Is CyberPunk one of the worst cross gen games of all time. CDPR are scum dogs now?

• 59 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8392 Posts

Some people hate Cross Gen and feel it holds games back and others are fine with it. Personally i like the option of a downscaled version if I don't feel the need to upgrade yet, I usually wait a year or 2 before upgrading anyway.

Lots of games do the cross gen releases and its completely fine imo. Both versions run, playable just one looks better. Like these games:

Then we have CyberPunk, the most pathetic looking cross gen release I think I've ever seen. This doesn't even count as a cross gen release, this is just a broken game lol

Runs like dog shit, they shouldn't have been allowed to sell this. CDPR is very scummy looking now.

They openly lied about how the game ran on these consoles right before release lol. I don't ever want to read about how amazing CDPR is and pro gamer they are. CDPR should pay people back their money themselves for lying this hard to people. Imagine how mad people who pre order 3 years ago to play on ps4 and xbx1 lol

What do you guys think about CDPR saying it runs surprisingly well on base systems? "Surprisingly well" must be a code word for "dog shit" lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70427 Posts

If any other company released a game in this state, people would have lost their shit.

• But its the savior of gaming so its OK, they going to fix the problems eventually.
  • Its the gamers fault for expecting this game to run on last gen consoles even though it was schedule to release last year.
  • No console version for reviews because we don't want reviews to be negative. PC only reviews.
  • No footage of game, only footage provided by CD Projekt Red.
  • "We are going to release a day one patch that would fix all the issues you stumbled upon during the review, so pretend these bugs will be fixed at launch"

🙄 Gaming has no standard. Folks give passes based on allegiance.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Did we need another thread

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Yeah, and no. CDPR seemed to take on too much. Upper execs took the blame and stated all employees would receive bonuses regardless of the MC score, as they allowed it to be released this way.

I think at some point, upper management should have cut their losses, by either cancelling the game for base consoles, or drastically reducing launch-price.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

You will get the defence force soon, but the articles paint them in a really shitty way.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SargentD

@Pedro said:

If any other company released a game in this state, people would have lost their shit.

• But its the savior of gaming so its OK, they going to fix the problems eventually.
  • Its the gamers fault for expecting this game to run on last gen consoles even though it was schedule to release last year.
  • No console version for reviews because we don't want reviews to be negative. PC only reviews.
  • No footage of game unless its approved prior to launch date
  • "We are going to release a day one patch that would fix all the issues you stumbled upon during the review, so pretend these bugs will be fixed at launch"

🙄 Gaming has no standard. Folks give passes based on allegiance.

100% on point

it's disgusting, hope CDPR get raked over the coals for this one.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Scum all the way. Shady shit like only allowing PC versions to be reviewed, then lying to the public saying that last gen console versions were looking good, making their employees crunch...all equals scum...and that's on top of bad voice acting xD

Cyberbug 1977 is more like it

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SargentD

@Duckyindiana said:

Did we need another thread

considering the 9 years of hype, i think there should be even more threads!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44558 Posts

It doesn’t take long to go from hero to zero. 😅

Yeah CDPR definitely screwed up big time with this. Launching a game in this state is simply unacceptable. Taking down videos of people playing the console versions, only allowing the PC version to be reviewed, and telling people that the base console versions run “surprisingly well” is also unacceptable.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#10 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17913 Posts

What CDPR has done is unacceptable. While I still respect the quality of their work (when it is actually complete), I no longer hold them in high regard for their business practices and PR. They are full of shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Seems like a lot of PS4 players are having bad experiences with CP.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Massive red flags when no console versions were even seen by press right up to launch. Forced review footage from CDPR is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. No doubt if reviewers hadn't agreed to this they wouldn't have got code. Disgusting really.

I was holding off on getting the game till I finally get everything I need for my new PC but I'm now reluctant to support CDPR as a company in any way. I'll buy it when it's on sale.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39732 Posts

No, but they should have delayed it until next year if needed. They should have done what Lord Miyasaki is doing with Elden Ring. Don't show anything until the game is close to being done and polished. Announce the release date when the game is pretty much done.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56424 Posts
@BassMan said:

What CDPR has done is unacceptable. While I still respect the quality of their work (when it is actually complete), I no longer hold them in high regard for their business practices and PR. They are full of shit.

