Jrpg franchise in the world vs two obscure titles that was probably played by a very small portion of horny 12 years old boys. To make it worse one is a ps2 title that probably came out a long time ago.

Compare it to final fantasy X-2 at the very least.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Uhm. It's not called Cid. It's called perfection.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

It will be panned as long as this "issue" is stilll an effective bait click when the game it's released, so shit sites like Polygon and Kotaku can ride that dick again.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghost120x

@da_illest101: That's my point exactly. Since FF is popular they jump on the bandgwagon and try make the game villainous, instead of them actually caring about the "problem" no matter what the budget of the game is.

If they really cared the would have said something about the old ps2 game I posted years ago. If they really cared they would call out all games rather than just major ones like GTA, Final Fantasy and other AAA games.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

First off, I don't think FFXV's full party has been revealed yet.

But I do get what you're saying. Polygon and other sites that buy into this SJW bullshit have made Japanese games an easy target for low reviews. Look at how Polygon reviewed GTA V and Bayonetta 2: one game features no female characters while the other features two prominent ones, and yet only Bayonetta 2 suffers the low score because of "sexism." Not to mention the guy who reviewed Bayonetta 2 for Polygon uses "Japanese" as an insult:

I can definitely see FFXV and MGS5, hell maybe even Persona 5 suffering low reviews because of nonsense like this

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

I cant believe people actually worry about these type of things. Make your own games with the genders and sexual orientation that you want then.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

too soon to make the call but it's gonna happen if there's no significant female lead. MGSV is another one that when it releases it's gonna be fun to read what the likes of polygon will have to say about Quiet. Although there was already an outrage when she was first unveiled but who knows?

But in my opinion I still feel like Quiet's costume has not been justified and I don't like the Cid of FFXV but if that's how they want to roll then who am I to censor them? I'm still very interested in both games though and the issues I have are purely with the aesthetics and my own taste not because of sexism or anything. I don't like the main cast of FFXV either.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@Gue1 said:

But in my opinion I still feel like Quiet's costume has not been justified and I don't like the Cid of FFXV but if that's how they want to roll then who am I to censor them? I'm still very interested in both games though.

Kojima promised there's a functional reason for Quiet's costume. I think that, based on her trailer and the way her powers look, it's made of a special type of fiber NANOMACHINES!!!!! that allows her to use her teleportation power without worrying about destroying her equipment.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Doesn't matter. If the game is good it will get good reviews. Maybe not from the fake SJW gaming sites, but the majority of reviews will. Its meta might take a couple points of damage but it is the price you pay (according to SJW sites) when you refuse to bow down to their agenda.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

@da_illest101: That's my point exactly. Since FF is popular they jump on the bandgwagon and try make the game villainous, instead of them actually caring about the "problem" no matter what the budget of the game is.

If they really cared the would have said something about the old ps2 game I posted years ago. If they really cared they would call out all games rather than just major ones like GTA, Final Fantasy and other AAA games.

Hard for them to comment on obscure titles they probably never heard of or played.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

All dude party sucks, maybe if we rile up the SJWs enough they'll sort it out before launch...

GO, internet!!

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Sure a few sites will make clickbait complaints about it, probably not most.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44680 Posts

Doubt it, I just think this game will get critically panned for other reasons, for instance when you have something hyped for soooo long (and this game has certainly been in the works for a very, very long time) it's likely people's expectations surpass what the developers are capable of delivering on. Also, given it's no longer exclusive, it's not going to get that bump of uncondition praise that fanboys give exclusives. Heck, some fanboys might be subversively resentful that it's now a multiplat.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I don't think devs should have to worry about any of this but sadly with the world in the state it's in with people literally searching the internet avidly for things to be offended by they are kind of forced into a corner.

I think devs should be able to make games however the hell they like. They decide how many female or male characters, which races to include, what sexual orientations if applicable and if people don't like it hey no problem don't fucking buy it.

Sadly, the entire world seems to have caught 'stupid disease' so these issues are a major stumbling block when they never were before.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

FF is a japanese game why do all the girls look white?

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

FF is a japanese game why do all the girls look white?

They have a thing for white girls.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It's a Japanese game and they won't give two hoots what junk publications like Polygon and Kotaku have to say. Fortunately neither will most of the rest of the world. Some of my RL mates (filthy casual gamers ;) ) are looking forward to FFXV and I'll guarantee they've never heard of either of those trash site or that Anita woman.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueinheaven

@GarGx1 said:

It's a Japanese game and they won't give two hoots what junk publications like Polygon and Kotaku have to say. Fortunately neither will most of the rest of the world. Some of my RL mates (filthy casual gamers ;) ) are looking forward to FFXV and I'll guarantee they've never heard of either of those trash site or that Anita woman.

