NEXT-GEN graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

What do you think would next gen console graphics look like? Have we seen anything like that yet in pc?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
4D at 120 fps.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Bout like this
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

. clyde46
I really doubt that.. This looks almost real.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
if you're talking about what the 720 will pump out just look at what pcs are doing right now. The 720 will be a bit worse than that.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

A little above what the wiiU is doing.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

sailor232

If PS4/Nextbox wont be much stronger than what we have now, i dont think all the publishers would be spending so much time and resources making new engines.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

crimsonman1245

If PS4/Nextbox wont be much stronger than what we have now, i dont think all the publishers would be spending so much time and resources making new engines.

It won't be powerful than the Wii U by a large margin, Will par with Mid End PCs
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I would imagine Next Gen consoles to be around my 560TI power level. Would be surprised if they couldn't even manage that.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Look at wiiu games in the future look like and think of what they would look like if they were on a console 3-6 times more powerful then the WiiU.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

I think the first wave of games will match what we have on pc now except at 720p and 30fps. Will surpass current pc level graphics after a few years.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

What do you think would next gen console graphics look like? Have we seen anything like that yet in pc?

Alienware_fan

We first need to know what "Next-Gen" console graphics look like before we can compare it to the PC. Example?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 faizan_faizan

I think the first wave of games will match what we have on pc now except at 720p and 30fps. Will surpass current pc level graphics after a few years.

Cranler
Keep dreaming, As console games would keep the same level of graphics for so many years, New graphic cards will arrive eventually every 3-4 Months, And like always there will be some devs who would make magnificent games for the PC hardware just like Crytek did with Crysis in 2007.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crimsonman1245

Cranler

I agree with you.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Next gen people will be PC gaming at absurd graphix levels at 1440-1600p (some do that now), but on the consoles it'll most likely look like real life

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
4D at 120 fps.OreoMilkshake
Lies i heard it will be 5D at 9001 fps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Cranler"]

crimsonman1245

I agree with you.

I think key launch titles are going to blow people away. Visuals are what is going to sell these next consoles, as the current ones are capable of doing all the nonsense non-gaming stuff.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Dont care as PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Day fuking 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Dont care as PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Day fuking 1. Heil68
Calm down man. What happened to the reasoning you once had? I kid, and I know you're kidding to an extent, but to newcomers to this forum you give the impression Kaz Hirai has his shaft locked and loaded in your mouth.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I expect something on the level of Crysis 3 on PC. But I'm not holding my breath, especially in the resolution and framerate department. Even so, Crysis 3 PC level graphics on the next consoles would be reasonably high expectations.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care as PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Day fuking 1. Heirren
Calm down man. What happened to the reasoning you once had? I kid, and I know you're kidding to an extent, but to newcomers to this forum you give the impression Kaz Hirai has his shaft locked and loaded in your mouth.

(system) War(s), has changed.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

As amazing as Wii U graphics. I can't believe how amazing Wii U graphics look compared to those ancient current gen consoles from Sony/Microsoft. It's like CGI. ( ;

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clyde46
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care as PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Day fuking 1. Heirren

There was a Lemming who used to make posts saying he was going to crap on Sony products, posted a silly limerick about buying the next Xbox on day one. This is a parody of that.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emgesp

if you're talking about what the 720 will pump out just look at what pcs are doing right now. The 720 will be a bit worse than that.GunSmith1_basic

Actually you're wrong. The 720 will produce graphics way better than anything we've seen on the PC so far. Most PC games are just console ports with some added graphical features. The best looking games on the 720/PS4 will blow away FC3/Crysis 3. When Gears of War was released it was the best looking game on any platform. It wasn't until Crysis that PC had a game that looked better than Gears of War. You people can't compare PC hardware and console hardware. PC hardware is never fully optimized like console hardware is. A console with a GPU on par with a 7850/7870 would produce some incredible visuals that would blow away anything we've ever seen before.

The 360/PS3 are 6-7 yr old consoles and they are still spitting out some of the most amazing looking titles. Halo 4, TLOU, Beyond, Forza Horizon, God of War Ascension. Just imagine what a next-gen console will be able to do with 6-8x more power than current gen hardware.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Dont care as PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Day fuking 1. clyde46

There was a Lemming who used to make posts saying he was going to crap on Sony products, posted a silly limerick about buying the next Xbox on day one. This is a parody of that.