I'll tell you what's unacceptable, not releasing PC (Stadia release is also fine) first when we all know its the best wat to play it right now but nope, CDPR had to release the console version as well to maximize the profit. Releasing the console version last do it on next-gen hardware would have save CDPR reputation more so. Last-gen consoles just proves you cannot run current AAA games. Also, I never held them as a Saint, they're just another developer to me who makes okay games.

@louixiii said:

Scum all the way. Shady shit like only allowing PC versions to be reviewed, then lying to the public saying that last gen console versions were looking good, making their employees crunch...all equals scum...and that's on top of bad voice acting xD

CDPR blocked console reviewers before release to hide away how bad the console version is so everybody had to do PC reviews instead. And most won't bother making two reviews but limits it to 1. There are a couple console reviews on metacritic though and they all pretty much say don't buy the game until next-gen upgrades at the very least. The funny thing about all of this is, there was thoroughly shameful review embargo for the game, that not only stopped reviewers from using their own game footage, but only gave out review copies to reviewers with high-end PCs. No console review copies were distributed and I can see why. CDPR really enter a new low lol.

(I have a good high-end PC and while I'm enjoying the game myself, I feel sorry for last-gen players)

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

CDPR had so much goodwill with the gaming community it's baffling they would throw it all away by trying to deceive people with reviews. What other reason is there for only allowing PC versions to be reviewed and forcing only CDPR supplied footage to be used other than to bait-and-switch PS4/One players?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Yes

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23729 Posts

Seems to be a real shit show, not much to add that hasn't been said. Glad I wasn't looking forward to this one, but feel for those who were.

Just another reason why these companies shouldn't announce games soooooo fucking far in advance. Setting expectations, locking themselves into commitments. Just wait until your game is almost ready, then hit the reveal button.

Regardless of that, CDPR could (and should) have done better.

Side note, yet another indictment on worshiping scores. All those 10/10s lol

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1010 Posts

Looks amazing on my RTX 3070/3900X so I'm good. If you're still rocking a VCR Xbone or a PS4 Amateur then blame yourself. Also the PS3 to PS4 gen had a sizable GPU jump but the CPU didn't increase much at all making cross gen easier.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2260 Posts

Still one of my favorite developers, that being said I doubt I will preorder another of their games ever again and it is one hell of throwing away tons of goodwill in the gaming community...

Game is a mess on pc aswell and personally I have shelved it until it has been fixed... still pretty sure this will be my goty of 2021

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

At the end of the day, they're still a profit-driven company and the devs themselves might have been forced to release the game so as to make money. It's a really shitty situation for everyone. The game really needed to be delayed, but most gamers are also crybabies who'd bitch about another delay.

All in all, they'd lose less if they release the game in its state now then patch it later THAN delay the release again.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

Looks amazing on my RTX 3070/3900X so I'm good. If you're still rocking a VCR Xbone or a PS4 Amateur then blame yourself. Also the PS3 to PS4 gen had a sizable GPU jump but the CPU didn't increase much at all making cross gen easier.

It's not a cross gen game, though. Stop fooling yourself, the next gen enhancements aren't even available yet. This is a PC/PS4/Xbox One multiplat through and through. People playing this game on PS5 and Series X are playing the previous gen version. The excuses people are making are getting out of hand...

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

This is weird because people in SW taught me that games are built from the base hardware and then scaled up. I'm sure science will take many years before it can find an answer to this mystery.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3258 Posts

The sad thing is Watch Dogs Legion has better traffic A.I than Cyberpunk 2077 does. Yeah I can't believe that I'm praising Ubisoft here.

Loading Video...

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

Lots of lead paint huffing logic from fanbois blaming consumers for buying it on base consoles. The "works fine for me" PC brigade and poor shaming in full force.

It may be a scummy company, but fannies seem a lot worse.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

This game took so long to come out, that when i see this kind of AI, it reminds me of Crackdown 1 days. In some aspects it may look like a next gen game, and in others it looks like its more than one generation behind.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen
@jasonofa36 said:

At the end of the day, they're still a profit-driven company and the devs themselves might have been forced to release the game so as to make money. It's a really shitty situation for everyone. The game really needed to be delayed, but most gamers are also crybabies who'd bitch about another delay.

All in all, they'd lose less if they release the game in its state now then patch it later THAN delay the release again.

The most intelligent thing to do is give no release dates until the game is completely done, and what's left to do is just polishing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lundy86_4

The AI is straight-up shit... I ran a mission with Judy, and she glitched/ran through the level with nobody shooting... It was TLoU Ellie bad.

