PS3 fanboys, please be honest: Do you really play all the PS3 exclusives?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

I have played most of them, except the move titles. I might jump in one day though

edit: Not a fanboy btw, I appreciate great games from MS and Nintendo as well

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I play all the high quality exclusives across every machine, as long as the high quality exclusive or otherwise game is interesting to me.

For instance, I am not a fan of golf, so I don't play many golf games. The high quality golf games I may try out, but they will never hold my interest for long.

As far as PS3 exclusives, in particular PS3 high quality exclusives...like the Wii and 360, I believe I have played every single one that was over 85+ at metacritic.

I have obviously played many more games than that though, as I also have handhelds, smartphones, and multiple gaming PCs.

More great games on the market, more choice for gamers...that's a good thing. I can't say why it would be a knock against a platform if it makes many good/great games.

Hypothetically, if my brother loves playing God of War and MLB: The Show in his condo, my sister loves Heavy Rain and LittleBigPlanet in her home, my cousin loves the Racing of Gran Turismo and Infamous, my niece loves Sly Cooper and Singstar, and I love playing Uncharted and Twisted Metal in my PS3...why would that be bad that I didn't play God of War, Gran Turismo, Heavy Rain, MLB : The Show, LBP, Infamous, or Sly Cooper? I did play those, but why would it be bad if I didn't? I also dug Warhawk, Starhawk, Resistance 1-3, Killzone 2/3, Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls, and especially MGS4.

Sure, I enjoyed other greats on other platforms from Starcraft to Halo to Mario to Zelda to GeoW to Diablo to FTL.

Options are a great thing, we all have different experiences that shape our taste in games. It's not a bad thing that Sony offers a lot of great PS3 exclusives.

I'd argue it's a bad thing when companies make machines and don't make a lot of exclusives...for instance, my 360 is only for exclusives after suffering 5 crippling 360 RRODs this generation.

I would like more high quality retail exclusives to buy for 360.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Whatever Sony gives, I play. It's all GOTY material. Badosh

Godny says you're worthy

Take a moment to bow to its all-flawh-free glory.

sss.gif

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I was just playing the first part of Visari's Palace in Killzone 2 (Elite). I already finished KZ3 (Elite) and UC3. I also have UC2 and MGS4 to finish. I have UC1 to start after those two. Once I'm done with UC1, I plan to buy Resistance and Infamous. 

I'm playing the above while resisting the urge to buy Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for the PC. :lol:

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I played about 25 of them , and should probably play another 5 that I haven't gotten around to yet. 

On the way - 

Will play 

• The Last of Us
  • Beyond Two Souls

Likely - 

• Puppeteer

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Don't care for LBP, MAG, Wonderbook, The Show, or Resistance. I can barely tolerate Killzone. 

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

Do you really play all the PS3 exclusive everyone always brags about having? I see it in almost every System arguement: "The 360 has no games!!!" It does have a very small amount of exclusives, but there's PLENTY to play on it, and I have never had a problem finding a game to enjoy. But I digress. You guys always talk about how you have so many more exclusives, but are usually only able to name off maybe 5 without thinking hard or Googling the subject. Are you guys using this as a weapon in the stupidly-continuing system war, or do you really play what you talk up so much? I personally know a few of my friends who just use it for the sake of argument. One friend plays MGS4 and Heavy Rain, my cousin plays GoW, another friend play LBP, GoW and that's about it.

