I honestly feel bad about the PC as a platform

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

I mean, it is a good platform with good possibilities being open and all, but c'mon, so much wasted potential.

For once, we don't have any games made exclusively for those high end GPUs, since all games are made with Xbox One and PS4 as the baseline, all that power goes to fluff that adds nothing really relevant to the experience, the graphics are slightly better but nothing that makes a world of difference and the fps is irrelevant for most people.

The most played PC games can be played on the most basic laptops, any laptop can play LoL for example and any low end GPU can play most popular competitive games, the ones that are relevant at least.

So imagine putting up an expensive rig and missing the best games of the generation, such as Mario Odyssey or God of War, not a good deal at all.

Yeah, it lives a bitter taste in my mouth to think how much potential the PC platform has and how it's wasted...

Well, that's just modern gaming, I think.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Calvincfb

Pandadropkicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pandadropkicks
Member since 2017 • 389 Posts

Please no one post on this thread:p

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

I too feel PC is the scourge of the world and must die a horrible death.

We're talking Political Correctness here right? :P

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Oh, one of these threads again. But there is some truth I suppose, walled gardens do have advantages.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

fps is irrelevant for most people.

People simply have not experienced 60+ and will not due to various reasons, would not suggest irrelevancy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25063 Posts

Well i dont care about childish games like mario or third person games like GOW. infact DMC 5 is far better than GOW.

every multiplat run better on PC. this is another one of those anti PC thread.

the biggest example is. multiple sony exclusives liek detroit, heavy rain and beyond are coming to PC and heavy rain just came. and i ignore it. its not like if they hit PC and we care about it.

few exclusive that are movie games or childish nintendo games doensot matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

PC is being held back by AAA publishers plain and simple the glory days AAA exclusives are non existent it shouldn't be this way it sucks. I feel bad for newer PC gamers that didn't experience PC gaming from 98-07 to me that was the golden era of PC gaming. It's still great but it's not what it should and can be right now.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

Cow insecurity is reaching dangerous levels.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Why do we let these trolls run rampant? Seriously.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@juub1990

Lol. Trolls will be trolls, on the net and irl. So sad.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 518 Posts

"So imagine putting up an expensive rig and missing the best games of the generation, such as Mario Odyssey or God of War, not a good deal at all."

@Calvincfb

I played Zelda botw and Mario kart 8 and donkey Kong CTF on PC

and I can play more games on PC than on PS4 , we have microsoft game's third party games PC exclusives like Squadron 42 etc , some Sony games like Detroit , now after all the acquisitions microsoft has done we will have more games that are not available on PS4.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Honestly the only quality games I have to look forward to on PC are those top down isometric RPGs.

That's honestly Top-down RPGs are PC's only "AAA" caliber game selection you'll find on steams store, everything else worth looking of is a console port of some kind. Virtually everything other than that is busted, janky and extremely low quality.

PC's exclusive content is pretty much a shovelware grave yard.

It's not hating it's just a fact. PC fans wait on our console ports so they can have something of quality to get excited about.

I just went searching through the steam store today...shit depressing. You can't find anything but unfinished early access cash grab projects and basement developed indies for all the praise PC fans here give the platform.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator

@heirren Back in the old days in System Wars. Trolls put efforts into their trolling threads but this isn't one of them lol.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BoxRekt

@fantasygamer MS still hasn't put The Master Chief Collection on PC yet! That's all I'm really looking forward to on PC at the moment (another console port). Virtually everything else that's not already on console is shovelware.