They can't be that casual if they want to play an FF game! They won't be finishing that in a couple of hours, we're not talking about The Order here :)

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts
@Heil68 said:

I cant believe people actually worry about these type of things. Make your own games with the genders and sexual orientation that you want then.

I agree whatever devs should do what they wanna do with characters.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Why do you even care? If you don't like those sites, then why do you even care what they write?

Also, do you even notice how lame your post is? Final Fantasy is a series that appeals to everyone. Rumble Roses and HyperDimension were made to appeal strictly to a male audience. Obviously no one is going to give a **** about those games in terms of political correctness.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GarGx1

@blueinheaven said:

@GarGx1 said:

They can't be that casual if they want to play an FF game! They won't be finishing that in a couple of hours, we're not talking about The Order here :)

They enjoy gaming but don't really follow it, they get most of their gaming information from lads mags such Zoo or Maxim.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Someday, y'all are going to mature and move past this angsty phase.

Someday.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blueinheaven

@GarGx1 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@GarGx1 said:

They enjoy gaming but don't really follow it, they get most of their gaming information from lads mags such Zoo or Maxim.

They probably play just as much as we do they just don't obsess over it like we do which really isn't a bad thing!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GarGx1

@blueinheaven said:

@GarGx1 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@GarGx1 said:

They probably play just as much as we do they just don't obsess over it like we do which really isn't a bad thing!

That's probably pretty accurate :)

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Eh, moot point. FFX-2 was all female (as far as the party goes) and no one cared. Doubt anyone will care about an all male cast this time around.

I can however see people take an issue with the eye candy that is Cid in FF XV, though once again it can be argued that to a lesser degree the all male cast is pretty sexualized too (they just have clothes that cover a "bit" more than 20% of their bodies >.>).

---

Also, caring about anything Polygon is a recipe for massive (and pointless) headaches. Crappiest mainstream gaming site by far.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I was thinking social justice warriors would love the game on the basis that FFXV seems to be a bold next step forward in depicting homoeroticism in gaming. This is basically Gears of War of this generation.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

SJW's shouldn't be complaining.

FFX had female characters. FFX-2 was ONLY females.

FFXII had females characters and Vaan was very feminine looking.

FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 had tons of females.

FF11 and FF14 can pick male or female as they are online.

God forbid we have one game where we have males as the main characters and females as the secondary ones. SJW's need to stop.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Im curious if their going to say something about cids look.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I don't really care much about the lack of female party members. I'm sure there will be plenty of female characters within the storyline itself, just not in your combat party. Although I am worried about what the storyline itself will be like and whether the open world aspect will have an effect on it. I really hope they handle the sidequests well and not make it like some MMO fetch quest grind, a lot like Dragon Age Inquisition did. I swear that game was like 80% MMO fetch quests and 20% story.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

These feminist and "social justice garbage warriors" are a plague in gaming and everything else.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

@princeofshapeir:

At least we know that Kojima fully expects a shit train of haters on multiple levels and doesn't give a ****. He was up front about it. MGSV is going to piss people off and he doesn't care.

I was so glad to hear it too, good on him.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I just ignore those sites. These days I get feedback from friends online about certain games then reviews.

Sylveon128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sylveon128
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

I don't care if the main character is male or female as long as they are great cherecter. I also hated win people were hating is on bayonetta because first they complain about female character being weak but then bayonetta is strong,smart,fast, and love talking dirty they hate her. I think those fans should stop trying to make developer listen to their demands and let them do what they want.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i think it will get critically panned for being yet another tired ass jrpg that has hardly evolved from the formula it had in 1990's.

hey, here's a plucky/annoying/dimwitted/chipper little sister type girl, hey here is a gruff/sarcastic/damaged outsider with a shady past, hey here is a 14 year old protagonist working through family issues, hey here is a talking/cute animal. now lets thrown in some random encounters while they connect a plot going from a to b to c to d.

boom, break for lunch! we are halfway done on this thing!

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghost120x
@JangoWuzHere said:

Why do you even care? If you don't like those sites, then why do you even care what they write?

Also, do you even notice how lame your post is? Final Fantasy is a series that appeals to everyone. Rumble Roses and HyperDimension were made to appeal strictly to a male audience. Obviously no one is going to give a **** about those games in terms of political correctness.

That's my point. These politically correcting "heroes" only seem to come around when a game is big and popular. They really don't care about the issue at hand and how it effects the game industry, otherwise they would try to attack all acts of "injustice". Therefore they only want attention. For example, crime is a crime, no matter your social class, but if these guys were cops they would only go after the richest, well known people.

