biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Neil Druckmann has been promoted to Co-President of Naughty Dog.

Well deserved.

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/studio_announcement_dec2020

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17822 Posts

Is this a good or bad thing? If the guy is valued for for his creative talents, then it doesn't make much sense to put him in a more executive role. Just give the man a raise and let him do his thing.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

@BassMan said:

Is this a good or bad thing? Personally, if the guy is valued for for his creative talents, then it doesn't make much sense to put him in an executive role. Just give the man a raise and let him do his thing.

He was already Vice President and was still a co-writer and director of TLOU2.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45222 Posts

I'm guessing TLOU 2 sold really well.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8429 Posts

Him getting promoted to co-president of Naughty Dog is about as surprising as an SJW getting hired at Buzzfeed.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11126 Posts

Good for him.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17822 Posts

@biggest_loser said:
@BassMan said:

Is this a good or bad thing? Personally, if the guy is valued for for his creative talents, then it doesn't make much sense to put him in an executive role. Just give the man a raise and let him do his thing.

It sounds like they just have bullshit titles then. They use them to separate pay levels and give people a pat on the back and make them feel like they are climbing a corporate ladder.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Good for him I guess. I've stopped caring about Naughty Dog since they stopped Uncharted while making 4's multiplayer half the experience it was from the second or third's multiplayer.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8429 Posts

@BassMan said:
@biggest_loser said:
@BassMan said:

It sounds like they just have bullshit titles then. They use them to separate pay levels and give people a pat on the back and make them feel like they are climbing a corporate ladder.

Something tells me it's end-of-year awards season accolades. They want those awards, you know. What better way than to boost the prestigious image of the director than to show off that title?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Not gonna go digging through trash threads, but this is kinda funny given some of the comments on here from earlier this year. People thinking Sony would shut down ND or at the very least boot Druckman lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Good for him I guess. Not sure if it is good for the company, but whatever.

@BassMan said:

Is this a good or bad thing? If the guy is valued for for his creative talents, then it doesn't make much sense to put him in a more executive role. Just give the man a raise and let him do his thing.

Yeah, I like artists/creatives getting credit and their due reward, but I am not too keen on them being put into positions of authority or leadership.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

This will trigger the haters big time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69678 Posts

LOL after all the hate and threats of boycotting the game. 😂🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

A creative person who doesn't fears cancel culture should be rewarded. Good for him.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7307 Posts

Get woke go, up the corporate ladder?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39108 Posts

He has made the best game ND has ever made. TLOU2. Other than TLOU1, no other of their titles comes even close to the masterpiece TLOU2 was. They better make at least one expansion for TLOU2. I'd be so over this thing in 60fps on the ps5.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

Gross. Amy Hennig was the real naughty dog

MakotoNiijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MakotoNiijima
Member since 2020 • 121 Posts

Good. Don't have to worry about wasting money on games from ND again.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: LOL, I forgot about those comments. Somebody needs to dig them up and post a few here.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59062 Posts

The Streets Of Rage 4 guy should get a chocolate bar or something.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

He has made the best game ND has ever made. TLOU2. Other than TLOU1, no other of their titles comes even close to the masterpiece TLOU2 was. They better make at least one expansion for TLOU2. I'd be so over this thing in 60fps on the ps5.

Yeah please allow us to play the masterpiece TLOU 2 in 60fps.

And update the PS4 version of TLOU1 to 4K/60

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17669 Posts

Good. Perhaps he can hire a competent writer.....or bring Straley back.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Bad news for Naughty Dog - they’re obviously unaware of how mixed the response to TLOU2 was.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@Telekill said:

Good for him I guess. I've stopped caring about Naughty Dog since they stopped Uncharted while making 4's multiplayer half the experience it was from the second or third's multiplayer.

I preferred Uncharted over The Last of Us. They should give the directors of The Lost Legacy another job. I'd also be okay with the Uncharted series continuing with Chloe.

The Lost Legacy didn't hammer the characterization so hard at the expense of the adventure, like Uncharted 4, probably thanks to having different directors. The climax is the best setpiece in the whole series, in my opinion. There's more going on than in the similar one in Uncharted 2. Helps the sense of satisfaction and reward that it is at the end. It genuinely excites me. I found the puzzles better than in previous games, and the shooting mechanics in 4 and this are the best they've ever been. I also appreciated the gem that you can find that no longer makes searching for treasure such a shot in the dark.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

@makotoniijima said:

Good. Don't have to worry about wasting money on games from ND again.

My thoughts as well, Nijima-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
@Pedro said:

LOL after all the hate and threats of boycotting the game. 😂🤣

Wouldn't call it exactly a boycott for myself, but it wasn't a threat, for I still haven't played it and won't until it hits the bargain bin. Found the first game average, and knowing some of the things that happen in the sequel reduced my interest further.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16562 Posts

@Telekill said:

uhh, did anyone even play multiplayer....on any of the uncharted games?? I mean did it even HAVE a multiplayer option?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blaznwiipspman1
@hardwenzen said:

moronic comment. TLOU2 is pretty much a dressed up uncharted game. Even the character models, nd shamelessly ripped off of uncharted. Not to mention the game mechanics are very similar. Its almost a 100% straight rip off of uncharted.

