RIDE 4: This game looks insane. New graphics king?

• 55 results
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17908 Posts

WOW! The lighting, quality of assets, filters, fluid simulation in the container, camera movement, overall attention to detail is so good. The shaders on the road are not the best I have seen and the lack of mist and tire trails definitely stand out, also the refresh rate on the windshield droplets, but still.... WOW! This game has been out for a while. Where did this shit come from and why was it not talked about before?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Yeah I've been seeing this do the rounds on twitter this last week, has to watch a few time to make sure it wasn't real. Looks insane.

Bikes are a nightmare to control in games though so doubt I'll play it.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

Looks awesome!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

Got a bit dizzy looking at that.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Visually it looks awesome but every motorcycle racing game I've ever played has sucked, so I'm guessing that's the reason it's not getting talked about much.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

@gym_lion:

Moto Racer on PS1 & the 1st couple of entries in Namco's Moto GP from PS2 era were great & not bad to control.

Would love to see those type of arcade racers return with realistic graphics...Imagine a Burnout on current hardware, or Rage Racer, Motorstorm, Daytona USA, etc....

I miss those games, everything is either ultra realistic or halfway houses between arcade & sim like Forza..I just don't enjoy them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

Thought you were trolling. And isn't this game out?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:

No trolling and I mentioned in the OP that the game was out already. You are not impressed?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@kizza_soze said:

@gym_lion:

Moto Racer on PS1 & the 1st couple of entries in Namco's Moto GP from PS2 era were great & not bad to control.

Would love to see those type of arcade racers return with realistic graphics...Imagine a Burnout on current hardware, or Rage Racer, Motorstorm, Daytona USA, etc....

I miss those games, everything is either ultra realistic or halfway houses between arcade & sim like Forza..I just don't enjoy them.

I do like arcade racers, I just feel they don't have the longevity that a more sim racer has. Forza Motorsport is the sweet spot between arcade and sim for me. Anything more you need a wheel and peddles and somewhere to put the wheel and peddles.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

No trolling and I mentioned in the OP that the game was out already. You are not impressed?

Lighting looks very good. The environment might look photorealistic because you can't really see it with all the camera shake and motion blur. Textures and shading on the bike are meh, could've been much better. The other bikers don't look grounded enough on their bikes, looks floaty. And what's missing the most is water flying off of wheels behind every biker, since they're riding on wet surfaces and at high speeds. IMMERSION KILLER.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Looks photorealistic, it's hard to distinguish this from real life footage.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

On thing that may entice is that both Ride and MotoGP series is developed by the same developer so either you love MotoGP or just want to race with all kinds of bike, they both have pretty similar mechanics/physics based on comments on GTPlanet. Can't vouch for Ride but played MotoGP 20 and while I dropped it quite fast I do think the driving simulation is excellent.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BassMan

@hardwenzen: Yeah, I mentioned the lack of mist and trails before, but still very impressive. Not sure if that shit can be enabled in the PC version. I can get a cheap key for around $20 and I have not played a bike racing game in a long time. I think I am going to pick this up just because of how impressive it looks.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Lighting looks very good. The environment might look photorealistic because you can't really see it with all the camera shake and motion blur. Textures and shading on the bike are meh, could've been much better. The other bikers don't look grounded enough on their bikes, looks floaty. And what's missing the most is water flying off of wheels behind every biker, since they're riding on wet surfaces and at high speeds. IMMERSION KILLER.

yeah the lack of rain or water particles makes it look fake

for reference this is what it should look like in rain

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@regnaston said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Yea, and you look at the reflections and materials of the bike, and its nigh n day difference. We're so far behind this "photo realism" everyone is talking about.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

I saw this conversion on Discord/Twitter and was very impress wit the visuals, this has got to be the next Drive Club for PS5. Even I can say this beats FH5. I know you said its been out for awhile on PS5 but is this coming to PC?

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kizza_Soze

@gym_lion:

I do agree partially....But for me, not being a racer head, I enjoy the baby pools of racers in arcade racers....Although Rage Racer I spent a lot of time on on PS1 & the Burnout series (before Paradise) even moreso, especially with the amount of diversity in race types & crash mode those games offered. Also, I used to drag my PS1 & a few games to a mates house back in the day, & we would play split screen races of Moto Racer 1 & 2 for HOURS....It was immensely playable & fun.

