Reggie says it's our fault if we're disappointed with Nintendo's E3 conference

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has made a rare and unexpected critical analysis of Nintendo's consumer base, following widespread complaints about the company's E3 press conference. he said "One of the things that, on one hand, I love and, on the other hand, that troubles tremendously about not only our fanbase but the gaming community at large is that, whenever you show information, the perspective is: Thank you, but I want more. Thank you, but give me more."

So what do you think? Is it really our own fault or is he trying to pass blame?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/355184/fils-aime-hits-back-at-insatiable-nintendo-gamers-after-poor-e3/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#3 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
all I know is that nintendo fans will come here, pull their pants down and their underwear, and start shouting "YES ITS TRUE NINTI ITS ALL OUR FAULT WE ARE SORRY KEEP HITITNG US!"
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Fvck him. They are trying to sell us expensive goods. It's their job to impress us. We don't owe them anything.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

The Wii-U isn't impressive Reggie. That tablet controller would be way more impressive if I haven't been using my iPod touch since 2008 and my smartphone since 2010.

If you strip away the tablet controller and look at the WiiU as a gameing machine there isn't much to get excited about. The visuals of the few games we seen are nothing to brag about and the games we've seen have been a bit lackluster (especially for a console coming out in 6 months). The tablet is nothing more than a different way to control a game but it's not a big game changer like full motion controls.

The Vita has a touchscreen with full controls and none of the games I own have mixed them well. It's to cumbersome going from holding the device with two hands to playing with one. The best use is a few new thumb-accessible buttons on the screen itself. That's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Oh and what did they actually show us that left us crying out for more? Oh thats right. NOTHING. Nothing worth while that is. They didn't really sell Wii U to me at all.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Sounds like something Sony would say

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

YES ITS TRUE NINTI ITS ALL OUR FAULT WE ARE SORRY KEEP HITITNG US! :'(

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Remember folks, when showing off new hardware and software at a televised/Webcasted/blogged event, it's not YOUR fault your showing sucked, it's the people who are the ones buying your crap that the problem. It's not your fault they are dissapointed.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Can't wait to see the first person who defends this in a serious manner.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 simomate

TecmoGirl
No seriously. He's right. Its all our fault. We are greedy selfish bastards and we are all fat if we complain about another Wii Fit.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

TecmoGirl
I'm sure Nintendoboy16 will be here shortly...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I think it's funny how he's lashing out at the very people he needs to buy their new hardware. Kind of shooting himself in the foot a little.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59b71619573a1

TecmoGirl

lol where's Chaz :P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

He's become attached to this "they want more" statement.

Breaking news, when you release a new console and a lame sizzle reel of stuff already played almost a year ago. It's not really impressive nintendo.

Ya the game wants more because you showed jack sh!t ninty.

TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I agree with Reggie. People need to stop being ungrateful little punks and at least give a new console a try instead of refusing to buy it unless they are satified with an E3 conference.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 simomate

TecmoGirl

I agree with Reggie. People need to stop being ungrateful little punks and at least give a new console a try instead of refusing to buy it unless they are satified with an E3 conference.

TyberZannxxxx
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I kinda have to agree with him.... i actually thought they were going to show a good game like Metroid because certain people started spreading a rummor about nintendo making a AAA production title that was meant to be announced on E3...
and while every other rummor about E3 was true that one was the only false one i read.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
You can't please everybody. That's life.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 simomate
]

TecmoGirl

TyberZannxxxx

I kinda have to agree with him.... i actually thought they were going to show a good game like Metroid because certain people started spreading a rummor about nintendo making a AAA production title that was meant to be announced on E3...
and while every other rummor about E3 was true that one was the only false one i read.

Joedgabe
2 People so far.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

You can't please everybody. That's life. todd2r
Or in this case you can't please 99.9% of the E3 audience.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I really couldn't care less who's fault he thinks it is. At the end of the day, regardless of who he wishes to put the blame on, the conference still sucked.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Reggie never said that.

He said that you can't please Nintendo fans because they constantly ask for more, which is entirely true. It doesn't matter if you do what Nintendo did in 2010 with Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid - They want more, they'll ask 'where is Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, etc?'. This is not exclusive to Nintendo, the gaming community in it's entirety is filled whiny people who complain about absolutely everything. Not only this, but the entire Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco was ridiculous.

Furthermore, this E3 proved that it's not as important any more for core players. Companies are better off announcing these things on their own and getting their own spotlight. Just look at what Nintendo did before and after E3, just look at what Call of Duty did a while ago. E3's importance lies with mainstream media and getting that spot rather than for core, because we'll be the ones who actively watch Nintendo Direct whenever they announce it - not the mainstream.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TecmoGirl

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

pBiCa.gifYes! That's the first user who came to mind when I said that.

lol where's Chazrazz.gif

At least admitted he wasn't that impressed with the Wii-U either(if i recall correctly) -- I thought he would've been much more dedicated then that though. :P

Lmao@simomate "smh' Wow! It was bound to happen I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1

TyberZannxxxx

They should know better, they know what the game market is like and they know what gamers are like. Most games are aimed at teenagers and what do teens do? b!tch and moan all the time. The wii felt revolutionary, the WiiU feels gimmicky.

