More likely to disappoint: Too Human or Fable II??

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2muchsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 2muchsoul
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I think it's Too Human.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts
Too human by far. That demo was average at best. I liked the visuals, but the combat just wasn't fun.
DarkerKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarkerKamikaze
Member since 2007 • 1011 Posts

Too Human

Fable 2 is going to be very good IMO seeing as I loved the first one.

ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
no one expects too human to succeed, fable 2 by default.
Voidance2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Voidance2
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
I agree with Slashkice.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

I think both will be good games.

The biggest disappointment will be Killzone 2. Well at least for cows because most understand it will fail with guerrilla as the developer.

Sackboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sackboy21
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Definitely Fable 2, not only does it carry much more expectation it also appears to be adding in alot of arbitary features which Peter Molyneux is famous for. Now to steal a previous quote:

It appears to be a game with a rather shallow combat system, for an RPG. The main story is meant to be around 12 hours long and the rest doesn't seem that interesting, I mean.. .a dog? Peter Molyneux seems rather obsessed with adding alot of features that don't seem to improve Fable 2's status as a game. For example, he constantly goes on about the dog yet from how he's described it, it appears to be such a minor part and arbitary part and doesn't really add that much to gameplay. Other things like a relationship maybe fun for a while, but with only a gesture based conversation system won't increase replayability. Buying buildings and becoming mayors/lords of city sounds good in practice, however have you heard how you earn money? You do alot of jobs which seem rather boring and eering on the side of MMO styled grinding or pub games, which don't seem to be a great way to make money. There is a third option which is play co-op in someone elses' game world, however this is obviously bought down by the shallow combat system. There might be replay value in playing through the game again as an evil/good character, however Peter Molyneux has never been good in regards to choices most of them being simply arbitary choices with little impact if history is our judge. In fable 1, most of the decisions were binary and if you saved at several points in the game you simply load it up and see how the other action ends up. And for an RPG, don't expect the story to be that good. Peter Molyneux is a rather poor storytelling. In a nutshell, the game seems solid but bogged down by some apparently poor gameplay choices (breadcrumbs instead of Minimap? PM.. it's just not as flexible) backed up by several arbitary features which add little to the end product.

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts

Both seem like flops..

an RPG 12hrs in length?...come on.

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts
They both look like garbage but Too Human should be worse.
I1yodsyo1I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 I1yodsyo1I
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
Too Human
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

I think it's Too Human.2muchsoul

why are any of these likely to disapoint?

Hardly anyone cares about too human

and the Molyneux hype machine for this game is nowhere near what it was for his past games

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 st1ka

Both seem like flops..

Adonymous

Oblivion is only 10 hours give or take

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Adonymous
[QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

st1ka

Oblivion sucked too.

Side-Quests should not make up 90% of a game...period.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

Adonymous

Oblivion sucked too.

ok, just wanted to make sure eveyone knew this before we get a barrage of "LOLZ ONLY 12 hours"

BTW mass effect was only 15 hours i believe

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Adonymous
[QUOTE="Adonymous"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

st1ka

Oblivion sucked too.

ok, just wanted to make sure eveyone knew this before we get a barrage of "LOLZ ONLY 12 hours"

Well ITS IS only 12 hours long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Lol both games are horrible looking.

Too Human won't get more then a 7.5 so that's my pick.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

Adonymous

Oblivion sucked too.

Well ITS IS only 12 hours long.

yeah but if the sidequests are long personally i'm happy, if you're not then it's your opinion and i respect it, i just wanted to make sure you were not a JRPG only player as i have seen some bash Fable 2 because of its short lenght

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
Fable 2 is more likely to disappoint. Many people are expecting that game to be awesome. There are a lot of people who don't expect much from Too Human. If anything, their expectations are low for Too Human, and high for Fable 2.
stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts
[QUOTE="Adonymous"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

st1ka

Oblivion sucked too.

Mass Effect was under 15 hours even with side quests. Please don't tell me "30 HOURS!!! U DIDN"T PLAY THE GAME RIGHT!"

If you want a lengthly RPG look at the Witcher.

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Adonymous

yeah but if the sidequests are long personally i'm happy, if you're not then it's your opinion and i respect it, i just wanted to make sure you were not a JRPG only player as i have seen some bash Fable 2 because of its short lenght

st1ka

Umm...WRPGs used to be good...NWN had a massive story w/ many side-quests which I never got to do because the main quest was so long and satisfying, Baldur's Gate really long, KOTOR to an extent had a solid main story.

