kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

The biggest offender in this is the us, the customers. Mobile gaming is HUGE in japan, and the rest of the world is closing in. It's pretty much printing money with no effort involved.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@kaealy said:

The biggest offender in this is the us, the customers. Mobile gaming is HUGE in japan, and the rest of the world is closing in. It's pretty much printing money with no effort involved.

Its going to become over saturated soon.. Many of these companies are literally looking at a short term outlook and going down a completely unsustainable path in the long term. Jim Sterling had a great video discussion on this that many executives only see three games: Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, and Call of Duty.. And they basically are abandoning lucrative game franchises in favor of these cash cows.. This is one of the larger reasons why the Indie scene has exploded in popularity and gains because they picked up many of the types of games these devs abandoned.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I hope MGSV has a good ending because it's not coming back.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@kaealy said:

Its going to become over saturated soon.. Many of these companies are literally looking at a short term outlook and going down a completely unsustainable path in the long term. Jim Sterling had a great video discussion on this that many executives only see three games: Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, and Call of Duty.. And they basically are abandoning lucrative game franchises in favor of these cash cows.. This is one of the larger reasons why the Indie scene has exploded in popularity and gains because they picked up many of the types of games these devs abandoned.

Still, it's customers fault.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Really...i swear, the only the truly successful japanese gaming company left is Polyphony digital (Gran turismo series) Not only did they hire 1000 new people for GT7 development, but they also got the ex head sound engineers from Turn 10, SMS and bizarecreation.

and have the incredibly successful GT Academy, which has given birth to 10 real world Race drivers, 10's of millions of gamers compete in GT academy each year to be the next or the best. And GT as of 2014 has sold over 71 million units. i can really say that's a great success for a racing game. not to mention the partnerships with automotive companies..that seem to be endless(Vision GT)

That being said 7 better blow my socks off considering how much time, money and resources is being put into it.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@Alucard_Prime: or worse those games will be iPhone pay win crap.

lol if that happens I don't want to even know about it, that will ruin my memory of those franchises :)

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

They released a Silent Hill 2 & 3 " remastererd HD collection" with an early source code that wasn't the final product, one riddled with weird audio bugs and unfinished textures.

Kojima was fired and they cancelled Silent Hills, the company can die for all I care but they wont, they'll keep selling slotmachines, selling minigames for smartphones and other meaningless stuff in Japan.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#59 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Konami is dead as a gaming company, but it will probably find greater success as a company.

Mobile game development is simply too profitable compared to traditional game development. However, eventually mobile game development is going to become too crowded and everything will balance out once again.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No matter what happens now at least we'll have MGS5

This will be the final MGS game.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

After MGS V sales like 7+ million copies they are going to really kick themselves. I don't know how much of a slave driver kojima was to cause the fallout but he was their meat and potatoes so they really bit the hand that fed them.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

@playharderfool:

Yep, all the mainline MGS titles were 4+ million sellers, with MGS4 rounding out 6 mil and MGS2 rounding out at 7. Not counting the multiple ports and collections over the years.

And that was on single platform releases. Now we have MGSV releasing on 5 platforms simultaneously. It has the open world aspect which is the popular trend in gaming these days. And it has intuitive controls in contrast to the convoluted schemes of the past games.

I really wonder how Konami is going to feel when this game blows past the previous titles in the series.