And no, I am not a lem/Xbox fanboy/whatever, I am asking if you really are playing the exclusives. I would LOVE a PS3, I just don't have the money to throw down for the few exclusives that catch my eye. Great library, but I'm interested in a small handful of what's on the PS3. Please be honest, though I know you won't.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

maybe your  title would be more persuasive if you just said Ps3 owners rather than fanboys. Fanboys don't wanna be fanboys.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Whatever Sony gives, I play. It's all GOTY material.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Not a fanboy but I do play them
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
What's the point of this thread? Is it about you or about PS3 fanboys? Still, i lol @ your anecdotal argument.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I play most of 'em, and think they're better than 360 exclusives, few as there may be.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#13 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Sure, but there's plenty of games in the library that aren't nearly as polished as 360 exclusives near regularly are I'll just name some off the top of my head God of War - Loved the first five, my favorite franchise ever Uncharted - Loved the first, thought the second was great, didn't give a rat's ass about the third inFamous - First one was one of the worst games of this generation, haven't started the second yet even though I own in and will try it sometime anyways Demon's Souls - Liked it, but had no patience for its checkpoint system Killzone - Played 3 first and found it to be a great shooting gallery, can't stand the second's controls right now MGS4 - I'm actually liking it a lot as I just played 2 and 3 for the first time recently and it really improved on those so far LBP - Loved the first at first, but I absolutely cannot stand the games now. The second one was just unbearably boring. There's plenty of others that I just played or am too lazy to type up for,(Guacamelee, Journey, Resistance 1, Motorstorm, etc.) but if you want to know about them, feel free to ask me. Otherwise, handhelds and multiplats have been more my thing
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

The ones worth playing yes.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

It's all about having choices honestly even if you don't buy not even a single exclusive. It's like Deus Ex.. it's extremely awesome the fact you can get things done in different ways... well it's extremely awesome there's a large library of different games including weird ones.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I dont play the racing and fighting games.. over than that yup all of them, their just too freaking good to miss out on :)

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

i play all 360 exclusive, exept not kinect ones.

then again, not as many exclusive for 360.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I try to buy and play all of the exclusive PS3 games. Most are pretty good. Some were misfires, but they had potential like PS Allstars, Starhawk and Twisted Metal, My favorites were the Infamous series, Uncharted series, Sly Cooper, Motorstorm series, Killzone and Resistance series, MLB the Show, Little Big Planet, Valkrie Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, Heavy Rain and the God of War games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Most of them. There are just too many world class, high scoring ones to play, it's gonna take time to get through them all. Good problem to have.
Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

Do you really play all the PS3 exclusive everyone always brags about having? I see it in almost every System arguement: "The 360 has no games!!!" It does have a very small amount of exclusives, but there's PLENTY to play on it, and I have never had a problem finding a game to enjoy. But I digress. You guys always talk about how you have so many more exclusives, but are usually only able to name off maybe 5 without thinking hard or Googling the subject. Are you guys using this as a weapon in the stupidly-continuing system war, or do you really play what you talk up so much? I personally know a few of my friends who just use it for the sake of argument. One friend plays MGS4 and Heavy Rain, my cousin plays GoW, another friend play LBP, GoW and that's about it.

And no, I am not a lem/Xbox fanboy/whatever, I am asking if you really are playing the exclusives. I would LOVE a PS3, I just don't have the money to throw down for the few exclusives that catch my eye. Great library, but I'm interested in a small handful of what's on the PS3. Please be honest, though I know you won't.

ShaineTheNerd

u have 48,000 big gamerscore in sig.

its 2013.

u avoid ps3 all this time 2006-2013, it never win u over now if it was going to. some like exclusive, some like choice, some like blurays.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

would not call myself a fanboy, but I do play a lot of PS3 exclusives, because I love a lot of the franchises and also love the games Sony creates.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Nope, but you know what the beauty is? I actually have options to pick and choose from. With MS its been nothing but Halo/Gears/Forza + Kinect trailer trash since '09. If you don't like any of those games, you're shit out of luck. With Sony oyu get tons of variety such as Uncharted, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, Ni No Kuni, Infamous, Motorstom, etc etc etc to choose from

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

A number of them. Never got into God of War or Gran Turismo and a few others.