Ah, don't remember, but to be clear I respect Heli as a poster. That wasn't an insult. I recall him making very logical posts in the past, but lately every time I see him post it's almost that exact same phrase.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cranler
[QUOTE="Cranler"]

faizan_faizan
Keep dreaming, As console games would keep the same level of graphics for so many years, New graphic cards will arrive eventually every 3-4 Months, And like always there will be some devs who would make magnificent games for the PC hardware just like Crytek did with Crysis in 2007.

Reading comprehension fail! I said they would surpass current pc level graphics, I didnt say the consoles would keep pace with pc.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Cranler"]

Cranler

Reading comprehension fail! I said they would surpass current pc level graphics, I didnt say the consoles would keep pace with pc.

Still.......Keep dreaming, Lets wait and see.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22962 Posts
Dont care as PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. Day fuking 1. Heil68
dude you didnt here? It got cancelled after Kaz was found crying on a mountain of cell chips ruining the whole batch... wanna play borderlands tonight?
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 emgesp

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Keep dreaming, As console games would keep the same level of graphics for so many years, New graphic cards will arrive eventually every 3-4 Months, And like always there will be some devs who would make magnificent games for the PC hardware just like Crytek did with Crysis in 2007.faizan_faizan

Keep Dreaming about what? Crysis 3 is just a console port. It's not a next-gen game. You really think we won't see games on the 720/PS4 that surpass the graphics in Crysis 3? Hahahah, devs aren't fully utilizing PC hardware. If a dev made a PC game exclusively for a AMD 7850 and Intel i5 2500 CPU it would totally blow away Crysis 3 at full settings. Like I said before, most AAA PC games are just console ports that aren't fully optimized for PC.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cranler
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Keep dreaming, As console games would keep the same level of graphics for so many years, New graphic cards will arrive eventually every 3-4 Months, And like always there will be some devs who would make magnificent games for the PC hardware just like Crytek did with Crysis in 2007.

PC gamers with high end rigs are running half optimized games at 1080p+, 60+fps and 4xaa. The 720 will likely be comparable to a mid range pc. A mid range pc can max almost any game at 720p and 30fps.
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

Alienware_fan

basketball%20michael%20jordan%20chicago%

NBA2K15

ferrari-f12-front.jpg

Forza 5

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 faizan_faizan

All i wanted to say is that X720/PS4 won't be as beastly as the previous consoles were at launch was that hard to understand?:?

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/12/12/crytek-says-next-gen-consoles-wont-have-big-impact/
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/next-gen-consoles-will-struggle-to-beat-pc-say-industry-insiders/

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 emgesp

All i wanted to say is that X720/PS4 won't be as beastly as the previous consoles were at launch was that hard to understand?:?

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/12/12/crytek-says-next-gen-consoles-wont-have-big-impact/
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/next-gen-consoles-will-struggle-to-beat-pc-say-industry-insiders/

faizan_faizan
Next-Gen consoles won't need a GTX 680, or some kind of High-End SLI setup to produce visuals that outclass the best looking PC games out right now. Devs can do so much more on a console because they can optimize the crap out of it. Once new consoles are released then you will start see graphics really improving on the PC as well. Crysis 3 graphics will look ancient 4 yrs from now.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

emgesp

Next-Gen consoles won't need a GTX 680, or some kind of High-End SLI setup to produce visuals that outclass the best looking PC games out right now. Devs can do so much more on a console because they can optimize the crap out of it. Once new consoles are released then you will start see graphics really improving on the PC as well. Crysis 3 graphics will look ancient 4 yrs from now.

I agree with this. Once new consoles come out, developers can start utilizing fully DX11 engines, making even the best looking games out right now look dated.

Of course PC's will be able to play them at higher resolutions and frame rates than the consoles, but they'll be on par to start with (well, again on par but with better performance on PC), and then the PC will being to pull away yet again.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]if you're talking about what the 720 will pump out just look at what pcs are doing right now. The 720 will be a bit worse than that.emgesp

Actually you're wrong. The 720 will produce graphics way better than anything we've seen on the PC so far. Most PC games are just console ports with some added graphical features.

that's only if you take a narrow view of PC gaming and don't include mods (and modding is part of PC culture so that should be included).