As you've proven with you post, listing one early access UNFINISHED microtran$action hell BETA AAA PC scam Star Citizen and then TONS of console ports or illegal stolen titles console exclusives...PC fans don't really have any games worth listing or speaking on when talking about AAA quality games when compared to consoles.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

for someone who claims he finds PC boring and doesn't care about, TC sure talks a lot about PC

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

This thread is really just a circle jerk of the most vocal PS fanboys. It's rather sad, actually. Don't you guys have anything else to talk about?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#19 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

sure, if you discount entire genres like strategy games, milsims (Hell Let Loose is what BFV wishes it could be and its only in Early Access) and other random but awesome Multiplayer games like Mordhau and Tannenberg, then yea, PC is only really good for the massive advantages in control flexibility and hardware configuration, as well as performance (which is critically important for enjoyment IMO)

its a shame I find so called "AAA" games so damn stale most of the time. Been playing through Detroit Become Human while its free on PS+ and my god if this is what AAAE gaming looks like, there isn't much there to brag about. sure it looks nice but it runs like dogshit, controls like dogshit and the story and premise is amateur hour.

there hasn't been a single worthwhile PS4 or Xbox exclusive so far this year as far as i'm concerned, yet PC has Anno 1800 and Total War Three Kingdoms off the top of my head which are both excellent and i'm pretty sure qualify as AAA to boot.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Reported my last post did ya? as it looks like its been deleted.

I keep saying man.... you need to see someone.

Meanwhile we'l all continue playing the biggest game library, genres at by far the best graphics and performance....

Fix yourself, get a decent job, join us.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever
@boxrekt said:

It's not hating it's just a fact. PC fans wait on our console ports so they can have something of quality to get excited about.

Im pretty sure majority of people will get cyberpunk on PC.

very few people will play it on console.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fedor  Online

Same two kids in everyone of these go nowhere posts. Not long before they get the hammer.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Your logic is flawless...

You do realise if you can't afford a PC chances are you can only afford one console and then you also would be missing out on games, how many people here actually have a Switch that own a X1 or PS4?... Not many and vice versa.

The chances of someone with a high end gaming PC having a console or every console is highly likely because they can clearly afford it.

Money solves everything I get every multi-play and PC exclusive on PC at the best possible settings and framerate available for the time on my PC and I own a Switch and Pro.

The problem is the other way around... I feel sorry for console gamers who have to pick one console.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#25 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17909 Posts

@calvincfb:

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

The desperation in the OP, after that last thread...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator

@baelnergal said:

The desperation in the OP, after that last thread...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I used to think the moderation should be more lax. Now I think it should be more strict lol.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Soo time to ban Calvin and box maybe?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BassMan

@XVision84 said:

I used to think the moderation should be more lax. Now I think it should be more strict lol.

We all take jabs and troll to an extent, but some people like Calvincfb/ReClown, BoxRekt, etc. are just straight up shit posters and we could do without them.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Calvincfb

I'm going to ignore replies with offensive content, since they don't add anything to the discussion, as for those calling for my ban, unfortunately, for you, making a thread about how PC's full potential is wasted by the developers is not against GS or SW rules, it's not my problem if this simple truth hurts you.

Without further ado:

@Random_Matt said:

fps is irrelevant for most people.

People simply have not experienced 60+ and will not due to various reasons, would not suggest irrelevancy.

Yes, they have and I have. Higher fps is cool and all, but not really necessary and most people clearly don't care about that, if they did, Switch wouldn't be selling like hot cakes, DS, 3DS would have all but failed. People care, first and foremost about the fun factor of games.

@warmblur said:

PC is being held back by AAA publishers plain and simple the glory days AAA exclusives are non existent it shouldn't be this way it sucks. I feel bad for newer PC gamers that didn't experience PC gaming from 98-07 to me that was the golden era of PC gaming. It's still great but it's not what it should and can be right now.

PC wouldn't have access to AAA if it weren't for consoles shifting their archtecture to x86. Consoles make more money for any one developer, since most AAA sell more copies on consoles than on PC. You should be grateful for the existence of console gaming, is the sole reason you have good multiplatform games available to play on the PC.

@fantasygamer said:

"So imagine putting up an expensive rig and missing the best games of the generation, such as Mario Odyssey or God of War, not a good deal at all."

@Calvincfb

I played Zelda botw and Mario kart 8 and donkey Kong CTF on PC

and I can play more games on PC than on PS4 , we have microsoft game's third party games PC exclusives like Squadron 42 etc , some Sony games like Detroit , now after all the acquisitions microsoft has done we will have more games that are not available on PS4.

I don't discuss emulation, what counts it's what is available officially on the PC and those games you cited are not.

