Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

So, it seems Uncle Phil wasn't totally honest or at least transparent with us.

"I hadn’t intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum," Ryan stated.

"Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft’s proposal undermines this principle."

According to Jimbo, Phil only intended to keep COD on PS platforms three years after their deal with Activision expires.

Source

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Jim will cry even harder when he realises nobody is interested in his live service games.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9564 Posts

Stop calling him "Uncle Phil." I can't cringe any longer.

Corporate spokespeople calling each other's lies out by name is surreal. We all knew he was lying, but what a show now that Jim has stepped up to say so.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3117 Posts

Just put out SOCOM and some new shooters to fill the gap. CoD has been boring for over a decade, so just let it go. She doesn't love you anymore.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Did anyone really expect anything else?

As I said before, it is really not in the interest of both parties in a merger for them to be announcing any future plans, so all this "let's be friends" rhetoric is just performance. But you could always see the writing on the wall: Microsoft aren't paying $70 billion to have their biggest games go to other consoles.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34774 Posts

Forcing Sony to come up with new shit instead of relying on yearly CoDs sounds pretty good for the industry.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts
@Juub1990 said:

"I hadn’t intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum," Ryan stated.

"Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft’s proposal undermines this principle."

According to Jimbo, Phil only intended to keep COD on PS platforms three years after their deal with Activision expires.

Source

Phil isn't responsible nor required to announce the intricacies of the deals. Just like Sony isn't either. The deal that MS is going gives PlayStation Call of Duty for 6 more years before it's exclusive.

Not that cows care, right? They said COD is irrelevant.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KvallyX
@dimebag667 said:

Just put out SOCOM and some new shooters to fill the gap. CoD has been boring for over a decade, so just let it go. She doesn't love you anymore.

SOCOM > COD

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Let microsoft kill activision just like 343i and lionhead and rare

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Corporate spokespeople calling each other's lies out by name is surreal. We all knew he was lying, but what a show now that Jim has stepped up to say so.

Damn right, people need to stop idolizing CEOs from big wealthy corporations.

Now excuse me while I hang up my posters:

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Xbox fans hang on every word Phil Spencer and other Xbox execs say. Well, until they say things like they want Game Pass to be the “Netflix of gaming,” once Netflix is having financial troubles. Then they either misinterpret what’s being said, refuse to read the sources, or ignore it altogether. Cows have been conditioned to being lied to. So they take the misinformation better than Lems do.

Gaming has turned into politics, and I’m getting tired of all of it. I can understand the tribalism in politics to an extent, because policies impact peoples lives. But video games are entertainment. What other entertainment do people attach their identity to like this?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Phil is one of the biggest bullshitters out there, just some sad old puppet from above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@goldenelementxl: Try watching football (soccer to you lot)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KvallyX

@goldenelementxl said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Xbox fans hang on every word Phil Spencer and other Xbox execs say. Well, until they say things like they want Game Pass to be the “Netflix of gaming,” once Netflix is having financial troubles. Then they either misinterpret what’s being said, refuse to read the sources, or ignore it altogether. Cows have been conditioned to being lied to. So they take the misinformation better than Lems do.

Gaming has turned into politics, and I’m getting tired of all of it. I can understand the tribalism in politics to an extent, because policies impact peoples lives. But video games are entertainment. What other entertainment do people attach their identity to like this?

Reminds me of how cows hang on to everything Shawn Laden, Phil Harrison, Jim Ryan etc say....damn, I am losing track. Good thing they fired George Cacioppo from PS for being a pedophile.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Reminds me of how cows hang on to everything Shawn Laden, Phil Harrison, Jim Ryan etc say....damn, I am losing track. Good thing they fired George Cacioppo from PS for being a pedophile.

Jim Ryan has been a clown show. It is nice to see him calling out phill for lying his ass off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Jim Ryan has been a clown show. It is nice to see him calling out phill for lying his ass off.

They are both clowns.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

Still, seeing Sony get a taste of their own medicine, even if it's through something as scummy as the Activision buyout.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Every PS exec has been a clown show, as has MS execs. Maybe try to make a valid point before you defend lyin' jim ryin'

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@Juub1990 said:

Source

Glad that Jim Ryan exposed publicly Xbox idiot, Phil Spencer.

7 months ago, MS claimed that they GUARANTEEING COD will be on PS platform and it will stay there just to please FTC regulators..

