PS4 has "phenomenal" production yields

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Sony's Jack Tretton says system launch will be company's biggest ever.

360x200

The PlayStation 4 is set for launch November 15, and Sony has already said its big challenge will be simply producing enough supply to meet consumer demand for the system. Sony Computer Entertainment CEO and president had some good news on that front, appearing on Fox Business' 3 Days in the Valley to promote what he said would be the "biggest launch in history."

"It's everything we can manufacture," Tretton said when asked about preorder numbers. "We want to make sure that consumers have an opportunity to buy one on November 15 and through the holidays so we're holding back some inventory to make sure that people have an opportunity to buy one that come in on launch day. But we can pre-sell every unit we can manufacture, and the good news is production yields have been phenomenal. So this will be by a magnitude of a lot the biggest launch we've ever had."

Tretton said Sony would probably not be updating the public on preorder numbers before launch. Last month, Sony said it had more than 1 million reservations for the system.

"There's so much pent-up demand for it that we could sell every one we create," Tretton said.

Source

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
Thank you Sony
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Nothing can stop Sony's momentum, Xbox is going to get destroyed

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

saw the video yesterday and the way he was so quick to say it and the way he said it makes me thing he is telling the truth

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
They already pre-sold every unit currently in existence AND they are holding more units back? I really hope those comments don't come back to bite.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
lol allicrombie thread I mean holy crap alli made a thread! :o Honestly shocked they only have a million reserved. As long as I get mine I'll be happy :)
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Allicrombie
As long as I get mine I'll be happy :)blue_hazy_basic
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
Did they give actual numbers or are they talking out of their asses like all the other launches?
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stereointegrity
They already pre-sold every unit currently in existence AND they are holding more units back? I really hope those comments don't come back to bite.clyde46
they have to hold some back for the people who didnt pre order and have to walk in and get one....
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

#SDC #GreatnessAwaits #ThankYouSony #PS4

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stereointegrity

Did they give actual numbers or are they talking out of their asses like all the other launches? kingtito
gamescon they said over 1 million pre orders currently

iFSYOjVFacZV.gif

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
An Alli thread?! :shock:
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Allicrombie
Did they give actual numbers or are they talking out of their asses like all the other launches? kingtito
Tretton said Sony would probably not be updating the public on preorder numbers before launch
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Allicrombie
An Alli thread?! :shock:Xaero_Gravity
I was bored. =(
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Crombie be late to the party, as usual 

step up yo game

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

It seems as if sony is really turning its act around with the company with this launch. I think it's easily said the playstation is their most popular product. Not to say they're betting the farm on this one but if PS4 has the same track record Ps3 did....No bueno.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]They already pre-sold every unit currently in existence AND they are holding more units back? I really hope those comments don't come back to bite.stereointegrity
they have to hold some back for the people who didnt pre order and have to walk in and get one....

My local game store told me they got over 400 pre-orders for the PS4, they also said they are only getting enough units to for fill those pre-orders which mine is one of them.
Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

100 units available for Japan in Feb confirmed...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kingtito

[QUOTE="kingtito"]Did they give actual numbers or are they talking out of their asses like all the other launches? stereointegrity

gamescon they said over 1 million pre orders currently

iFSYOjVFacZV.gif

Not pre-order numbers. I'm trying to find out if they are saying how many they're going to launch with. Prior to the PS2 launch Sony said they'd launch with millions of unit. Don't remember if they said anything about the PS3 launch. In any event, they haven't been able to launch anything even close to 1 million units. I highly doubt they'll be able to meet pre-order demand.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="clyde46"]They already pre-sold every unit currently in existence AND they are holding more units back? I really hope those comments don't come back to bite.clyde46

My local game store told me they got over 400 pre-orders for the PS4, they also said they are only getting enough units to for fill those pre-orders which mine is one of them.

Didn't you cancel your pre-orders?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Yay, that means there will be more in the stores for me to ignore!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Animal-Mother

heretrix
Way to be a debbie downer!
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clyde46
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"] they have to hold some back for the people who didnt pre order and have to walk in and get one....

Only the X1. I was going to can the PS4 but I'm getting more hours at work now so I might, just might be able to afford one.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kingtito
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

If I actually see one on store shelves it'll be extremely hard to pass up. I'm sure the wife wouldn't be very happy considering all the money I spend on all of my hobbies.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="clyde46"] My local game store told me they got over 400 pre-orders for the PS4, they also said they are only getting enough units to for fill those pre-orders which mine is one of them.

Only the X1. I was going to can the PS4 but I'm getting more hours at work now so I might, just might be able to afford one.

Ahhhhhhhh ok.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="clyde46"] My local game store told me they got over 400 pre-orders for the PS4, they also said they are only getting enough units to for fill those pre-orders which mine is one of them.

ha, I canceled my X1 too.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Animal-Mother

kingtito

If I actually see one on store shelves it'll be extremely hard to pass up. I'm sure the wife wouldn't be very happy considering all the money I spend on all of my hobbies.