Also, I'm not talking about the ultimate potential of the 720, just what they will do with in the first year or so, which will be a lot less than what they do later with it (like any console or tech). I think that's a fair limit to take based on what TC was asking. TC seemed like the interesting info was what we'll all see at e3 and in the days up to the launch.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

emgesp

Makes sense..............I was actually hoping that Devs will give PC more time than they ever gave to consoles........As you can see most of the new PC games aren't console ports they are well optimized DX11 capable games that also run well, If you go back and look at the multiplats released on PC in 2008 or 2009 they are absolutely SHIAT they look bad, They also run bad..............I thought since this is the first gen to actually not have a big impact than the previous devs like Crytek will make more graphically enhanced games on PC and care less about consoles.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 crimsonman1245

Watch Dog graphics at launch would be incredible. (Even at 720P/30FPS)

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cranler

faizan_faizan
Doesnt need to be as beastly. PC hardware is way beyond the software at this point. With proper optimization a freaking gtx 260 could max the best looking pc games at 720p.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Hopefully 1080p and either FXAA or SMAA since they don't big down performance much and will help clear up jaggies. I think Next gen consoles will look like Max Payne 3 on PC
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

crimsonman1245

That's a useless argument. They've been making new engines this entire gen too.

shaunmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42 shaunmc
Member since 2003 • 1957 Posts
I think there's probably going to be anywhere from two to four times as many graphics in the next gen.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cranler
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"]

faizan_faizan

Makes sense..............I was actually hoping that Devs will give PC more time than they ever gave to consoles........As you can see most of the new PC games aren't console ports they are well optimized DX11 capable games that also run well, If you go back and look at the multiplats released on PC in 2008 or 2009 they are absolutely SHIAT they look bad, They also run bad..............I thought since this is the first gen to actually not have a big impact than the previous devs like Crytek will make more graphically enhanced games on PC and care less about consoles.

What multiplats from 2008-2009 are you speaking of? Mirrors Edge and Far Cry 2 for example are still among the best looking games this gen. They seemed as well optimized as any recent multiplat.
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts
It's so sad that generational graphic leaps are always defined by consoles. Makes me ashamed of my PC
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Next-Gen consoles won't need a GTX 680, or some kind of High-End SLI setup to produce visuals that outclass the best looking PC games out right now. Devs can do so much more on a console because they can optimize the crap out of it. Once new consoles are released then you will start see graphics really improving on the PC as well. Crysis 3 graphics will look ancient 4 yrs from now.

What multiplats from 2008-2009 are you speaking of? Mirrors Edge and Far Cry 2 for example are still among the best looking games this gen. They seemed as well optimized as any recent multiplat.

I actually meant the poor poor console ports, Saints Row 2, GTA IV, DmC 4...........And the worst of them is Resident Evil 4, Believe me that game was so poorly developed i regret even buying it....It was horrible running those Poorly and Lazily developed Console ports but as PC piracy got decreased and more and more people bought gaming PCs dev gave a damn and released highly optimized games on PC.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 emgesp

It's so sad that generational graphic leaps are always defined by consoles. Makes me ashamed of my PCGioVela2010

Console gaming is where the money is at, so Devs have to develop games with console hardware in mind.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
I want my sports games and racers to be damn near photo realistic, specially racers.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]It's so sad that generational graphic leaps are always defined by consoles. Makes me ashamed of my PCemgesp

Console gaming is where the money is at, so Devs have to develop games with console hardware in mind.

Although that is part of it, there is more to making consoles for consoles. Chiefly, the closed system that consoles have. The devs get full control over everything. Thats why we have seen the rise of DLC.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 crimsonman1245

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

Zophar87

Sure, but not like this.

Square Enix is building Luminous engine for its Japanese teams

Square Enix is building Glacier 2.0 for its Western teams

Ubisoft made Anvilnext

Konami made Fox Engine

Epic made Unreal engine 4

Crytek continues to upgrade Cryengine 3

IDtech 5 continues to be upgraded

Valve is building Source 2.0

EA made Frostbite 2.0

The publishers know whats coming and they felt like these consoles will be so powerful that they will require upgraded engines. Just my opinion.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

crimsonman1245

Sure, but not like this.

Square Enix is building Luminous engine for its Japanese teams

Square Enix is building Glacier 2.0 for its Western teams

Ubisoft made Anvilnext

Konami made Fox Engine

Epic made Unreal engine 4

Crytek continues to upgrade Cryengine 3

IDtech 5 continues to be upgraded

Valve is building Source 2.0

EA made Frostbite 2.0

The publishers know whats coming and they felt like these consoles will be so powerful that they will require upgraded engines. Just my opinion.

Yeah, that's true. However, it doesn't really show how powerful the consoles will be.