Though, to be fair, I had a "citizen" honk at me, even though I was half off the road, and the oncoming lane had no traffic. To be frank, I don't think Polish people know how to drive... JK, quite a few of my friends are Polish immigrants.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JasonOfA36

@lundy86_4 said:

The AI is straight-up shit...

YES. **** yes. The police spawn behind you too when you do a crime. It's an open-world game that doesn't give you the freedom an open-world game gives.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JasonOfA36

@hardwenzen said:
@jasonofa36 said:

The most intelligent thing to do is give no release dates until the game is completely done, and what's left to do is just polishing.

While I do agree with this, there's probably something more insidious behind. The shareholders probably couldn't wait a year or two more and just hounded the devs so they could scrounge up whatever they could to release a functioning game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lundy86_4

@jasonofa36 said:

YES. **** yes. The police spawn behind you too when you do a crime. It's an open-world game that doesn't give you the freedom an open-world game gives.

Yeah, you run over someone due to shitty car controls, and a crime is reported immediately. Though you **** them off quickly... There should be a scale between CB2077 cops and GTAV cops.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

All they had to do was delay the ps4/x1 launch.... it runs good enough on higher end hardware.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

What where they doing the past 8 years of development? PS4 and XB1 was just about to be sold in 2013. What's the excuse?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts

I honestly don't really have anything against cross-gen releases, I just think CDPR's eyes were bigger than their stomach on this one and they should have maybe gone with a less demanding game engine and focused more on art direction.

My biggest complaint right now--from a visual standpoint--is the glitches, duplicate NPC's, reused assets, and so on. I would actually prefer a less technically impressive looking game that ran better and had more variety relative to what I have seen so far.

This is another reason I have been so un-hyped over visuals for the past few years; the juice has rarely been worth the squeeze, as they say, and I'd frankly prefer developers take step back from their next-gen ambitions and focus on crafting a functional, quality game.

Last game I was impressed with by the visuals and satisfied by the performance was probably Far Cry 5. Otherwise, screw it; I'm playing Void Bastards and retro games and stuff.

Hell, I'd sooner play the original Deus Ex from 2000 than Cyberpunk at this point. I'd rather play Bladerunner Remastered from Westwood Studios (which hasn't existed for like 10+ years).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts
@AcidTango said:

The sad thing is Watch Dogs Legion has better traffic A.I than Cyberpunk 2077 does. Yeah I can't believe that I'm praising Ubisoft here.

Loading Video...

lol right? A month ago I was berating Legion for all kinds of problems but at least it is a [somewhat] solidly built game. Most of my issues with it are subjective.

Cyberpunk? The opposite.

I want to hate Ubisoft (and Legion in particular) but can't, and I want to love CDPR (and Cyberpunk) but I can't.

*sigh*

At least we still have GoG and its DRM-free goodness.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Gotta love gamers and their outrage lol.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#37 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Seems to be a real shit show, not much to add that hasn't been said. Glad I wasn't looking forward to this one, but feel for those who were.

Just another reason why these companies shouldn't announce games soooooo fucking far in advance. Setting expectations, locking themselves into commitments. Just wait until your game is almost ready, then hit the reveal button.

*cough*Platinum*cough*Bayonetta 3*cough*

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@davillain- said:
@BassMan said:

I'll tell you what's unacceptable, not releasing PC (Stadia release is also fine) first when we all know its the best wat to play it right now but nope, CDPR had to release the console version as well to maximize the profit. Releasing the console version last do it on next-gen hardware would have save CDPR reputation more so. Last-gen consoles just proves you cannot run current AAA games. Also, I never held them as a Saint, they're just another developer to me who makes okay games.

@louixiii said:

CDPR blocked console reviewers before release to hide away how bad the console version is so everybody had to do PC reviews instead. And most won't bother making two reviews but limits it to 1. There are a couple console reviews on metacritic though and they all pretty much say don't buy the game until next-gen upgrades at the very least. The funny thing about all of this is, there was thoroughly shameful review embargo for the game, that not only stopped reviewers from using their own game footage, but only gave out review copies to reviewers with high-end PCs. No console review copies were distributed and I can see why. CDPR really enter a new low lol.

(I have a good high-end PC and while I'm enjoying the game myself, I feel sorry for last-gen players)

Absolutely. Right is right and wrong is wrong and these guys knew that they needed a lot more time to finish this game. I'd say another 3 months would've done the trick...maybe 6 for last gen consoles. I'm all for games being pushed back as long as they deliver but if I was a game developer, I'd never do my fans or employees like that. I know why they did it though, because of of the holidays and all but still, it's just not right.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

This game came out too soon and on too many systems. Can't defend CDPR on that, they botched their own release due to their own incompetence.