Luckily for me my biggest hobby is gaming and i'm not married and i'm single and have a decent paying job (not enough to move out, but i'm going for higher than higher education now) :P

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Alli thread. \o/ 

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Didn't you cancel your pre-orders?

The day after sonys conference ended I ran to my gamestop and canceled my X1 put it all on my PS4
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

heretrix
You will cave, you walk past a store and smell that delicious new console smell. Then you will see the posters of the console as you start to lick you lips. You step inside and notice a display case, you wrap your hands around the thick, black DS4 controller. Your lips start to quiver and your palms begin to perspire. You are now at the mercy of the Playstation 4 the power of 8gb GDDR5 ram courses through your veins. You want it, you must have it, you will have it,
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Didn't you cancel your pre-orders?

Ahhhhhhhh ok.

The other reason was that I didn't have the ticket so the assistant would have to sift through over 400 pre-orders to find mine :lol:
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kingtito

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Way to be a debbie downer!Animal-Mother

Luckily for me my biggest hobby is gaming and i'm not married and i'm single and have a decent paying job (not enough to move out, but i'm going for higher than higher education now) :P

Enjoy it while you can. Sucks having to get permission all the time since it's no longer my money but now OUR money. Wish it worked both ways though :cry:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]An Alli thread?! :shock:Allicrombie
I was bored. =(

Aren't you always bored? Lol.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Only the X1. I was going to can the PS4 but I'm getting more hours at work now so I might, just might be able to afford one.

Ahhhhhhhh ok.

The other reason was that I didn't have the ticket so the assistant would have to sift through over 400 pre-orders to find mine :lol:

Dear lord hahahahah. I just reserved a bunch of crap, unfortunately they weren't offering bundles yet. SO I just ended up reserving PS4, Extra Controller, Watch Dogs, BF4, Shadowfall, Infamous and I think one more game. Also I haven't had the chance to tell you but I love the sig and I love redline :D
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="kingtito"] If I actually see one on store shelves it'll be extremely hard to pass up. I'm sure the wife wouldn't be very happy considering all the money I spend on all of my hobbies. kingtito

Enjoy it while you can. Sucks having to get permission all the time since it's no longer my money but now OUR money. Wish it worked both ways though :cry:

I wish you the best of luck!
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Only the X1. I was going to can the PS4 but I'm getting more hours at work now so I might, just might be able to afford one.

The day after sonys conference ended I ran to my gamestop and canceled my X1 put it all on my PS4

I preordered both on amazon on the conference day. Canceled the X1 after MS started with the mind games, lol.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

APiranhaAteMyVa

You will cave, you walk past a store and smell that delicious new console smell. Then you will see the posters of the console as you start to lick you lips. You step inside and notice a display case, you wrap your hands around the thick, black DS4 controller. Your lips start to quiver and your palms begin to perspire. You are now at the mercy of the Playstation 4 the power of 8gb GDDR5 ram courses through your veins. You want it, you must have it, you will have it,

oh my...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clyde46
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Ahhhhhhhh ok.

Dear lord hahahahah. I just reserved a bunch of crap, unfortunately they weren't offering bundles yet. SO I just ended up reserving PS4, Extra Controller, Watch Dogs, BF4, Shadowfall, Infamous and I think one more game. Also I haven't had the chance to tell you but I love the sig and I love redline :D

I got everything pre-ordered only because it was free. My PS4 pre-order cost me £20 while I put down £40 for the X1. That £40 I got back from the X1 pre-order I put on a giftcard ready to GTA5.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]An Alli thread?! :shock:mitu123
I was bored. =(

Aren't you always bored? Lol.

Most of the time. =P
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] ha, I canceled my X1 too.

I preordered both on amazon on the conference day. Canceled the X1 after MS started with the mind games, lol.

I swear MS was acting as if they were an old destiny's child or TLC song.
Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

Sony PR...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

job or career?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Animal-Mother

Ah, you got me. Sorry. lol.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clyde46
[QUOTE="narutosup"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Didn't you cancel your pre-orders?

job or career?

Job. I went from £120 a week to £200 a week.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

APiranhaAteMyVa

Ewww. That sounds kind of gross.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Animal-Mother

heretrix

Common, how long have we sorta kinda pseudo known each other? :P
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="narutosup"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Only the X1. I was going to can the PS4 but I'm getting more hours at work now so I might, just might be able to afford one.

job or career?

Job. I went from £120 a week to £200 a week.

You know in a decent bar in the states you should earn that a night Clyde. Here people tip the barmen/servers.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Way to be a debbie downer!Animal-Mother

Common, how long have we sorta kinda pseudo known each other? :P

LOL. And we have yet to game. we will get there.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

It's shocking how much damage Sony did to Microsoft at E3.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Probably because they're just sticking some off-the-shelf parts in a cheap plastic casing.