Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@firedrakes said:

Levolution

not like i use to be..... sadly. still far limited to hardware limits.....

Most certainly very limited by servers as well, possibly more so than hardware.

it sad people dont remeber the old game. when they first started doing it...

but when you want more detail, and player base. you got to do less pyhsics in a game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39706 Posts

@firedrakes said:
@hardwenzen said:
@firedrakes said:

Levolution

not like i use to be..... sadly. still far limited to hardware limits.....

Most certainly very limited by servers as well, possibly more so than hardware.

it sad people dont remeber the old game. when they first started doing it...

but when you want more detail, and player base. you got to do less pyhsics in a game.

There was more destruction, but the destruction itself was very blocky and didn't feel real at all. I am sure it will be much more realistic now.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Very cool looking trailer. Really dig the modern day setting. Will definitely give this a try via Game Pass Ultimate.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Lol $70 for an online only game.

I rather pay 70 for MP game than SP game. More bang for the buck. I can easily spend over 1000 hours in a good BF game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@davillain-: It is a milestone that Xbone/PS4 will be left in the dust for the first time, instead of just getting a slight graphical or framerate downgrade.

On the other hand 64p is where the franchise has always shined, so yeah, colour me intrigued on what 128p will offer :)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 hardwenzen

@Icarian said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

I rather pay 70 for MP game than SP game. More bang for the buck. I can easily spend over 1000 hours in a good BF game.

Well, firstly, nobody said that its a good BF game. There is a good chance that it will be mediocre. Secondly, its a matter of principle. In a game with multiplayer and campaign, the campaign portion is the one that's the most expensive to produce. Since its not in BF2042, why would it cost a full price? But its even worse, its $70, so what the ****?????? The last star wars game had no campaign and was $40, which is what this should cost.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Wait, weren’t people saying the new BF game was gonna be in Game Pass?!?!?

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Looks good,ww1/2 needed a break

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 R4gn4r0k

@goldenelementxl said:

Gameplay is going to get shown at MS' show next week, so who knows

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 R4gn4r0k

@simple-facts said:

WW1 needs a break? From what exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Icarian said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Well, firstly, nobody said that its a good BF game. There is a good chance that it will be mediocre. Secondly, its a matter of principle. In a game with multiplayer and campaign, the campaign portion is the one that's the most expensive to produce. Since its not in BF2042, why would it cost a full price? But its even worse, its $70, so what the ****?????? The last star wars game had no campaign and was $40, which is what this should cost.

I don't care how expensive it is to make. Only think I care about is how much play time I get. If I get 1000 hours from MP compared to 20 hours from SP, it's easy choice to me. I always value MP higher than SP for that reason.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:

That was just embarrassing. 30 yo Motley Crew music and absolutely absurd situations that reminds me of that Call of Duty video with snow mobiles and military men in action to Eminem music.

Total cringe.

They aren't actually that absurd. Pretty much all of those stunts were done by players in conquest gameplay.

Example:

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Starwars Squadrons did have a campaign, fairly lengthy one as well.

More than likely EA saw it as a smaller audience and reduced the price to make the net wider.

Battlefield is popular and gamers are easy to dupe with any old shit they want to do.

Probably got some right nefarious shit down the line to normalize their smelly GAAAAASSSSSSS

Publishers have got a boner for this and are doing anything they can to push it through.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Gameplay is going to get shown at MS' show next week, so who knows

It makes too much sense for EA to put it in Game Pass. The majority of the revenue will be from the paid season passes and cosmetics. Hopefully they realize this and put it in Game Pass. The $70 next gen tax has me worried though

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#115  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25064 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

More than likely EA saw it as a smaller audience and reduced the price to make the net wider.

Battlefield is popular and gamers are easy to dupe with any old shit they want to do.

Probably got some right nefarious shit down the line to normalize their smelly GAAAAASSSSSSS

Publishers have got a boner for this and are doing anything they can to push it through.