Pretty much the same with the other consoles as well I don't play it just because it's exclusive. I play because I want to.:P

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
I'm confused Why do I need to play all of them to make it better over the 360? For instance I like Infamous but took a pass on Heavy Rain, I like Uncharted and GOW but took a pass on Kill Zone. If I had a 360 what would I have a choice between Halo and Gears? Not that big into shooters, if your not into Halo or Gears or shooters in general 360 is not the Console for you.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
There's so many it's hard to get around to all of them.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I play the exclusives that interest me. If you look at my profile most of them maybe there.
SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts
Yes, they're all GOTY worthy legendary games worth playing.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Every... Single... One!!

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Look at my gamercard. I'm no fanboy for PS3 or any console/system I just wanted you all to look at the games I play lol.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Judging by the sales of GoW: Ascension, I'd say not. :P

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I play games, yo.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Why would I have a PS3 if I didnt play its exclusives? most of my games are exclusives. out of the 30+ games I have, about 20+ are exclusives. (not counting PSN games)
ultramega9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ultramega9
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts

I've played, like 3. Disgaea which was one of the most unfunniest games i've played, ever, but the gameplay was ok, i guess. Uncharted 3... eh, nothing spectacular, and 3d Dot game heroes, a 60$ clone of the first zelda game.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

I definitely didn't play LBP: Karting, Twisted Metal, PS All-Stars or the recent God of War game but I've played everything else that's been exclusive sans Move shit.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

I've played, like 3. Disgaea which was one of the most unfunniest games i've played, ever, but the gameplay was ok, i guess. Uncharted 3... eh, nothing spectacular, and 3d Dot game heroes, a 60$ clone of the first zelda game.

ultramega9
Try Uncharted 2, Infamous, MGS4.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#36 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I hate uncharted, but sony has a lot of good exclusives.

In all reality Sony has the best online offers. Screw 360 and gold account.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Nope I only play Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Uncharted,Infamous and God of War. I have all of the games in these series. And Twisted Metal but only 1 game is one the PS3.

So only some series I play all the game in them.

But their are more than these. So I cannot play all of the PS3 exclusives. Just some of them.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

I'm not a PS3 fanboy, but I play a lot of them.  I got my PS3 for MGS4.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

The common ones like Uncharted,Killzone,Infamous ETC very rarely because they don't really interest me at all, last PS3 exclusive I bought was Record of Agarest war 2 which released a good 8-9 months ago.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I don't know about being a fanboy (in fact, people have called me a lemming before, lol), but I've played a few:

- I played the Killzone 2 demo and thought that, beyond graphics, it was pretty boring.

- I enjoyed Uncharted 1 and 2 (although 1's gunplay was terrible)

- I very much enjoyed MGS 4 (although the game aged pretty poorly for me)

- Heavy Rain was good the first playthrough

And I think that's about it.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Only the ones I'm interested in.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
No, most of them do not interest me. The only one that held my attention and I still hold in high regard today is Demon Souls.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I play alot of them. Uncharted games, inFAMOUS games, God of War games, MGS4, Demons Souls, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2/3, Journey.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Why would fanboys be honest...?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

a few of them like uncharted/killzone/tales/infamous

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

If Kaz chooses to bless us with abundant spectacular games, I will play those games.

All.Of.Them

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#47 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Not all of them, I was a fan of the Resistance games back in the day and also Uncharted.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts
I doubt any fanboy has played every exclusive on their preferred console.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

What kind of idiot question is that? 

NO dimwit I don't want to play all the games because all the games are not my cup of tea BUT other games have different tastes than me and THEY might want to play them.

That's what makes Sony a good game company because they cater to all types of games and don't force fans to all buy the same games because only release one or two quality franchises.

GHOST/

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
I'm not a fanboy but I've played... White Knight Chronicles All the Ratchet and Clank games including All 4 One All 3 Uncharted's and Golden Abyss Heavy Rain Killzone 2 (Didnt like Killzone 2, so I never played 3) Journey Little Big Planet 1 and 2 (Not a fan) Socom Confrontation (It was ight) Warhawk (It was ight) inFamous 1 and 2 Play Station All Stars Mod Nation Racers Resistance 1 (Wasn't a fan) Metal Gear Solid 4 3D Game Dot Heros I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.