SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/10/sackboy-a-big-adventure-has-proven-very-unpopular-on-pc

After the PC port of the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection set the record for the lowest player count of any Sony game at launch, Sackboy: A Big Adventure has come along and beat it by an alarming margin. Across its first weekend on sale, the highest number of players it had at any one time was just 610. Compare this to the 10,851 peak the Nathan Drake remasters recorded and it's immediately clear how unpopular Sackboy has proven on PC.

Of course, player counts do not necessarily translate into hard sales, but SteamDB has Sackboy: A Big Adventure tagged as the 121st best-selling game on the platform. Significantly older ports like Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Goneall have thousands more active users recorded over the past 24 hours and appear higher in Steam's best-selling charts.

As of 31st October 2022, Sony's PC ports have recorded the following highest concurrent number of players:

1. God of War — 73,529 (10 months ago)
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered — 66,436 (three months ago)
  3. Horizon Zero Dawn — 56,557 (two years ago)
  4. Days Gone — 27,450 (two years ago)
  5. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection — 10,851 (eight days ago)
  6. Sackboy: A Big Adventure — 610 (15 hours ago)

Unless games are handed big price cuts — or experience a sudden surge in popularity like Cyberpunk 2077 — then these record concurrent player counts generally don't get beat outside of the opening week. As such, it's a sorry sight for Sackboy: A Big Adventure. The lack of marketing for Sony's most recent PC ports has been suggested as one reason for the general disinterest, with both Uncharted and Sackboy rumoured for a long time but never officially announced.

A PC port or Returnal is also all but confirmed, with a video of its settings menus uploaded to the internet. It should at least prove more popular than Sackboy whenever it eventually arrives, but it appears Sony's PC ports aren't setting the Steam charts alight anymore. What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Wow, doesn't look like PC gamers care about Sony games. Do you think Sony will turn back and decide to stick with consoles, SW?

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

To be fair who is excited about sackboy, and uncharted is so overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

There's this thing that PC people do, which is buy games, and either never play them, or play them months or even years afterward. They do this a lot.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25064 Posts

PC gamers dont care about non games like GOW and uncharted.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

Probably because nobody cares about UC4 or Sackboy. Sony will continue putting all their games on PC to the dismay of Cows world wide.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

They watched UC on youtube already, the play/pause buttons was more "gameplay" than the actual game has.

This only excites Sony non gamer casuals, and video game reviewers who mostly review based off of voice work and story so they can become movie reviewers that get paid a lot more.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/10/sackboy-a-big-adventure-has-proven-very-unpopular-on-pc

Wow, doesn't look like PC gamers care about Sony games. Do you think Sony will turn back and decide to stick with consoles, SW?

Best way to explain it:

Loading Video...

The First 4 Hours of... Uncharted 4 - YouTube

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Well most of the other games did well on PC. 🤷‍♂️

Tried playing several of those Sack Boy games myself but they just never did hold my interest in them at all.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

To be fair who is excited about sackboy, and uncharted is so overrated.

This.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1281 Posts

Yet the others did well? Maybe because Uncharted 4 is so overrated? Also these games are barely marketed on PC as opposed to god of war or spiderman.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Movie games… The only faction that cares about them is Cows. PC gamers are either into competitive games like FPS or MOBAs. Or they’re playing sim games. Movie games are a waste of time… PS can keep them

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Uncharted 4 is the 4th entry in the series. Many people have expressed disinterest in starting the franchise with the 4th games. It's priced too high, has poor performance and most of all is boring as shit. While PS fanboys may gush over the setpieces and hand-holding, games where the player actually plays are more popular on PC.

Sackboy is a fun game but it's a platformer which don't have a big audience on PC. The price is also too high and it's coming out in the midst of an onslaught of games; Persona 5 Royal, A Plague Tale Requiem, Uncharted LL, COD, etc.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@goldenelementxl said:

Movie games… The only faction that cares about them is Cows. PC gamers are either into competitive games like FPS or MOBAs. Or they’re playing sim games. Movie games are a waste of time… PS can keep them

Except the majority of PC gamers are kids that play Fortnite and other casual games 🤣

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Except the majority of PC gamers are kids that play Fortnite and other casual games 🤣

You answered your own question "play". Uncharted 4 is 70% climbing and walking and cutscenes and 30% fun. That a game this boring got such high scores is mindblowing.