Even Halo will be better than Battlefield. Let alone Deathloop/STALKER2/Shadow warrior3/Dying Light 2 etc.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Even Halo will be better than Battlefield. Let alone Deathloop/STALKER2/Shadow warrior3/Dying Light 2 etc.

You're so weird, ghosts. Comparing a pure MP game to a bunch of SP games. I'm not going to ask why, though, because I already know the answer is some gobbledygook.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

I still don't know if I should buy Squadrons or not. The air combat aspect has always been my least favourite part of a Star Wars game.

Except for Rogue Squadron 1&2, loved those two.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#118 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70403 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

They aren't actually that absurd. Pretty much all of those stunts were done by players in conquest gameplay.

Example:

Loading Video...

LOL. That is awesome. Reminds me of the crazy shit that occurs in Unreal Tournament before the series died.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#119 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts
@Pedro said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Example:

Loading Video...

LOL. That is awesome. Reminds me of the crazy shit that occurs in Unreal Tournament before the series died.

This one is epic and adds insult to injury....

Loading Video...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#120 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They better show the US fractured up because that's where the US is heading with woke culture.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#121 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70403 Posts

@BassMan said:

This one is epic and adds insult to injury....

Loading Video...

That is where you

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BassMan

@Pedro: LOL, yup and why @ghosts4ever does not play MP....

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By hardwenzen

I have been wondering this for years, and i need help. Can someone explain to me why the fk EA is not using the main battlefield soundtrack instead of this zoomers BS or heavily modified BF soundtrack that barely sounds like the real deal? The original is perfect and iconic. Use the damn shit ffs. Its soo damn much better than the trash we've been fed with for so long.

Loading Video...
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen said:

I have been wondering this for years, and i need help. Can someone explain to me why the fk EA is not using the main battlefield soundtrack instead of this zoomers BS or heavily modified BF soundtrack that barely sounds like the real deal? The original is perfect and iconic. Use the damn shit ffs.

BF scores are great, but Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart is a classic song and I used to love it in Gran Turismo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

I have been wondering this for years, and i need help. Can someone explain to me why the fk EA is not using the main battlefield soundtrack instead of this zoomers BS or heavily modified BF soundtrack that barely sounds like the real deal? The original is perfect and iconic. Use the damn shit ffs.

BF scores are great, but Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart is a classic song and I used to love it in Gran Turismo.

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart is a classic, yes, but what is it doing in a BF game? This is what CoD has been doing for years. Play a song that everyone and their mother recognizes with a bunch of exlosions in the background and some celebrity (missing in this trailer, but i bet you anything that it will be present in the lauch trailer) on screen smiling and shooting at shit with more explosions. I despise this marketing. Holy shit i cannot stand it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart is a classic, yes, but what is it doing in a BF game? This is what CoD has been doing for years. Play a song that everyone and their mother recognizes with a bunch of exlosions in the background and some celebrity (missing in this trailer, but i bet you anything that it will be present in the lauch trailer) on screen smiling and shooting at shit with more explosions. I despise this marketing. Holy shit i cannot stand it.

It was integrated well with the BF sound in the trailer. I see no harm. I did not think of COD at all when watching that trailer. In fact, I haven't played COD in years as the series is irrelevant to me now.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3258 Posts

Doesn't look that interesting to be honest. Granted 128 players is pretty awesome, and I never cared for the singleplayer for Battlefield since they all suck so I don't mind that there isn't going to be one in the newest game. But the trailer doesn't excite me at all. I guess we will have to wait and see what the actual game will be like.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Background music should be just that: music in the background.

Not sure what it's doing in the foreground so much but I definitely hated the mixing in this trailer.

COD has been using pop songs way to much too, yes. I guess it's kinda like why companies think they needed sexy women to promote video games.

Association and all that.

But the worst, absolute worst thing you can do to promote a game is use crappy hip hop in your trailer.

And I don't mean good hip hop. I mean that really crappy kind of hip hop. It's loud, bombastic and overall doesn't gel with the tone of your game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

It was integrated well with the BF sound in the trailer. I see no harm. I did not think of COD at all when watching that trailer. In fact, I haven't played COD in years as the series is irrelevant to me now.