This new BS of WRPG's having 10hr stories, then a bunch of uninspired, crap side-quests (Mass Effect) is just that pure BS and lazy development.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

stepat201

Oblivion sucked too.

Mass Effect was under 15 hours even with side quests. Please don't tell me "30 HOURS!!! U DIDN"T PLAY THE GAME RIGHT!"

it took me 35 hours on my first playtrough, did you do all the subquests? including the rachni sub quest?(not the noveria one)

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

Adonymous

Umm...WRPGs used to be good...NWN had a massive story w/ many side-quests which I never got to do because the main quest was so long and satisfying, Baldur's Gate really long, KOTOR to an extent had a solid main story.

This new BS of WRPG's having 10hr stories, then a bunch of uninspired, crap side-quests (Mass Effect) is just that pure BS and lazy development.

I'm afraid this is a dying breed on WRPGS, personally i like both types of games but i can see where you are coming from

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts
Neither because I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to get.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

Adonymous
Uh last I checked they had to program the side quests as well, so how are they being lazy? Mass Effects may have lacked inspiration, but they were just experience boosters. What RPG doesn't have xp whoring? I'd rather have a side mission with a backstory than mindlessly whack sheep for an hour.

Whoever says both will suck is flat out biased or ignorant. Too Human's narrative alone will be worth the buy. Fable's co-op and LENGTH will be just as good too.
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
fable 2 I heard the main quest was really short. which is very bad for a RPG
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

hopesfall2own

Uh last I checked they had to program the side quests as well, so how are they being lazy? Mass Effects may have lacked inspiration, but they were just experience boosters. What RPG doesn't have xp whoring? I'd rather have a side mission with a backstory than mindlessly whack sheep for an hour.

Whoever says both will suck is flat out biased or ignorant. Too Human's narrative alone will be worth the buy. Fable's co-op and LENGTH will be just as good too.

hey get the quotes right, i didn't say that :)

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Adonymous
[QUOTE="Adonymous"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

hopesfall2own

umm...to be honest most of Mass Effect's side-quests seemed to be the same code just different text

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

IDK.

I keep on doubting Fable 2 more and more.

The combat looks like a button-mashing fest, the camera looks annoying and seems to ruin the atmosphere and the co-op would be good but you have to share a screen instead of being able to go to different places on a split-screen, while the story looks to be a run-of-the-mill unemotional and boring story like the last one.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 angelkimne
fable 2 I heard the main quest was really short. which is very bad for a RPGchansaet
12 hours apparently.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Fable 2 will be good, Too Human... not so much.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
[QUOTE="stepat201"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Adonymous"]

Both seem like flops..

st1ka

Oblivion sucked too.

it took me 35 hours on my first playtrough, did you do all the subquests? including the rachni sub quest?(not the noveria one)

Rachni sub-quest? Are you referring to the one where you find a group of soldiers being attacked by Rachni and you have to defend them for a while then destroy the Rachni nest which conveniently looks like yet another generic mine? Yeah, that wasn't very long.

Took me about 25 hours to get through Mass Effect doing all sub-quests. Course, I might've skipped a bit of dialog here and there...:P

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 st1ka

Rachni sub-quest? Are you referring to the one where you find a group of soldiers being attacked by Rachni and you have to defend them for a while then destroy the Rachni nest which conveniently looks like yet another generic mine? Yeah, that wasn't very long.

Took me about 25 hours to get through Mass Effect doing all sub-quests. Course, I might've skipped a bit of dialog here and there...:P

Technoweirdo

ya that one, the quest was pretty lame and generic but i brought it up because no one i know actually discovered that sub-quest on their first playtrough, it's weird i know so... i was just wondering if we were the only ones

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Well since there's really no expectation and big hype for Too Human so if it doesn't do good the disappointment won't be as much.

While Fable 2 is a highlight for 2008 so if it doesn't live up to the expectation there might be disappointments.

But I have a feeling both will deliver what it's suppose to deliver.

Nothing more nothing less.

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Adonymous

Well since there's really no expectation and big hype for Too Human so if it doesn't do good the disappointment won't be as much.

While Fable 2 is a highlight for 2008 so if it doesn't live up to the expectation there might be disappointments.

But I have a feeling bought will deliver what it's suppose to deliver.

