In 2025 all Sony first party are coming on pc day one. Do you still buy their Playstations? (cows pow-wow)

• 83 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll In 2025 all Sony first party are coming on pc day one. Do you still buy their Playstations? (cows pow-wow) (62 votes)

Rofl no 69%
Absolutely 31%

Lets assume that Sony goes all in, and releases all their future titles on their playstation and pc at the same time. Do you still support them through buying their consoles, or switching to PC?

• 
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6430 Posts

Sony would be morons put their games on PC the sameday as PS.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61520 Posts

PC. If I can save money not buying consoles and invest in my PC that does a multitude of things I need, then i'll do that.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

No. Like xbox, PS would be redundant.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts

I'm a pc gamer and don't own a ps5 so nothing would change.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts

@Chutebox said:

No. Like xbox, PS would be redundant.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Unless my squad all still on PS, I jump to PC in a heartbeat. I am using PC mostly to emulate stuff so this is more incentive to ditch PS.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

No. It'd become a redundant system for me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

I don't see the issue. 🤷🏽‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@last_lap said:

Sony would be morons put their games on PC the sameday as PS.

Like Helldivers 2 and Concord?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

If Sony really cares about making more money, of course they would release their exclusives same day as PC and for those who say Sony's console would be redundant, well that's not accurate. There are few gamers who don't like gaming on PC and consoles will still be around for those who love console gaming.

For me, will I still buy Sony's console? Not really, it depends what Sony's offering that my PC doesn't already has. But all in all, I would have no used for Sony's console anymore if their games come to PC day one.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9411 Posts

Well Insomniac isn't making another Ratchet & Clank game until 2029, so yeah I'd love to not buy a PS6.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Sometimes I just like gaming in console, when the performance is basically the same as PC. Games like Star Ocean SSR, Persona, etc. Plus I pick up the physical copy on console, which is a big plus.

If I need the power, though, I need the power. Never gonna play something like Cyberpunk on console.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

I’m currently a console gamer, don’t have a gaming PC, and am not planning to get one anytime soon. Unless that changes then I will continue to buy the console systems. It doesn’t bother me any if these companies want to put their games on the PC. It just gives gamers more options to choose from.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap

@Chutebox: But Xbox is not redundant. I prefer to play on console and there are millions of others in the same boat.

PC's are the worst, I dislike everything about PC.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@kvallyx: Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Concord a gaas game? Of course Sony's going to put that on PC. Secondly the people behind Helldivers 2 are a third party dev right?

And you know full well what games I'm talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@last_lap said:

@Chutebox: But Xbox is not redundant. I prefer to play on console and there are millions of others in the same boat.

I mean, why would you hate something that gives you the best performance, graphics etc. possible? That's just silly. Plus you can hook it up to your TV, and game on the couch. You can do anything with PC. How could something like that be "the worst"? It doesn't make sense.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap

@davillain: Nah Sony would lose money putting its games on PC the same day as PS5. I mean how many times have you double dipped? That's where their money is. Getting people (Hermits) to pay for the same game twice, they can't do that with a dual release.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39409 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@last_lap said:

I mean, why would you hate something that gives you the best performance, graphics etc. possible? That's just silly. Plus you can hook it up to your TV, and game on the couch. You can do anything with PC. How could something like that be "the worst"? It doesn't make sense.

Indeed makes fuckall sense. But some grew with consoles, and tell themselves its superior to anything else, even tho they're not 12 years old anymore.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

Made the mistake of buying a console (a PS4) a few years ago, never doing that again.

Sticking with PC. Nothing really changes for me, though: day one or two years or five years or never, I'm not buying a console for the one or two good exclusives it might get each year. First, it's dumb as shit and a waste of money and poor impulse control. Two, I hate forced exclusivity that's done only for marketing and sales reasons, and refuse to support it.

To think that exclusives are the only reason some people actually buy a console is just idiotic to me.

@davillain said:

If Sony really cares about making more money, of course they would release their exclusives same day as PC and for those who say Sony's console would be redundant, well that's not accurate. There are few gamers who don't like gaming on PC and consoles will still be around for those who love console gaming.

For me, will I still buy Sony's console? Not really, it depends what Sony's offering that my PC doesn't already has. But all in all, I would have no used for Sony's console anymore if their games come to PC day one.