That is why I put the most obscure games I could think of to prove my point.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#37 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Some people are going to find any reason to complain.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Ghost120x said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

That's my point. These politically correcting "heroes" only seem to come around when a game is big and popular. They really don't care about the issue at hand and how it effects the game industry, otherwise they would try to attack all acts of "injustice". Therefore they only want attention. For example, crime is a crime, no matter your social class, but if these guys were cops they would only go after the richest, well known people.

That is why I put the most obscure games I could think of to prove my point.

I don't see your point at all. Your cop comparison does not work for this scenario. There is no point in picking on games like Rumble Roses. They know who their audience is and they aren't interested in other demographics. As another example, Pornography is an industry that treats women like trash, but you don't see most feminists attacking porn. it is all built for a male audience. However, a game like Final Fantasy is a different story. It is a series that can appeal to everyone, so if it started pushing away a specific audience for no good reason, then that would be troubling for some people.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@Gue1 said:

But in my opinion I still feel like Quiet's costume has not been justified and I don't like the Cid of FFXV but if that's how they want to roll then who am I to censor them? I'm still very interested in both games though.

Kojima promised there's a functional reason for Quiet's costume. I think that, based on her trailer and the way her powers look, it's made of a special type of fiber NANOMACHINES!!!!! that allows her to use her teleportation power without worrying about destroying her equipment.

yeah but c'mon...it's blatant titillation. i just wish they would stick with their guns than come up with a ridiculous 'excuse'

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

If they don't want to put lead female characters into THEIR game, that's their choice. Are you so quick to forget that the last final fantasty had a lead female character? Which i found annoying, Square Enix do not seem to know how to write a decent female character these days. Take a look at FF6 and FF7, great examples of interesting female characters. So yeah, i'm not bothered.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I don't think a counterargument involving those two games would take you very far against feminism.

Both of them would actually further exemplify sexism in games.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@princeofshapeir:

At least we know that Kojima fully expects a shit train of haters on multiple levels and doesn't give a ****. He was up front about it. MGSV is going to piss people off and he doesn't care.

I was so glad to hear it too, good on him.

Well in Japan no one really needs to give a shit about American feminist movements... I mean it won't even affect sales either.

Got_A_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Got_A_Light
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

Square Enix's Final Fantasy series has retreaded the same topics so many times dev's heads are spinning. The real best application of Shigero Miyamoto's philosophy has GOT to be Final Fantasy 7. That was the first 3D FF job and (gameplay-wise) the most fun. I hope a LOT that in the future the Final Fantasy series, say in XVI, goes 'Sci-Fi' & into space.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#44  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

FFXV's reaction isn't really comparable to GTA5. Last I checked, only around 10-15% of GTA players are female, whereas around 30-50% of FF players are female, so there's a bigger risk for FF, as it has more to lose. FFXV is the first time time a main numbered FF has an all-male playable cast in 25 years (since the original NES version of FFIII), so there's a risk it might lose a lot of female players... so Squenix is trying to balance this out by making the main characters, uh, look like a boy-band. While some female players might be complaining about the lack of playable girls, some seem to like the whole "bromance" thing (especially the "fujoshi" crowd)... so it might work out okay for FFXV, after all.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#45 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

If reviewers rate it low because of "hurr gender roles in games are super important" I'll buy the game out of spite. Two copies.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

I'm sure it's not because of this. But I think we need to remind everyone gaming is about all kinds love. So it's certainly not a problem. If your party of village people want to go on a super important FF quest to save the world, I say go for it. ;-)

I'm just kidding before anyone gets mad :-)

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It looks like Gamespot is pre emptively justifying why they wont be making an issue of it. They shouldn't have to but then there are always plenty of puffed up imbeciles making a major issue out of everything and demanding the world moulds to their own sense of politics.

There's a nice article out remarking on why the male intimacy aspect is fine, so hopefully they will review the game not on personal politics but on actually how good the game is. It's come a long way recently since getting rid of some of the awful dead wood.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Jag85: Utter nonsense. Final Fantasy, like many games in japan, have had androgynous characters going back years. There were exceptions, but many of the males particularly the younger teenage/early 20s ones have been less than macho. FFXV is merely par for the course. They have changed nothing. They are making the game they want to make.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#49  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

I already know FFXV was created like that since the start... I've been following FF Versus XIII's development since 2006. I was looking at it from a business perspective, not an artistic perspective. From a business perspective, Squenix are hoping the boy-band looks and bromance male-intimacy theme will go down well with their female audiences in spite of the lack of playable girls, so they probably won't lose many female players despite that.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@Gue1 said:

yeah but stocking and a bikini? And for the entire game? And it's not like she doesn't look kind of cool (better than Cid on FFXV at least) but the contrast between the military equipment, and the soldiers but then you see Quiet in bikini and stocking, it reminds me to Onechanbara. XD