Nintendo News: Switch 141.3m units, new Direct in June, and Switch 2 to be announced this year!

• 71 results
robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

Switch 2 needs to be backwards compatible and at least 1080p screen for me to take notice.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6442 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@last_lap said:

141 million pieces of overpriced junk sold, 61 million copies of a remaster, just proves there's a sucker born every minute.

Each generation of gamers keeps on getting dumber and dumber 🤦‍♂️

It is this type of elitist thinking is a reason why hardcore gamers get a bad reputation.

Elitest thinking, hardcore gamers, what are you on about?

The Switch is overpriced, that you can't deny, it was $500 in my country when it released, and 60 million people buying a remaster does make them dumb imo.

I'm just someone who doesn't give Nintendo a free pass like most of the gaming community.

Has absolutely nothing to do with elitism or hardcore gamers, maybe you should of asked what I meant by my post instead of assuming something you conjured up in your mind.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Last_Lap  Online
@mycatismilk said:
@last_lap said:

141 million pieces of overpriced junk sold, 61 million copies of a remaster, just proves there's a sucker born every minute.

This type of thought is disconcerting, personally. Most people seem to have the idea that if anyone enjoys something that they don't, somehow everyone else is the moron. There are so many factors to take into consideration, such as kids never having played any Nintendo game from times past. Many people also enjoy playing retro games, or remakes to their beloved franchises. I see nothing wrong with this. It effects me not, and more power to those who find enjoyment out of it.

I didn't call anyone a moron, those are your words not mine. However people buying remasters in their millions (60+ in this case) it shows the company behind them that they are easily milked, makes them dumb to these companies practices.

The Switch was $500+ in my country when first released, it was overpriced piece of junk because it was 2 gens behind current tech but sold at a premium price.

I hold all these companies accountable, and Nintendo get the biggest free pass from gamers on this site and in general.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@last_lap: While it's unfortunate you feel that way towards Nintendo. Perhaps they'll be able to change your tone when they announced their next-gen console next year.

One thing you can't say bad things about Nintendo is that they do make fun games that aren't cinematic driven games. They focus on gameplay.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Last_Lap  Online

@davillain: I doubt I will ever buy another Nintendo gaming device going forward, currently tech onwards I mean. I'm still looking for a NES to replace the one that broke in my collection, but nothing from the Switch onwards.

As a PC gamer you know they sold old tech at a premium price, the Switch was a rip-off when first released (I don't know about now as I don't actively look at Nintendo's prices regulary) and yes it's games focus on gameplay over cutscenes it's content however is aimed at children though. Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Pokemon etc are all aimed at children, they don't make any games targeted at adults.

And don't get me wrong as I've played a kiddies game here and there, but when that's all you pump out is gets tedious just like how Sony's games get because they're made from the same template.

If people love Nintendo's colourful kiddies games then more power to them, but I don't and I will voice my opinion about it, if people get upset about that then that's their cross to bare not mine

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#56 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44363 Posts

I don’t think Nintendo has ever sold their systems at a loss. That doesn’t make them overpriced. Kind of recall them making a marginally slim profit from each Switch sold. Nothing wrong with that. Definitely got more then my share of value from the system and their games.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45328 Posts

@Archangel3371: off topic, but Nintendo is our last beacon of hope for physical games.. The Switch 2 will keep it alive!!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44363 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: For now but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Nintendo transition to a more digital distribution with the Switch 2. Probably will have a digital only Switch 2.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SolidGame_basic

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SolidGame_basic

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

If this pans out, those are better specs than I would have guessed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70025 Posts

Speculation on specs is cute. Tell me what is the price point.😏

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: the Switch 2 is going to rek your ROG Ally 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70025 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Not sure how the ROG Ally relates to my comment but it is clear you are bitter.🤭

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23958 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@SolidGame_basic: For now but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Nintendo transition to a more digital distribution with the Switch 2. Probably will have a digital only Switch 2.

I actually doubt that.

Physical copies dominate japan's gaming scene. And Nintendo's domestic market is huge.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39426 Posts

Can we stop with the "the system is gonna be powerful" speculation? They're building this system for a granny and a child. Frame rate and resolution is literally unknown to its demographic. You will get the worst mobile hardware available, and you will pretend that "its good enough". This is your life, and i am here to remind you of your situation.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

@Pedro said:

Speculation on specs is cute. Tell me what is the price point.😏

The speculated specs are giving off $399.99 vibes

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#68 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts
@Maroxad said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I actually doubt that.

Physical copies dominate japan's gaming scene. And Nintendo's domestic market is huge.

Digital has overtaken physical in Japan. But physical still has a strong presence in Japan.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39426 Posts
Loading Video...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#70 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Can't wait for the Switch successor to be revealed this year.

The Switch sold that many units without any price drops at all.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

@last_lap said:
@mycatismilk said:
@last_lap said:

This type of thought is disconcerting, personally. Most people seem to have the idea that if anyone enjoys something that they don't, somehow everyone else is the moron. There are so many factors to take into consideration, such as kids never having played any Nintendo game from times past. Many people also enjoy playing retro games, or remakes to their beloved franchises. I see nothing wrong with this. It effects me not, and more power to those who find enjoyment out of it.

I didn't call anyone a moron, those are your words not mine. However people buying remasters in their millions (60+ in this case) it shows the company behind them that they are easily milked, makes them dumb to these companies practices.

The Switch was $500+ in my country when first released, it was overpriced piece of junk because it was 2 gens behind current tech but sold at a premium price.

I hold all these companies accountable, and Nintendo get the biggest free pass from gamers on this site and in general.

I think you missed the point. You mentioned that each generation of gamers is getting dumber and dumber. Moron or dumb, that's the beside the point. My point was that everyone in some degree, calls one generation of gamers (or whatever else people like to argue about) dumb, while the other one is always in the right; they can do no wrong.

In regards to the content of your post, everything is subjective. What you consider a steal, another may consider worthless. My point still stands that if someone finds value in what you may not consider valuable, who cares? You aren't going to stop them from purchasing something that you, and likely many other gamers, find distasteful. Microtransactions is one thing, for example, that will never go away. IMO.