Yeah I feel like things would not change that much. People like console, or they like PC, or they like both. I don't think you'd see a significant shift because a.) I think the "both" crowd would still want both platforms, and b.) the folks that prefer one or the other would still stick with preferred platform.

Additionally, how many people that are not already gaming on PC actually own a PC that can play games well? It does require an intentional purchase of a "gaming PC" to have, you know...a gaming PC.

Also also, people that want a PS will already have it, and the PS5 will only be <half way through it's lifespan, so it's not like people are going to drop it and get a gaming PC just because there's no exclusives.

Ugh, kind of a dumb topic when you think about it.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Why wouldn't I. PC costs more and consoles each gen have something unique tech wise that gets implemented for devs to create with that can't be made on PC versions.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16579 Posts

You would think pc gaming would make consoles redundant but not exactly, at least not in my case. I have a gaming pc hooked up to my tv. It's nothing special with the Intel arc a770, but it is better than what consoles are capable of and I'd say it's mid range gaming pc specs overall. The one thing consoles do better is the user experience, and ease of use on TVs. You just turn on TV with your controller, and have an amazing experience.

The pc connected to TV isn't nearly as smooth. I have to switch over hdmi port to the pc, turn on pc manually, navigate with the mouse on a huge tv screen with high resolution and tiny icons, find the games platform I want to load up, open it and then finally play the game. When I'm done playing, whip out the kb/mouse again and repeat the process in reverse.

You can see it's a pain in the ass, and not the smoothest process. BUT, once the game is loaded up, there is literally no difference between consoles and pc. I'd even say the pc works and looks better. It's really only a problem, figuring out a solution for all the small steps at the start.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: Some of us just want to play games not specs. PC could be 1000fps at 20k and I still couldn't give a crap as I'm not a graphics/fps whore. I also don't want to Lego a PC (put one together) Hermits never get this.

By the way you and wenzen are not Hermits, you 2 a consolites too, you guys aren't fooling anyone 🤣

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@eni232 said:

consoles each gen have something unique tech wise that gets implemented for devs to create with that can't be made on PC versions.

Like what?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@latech84 said:
@eni232 said:

consoles each gen have something unique tech wise that gets implemented for devs to create with that can't be made on PC versions.

Like what?

lol i want to know as well

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ENI232

@hardwenzen:

Whatever the PS5 has. 3d audio, dual sense controller, PS5 SSD.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@latech84 said:
@eni232 said:

Like what?

lol i want to know as well

teh alien SSD of course.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

@eni232 said:

@hardwenzen:

Whatever the PS5 has. 3d audio, dual sense controller, PS5 SSD.

3D audio is nothing worth even mentioning. Dualsense controller is just a controller, i don't see anyone buying a whole system because of a controller. The SSD was nothing but marketing. The last time Sony had something unique was the cell, and that has been generations ago. Nowadays you're just getting off the shelf part that are downclocked and put in a tiny box. There's nothing special about anything inside a console for some time now.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

The may have to if they don't want to stay in last placestation

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I mean, it's not a rofl situation. It's a choice.

They wouldn't be fools to do it, but its also not an easy decision. It would be a big shift in strategy. It would mean their ecosystem would really have to open up.

I don't see it happening. It was a natural shift for MS. Sony hasn't shifted far from their usual formula before. I've always wondered, can they adapt and massively change their formula if they had to?

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

The PC ports in 2023 and before clearly shows PC gaming is an over-expensive entertainment that privide underwhelming pathetic experience.

Smart gamers play on consoles.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

I wait for Playstation games to come out on PC now because i don't like how restrictive and weak consoles are. It's like comparing a McLaren to a 2008 Honda Civic. Both will get you from point A to point B, but one's significantly better. Plus, the PS5 looks like a Vulva.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

The bovine brigade tears would be epic...

Console sales would plumet meaning they wouldn't even have the Sales game to play anymore. ;o

BS Jive would still have no new games. lolol :P

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6050 Posts

There will always be gamers that want a console, hence the Xbox Sales.

But those that could afford it would jump to PC in a second if PlayStation and Xbox games went to PC Day one.

If I could be arsed I'd sell my PS and Xbox and build a PC now, but I don't play enough to make me want to and my work Dell XPS plays PC games good enough.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen: Some people just prefer gaming on a console. This would be nothing but a big ol' "W" for Sony if they do Day 1 On PC.

They make more money on the games than they do the hardware.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Some people just prefer gaming on a console. This would be nothing but a big ol' "W" for Sony if they do Day 1 On PC.

