Is "Spiderman Miles Morales" a true next gen exclusive that can't be contained on PS4?

• 176 results
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@kingtito said:

@gifford38: Cats out the bag dude. You might as well drop the act and fess up.

look above. i quoted something protoss wrote. why would i do that to myself?

@gifford38 said:
@sealionact said:
@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Oh Jesus, you're like an annoying Mosquito....moaning about what you think I said, complaining about every little detail.

"The Ps4 assets" are just that - ps4 assets...and when I talk about PS4 assets, it doesn't mean that there aren't ps5 assets made from the ground up too. Had I made a point to say "Miles is using ONLY PS4 assets...", you could have done your usual nitpicking. As it is, please don't pretend to tell me how to speak English....

Example for Clowns. "Johnny used a screwdriver when he built the house" doesn't mean he uses only a screwdriver....

Stop is not the first time i quote you about the whole assets crap,you are constantly trying to imply the game simply use PS4 assets when you know it doesn't period no level of damage control will change that.

Go take some grammar classes. Come back. Then debate.

really you need to make in front of me for the way i type. thats your comeback? im typing fast because im at work. i don't spend all day here while im working. i type fast because i have things to do.

Umm sorry dude but ^^^^^^^^^^^ just outed you. Accept it and move on. Don't make it worse

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@kingtito said:
@gifford38 said:
@kingtito said:

@gifford38: Cats out the bag dude. You might as well drop the act and fess up.

look above. i quoted something protoss wrote. why would i do that to myself?

@gifford38 said:
@sealionact said:
@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Oh Jesus, you're like an annoying Mosquito....moaning about what you think I said, complaining about every little detail.

"The Ps4 assets" are just that - ps4 assets...and when I talk about PS4 assets, it doesn't mean that there aren't ps5 assets made from the ground up too. Had I made a point to say "Miles is using ONLY PS4 assets...", you could have done your usual nitpicking. As it is, please don't pretend to tell me how to speak English....

Example for Clowns. "Johnny used a screwdriver when he built the house" doesn't mean he uses only a screwdriver....

Stop is not the first time i quote you about the whole assets crap,you are constantly trying to imply the game simply use PS4 assets when you know it doesn't period no level of damage control will change that.

Go take some grammar classes. Come back. Then debate.

really you need to make in front of me for the way i type. thats your comeback? im typing fast because im at work. i don't spend all day here while im working. i type fast because i have things to do.

Umm sorry dude but ^^^^^^^^^^^ just outed you. Accept it and move on. Don't make it worse

what ever im neither potus or tomatoes. how can i prove this is there a way?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@gifford38: Well hop on your other account and proclaim your innocence. It's the only way

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#154 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts

@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

@sealionact: Why would it need to be made from the ground up?

You're saying that instead of taking let's say the Empire State building and, improving the polygon mesh and, improving the normal maps etc ... they have to redo it from scratch? Do they need to completely redo their metal shader while they're at it? What if they already have 8k variants of their metal textures?

Where do you draw the line?

---

You're making up an arbitrary requirement.

I'm saying there's a reason Insomniac are not calling it Spiderman 2. It's an enhanced version of a ps4 game, and Spiderman 2 hopefully won't go down that route.

It's not a sequel. That's why it's not called Spiderman 2.

And I'm sorry but, calling it an "enhanced version of a ps4 game" doesn't make it true.

It's a standalone game with all of these new things:

---

- New protagonist with new abilities (gameplay mechanics)

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

- New characters models, textures etc.

- Dynamic Day / Night and Weather System

- DualSense and, 3D Audio Integration

---

I'm not sure how anyone can shrugs these off and, act like they aren't fundamental changes.

It's not an enhanced or, upgraded game ... it's a brand new game ... only on PS5.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Gifford38

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

You're saying that instead of taking let's say the Empire State building and, improving the polygon mesh and, improving the normal maps etc ... they have to redo it from scratch? Do they need to completely redo their metal shader while they're at it? What if they already have 8k variants of their metal textures?