The craziest thing is the combat is actually fun, but that hack Neil Druckmann fancies himself a movie director.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Except the majority of PS gamers are kids that play Fortnite and other casual games 🤣

FTFY

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Fortnite is a competitive BR….

It might be time to readdress who the “casual gamers“ are. Because right now, according to the “hardcore gamers“ on this board, y’all,

- Spend less money

- Buy fewer games

- Wait for deals and discounts

- Replay old games over and over

- Play single player, narrative driven games that hold your hand to the completion of the story

- Don’t like competitive games

- Get whooped by “children” in competitive games

In any other hobby, the titles would be swapped. I think we should do the same here

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

The only people who would be interested in Sony trash would be graphic whores with their GTX who cares.

And they will steal most of their games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39707 Posts

I hope this keeps going so Ragnarok is never released on your overpriced systems.

You don't deserve to play Sony exclusives.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

I didn't even know Sackboy was coming to PC until it got released. Might check it out on sale.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

If I was a PC gamer I would just play on PS4 as I wouldn't pay $60 for God of War, Uncharted 4 when I got those for cheap on PS4. Please reading reviews at how terrible most Sony ports are to PC makes me glad to not have a PC that's able to run the games at max settings. I would have to spend $1,000 on a new graphics card or whatever they go for and a new power supply and RAM even a bigger hard drive.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: So...

Does this mean no one cares about Sony games, @hardwenzen? Are Sony 1st party DOA?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#23 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

yea I haven't seen anyone on my steam friends list playing either of these, and I can't say I have much interest in them either (mostly because I already played UC4 on the PS4).

Sony might have to learn that their strategy of waiting years to bring their games to PC will hurt sales, and now that we know they are going to do it, I'm not sure how many people will run out and buy PS5's just to get the games a bit sooner.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#24 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts

How well did Sackboy do on PS? It's not a big title.

It is silly comparing sales on PS vs. PC when games are coming out years later with minimal marketing and hype on PC. Also, there are PC gamers who have PS consoles and have already played these games. Release it day one on PC and I will choose the PC version every time.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#25 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

@hardwenzen: I’m pretty stunned,you posted without mentioning something about Halo Infinite?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@SolidGame_basic: So...

Does this mean no one cares about Sony games, @hardwenzen? Are Sony 1st party DOA?

Hermits don't understand gaming. This is the main issue with them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen
@brimmul777 said:

@hardwenzen: I’m pretty stunned,you posted without mentioning something about Halo Infinite?

Don't you worry, it might very well still happen. I don't just abandon Infinite, its living rent free 24/7 anyways.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: uncharted is a decent game, should have gotten more players than it did. On the other hand, its pretty old, with UC4 releasing in 2016, and in that time its been selling for $10 on the ps4/5 and even given away free at one point on ps plus. Most people who want to play it already have. Personally, I got the game, and im going to be install and play it on my steam deck at some point. But since i've already beaten it, its not really a priority either.

Sackboy isn't an interesting title, especially not when pc is flooded with these types of games.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10556 Posts

sackboy is legitimately a kids game. i gave the copy that came with my ps5 to my nephews (5 and 7yo). re: uncharted, lesson here - reduce gap between ps and pc release. can assume that anyone on pc who hasn't played uncharted before oct 2022 is not a fan. £44.99 for two five year old polarising games is optimistic

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

The problem is that Uncharted was very much a product of gen 7. Spectacle fests like UC4 just doesnt do well here on PC. We prefer games with a bit more substance.

As for Sackboy's Big Adventure, I havent played that one, but everyone I know basically said it is a poor man's 3D World.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8411 Posts

I'd wager that sales/engagement would have been better if these games benefited from the same launch window marketing/hype they had when they released on console..