They make more money on the games than they do the hardware.

When you do, you must give me a reason why this is the case. And your "i sit all day on a computer for work, i don't want to do that at home when gaming" isn't valid because there's a bunch of people that are working on computers, and have no issue playing on a pc.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8272 Posts
@last_lap said:

@davillain: Nah Sony would lose money putting its games on PC the same day as PS5. I mean how many times have you double dipped? That's where their money is. Getting people (Hermits) to pay for the same game twice, they can't do that with a dual release.

you seriously think the "real money" is getting PC gamers (who already own a console) to double-dip on a game they already own?.. that's an incredibly narrow demographic..

i'd argue Sony is losing the real money by not capitalizing on PC software sales when the marketing and hype for those PlayStation Studios titles are at their highest; i.e. during the launch window..

imo, it's not a question of "if" PlayStation games are going to PC Day One, it's a question of "when"..

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

It will be as shyt as Xbox if that happens

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Probably, although I do miss my gaming PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#39 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Probably, although I do miss my gaming PC.

You should have invested in the PC over the Series S.😮

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17852 Posts

I currently don't have a PS5 and didn't have a PS4. I have no problem waiting for Sony to bring their games to the PC currently. I feel little incentive to pick up a PS5 currently. So if their games came to the PC day one then i would have even less incentive.

I did pick up a Dualsense controller though as Sonys ports do support it. It's a nice controller too in fairness. They did good. hopefully more PC games will take advantage of it. I'd certainly like a racing game that uses it's unique features.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ENI232

@hardwenzen:

Dual sense has power beyond imagination and beyond you pietransgelos. Stick to your mouse clicks and keyboardz.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hardwenzen

@eni232 said:

@hardwenzen:

Dual sense has power beyond imagination and beyond you pietransgelos. Stick to your mouse clicks and keyboardz.

Couldn't agree more, honestly.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Last_Lap

@Antwan3K: C'mon man look at it from a business standpoint. If you can make someone buy your hardware then your software TWICE at full price then you're smart. Putting them on PC the same day as PS5 just kills your sales like MS has done with Xbox.

Sony would have to be dumb to follow in .S footsteps on this one.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@eni232 said:

Why wouldn't I. PC costs more and consoles each gen have something unique tech wise that gets implemented for devs to create with that can't be made on PC versions.

What? Was ray tracing , path tracing even available on consoles before PC?

Nvidia game works ,Hair works ,PhysX etc

SSD 4K 120fps

DLSS etc All this was on PC before any consoles. star citizen requires ssd to travel fast from planet to planet in real-time without loading and the game is open world

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Depends on what benefits there would be to owning a console. It doesn't sound like there would be any benefit, but I'd be open to it.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Antwan3K

@last_lap: from a business standpoint, having your games available to the widest pool of potential customers possible in order to capitalize on the maximum amount of launch marketing and launch hype is typically the best choice..

It's a proven fact that games sell their best at launch.. It's just that simple..

PlayStation is already putting certain games on PC Day One.. this trend isn't going to slow down..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@Antwan3K: You're right games do sell best at launch. and releasing a game a year or more later on a different platform is still a new launch, so they can get money from the gamers who double dip.

So Sony putting games on PC a year later is a great business strategy.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Antwan3K
@last_lap said:

@Antwan3K: You're right games do sell best at launch. and releasing a game a year or more later on a different platform is still a new launch, so they can get money from the gamers who double dip.

So Sony putting games on PC a year later is a great business strategy.

that "new launch" isn't the same after all the hype has died down and there's almost no marketing..

again, Sony is already releasing some games on PC Day One.. it's already happening.. they will continue to slow walk in that direction because it makes the most financial sense..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Last_Lap

@Antwan3K: The game is still full price and will most likely be bought twice as people have fomo. So they will make more money for staggering the release on different platforms

It being released on a new platform is still a new release and doesn't need new marketing, just re-release the same trailer and put PC at the end and post specs, pretty simple.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

I would probably still want both. Until a new store front or system is made with decent trophies, tracking, home screen, chat, and many other ease of access and user friendly systems are introduced I'll always pick a console given the chance. The day they are fully integrated with auto updates, no game tinkering, better ways to stop cheaters, and dedicated rooms that separate mouse and keyboard players from controller players there will be no reason for consoles anymore since those systems will be all encompassing.