---

I'm saying there's a reason Insomniac are not calling it Spiderman 2. It's an enhanced version of a ps4 game, and Spiderman 2 hopefully won't go down that route.

And I'm sorry but, calling it an "enhanced version of a ps4 game" doesn't make it true.

---

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

---

I'm not sure how anyone can shrugs these off and, act like they aren't fundamental changes.

It's not an enhanced or, upgraded game ... it's a brand new game ... only on PS5.

yeah i know. why can't anyone think straight here. all next gen games will have this over last gen.

its like calling hzd2 a last gen game because it uses the same engine as hzd1.

most companys will use what the built this gen and add next gen features to there next game. god of war will use what they made from the first one as well.

if developers made new engines with every game we have no were as many games that we have.

also does this mean we can call death stranded a hzd1 game because it uses the same engine?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9838 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

---

---

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

---

How is anything in that list a "fundamental change" apart from RT? I started off by saying that this an enhanced ps4 game, and you just listed the enhancements.....

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@clone01 said:
@gifford38 said:
@clone01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

How is it an expansion dude wtf? Miles Morales isn't anything like Peter Parker's Spiderman. He's a completely different character, different villains, different attitude. This isn't your mommas Spiderman 2 with Peter Parker again.

Its a fresh unique game from insomniac one of the greatest developers of all time. DLC was like when they added a new horse or a building in Sunset overdrive thats DLC a new building within in the same game.

You see the difference this isn't in that same world even its not adding new buildings to the same game.

This is a fresh new game with a completely different character and story to boot. I'm sorry dude its not your expansion its not even able to run on PS4 let alone be in the same ballpark wake up man.

Why are you like this?

because lemming saying taking the base game and adding next gen to it is not next gen. but yet isn't that what next gen is? developers taking what they worked on from there game they made for the ps4 or xbox one and adding next gen features to there game engine. unless the company decides to start from scratch and use a new engine from another company for there game.

they think just because its next gen they all throw away there game engine from last gen and not use it.

spidey 2 will be using ps4 game engine as well and adding 10 teraflop treatment.

remember spiderman 1 came out in 2018 so its plenty of time to get there engine running on ps5 dev kit and adding next gen features to it. then they will make miles and have it ready to start spiderman 2.

even it is not a full game there still going to get there engine ready for next gen.

thanks for the input, protoss.

I think its so funny you think im protos. im no alt how many times do i need to tell you?

sure thing bro. and actually you are an alt. you said so yourself.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts

@sealionact: "and you just listed the enhancements....."

lol

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Gifford38

@clone01 said:
@gifford38 said:
@clone01 said:
@gifford38 said:
@clone01 said:

Why are you like this?

because lemming saying taking the base game and adding next gen to it is not next gen. but yet isn't that what next gen is? developers taking what they worked on from there game they made for the ps4 or xbox one and adding next gen features to there game engine. unless the company decides to start from scratch and use a new engine from another company for there game.

they think just because its next gen they all throw away there game engine from last gen and not use it.

spidey 2 will be using ps4 game engine as well and adding 10 teraflop treatment.

remember spiderman 1 came out in 2018 so its plenty of time to get there engine running on ps5 dev kit and adding next gen features to it. then they will make miles and have it ready to start spiderman 2.

even it is not a full game there still going to get there engine ready for next gen.

thanks for the input, protoss.

I think its so funny you think im protos. im no alt how many times do i need to tell you?

sure thing bro. and actually you are an alt. you said so yourself.

yes one alt because i don't remember my old account and user name that i used over 10 years ago. but i don't have any more accounts. that so stupid that people need to make alts to make comments that back there other comments up. or to make them not look bad if there wrong. alt are for cry babies.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 clone01

@gifford38 said:

yes one alt because i don't remember my old account and user name that i used over 10 years ago. but i don't have any more accounts. that so stupid that people need to make alts to make comments that back there other comments up. or to make them not look bad if there wrong. alt are for cry babies.

yes, so you're an alt, bro. which apparently also makes you a crybaby.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Gifford38