DAMN!

And here's a preview of what to expect for the launch trailer of BF2042. Enjoy.

Loading Video...

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 AcidTango

@R4gn4r0k said:
@simple-facts said:

I agree. I think that Battlefield 1 is the only WW1 FPS AAA game that I can think of while there are tons of WW2 FPS.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hardwenzen

@AcidTango said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@simple-facts said:

I agree. I think that Battlefield 1 is the only WW1 FPS AAA game that I can think of while there are tons of WW2 FPS.

Too similar. If you're tired of WW2 theme, you're tired of the WW1 theme.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Glad we're back to modern/near-future era. The last BF I played heavily is probably 3, and 4 somewhat. I'll re-up EA Pro and test the waters at release.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

Too similar. If you're tired of WW2 theme, you're tired of the WW1 theme.

I love how in Battlefield 1 new technology clashed with the old. You had cavalry on the battlefield, but you also had these fancy new tanks.

Also the Western Front of WWI is vastly different from the Eastern front. Where one was static and the other was more dynamic.

And lastly, DICE surprised friend and foe by including the Russian Revolution in Battlefield 1.

I love Battlefield 1 and it even made me more interested in delving in the fast and complex web that is World War 1.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen: See, that is just COD trying too hard. BF is more subtle and not trying to be a Pepsi commercial or something. Besides, it is not the first time BF has featured a classic song.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

@hardwenzen: See, that is just COD trying too hard. BF is more subtle and not trying to be a Pepsi commercial or something. Besides, it is not the first time BF has featured a classic song.

Loading Video...

Its direct competition is Warzone. Warzone zoomers are into those "pepsi commercials". You will see, the launch trailer (or possibly even sooner) will be as pepsi as it gets. For the sake of association, EA will be doing everything to get the Warzone crowd move over to their game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 BassMan

@hardwenzen: I doubt it, but we will see. All that matters is that the game itself doesn't turn into super arcadey trash like COD where everything is so sped up and ridiculous.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

@hardwenzen: I doubt it, but we will see. All that matters is that the game itself doesn't turn into super arcadey trash like COD where everything is so sped up and ridiculous.

Hopefully.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#139 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Battlefield is at its best when you run for 10 minutes and then get killed by someone you can't see over and over.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20240 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Hopefully.

Yeah that's one reason I couldn't play battlefield 1 and 5 for too long. I'm playing a game called Squad on PC and it's like what Battlefield should be but with less eye candy. I want the next BF to work like Squad.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#141 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pelvist said:

Same shit different day.

There are still plenty of other FPS coming out in the next year, anything else tickle your fancy?

Chernobylite maybe but I haven't seen enough of it to know for sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 hardwenzen

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Hopefully.

Yeah that's one reason I couldn't play battlefield 1 and 5 for too long. I'm playing a game called Squad on PC and it's like what Battlefield should be but with less eye candy. I want the next BF to work like Squad.

I played Squad as well, and i don't see BF ever getting to that level. They simply won't be able to chase the CoD zoomers if BF becomes this hardcore.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

I couldn't find a yawn gif good enough to justify how I feel about this...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By BassMan

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Hopefully.

That's not gonna happen. The closest to Squad is Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20240 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Hopefully.

That's not gonna happen. The closest to Squad is Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose.

I know but a man can dream, can't he?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By BassMan
@uninspiredcup said:

Battlefield is at its best when you run for 10 minutes and then get killed by someone you can't see over and over.

Sounds like you don't know how to make use of cover, use vehicles to cover long distances and use smoke for concealment. Got to be mindful of possible threats and sight lines/angles. Got to use your head.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AcidTango

@uninspiredcup said:

That and also when you're in a helicopter with someone who can't fly for jackshit causing everyone inside to crash and die.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Call of Duty shits all over Battlefailed. Always has always will.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I couldn't find a yawn gif good enough to justify how I feel about this...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BassMan

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Call of Duty shits all over Battlefailed. Always has always will.