GSD: Xbox sales in complete freefall in Europe with a -47% drop in February, Helldivers 2 no. 1 with a bullet

• 71 results
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

No, no, no, he's saying it's not 1st party is all. :P

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

But it is 1st party if the platform holder owns the IP, no matter who develops it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@SecretPolice said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

But it is 1st party if the platform holder owns the IP, no matter who develops it.

Nah, was never understood that way in SW.

For instance, Gears did not become 1st party until The Coalition became the dev. :P

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BenjaminBanklin

@SecretPolice said:

For instance, Gears did not become 1st party until The Coalition became the dev. :P

System Wars is pretty dumb sometimes, Gears was 1st party the day MS bought the IP from Epic.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@dabear said:
@kvallyx said:
@dabear said:

@loudheadphones: Stellar Blade and Helldivers 2 are not Sony 1st party games.

Helldivers 2 is. Sony owns the Helldivers IP.

No it's not - Arrowhead Studios is not owned by Sony. For a game to be "1st Party", that means the developing team is a subsidiary of the parent company.

And don't put too much faith in the argument of "This manufacturer is the publisher, so they own the IP". Mass Effect 1, Ninja Gaiden II, and OddWorld were published by "Microsoft Game Studios", and they ended up on PlayStation.

Yes, it is. Sony owns the Helldivers IP, not Arrowhead. It's a first party game. Learn to deal with facts.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts
@SecretPolice said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@SecretPolice said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

exactly. its a 2nd party title.

@kvallyx No, its a 2nd party game at best.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts
@dabear said:
@SecretPolice said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@SecretPolice said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

Fully funded, owned IP and published by a platforms holder is a 1st party game. This is 100% fact. Same as Bloodborne or The Order 1886, a 1st party games. So, Helldivers 2 is a Sony's 1st party game. And Stellar Blade also.

So, still some peeps still haven't learned that 2nd party actually doesn't exists. It is a made up term by some game enthusiast. It is only 1st party and 3rd party. 2nd party more or less a term coined by video game magazines back in the day who didn't really understand the relationships that publishers had with independent developers

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2956 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Oh heavens, will Xbox survive?

Yes. Thanks to Gamepass.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dabear

@loudheadphones said:
@dabear said:
@SecretPolice said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@SecretPolice said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

Fully funded, owned IP and published by a platforms holder is a 1st party game. This is 100% fact. Same as Bloodborne or The Order 1886, a 1st party games. So, Helldivers 2 is a Sony's 1st party game. And Stellar Blade also.

So, still some peeps still haven't learned that 2nd party actually doesn't exists. It is a made up term by some game enthusiast. It is only 1st party and 3rd party. 2nd party more or less a term coined by video game magazines back in the day who didn't really understand the relationships that publishers had with independent developers

No, it's a 2nd party game.

Bro, I have been in these forums for over 20 years. I think I know what 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games are, k?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39443 Posts

@dabear said:
@loudheadphones said:
@dabear said:
@SecretPolice said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Bro, I have been in these forums for over 20 years. I think I know what 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games are, k?

I actually agree with him. I don't think you understand what 1st party is. Helldivers 2 is so 1st party that some might even call this title as 0party, which means that this game is incredibly close to the core spirit of the playstation brand.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@loudheadphones said:
@dabear said:
@SecretPolice said:

I actually agree with him. I don't think you understand what 1st party is. Helldivers 2 is so 1st party that some might even call this title as 0party, which means that this game is incredibly close to the core spirit of the playstation brand.

I'm on forums over 20+ years when i've had a dial up internet and 2nd party is made up term. I've used it too. But it is made up term. Helldivers 1, 2, Stellar Blade, Bloodborne, The Order 1886 and similar are all 1st party games. As Insomniac leak provided Sony 1st party game sales and Bloodborne , Returnal ( released before Housemarque acquired ) and Until Dawn were there, so, 1st party game sales.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dabear

@hardwenzen: I think you just want to argue with me.

It's a 2nd party game.

You don't get to change the terminology to try and explain away why Sony has a 1st party game drought.

The game is not made by a Sony studio. It cannot be a "1st party" game if it's not made by SONY.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hardwenzen

@dabear said:

It's a 2nd party game.

You don't get to change the terminology to try and explain away why Sony has a 1st party game drought.

The game is not made by a Sony studio. It cannot be a "1st party" game if it's not made by SONY.

I do not want to argue with you, but i do want to correct you as often as i can. And after the success of Helldivers2, this studio is guaranteed to be acquired by Sony, so don't even dream of ever having this kind of games on your Xbox.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dabear

@hardwenzen: Well, if Sony buys them, THEN it will be a 1st party game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

Why play games like that? They've most certainly already signed the acquisition, its just that its not public yet. There is no reason to be in denial, its a Sony developer you want it or not.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@dabear said:

This is true.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BenjaminBanklin

@dabear said:

It's a 2nd party game.

"2nd party" is a term made up for contracted work, it's not an actual thing. If the company owns the IP, it's a first party game, period. Even the studios that are owned by the platform holders have to contract to outside studios to help complete their games. All AAA games are "2nd party" in that sense.

The developers of these games do not own them. Period.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

"2nd party" is a term made up for contracted work, it's not an actual thing. If the company owns the IP, it's a first party game, period. Even the studios that are owned by the platform holders have to contract to outside studios to help complete their games. All AAA games are "2nd party" in that sense.

The developers of these games do not own them. Period.

So, second party.🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

So, second party.🤭

Oh look, it's the "developer" who knows jack all about game development chiming in

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pedro
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

So, second party.🤭

Oh look, it's the "developer" who knows jack all about game development chiming in

I see that I being a developer still gets you all

😂😂😂😂
😂😂😂😂
dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dabear

@BenjaminBanklin: LOL, no