Not saying I agree or disagree as I kind of do both but they should stop acting so Naive and playing the victim. Also backlashing against the very people you need is now the answer to counteract this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-59b71619573a1

lol where's Chazrazz.gifTecmoGirl

At least admitted he wasn't that impressed with the Wii-U either(if i recall correctly) -- I thought he would've been much more dedicated then that though. :P

True. If Ninty want to show off a new console they had better be prepared to show something good rather than expecting the announcement to carry the whole conference because we already seen it last year. They needed big games to impress

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
I have angered the Regginator. Sad panda right here.
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

simomate

2 People so far.

oh no kind sir.. don't misinterpret.. i'm not defending Reggie.. i'm blaming the sheep for making up lies about their new fail home console system.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

It was a pretty fvcking boring conference.

Only that fvcking pikmin game stood out.
New Super Mario Bros WiiU Party Edition With Tablet This Time failed to fvcking impress.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i guess its our fault as well that we wanted more good wii games than we got :D also more online features , more classic controller and motion plus support

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TecmoGirl

New Super Mario Bros WiiU Party Edition With Tablet This Time failed to fvcking impress.

freedomfreak

lol! What's with the constant fvcking in that post? Even though it's the fvcking truth -- I hope freedoms not fvcking mad.cJSCL.gif

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#34 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

I probably shouldn't be answering this, but... you called?

A few things I want to address, I DON'T defend EVERYTHING Nintendo has done:

-I wasn't too fond of their E3 press conference this year

-I wasn't fond of Nintendo taking out the ability to play imports in their handhelds

-I HATED the fact that Nintendo BARELY used their budget line-up in comparison to how frequent it was in the GameCube eras

But with all that being said, after reading the MAIN article this originated from (Kotaku), he does have a point on audiences being beyond unpleaseable. I have noticed this SEVERAL times not only with Nintendo, but it's one of the reasons the Sonic fanbase has high amounts of infamy. Far as I'm concerned, he only used E3 as an example of this on Nintendo's side.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

TecmoGirl

lol! What's with the constant fvcking in that post? Even though it's the fvcking truth -- I hope freedoms not fvcking mad.cJSCL.gif

I lost a fvcking bet.
reach3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 reach3
Member since 2012 • 1600 Posts

The Wii-U isn't impressive Reggie. That tablet controller would be way more impressive if I haven't been using my iPod touch since 2008 and my smartphone since 2010.

If you strip away the tablet controller and look at the WiiU as a gameing machine there isn't much to get excited about. The visuals of the few games we seen are nothing to brag about and the games we've seen have been a bit lackluster (especially for a console coming out in 6 months). The tablet is nothing more than a different way to control a game but it's not a big game changer like full motion controls.

The Vita has a touchscreen with full controls and none of the games I own have mixed them well. It's to cumbersome going from holding the device with two hands to playing with one. The best use is a few new thumb-accessible buttons on the screen itself. That's about it.

Wasdie
+1 Wasdie always posts what im thinking lol
reach3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 reach3
Member since 2012 • 1600 Posts
[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

freedomfreak

I lost a fvcking bet.

ithat girl in ur sig is fvcking hot
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#38 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm a long-time Nintendo fan, and they failed to impress me with the Wii U. NINTENDO failed to make me want their product on day 1. The fault is on them. It's their job, their purpose, to make people want to buy their system.

Sturmfuehrer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Sturmfuehrer_
Member since 2012 • 167 Posts

TyberZannxxxx
That. It's like 10 year olds hating their xmas pressie before even opening it because its got the wrong shape/size/wrapping paper.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#40 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

I'm a long-time Nintendo fan, and they failed to impress me with the Wii U. NINTENDO failed to make me want their product on day 1. The fault is on them. It's their job, their purpose, to make people want to buy their system.

YearoftheSnake5
What would make you buy the Wii U on day one? A game that is still in its brainstorming phase and is still not a guarantee to be released yet? A game that might see numerous delays before it finally comes out? Personally, I'm thankful that all the games Nintendo showed in e3 is guaranteed to come out in the short term, thus reducing the chance of vapourware.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
he's brought it up before. how insatiable the fanbase is, and how they'll never be satisfied. on one hand, he's right. on the other, the 2011 conference was boring as hell after the first minutes >.>
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Does anybody actually take Reggie seriously???
Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zlychop
Member since 2011 • 1316 Posts

System is going to flop so hard.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

System is going to flop so hard.

Zlychop
Doubt that.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
I just wanted to see something really interesting. Noting they showed made me think "OMG, Nintendo HD!"
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Fvck him. They are trying to sell us expensive goods. It's their job to impress us. We don't owe them anything.locopatho
Amen.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Wasdie

Wii U is a large scale DS (2004) with its touch screen + two screen features integrated in traditional gaming. Plus the added feature of asymmetric gameplay in local multiplayer modes.

It does way more than your smartphone in regards to gaming.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#49 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Well I don't know about other people here, but I for one actually liked Nintendo's E3 conference (I thought it was a good E3 for everyone). I was hoping to see a new Zelda or Smash Bros. But New Super Mario Bros Wii U looked great, so did the 3DS games they showed (Paper Mario and Lugi Mansion 2 = HELL YA).

Screw the haters, Nintendo and Reggie are awesome. Only dumb part was that festival/carnival thing, but the rest was good. It was better than MS thats for sure, who cares about Nike crap? And Usher dancing? What the hell does that have to do with gaming?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

They had 3DS games so I'm not disappointed.