ReverseCycology

Too Human was hyped to hell and back....lost some hype when demo came out...but still very hyped.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 st1ka
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

But I have a feeling bought will deliver what it's suppose to deliver.

Adonymous

Too Human was hyped to hell and back....lost some hype when demo came out...but still very hyped.

i see more bashing then hype, in fact most of its media coverage are based on the neogaf incident, and the bad previews (people for some reason actualy ignore the positive ones)

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angelkimne
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

st1ka

ya that one, the quest was pretty lame and generic but i brought it up because no one i know actually discovered that sub-quest on their first playtrough, it's weird i know so... i was just wondering if we were the only ones

Just wondering but have you downloaded the DLC for Mass Effect ??? It's called Bringing Down The Sky or something.

It's actually pretty good. But the brilliant thing is how while driving round outside you have a beautiful view of the planet right next to you. It is truly breathtaking. I spent 5 minutes just trying to get to the highest point so i could then enjoy the view from there.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

angelkimne

Just wondering but have you downloaded the DLC for Mass Effect ??? It's called Bringing Down The Sky or something.

It's actually pretty good. But the brilliant thing is how while driving round outside you have a beautiful view of the planet right next to it, since you're on a moon. It is truly breathtaking. I spent 5 minutes just trying to get to the highest point so i could then enjoy the view from there.

not yet, i still haven't bought any MS points, by the time i get some decent cash i always blow it on a new gam, today's game was Eternal sonata

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
Killzone 2.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

st1ka

That'd probably have to do with different star systems (Sometimes systems withing systems) becoming available after finishing each main quest. I decided to get all the unnecessary star systems out of the way on my first playthrough before I started the main quest so I missed it too. :P At most, it adds about half an hour or so unless you don't feel like exploring for artifacts and minerals.

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
I'd say Too Human. The demo didn't get me terribly excited. Fable 2 looks promising but I'd like to see a demo, I'm not sure they have one planned.
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

Definitely Fable 2, not only does it carry much more expectation it also appears to be adding in alot of arbitary features which Peter Molyneux is famous for. Now to steal a previous quote:

It appears to be a game with a rather shallow combat system, for an RPG. The main story is meant to be around 12 hours long and the rest doesn't seem that interesting, I mean.. .a dog? Peter Molyneux seems rather obsessed with adding alot of features that don't seem to improve Fable 2's status as a game. For example, he constantly goes on about the dog yet from how he's described it, it appears to be such a minor part and arbitary part and doesn't really add that much to gameplay. Other things like a relationship maybe fun for a while, but with only a gesture based conversation system won't increase replayability. Buying buildings and becoming mayors/lords of city sounds good in practice, however have you heard how you earn money? You do alot of jobs which seem rather boring and eering on the side of MMO styled grinding or pub games, which don't seem to be a great way to make money. There is a third option which is play co-op in someone elses' game world, however this is obviously bought down by the shallow combat system. There might be replay value in playing through the game again as an evil/good character, however Peter Molyneux has never been good in regards to choices most of them being simply arbitary choices with little impact if history is our judge. In fable 1, most of the decisions were binary and if you saved at several points in the game you simply load it up and see how the other action ends up. And for an RPG, don't expect the story to be that good. Peter Molyneux is a rather poor storytelling. In a nutshell, the game seems solid but bogged down by some apparently poor gameplay choices (breadcrumbs instead of Minimap? PM.. it's just not as flexible) backed up by several arbitary features which add little to the end product.

Sackboy21

Are you sure that's a quote?

No there 's no doubt Fable 2 will be much better than Too human... That last one is dead to me since the demo

trakem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 trakem
Member since 2002 • 3859 Posts
I was just going to say Fable 2 but I'm suprized by the comments. I was not aware that Too Human wasn't as popular here as I had perhaps expected. I'm saying Fable 2 though not so much because I'm so sure Too Human won't dissapoint as much as I suspect Fable 2 will dissapoint. I say this because Fable was average at best and a total piece of trash at worst.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Too Human A or AA

Fable2 AAA

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
Too Human but it's still a good game. DOn't know why people didn't like it so much.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
I'm not very impressed with either. If you liked Fable last year you'll like this one too basically. Otherwise nothing really special to attract newcomers.
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
Fable 2 is one of those games that Microsoft wants to make sure will have success, it probably won't do bad, who knows, they've been working on it for longer than we think, it probably won't.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
fable 2 imo, peter m......well, he likes to hype his own games too much
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points