The game is clearly too buggy for general release and IMO this should have been delayed for months if not a full year.

It's obviously over-ambitious for PS4/XBone, CDPR is shooting themselves in the foot by releasing it on those systems just for the sake of releasing it.

I still have faith they'll eventually fix all there is to fix about this game but that will take time and I was already not buying this game at the moment (for another reason). I'll be checking back much later to see how it is.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#40  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19687 Posts

It's hilarious how CDPR fanboys went from attacking GameSpot for giving this game a 7/10 review score (mainly for being a bug-ridden mess)... to review-bombing this game with 1-6 scores (mainly for being a bug-ridden mess).

Well, well, well... How the turn tables.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44688 Posts

I think everyone on here shitting on the GS reviewer for being one of the few to give an honest opinion and not buckle to the hype like everyone else did should give her an apology, especially the ridiculous ones here acting like she had some sinister woke agenda. Really I haven't seen such disastrous premature praise since No Man's Sky.

I am debating myself to get this refunded. Suddenly Ass Creed isn't looking so bad.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

@lamprey263: She reviewed the PC version i believe, not the shit consoles.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

*cough*Platinum*cough*Bayonetta 3*cough*

Long delays suck but at least Bayonetta 3 has only been a title shown and they're not showing a game that's clearly not ready to be shown or giving deceptive footage that misleads what the game actually is. CD Projekt really shot themselves in the foot with this one. Literal false advertisement in the most blatant form.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44558 Posts

Yeah it’s definitely amusing to see how things have turned out in regards to the GameSpot review being attacked to now where these people have actually now had a chance to play the game themselves. You shouldn’t be attacking people in the first place over these things but even more so when you have even actually played the game yourself.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lamprey263

@Chutebox: I think the prevalence of the glitches on all fronts distracts from issues of the game having fundamental design flaws

For instance what I find odd is if I play an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game and I go in someone's house and start looting it then I will get attacked. In CP2077, I can go into a gang hideout, loot their guns and ammunition and supplies in plain site they don't bat an eye or care even though they don't know me. In fact that's just about every place in this game, there's no such concept of possession you can take what from anybody thus far. Nobody much seems to care ever either if I plug someone in the streets either, not even cops Lot of this game just seems inconsequential like they some never got around to programming the finer points of it. My cars GPS tried taking me off road on my second or third quest of the game, a path I'd have to abandon the car and go on foot. These aren't glitches, it's an incomplete game.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@Chutebox: I think the prevalence of the glitches on all fronts distracts from issues of the game having fundamental design flaws

For instance what I find odd is if I play an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game and I go in someone's house and start looting it then I will get attacked. In CP2077, I can go into a gang hideout, loot their guns and ammunition and supplies in plain site they don't bat an eye or care even though they don't know me. In fact that's just about every place in this game, there's no such concept of possession you can take what from anybody thus far. Nobody much seems to care ever either if I plug someone in the streets either, not even cops Lot of this game just seems inconsequential like they some never got around to programming the finer points of it. My cars GPS tried taking me off road on my second or third quest of the game, a path I'd have to abandon the car and go on foot. These aren't glitches, it's an incomplete game.

Are these abundance of glitches only on the console versions? I haven't seen any major issues on the PC version so far (about 20-30 hours in).

As for shooting people on the streets, that's true for gang-affiliated enemies. If you shoot or run over civilians, the cops come after you. They give up pretty quickly, but it happens.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lamprey263

@Planeforger: I am playing on Ssries X and mostly seems fine, I get weird glitches I can ignore. Mostly problems I see are design problems.

So your telling me you get attacked for looting?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@lamprey263 said:

I think everyone on here shitting on the GS reviewer for being one of the few to give an honest opinion and not buckle to the hype like everyone else did should give her an apology, especially the ridiculous ones here acting like she had some sinister woke agenda. Really I haven't seen such disastrous premature praise since No Man's Sky.

I am debating myself to get this refunded. Suddenly Ass Creed isn't looking so bad.

Please no. Do not go this far.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@lamprey263 said:

Ass Creed is love, Ass Creed is life. 😛

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3258 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@lamprey263 said:

What about Watch Dogs Legion? 😆