@clone01 said:
@gifford38 said:

a crybaby because i don't remember my old account? i think your a alt with the name clone01 so what other alt are you cloning? see i can play this game to.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Can we knock it off with the alt talk? A lot of times non-alts are being called alts on here just to serve as some playground insult. And yeah - a lot of actual alts are here. I won't get into why/how this can be. But there are actual problems in the world to obsess over.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 clone01

@gifford38 said:
@clone01 said:
@gifford38 said:

a crybaby because i don't remember my old account? i think your a alt with the name clone01 so what other alt are you cloning? see i can play this game to.

sounds good, protoss.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 clone01
@xantufrog said:

Can we knock it off with the alt talk? A lot of times non-alts are being called alts on here just to serve as some playground insult. And yeah - a lot of actual alts are here. I won't get into why/how this can be. But there are actual problems in the world to obsess over.

so, take care of the alts. one of of them was f*cking featured in the lounge. Seriously, man, its ridiculous. they should be gone.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Nonstop-Madness

@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

---

---

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

---

How is anything in that list a "fundamental change" apart from RT? I started off by saying that this an enhanced ps4 game, and you just listed the enhancements.....

You're telling me a new protagonist, new villains, new gameplay mechanics ... aren't a fundamental change?

It's just an "enhancement"? You might as well just call every sequel and, new installment in a franchise an enhanced version.

---

There's literally no reasonable explanation as to why this game is an "enhanced PS4 game" as opposed to simply being a "PS5 game".

filthyn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

meh, **** spiderman,eh **** all comic book games and movies.

its overdone now.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Gifford38

@clone01 said:
@xantufrog said:

so, take care of the alts. one of of them was f*cking featured in the lounge. Seriously, man, its ridiculous. they should be gone.

he or she knows im no alt thats why. alts don't get to 1843 posts. yes there are some in here and its hard to control it. but stop calling me a alt. just because i don't remember my old account from ten years ago does not make me a alt creator. it does need to stop. alts are usually only in the 80 or less of posts. not 1843 lol.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Gifford38
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

---

---

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

---

You're telling me a new protagonist, new villains, new gameplay mechanics ... aren't a fundamental change?

It's just an "enhancement"? You might as well just call every sequel and, new installment in a franchise an enhanced version.

---

There's literally no reasonable explanation as to why this game is an "enhanced PS4 game" as opposed to simply being a "PS5 game".

he doesn't think next gen is not old game engines that is brought up to next gen code. he thinks every developer starts from scratch with these games. so adding next gen features to a game engine made for spidy is not next gen. even though most developers use there last game engine to make there new game. unless they scrap it and use say un5.

density of the city alone is a next gen feature. everything you listed are things that next gen will add to the games. just like ps3 going to ps4. or xbox to 360. next gen only brings next gen features.

does he not think it be easier to use the ps4 build or start from scratch? of course there going to use the ps4 version and work off of that and adding next gen features. just like gear 6 will use gears 5 and add next gen features. or cyber punk using the witcher 3 engine redengine.

does he think they will not use redengine next gen?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9838 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

---

---

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

---

---

Yes it's a Ps5 game by name, but the reason I - and many other gamers - refer to it as an enhanced ps4 game is because Sony are talking about how they have improved and updated the ps4 game....not how they've made a ps5 game. They've loaded the same City assets, and made some improvements to parts of it....other parts will look no different from the ps4 game.

"Many of the city’s assets have also been updated to take advantage of the new console."

They've constantly compared it to Lost legacy in terms of size, and seem to want you to know that this is a much smaller game than on PS4. That's why I think it was originally a DLC for Spiderman on PS4 that was switched to PS5 so that there would be a big name at launch....and that's clever. It was put together quite quickly, and will be available at launch. That's just a theory, but it makes a lot more sense than thinking that Insomniac intended for their big PS5 game to be smaller than their ps4 game.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 clone01

@gifford38 said:
@clone01 said:
@xantufrog said:

he or she knows im no alt thats why. alts don't get to 1843 posts. yes there are some in here and its hard to control it. but stop calling me a alt. just because i don't remember my old account from ten years ago does not make me a alt creator. it does need to stop. alts are usually only in the 80 or less of posts. not 1843 lol.