@boxrekt said:

Honestly the only quality games I have to look forward to on PC are those top down isometric RPGs.

That's honestly Top-down RPGs are PC's only "AAA" caliber game selection you'll find on steams store, everything else worth looking of is a console port of some kind. Virtually everything other than that is busted, janky and extremely low quality.

PC's exclusive content is pretty much a shovelware grave yard.

I just went searching through the steam store today...shit depressing. You can't find anything but unfinished early access cash grab projects and basement developed indies for all the praise PC fans here give the platform.

Pretty much agreed. But they seem to fail this simply concept. If PC was all that those people needed, they wouldn't buy PS4/Xbox/Switch, but most PC gamers have at least a PS4 and a Switch whereas most PS4/Switch owners don't have a gaming PC.

@with_teeth26 said:

sure, if you discount entire genres like strategy games, milsims (Hell Let Loose is what BFV wishes it could be and its only in Early Access) and other random but awesome Multiplayer games like Mordhau and Tannenberg, then yea, PC is only really good for the massive advantages in control flexibility and hardware configuration, as well as performance (which is critically important for enjoyment IMO)

its a shame I find so called "AAA" games so damn stale most of the time. Been playing through Detroit Become Human while its free on PS+ and my god if this is what AAAE gaming looks like, there isn't much there to brag about. sure it looks nice but it runs like dogshit, controls like dogshit and the story and premise is amateur hour.

there hasn't been a single worthwhile PS4 or Xbox exclusive so far this year as far as i'm concerned, yet PC has Anno 1800 and Total War Three Kingdoms off the top of my head which are both excellent and i'm pretty sure qualify as AAA to boot.

I'm talking about AAA games that use the full power of the PC hardware, which is not the case for most of the games you cited, neither is for the majority of PC exclusives. Most of them can run on a laptop onboard chipset.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Your logic is flawless...

You do realise if you can't afford a PC chances are you can only afford one console and then you also would be missing out on games, how many people here actually have a Switch that own a X1 or PS4?... Not many and vice versa.

The chances of someone with a high end gaming PC having a console or every console is highly likely because they can clearly afford it.

Money solves everything I get every multi-play and PC exclusive on PC at the best possible settings and framerate available for the time on my PC and I own a Switch and Pro.

The problem is the other way around... I feel sorry for console gamers who have to pick one console.

Being able to afford or not has nothing to do with the discussion. I truly feel sorry about all that wasted potential on a PC with high end hardware, the games aren't using all that power and probably never will.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@calvincfb Total War Three Kingdoms and Hell Let Loose (50v50 MP on huge maps) are pretty dang demanding, especially if you want to play on ultra + 1440p (or higher) and maintain a good frame rate.

Mordhau and Anno are no visual slouches either...

playing any of those at 4k and hoping to maintain 60fps (let alone 144fps which a lot of PC gamers aim for) would stress even the most powerful PCs.

you can make any game look better and play better by cranking the resolution and going for higher frame rates and that will take advantage of powerful hardware. even if you don't have a super high res/high frequency monitor you can use stuff like DSR to render games at a higher resolution and downsample and that'll make them look way better as well.

also your criteria are stupid and arbitrary.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fedor  Online

I give it 2 more weeks until

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#35 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@calvincfb said:

For once, we don't have any games made exclusively for those high end GPUs,

OK I have to stop right, see THIS is whats wrong with gamers today, what is it about a game being exclusive that pushes you to become a drone? its such WEAK mentality that makes an easy target cash cow for greedy developers. A game can be a masterpiece or a game can be well crafted but as long as you slap EXCLUSIVE on it you back it up? and does a game have to be exclusive to take advantage of higher end hardware? come on, that is just ridiculous.

As for graphics being slightly better on PC comment, lol, "slightly", you haven't actually seen what a proper gaming rig can do have you?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Juub1990

I still think we should petition for OP’s ban.