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-tries-to-pre-empt-the-regulators-by-guaranteeing-cod-will-stay-on-playstation/

This is one step close that this acquisition will be blocked. UK CMA regulator were right all this time.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8411 Posts

Call of Duty will likely stay on PlayStation for the rest of this generation.. I wouldn't be surprised if CoD becomes an exclusive to Game Pass platforms in time for the launch of the next round of consoles though..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:

Call of Duty will likely stay on PlayStation for the rest of this generation.. I wouldn't be surprised if CoD becomes an exclusive in time for the launch of the next round of consoles though..

Yeah once this acquisition is completed here shortly, we will get a better picture. Sony has their work cut out for them.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 507 Posts

This dude doesn't care about the gamers, he's more worried about the loss of potential $$$. If he really scared why did he and his cronies take arguably the biggest fighting game franchise Street Fighter away from Xbox gamers to make it a PS exclusive. Now his bitch ass is crying about the same thing being done to him.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Antwan3K

@x_hedon said:
@Antwan3K said:

Call of Duty will likely stay on PlayStation for the rest of this generation.. I wouldn't be surprised if CoD becomes an exclusive in time for the launch of the next round of consoles though..

Yeah once this acquisition is completed here shortly, we will get a better picture. Sony has their work cut out for them.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the PlayStation 6 supports Game Pass..

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me either way whether they keep it on PS systems longer or make it fully console exclusive. Maybe MS sees it like Minecraft where it is too big and profitable not to have on other systems. It's also would be a big addition to Game Pass though, people can opt to pay $60 or maybe if they haven't already possibly weigh the benefit of subscribing to Game Pass.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:
@x_hedon said:
@Antwan3K said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS6 and the next Xbox are the last generation of the traditional console.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Antwan3K
@x_hedon said:
@Antwan3K said:
@x_hedon said:
@Antwan3K said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS6 and the next Xbox are the last generation of the traditional console.

Indeed.. like it or not, streaming will eventually be good enough for even hardcore gamers.. it's just a matter of time before the tech gets to where it needs to be.. consoles may still stick around as a niche for the ultra hardcore though..

i know, i know.. "streaming sucks"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Every time some CEO type says he has the gamers in mind, what he's actually saying is he wants to **** you, up da butt.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

I don't care about COD. Microsoft would have to purchase Square Enix to piss me off and that won't happen because Japanese companies don't play that shit.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

This paints a pretty pathetic picture of Jim Ryan, but hey this won't stop his legions of morons from kissing his ass and cheerleading the very thing they're hating now: acquisitions.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 956 Posts

As a PS fan I can only say this:

Its time for Jim Ryan and Sony to get a scare and learn to be more humble. I really dont like the greedy path Sony has been takin ever since Jimbo became president. F*ck him, He's the worst thing to ever happen to the PS brand

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts

Does that mean MS has no intention of making games multiplat as expected by multiple people?!

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Jim sounds like the cows on here, moaning about the cod players on the playstation but weres that concern for the FF players on xbox? Double standards at its finest

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts
@girlusocrazy said:

Seems dumb to worry about it. Probably some PS gamers care about CoD but if CoD departs non-MS platforms that will leave more room for 3rd parties, and Sony can always make their own FPSes if they care that much.

Some PS fans? It's probably the best selling game on PS and Xbox every year. And yeah, good luck with 'Sony can always make their own FPSes'. They tried almost for a decade, how did that work out? Besides GG is on record saying that they switched from KZ to HZD because Sony couldn't compete in the FPS arena against games like BF, CoD etc.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Jim Ryan is a compulsive liar,and to call someone out for telling porkies is priceless.

Jim's crying lying Ryan 🤣🤣

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@vatususreturns: It's not just Jim. Sony is literally crying about the same crap THEY have been doing since the PSOne.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

@goldenelementxl: Try watching football (soccer to you lot)

They flop around and pretend to be hurt too much. I feel embarrassed for them…

My oldest is starting to get into soccer. Hopefully it’s just a phase

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

I would feel bad for Playstation players if not for the tons and tons of 3rd party games Sony has paid to keep off of Xbox.

How can Jim not be a hypocrite considering he has kept tons of games from Xbox.

Even if you consider CoD in a tier by itself, if you group all of the other exclusive deals together I would imagine they would outweigh Call of Duty.

FF14 alone is a huge exclusive deal

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

They flop around and pretend to be hurt too much. I feel embarrassed for them…

My oldest is starting to get into soccer. Hopefully it’s just a phase

That's one of the worst things about the sport. I can even stomach the NBA with the disgusting flopping but association football takes it to a whole new level of ridiculous where dudes who aren't even injured get carried off on a stretcher.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

I don't like Jim Ryan but I can't overlook Phil is being a snake so yeah. Truth be told, that's every big organization.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

Jim Ryan is just sad that his wallet isn’t as big as Phil’s. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

Sony crying foul despite having a contractual agreement for preferential treatment with COD....😂🤣.

