PS5 Pro leaks - 45% faster rendering speed + other details!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

33.5 is way higher than I thought. I’m assuming we can compare the 10 TF PS5 and 12 TF series X(and 4 TF S) to this number? I’d imagine a lot of series S owners may make the jump to PS5 Pro unless Xbox decides to make another console. The people complaining about this are probably the same people who drop more than this console costs on a GPU every other year. I drop $1000 on a new phone every 3 years with marginal improvements without hesitation so this doesn’t seem all that bad. But I probably won’t get this because I barely game anymore.

Maybe you should have read the latest posts about it before posting that.

You spend a grand every 3yrs for a phone, what a waste, I drop about $500 every 5yrs on a phone.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#152 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

its more law video. og garbage source.

now has been repack not to mention him... as new info. but it easy to spot the copy and past typos.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@hardwenzen: Welfare upgrades aside, I wouldn’t buy an Xbox “pro” and you won’t buy the ps5 pro. Let’s be honest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Welfare upgrades aside, I wouldn’t buy an Xbox “pro” and you won’t buy the ps5 pro. Let’s be honest.

I adore my playstation 5, so what makes you think that i am not incredibly interested and invested into its big brother?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

I adore my playstation 5, so what makes you think that i am not incredibly interested and invested into its big brother?

Did you buy Helldivers 2 on the system you "adore"?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

It was cheaper on pc, so i grabbed it on pc. I am sure my Playstation 5 understands.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 sealionact

@hardwenzen: You don’t have a ps5 anymore. You saw the light and moved on.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

It was cheaper on pc, so i grabbed it on pc. I am sure my Playstation 5 understands.

It wasn't even a full price game on the PS5 to begin with and you still bought it on PC, you're not a cow, you're a germy hermy now.

It's time to admit it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

@firedrakes said:

now has been repack not to mention him... as new info. but it easy to spot the copy and past typos.

Tom Henderson on the other hand is a reliable source. And he has been pretty much confirming what moore's law has said.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

599 is probably the highest they can go anything above 600 is a dangerous price point for a console.

CBCstillmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By CBCstillmatic
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

The One X and PS4 Pro made sense at the time because of the boom in 4K TV sales. I upgraded both of my consoles to go with my new 4K TV. They were worth it for the resolution support, ALLM, VRR and even a 4K Blu-ray player(One X anyway). The added power to polish games further to look a bit nicer on these TVs was a big nice too. Just not seeing the need for a mid gen refresh this go round.

The current consoles best addition was SSD’s. Graphics wise they felt like the same incremental upgrade the mid gen models were to the current base models IMO. To me all it will do is make the PS6 feel less impressive at launch but we will have to wait and see what they manage to cram into the next gen, same as we will have to see what this pro model will offer.

If it is that impressive then I will gladly upgrade but if there are no other worthy features/additions other than simply a slightly stronger console(ie PS4 Pro) I will wait it out as I have no real current complaints about the current consoles. I am very much a casual gamer and love playing games in a home theater 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos environment so this is just my opinion from my perspective. I am no expert. I have always appreciated the Xbox consoles support for for every little feature but both simply have games I do not want to miss so I will continue to buy both.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

Thw interesting thing is if they continue to market the pro to 8k when hardly anyone owns a 8k set.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

i am ok with OG ps5 dont interest for upgrade

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44193 Posts

lol :P

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6988 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

3x the rt performance is huge.

Not really. 3 x 1 is still a 3. Because the current RT is as welfare as it can be, three times the welfareness ain't saying much. Not to mention that RT mode will always be in 30fps, so its an irrelevant mode for anything but taking screenshots.

That's not true especially with a DLSS type of upscaling. Not only that but most current 30fps modes on PS5 will run at low to mid 40s uncapped. So you should at least get the current fidelity modes at 60fps with better RT.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

Not really. 3 x 1 is still a 3. Because the current RT is as welfare as it can be, three times the welfareness ain't saying much. Not to mention that RT mode will always be in 30fps, so its an irrelevant mode for anything but taking screenshots.

That's not true especially with a DLSS type of upscaling. Not only that but most current 30fps modes on PS5 will run at low to mid 40s uncapped. So you should at least get the current fidelity modes at 60fps with better RT.

DF talked about the upscaling. Sony will try to sell you the system on this tech the same way they sold you the ps5 on its SSD bs, but in reality, you need tensor cores to have a proper ai upscaler, and its just not a thing from AMD, and Sony can't just make one in house that competes with DLSS3 when their system is fully built on amd hardware. So even if they have invented their own tech, it will be blurry af, just like FSR is, and if that's the case, then that's not a selling point for me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#167 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70032 Posts

Based on the narrative of Sony fannies, this hardware is being held back by PS5 because ALL games will be made for PS5 OG. 😂🎣

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50619 Posts

Dunno why anyone would buy this if you have a PS5. What has Sony done this year to push this hardware?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#169 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70032 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Dunno why anyone would buy this if you have a PS5. What has Sony done this year to push this hardware?

Probably it is a sign of what they are working on.🤷🏽‍♂️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

DF talked about the upscaling. Sony will try to sell you the system on this tech the same way they sold you the ps5 on its SSD bs, but in reality, you need tensor cores to have a proper ai upscaler, and its just not a thing from AMD, and Sony can't just make one in house that competes with DLSS3 when their system is fully built on amd hardware. So even if they have invented their own tech, it will be blurry af, just like FSR is, and if that's the case, then that's not a selling point for me.