Annoying and useless trolls like him and ip_daily need to go.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Dumb

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@BassMan said:

@calvincfb:

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

If you want to play games at their best you play them on a decent PC, consoles are for poor people.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

PC used to be godly in the 90's its slowly falling off a cliff and now epic games store is making it the dark times.

who the hell wants to login 2-3 diff platforms to play game I only wanna use one and 2 is fucking horrible

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#41 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@davillain-:

Yeah lotta new throw away accounts aka trash accounts. You think people realize that all that stuff goes unnoticed?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BassMan

@Juub1990 said:

I still think we should petition for OP’s ban.

Annoying and useless trolls like him and ip_daily need to go.

I vote in favour of the ban.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BoxRekt
@ghosts4ever said:
@boxrekt said:

Im pretty sure majority of people will get cyberpunk on PC.

very few people will play it on console.

yeah about that...

If you want to add in pirated copies you might begin to have an argument but I don't have those stats.

......................................................................................................

BTW:

LOL at people calling for a ban because you don't like someone's argument about your favorite platform. How childish.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN?

This board isn't called "Everything get's bashed EXCEPT for my precious PC wars", it's called "SYSTEM WARS".

No one cries or called for bans when PS, Xbox, or Nintendo systems get bashed, dumb arguments are not so what the hell is going on in this teary eyed thread?

If you're upset and calling for someone to be banned because they're making an argument against your favorite system, maybe YOU should remove yourself from this board and go find some place to post that's not dedicated to making arguments against any and all systems!

?Don't talk about PC it's off limits, BAN HIM!

Really ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts
@calvincfb said:

I'm talking about AAA games that use the full power of the PC hardware, which is not the case for most of the games you cited, neither is for the majority of PC exclusives. Most of them can run on a laptop onboard chipset.

try and play Anno 1800, Total War Three Kingdoms, Hell Let Loose on a laptop onboard chipset and tell me how they run.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Bait thread.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juub1990
@boxrekt said:

BTW:

LOL at people calling for a ban because they don't like someone's argument about their favorite platform. How childish.

This board isn't called "Everything get's bashed EXCEPT for our precious PC wars", it's called "SYSTEM WARS".

No one cries or called for bans when PS, Xbox, or Nintendo systems get bashed, dumb arguments are not so what the hell is going on in this teary eyed thread?

If you're upset and calling for someone to be banned because they're making an argument against your favorite system, maybe YOU should remove yourself from this board and go find some place to post that's not dedicated to making arguments against any and all systems!

Really ?

I don't even care about this PC bashing argument. You guys always use the same tired topics and are just looking to troll to get a rise out of people. You're not actually here to discuss or have insightful exchanges and don't pretend otherwise. You're simply here to annoy people. ip_daily is a notorious PS hater and I want his as gone too because he's as much as a troll as you or Calvincfb are. At this point you're just being disruptive and annoying.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Oh look, this thread with the usual cows

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@boxrekt

@calvincfb:

You feel bad for PC as a platform?

You what now?

• By far the most players.
  • By far the most revenue. (Software and hardware, gaming only)
  • By far the most highly played video games.
  • By far the most high scoring games. (I should end this here, factually wins SW)
  • By far the most AAA and AA budget games.
  • By far the best gfx.
  • By far the best performance.
  • By far the best version of almost all multiplats.
  • By far the best Online.

(P.S. Why is every anti-PC liar a fresh alt?)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghosts4ever

@Juub1990 said:
@boxrekt said:

BTW:

LOL at people calling for a ban because they don't like someone's argument about their favorite platform. How childish.

This board isn't called "Everything get's bashed EXCEPT for our precious PC wars", it's called "SYSTEM WARS".

Really ?

I don't even care about this PC bashing argument. You guys always use the same tired topics and are just looking to troll to get a rise out of people. You're not actually here to discuss or have insightful exchanges and don't pretend otherwise. You're simply here to annoy people. ip_daily is a notorious PS hater and I want his as gone too because he's as much as a troll as you or Calvincfb are. At this point you're just being disruptive and annoying.

IP daily is more of PC and FPS hater but he use microsoft console which make no sense.

calvin make anti PC thread once in a week with same old tired arguments.

even for that i dont think people should be ban for having different opinions.