"It is not fair that MS gets to do what we do except on a larger scale. Waaaah!"

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 956 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@vatususreturns: It's not just Jim. Sony is literally crying about the same crap THEY have been doing since the PSOne.

Not really. It has been a known fact that most 3rd parties went exclusive on the PS1 days more because of CD space and cost of manufacturing rather than money hatting. Sure, sony did it later on the PS2 days, like so many did it after but Nintendo fanboys blaming sony "paying" 3rd party developers to take away games from Nintendo back on PS1/N64 era is just misinformation

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

Jim was such a big casting error. Pathetic really.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nintendoboy16
@vatususreturns said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Not really. It has been a known fact that most 3rd parties went exclusive on the PS1 days more because of CD space and cost of manufacturing rather than money hatting. Sure, sony did it later on the PS2 days, like so many did it after but Nintendo fanboys blaming sony "paying" 3rd party developers to take away games from Nintendo back on PS1/N64 era is just misinformation

So, are you gonna overlook that since then Sony had been paying up the ass to keep Final Fantasy and Tekken exclusive to PlayStation consoles? FF especially (Tekken has long since moved on to being a complete multiplat since 6), because apparently, they have some strict rules with that IP despite not being theirs (Square and Nintendo even feared so during the development of Crystal Chronicles)? Yes, the devs were enamored by CD storage, but don't kid yourself if you don't think Sony weren't paying up the ass to keep exclusive content, banking further on Nintendo's f*** up. Damn it, they saw Lara Croft as a "PlayStation" girl despite being a multiplat series for the most part. FFS, Saturn used discs and only barely beat N64 in Japan and it's third party support was STILL a joke.

And you acknowledge when they did it from the PS2 era... okay, but no one protested them then. Not gamers, not the press. NO ONE! In fact, the only exclusive third party game that was protested wasn't a PS2 exclusive, it was a GameCube game first. One of that series that, technically started on PlayStation, but still...

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

Could be the conspiracy theorist in me but am I the only one that thinks keeping it multi plat would be in Ms best interest going forward. Cod could kind of be a Trojan horse to stay in the “loop” when it comes to Sony?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

I don’t get why Jim Ryan really cares. I doubt MS would stop selling CoD on ps5. Even if MS is making $120 billion an year, $3 billion selling cod per year is still a good chunk. Not to mention that they spent nearly $70 billion buying up activision, which is a totally different scale than the $8 billion spent on Bethesda.

There would also be a bunch of backlash on them and it would probably even end up hurting their brand for pulling the game from the PlayStation. Nobody wins in that scenario. You really don’t want 100 million PlayStation gamers pissed off at your brand. What MS will do is to charge $70 for the Sony cows while releasing it free on the Xbox. That makes way more sense profit wise and would demolish Sonys credibility more than anything. Heck, MS might even consider selling some Bethesda games on PlayStation. I mean, why not??

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

This is so pathetic. Jim Ryan has the resources to establish new IP's.

Stop crying and make a new fucking game to compete with COD...and then release it on all platforms to poach players from Microsoft.

Yes, pretty dick move to take a popular game off an entire platform for exclusivity reasons. I hate that. But now it's time to challenge the status quo, not whine about not being part of it.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

Could be the conspiracy theorist in me but am I the only one that thinks keeping it multi plat would be in Ms best interest going forward. Cod could kind of be a Trojan horse to stay in the “loop” when it comes to Sony?

Im sure MS will continue to put CoD on PS for the next 5yrs, the issue is Sony has enjoyed the marketing rights and the lions share of the MTX purchases. I dont think they really care about losing the game itself after 5yrs, what would hurt them the most is losing the MTX money after their current deal expires.

Sony currently has 70% of digital purchases of games and MTX, with a huge chunk of that being the yearly COD exclusivity deals and marketing rights.

They will lose that with this deal, only getting the game itself with no ability to run endless PS5/COD ads as they did all last gen

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts
@slimdogmilionar said:

I don't think it is conspiracy theorists at all.

I think most games should be multiplat and crossplay. Make it into one big pool of customers and then compete based on hardware, pricing, and service.

Selling hardware because of what games are available for it is a back asswards strategy and the customers lose out.

Obviously there will be some exceptions; consoles don't have the hardware or player base for a study sim like DCS World and such. Ultimately exclusivity, if it is to exist, should be the purview of the developer for logistical reasons, and there should be regulations that forbid publishers, retailers, and hardware manufacturers from essentially lobbying them to release their game on a single platform.