I don't see how it won't be better then the current FSR that's being used now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

That's the thing, in a lot of games, they're still using the shitty FSR1, which is an image destroyer. And games that do use a superior FSR2, they're NEVER using it in Ultra Quality, which is the only way to use an upscaler without having a blurry ass picture that reminds you of ps4 titles running on a ps4 from 2013. Most games run fsr2 on performance, and on performance it looks like shit. Lots of talk about 4k and more 4k before the ps5 was even released, but today, you get a bunch of titles that are blurrier than what was available on a ps4 on launch, over 10 years ago. That is what happens when you use an upscaler and don't aim for Ultra Quality. If Sony has their in-house upscaler, they'll be doing the same thing, so don't expect a massive boost in sharpness.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@sealionact:

You wouldn't but imagine the people who don't own a PS5 yet. It's a perfect time for them to buy one

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You don’t have a ps5 anymore. You saw the light and moved on.

Wut? Is this how you want my situation to be? Cuz that's not the case, and you're wrong just like you were with your xbox headset.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 sealionact

@hardwenzen: You sold it. Can’t say I blame you, and credit to you for pointing out how Sony have screwed things up so often. Games just run better on pc, and the games that aren’t on pc…you don’t like.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You sold it. Can’t say I blame you, and credit to you for pointing out how Sony have screwed things up so often. Games just run better on pc, and the games that aren’t on pc…you don’t like.

What if i take a picture of it, and when i do, you sell your X?🤣🤡🤣🤡🤣

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

So is Sony trying to take away Microsoft’s “Worlds Most Powerful Console” advantage away from them?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's the thing, in a lot of games, they're still using the shitty FSR1, which is an image destroyer. And games that do use a superior FSR2, they're NEVER using it in Ultra Quality, which is the only way to use an upscaler without having a blurry ass picture that reminds you of ps4 titles running on a ps4 from 2013. Most games run fsr2 on performance, and on performance it looks like shit. Lots of talk about 4k and more 4k before the ps5 was even released, but today, you get a bunch of titles that are blurrier than what was available on a ps4 on launch, over 10 years ago. That is what happens when you use an upscaler and don't aim for Ultra Quality. If Sony has their in-house upscaler, they'll be doing the same thing, so don't expect a massive boost in sharpness.

I'm expecting current fidelity modes to get up to 60fps with better RT and from what I'm hearing that seems like a reasonable expectation.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

I'm expecting current fidelity modes to get up to 60fps with better RT and from what I'm hearing that seems like a reasonable expectation.

It might, but don't expect stable 60fps with that cpu.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Why would I want sell my X? It’s being used….hopefully your ps5 is too now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Why would I want sell my X? It’s being used….hopefully your ps5 is too now.

You just said i sold it🤡What a clown.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@firedrakes said:

Tom Henderson on the other hand is a reliable source. And he has been pretty much confirming what moore's law has said.

when you copy near ever word word moore laws.

slight change it and claim it as your own source...

other people online has caught wind of this trick tom does.

but leave error from og source in. by mistake every time.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45330 Posts

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Yes, I know… we’ve been over that. Do concentrate.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Yes, I know… we’ve been over that. Do concentrate.

You don't know, this is why i am reminding you.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Reminding me that I said your ps5 is hopefully being used by whoever bought it?

Why?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

It might, but don't expect stable 60fps with that cpu.

DF thinks you will be fine at 60.. anything above that though would be an issue.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17853 Posts

So it looks like the rumour is real:

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2024-spec-analysis-playstation-5-pro-the-most-powerful-console-yet

In which case: A seriously disappointing upgrade. Really the only thing of note is the potential of the new upscaler. Really shouldn't be charging more than 499 for this at launch. Price drop the OG.

What a waste. They really should just keep the powder dry for the PS6.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By hardwenzen

This is just laughable. If you can't upgrade the cpu because of compatitibility reasons, don't release a so called upgrade. The cpu is already an issue with a 10tflops gpu, so what will happen with a 33tflops one? Makes no sense.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 hardwenzen

And for those still coping about 30fps being 60fps

"In real terms, those hoping that PS5 Pro will turn CPU-limited 30fps titles into super-smooth 60fps experiences will be disappointed. With that said, the 3.85GHz mode will bring greater stability to 30fps games that may not be hitting their frame-rate target when CPU limited - and yes, we have started to see those titles. And if the one percent impact to GPU performance is verified, that's not really an issue in the age of dynamic resolution scaling. There'll be an imperceptible reduction in rendering resolution and that's it. If a game is CPU limited, the GPU will stall and will lose far more performance anyway."

From DF.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Chutebox  Online

@hardwenzen: CPU isn't as sexy as GPU for advertising.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 hardwenzen

@Chutebox said:

Bruh remember dat Cell marketing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Chutebox  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

The baby lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen: that upscaler should be good, hopefully lol

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Chutebox said:

The marketing wasn’t as painful as dealing with the Cows that fell for it. They played inferior versions of most multiplat games all generation because of that CPU. Goofs…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: that upscaler should be good, hopefully lol

Why would it be? The only way Sony could've delivered some real secret sauce is if they used proprietary hardware, but since its all amd, there's no way i see them delivering something that looks cleaner than FSR2 running on the Quality setting, which isn't saying much because even Ultra Quality looks bad.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

After reading the DF I think I’m siding with the Lems on this one. This upgrade is super meh. The PS5 (and Xbox Series) launched at such an awkward time in tech, and being tied down to the Zen2 CPU is a real problem. As DF pointed out in the article, we already have CPU bound games. This “Pro” console can’t do much to address that.

Day 1, just because I buy everything. But I REALLY hope Xbox is cooking something up. And Nintendo might want to sit on the Switch 2 a little longer. The sff hardware is going to see another leap soon.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen: so are you telling me the Lems have not been rekt?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 708 Posts

@hardwenzen: my hope is that they are getting earlier access to fsr3

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: so are you telling me the Lems have not been rekt?

They're not important right now. What's important is that our Jimbo Ryan ruined this whole generation for us. Our standards were lowered to lems.