I wasn't talking to you.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@clone01: it's not as simple as that. happy to discuss offline via pm if you'd like

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Gifford38

@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

---

- New villains

- New mission types

- Native 4K resolution

- 60FPS performance mode

- Ray Tracing

---

---

Yes it's a Ps5 game by name, but the reason I - and many other gamers - refer to it as an enhanced ps4 game is because Sony are talking about how they have improved and updated the ps4 game....not how they've made a ps5 game. They've loaded the same City assets, and made some improvements to parts of it....other parts will look no different from the ps4 game.

"Many of the city’s assets have also been updated to take advantage of the new console."

They've constantly compared it to Lost legacy in terms of size, and seem to want you to know that this is a much smaller game than on PS4. That's why I think it was originally a DLC for Spiderman on PS4 that was switched to PS5 so that there would be a big name at launch....and that's clever. It was put together quite quickly, and will be available at launch. That's just a theory, but it makes a lot more sense than thinking that Insomniac intended for their big PS5 game to be smaller than their ps4 game.

doesn't mean it's not going to look next gen. the reason its smaller because spiderman came out in sept 2018. thats less than 2 years. but to take 2 years to update the game engine they used to make spiderman to the ps5 dev kits and give the engine that next gen treatment. then make a small game of miles. this way they get the engine up to par for spidy 2 when they start it and make money off of miles.

there using miles to get there engine to next gen. so yes miles will get the next gen treatment.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@bluestars said:

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Emotional

Bless

Sps4ider man Dlc is about as next gen as godfall....in other words....it’s not HAH

Held back for ps5.....you know it,I know it

And Halo Infinite was "held from" the SeX on launch.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Nonstop-Madness

@sealionact said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@sealionact said:

---

I think the major flaw in that theory comes from misunderstanding what updating assets really means today.

---

They aren't going to throw away serviceable assets when the world they're building (NYC) is always going to be the same.

(Spiderman will always be in NYC and, NYC will always have the Empire State Building etc.)

---

Ex. Lets say Spiderman PS4 has:

Empire State Building: 720p -> 4K textures; 100K polygon mesh -> 400K polygon mesh

Statue of Liberty: 480p -> 1080p textures; 25K polygon mesh -> 75K polygon mesh

How would you make these better if you were building "Spiderman 2"?

Empire State Building: Only keep 2K + 4K textures, 400K polygon mesh

Statue of Liberty: Make 2K + 4K textures, 200K + 400K polygon mesh

The Empire State Building "asset" wasn't updated but, it's much much better overall.

That same logic extends to even the most basic things like concrete textures. Why update concrete textures when you already have 4K textures? Just always use the high res textures. At the same time, maybe they want concrete to be 8K but, not wood. Ok, that mean they update the concrete texture but, not the wood texture. It makes no sense to create these psuedo requirements when making and using assets is way more nuanced than just ... "make a new one".

That is literally what they are going with this new game (and perhaps even more).

---

I honestly think maybe the disconnect is that people just assume everything will be updated in next gen games when that's very likely not true. A lot of it is going to be about dialing up everything that was already done.

BUT, that still isn't what makes a game.

Miles has the fundamental makings of a new standalone game (new protagonist, new mechanics etc.) and that on its own makes it much more than just an "enhanced PS4 game".

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1010 Posts

@Terrencec06: pretty sure Horizon Forbidden West, R&C, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne remake will all debut in the first half of 2021.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Isn't it running on the same engine? I'm sure they could have ported it to PS4 if they wanted without losing too much of the experience. But you can say that about just about any game in development, any game could be dumbed down for prior gen if you scale it down enough. With an open world game it would mostly be about density (of people, vehicles, etc) and levels of detail in the draw distance.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

The devs are also adding another next gen only feature "DualSense Haptic Feedback for Spider senses". The DualSense controller will vibrate where attacks are coming from, another feature that can't be done on ps4 and just another reason on top of all these others why it's not coming to the ps4.

We can't go back anymore.