Like i've said before, not every game is going to be a masterpiece like God of War.. Some console games will simply get lost in the shuffle with delayed releases on PC..

Day and Date with console will ensure Playstation PC titles get the maximum amount of exposure.. Time will tell if/when Sony eventually makes that adjustment..

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

pc gamers bought ps4 just to play PlayStation games.

you would see a huge spike in sales if there were released on pc day one.

so I think the next wave of games now pc gamers know PlayStation games are coming to pc.

so once pc gamers realize there ps gaming are coming. wait until ragorak and hfw2 and Spiderman 2 sales.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#33 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Lol so the sony fanboy finally woke up to the reality that PC gamers don't lick Sony's boots like they do. PC gamers have been saying they don't care about Sony exclusive for YEARS, but the fanboys never listened, still projecting, still believing that PC gamers are "salty" that they are not getting the same games they are getting in their own overpriced plastic boxes, well now you have undeniable proof. SONY EXCLUSIEVS ARE OVERRATED! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts

I was told by a certain cow that there is thirst for Sony games on PC. LOL!

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

What is the most popular genre on PC? I am guessing FPS (Online competitive)

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:

Lol so the sony fanboy finally woke up to the reality that PC gamers don't lick Sony's boots like they do. PC gamers have been saying they don't care about Sony exclusive for YEARS, but the fanboys never listened, still projecting, still believing that PC gamers are "salty" that they are not getting the same games they are getting in their own overpriced plastic boxes, well now you have undeniable proof. SONY EXCLUSIEVS ARE OVERRATED! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS!

PC gamers just decide to suck off Nvidia.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

There games are bad, i wouldn't even play them if paid.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

What is the most popular genre on PC? I am guessing FPS (Online competitive)

MOBA most likely.

DOTA 2 and LoL are probably the most popular games on there. After that, it is probably FPS and MMO.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

I honestly don't think PlayStation cares about the number of concurrent players.

They just want to sell a few million more copies with a high ROI.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

Can you blame them.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I hope this keeps going so Ragnarok is never released on your overpriced systems.

You don't deserve to play Sony exclusives.

It takes be back to my days of being a PC fanboy lol I had bought a PS4 to try some of those mythical Sony exclusives. Then i had created multiple threads on this forum that criticized those ten-out-of-ten "masterpieces", and I was ripped apart by Sony fanboys, who said I was not understanding the Sony greatness. Now that Sony greatness is available on PC nowadays, most gamers agree that Sony exclusives are pretty average.

I have never finished God Of War either, btw, because it's not that good. No wonder Sony added almost all their exclusives to PSN subscription. Sales must be not that good on PSN either.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2259 Posts

So a mediocre platformer flopped and a terrible overrated movie game that everyone who had the slightest interest in already played…. Shocking!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3506 Posts

Weird, I was told so many times that it was as good as a 3D Mario.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

All of a sudden Sackboy was never good.....

sausage82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sausage82
Member since 2022 • 36 Posts

PC gamers still mostly play counterstrike for god sake they don't actually want anything new

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Sackboy is a ho-hum platformer and Uncharted is a handholding cinema fest with mediocre combat. I've gotten every other Sony release, but skipped both of these because they just aren't interesting.

Perhaps they shouldn't be charging 50+ for these old, drab games.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Pretty sure if it was the Uncharted Trilogy that came to PC that would have sold extremely well compared to the 4th entry and the spin-off side-quel.

Let's see how Miles Morales does in like two weeks which I'm sure will be another hit just like Spider-Man was. I know I'm picking that one up straight up as I loved my playthrough on Spider-Man which looked and ran beautifully on my system.

Call me when the Uncharted trilogy comes so I can finally beat 3.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidGame_basic

@Maroxad said:

The problem is that Uncharted was very much a product of gen 7. Spectacle fests like UC4 just doesnt do well here on PC. We prefer games with a bit more substance.

As for Sackboy's Big Adventure, I havent played that one, but everyone I know basically said it is a poor man's 3D World.

More substance, eh? Like Goat Simulator?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@pc_rocks: lmao 🤣

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts

Curious, what is considered a good concurrent player count?