The only difference is they changed the environment, and the way the game is played. Uncharted also depended alot on stealth and sneaking behind, but TLOU chose to focus much more on that than on the combat aspects.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

moronic comment. TLOU2 is pretty much a dressed up uncharted game. Even the character models, nd shamelessly ripped off of uncharted. Not to mention the game mechanics are very similar. Its almost a 100% straight rip off of uncharted.

The only difference is they changed the environment, and the way the game is played. Uncharted also depended alot on stealth and sneaking behind, but TLOU chose to focus much more on that than on the combat aspects.

What a moronic comment. TLOU2 a UC game 🤣
Doom Eternal Is DeusEx, actually 🤣

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Your ignorance of the series is overwhelming. It's had multiplayer since the 2nd game and I had spent hundreds of hours in both the second and third game's multiplayer offerings. They were phenomenal. 4's multiplayer was half assed. You could say Naughty Dog screwed the pooch.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

This will trigger the haters big time.

Good. It's their job to catch up to gaming in 2020, not the industry's job to cater to snowflakes who thinking crying on Reddit is the way to get what they want.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blaznwiipspman1

@Telekill said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Your ignorance of the series is overwhelming. It's had multiplayer since the 2nd game and I had spent hundreds of hours in both the second and third game's multiplayer offerings. They were phenomenal. 4's multiplayer was half assed. You could say Naughty Dog screwed the pooch.

I really only ran through the campaign. I didn't even bother with multiplayer, I just couldn't even imagine how it could work. Its surprising to hear that uncharted series actually had a multiplayer even worth playing.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

They cloned the character models, cloned the graphics engine entirely, cloned the gameplay mechanics, cloned the treasure hunt aspects, hell they even cloned the hint system. The only thing they changed is that one is a action/treasure adventure game, while the other game is a survival horror zombie apocalypse drama game.

In fact, if tlou provided you with enough bullets, by having the enemy drop weapons and ammo at the normal rate, then you could very well play the game like its uncharted, just spraying bullets everywhere without any worries, not caring as much about sneaking around.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

They cloned the character models, cloned the graphics engine entirely, cloned the gameplay mechanics, cloned the treasure hunt aspects, hell they even cloned the hint system. The only thing they changed is that one is a action/treasure adventure game, while the other game is a survival horror zombie apocalypse drama game.

In fact, if tlou provided you with enough bullets, by having the enemy drop weapons and ammo at the normal rate, then you could very well play the game like its uncharted, just spraying bullets everywhere without any worries, not caring as much about sneaking around.

Come on dude...

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8484 Posts

Well, that should be fun. Certain faction won't b happy. ROFLMAO!

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

TLOU2 was really fun, they can do something more about it but no need for all social justice stuff. Perhaps maybe some new games?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: Wow...I think I dropped a few IQ points after reading your drivel lol. Please though for entertainment purposes provide some evidence that they cloned TLoU characters and such from Uncharted, we'll wait.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

There goes another good game developer, I knew it was gonna be sooner or later but damn I didn't think it was gonna be like this.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1477 Posts

As long as he has nothing to do with the writing process I don't really care.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11616 Posts

So Druckmann goes from being the most powerful dude at ND to being the most powerful dude at ND. So nothing changes but a title.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@vfighter said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Wow...I think I dropped a few IQ points after reading your drivel lol. Please though for entertainment purposes provide some evidence that they cloned TLoU characters and such from Uncharted, we'll wait.

all you really need is 2 eyes and a brain. Anyone whos played through both series would know that they share a strong resemblence. I mean Joel looks like the older version of Nathan. I didn't say its bad that they copy and pasted a ton of code relating to the graphics and gameplay mechanics. I think it was a smart decision to do so...why do it from scratch when you have the foundation already set. Does GM rebuild their skeleton for every single car? No, they share the chassis between a bunch of different models to save costs.

Both uncharted and tlou are very solid in their own right, both are excellent series and excellent stories, excellent games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11616 Posts
@philemono said:
@fedor said:

So Druckmann goes from being the most powerful dude at ND to being the most powerful dude at ND. So nothing changes but a title.

Is there a different from being president from being co-president?

Pay.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter

@blaznwiipspman1: Ummmm...yeah they share the same game engine, but that's not what you were trying to say earlier.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@vfighter: uhh, I said they practically cloned the game while changing the mechanics from an action shootem up game to action stealth game.

Nothing i said was wrong. I played all 4 uncharted games, beat every single one except for #2. I also just beat tlou 1, so I know what im talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

I guess the interest died off pretty quick after the first few weeks/days.