I like my racers to be quick, easy & maybe a couple of hours or race or 2 then onto something else.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#18 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

Got dizzy from a minute watching the clip like it was mentioned by another poster.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 regnaston

@davillain- said:

I saw this conversion on Discord/Twitter and was very impress wit the visuals, this has got to be the next Drive Club for PS5. Even I can say this beats FH5. I know you said its been out for awhile on PS5 but is this coming to PC?

not sure how it beats anything really .. missing effects really make this look not realistic at all

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By regnaston

Someone on the original video said "watch in 140p it makes it look like real life" and so I tried it, lol the low resolution mimics having the rain on your visor perfectly. I ride and now that looks realistic 😁

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Lol, this is Drive Club all over again.

This is what it looks like without rain, a shaky camera with tons of motion blur.

Loading Video...

Looks alright. Not even in contention for best-looking game.

4K video:

Loading Video...

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Looks good,not FH5 good.

Forza 8 built from the ground up for next gen is the future undisputed graphics king

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@simple-facts said:

Looks good,not FH5 good.

Forza 8 built from the ground up for next gen is the future undisputed graphics king

This ^^^^^^^

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@Juub1990 said:

This is what it looks like without rain, a shaky camera with tons of motion blur.

Loading Video...

4K video:

Loading Video...

I would say the optimal way of playing this game would be on a CRT monitor.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

It is weird when people complain about graphics like this.🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Looks good, doesn't touch fh5 but still good.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Looks pretty crazy.... but I sure as heck couldn't play it in first-person mode like that. Not without a VR headset to get some peripheral vision back.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

@kizza_soze: The new Hot Wheels game has been reviewing well (same dev as Ride 4). Production values actually look pretty high.

Cruis'n Blast is also quite fun.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juub1990

@Pedro: The game looks alright. No need to get all hyperbolic about it. FH5 blows it out of the water visually.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59329 Posts

Looks good from that clip but still think when it comes to detail/scale Flight Simulator still is and will be for a good time the wall that needs scaled.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BassMan

@davillain-: Yes, it is is available on PC and Xbox too. The video is just captured on PS5 is all.

@Juub1990: You act as if Drive Club wasn't impressive when it came out. It was doing shit that other games weren't, but yeah, the frame rate was terrible and it wasn't a very good game overall.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#33 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

The visuals look great but the physics does not match it lol. All of those bikes should have low sided on the first corner, rain eliminates traction, those bikes shouldn't even be going that fast, let alone stay standing. I wish riding was like that in real life, I'd have so much fun riding in the rain on my Yamaha.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan said:

@davillain-: Yes, it is is available on PC and Xbox too. The video is just captured on PS5 is all.

@Juub1990: You act as if Drive Club wasn't impressive when it came out. It was doing shit that other games weren't, but yeah, the frame rate was terrible and it wasn't a very good game overall.

People keep forgetting Driveclub was release in late 2014 when PS4 was still new to the gaming world and the rain's visual was stunning. It's easy to laugh at what was exciting back then, but it's also fun to remember the excitement too.

The whole PS+ playing it for free is what really got people upset about due to those delays.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Loading Video...

4K video:

Loading Video...

Oof. Yeah, that's bad without all the dinginess of the rain to cover everything up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@Juub1990 said:

@Pedro: The game looks alright. No need to get all hyperbolic about it. FH5 blows it out of the water visually.

Did I get hyperbolic? You may need to review what you are reading from me.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Juub1990

@Pedro: Wasn’t talking about you. Was talking about the thread calling it the best looking game.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

The brake fluid was my favorite part.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Funny, I ran into footage of this yesterday and thought it was really cool looking, almost doubted it was even a game for a moment. This game released last year already but I guess it just got an update to 9th gen consoles. I would get later, if ever on sale, right now I have too much on my plate.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Juub1990
@BassMan said:

Drive Club without copious amounts of rain and motion blur close to the camera wasn't impressive. Same goes here. It looks decent enough, but just like The Order, strip away the smoke and mirrors and it ends up looking average. Doesn't even look better than FH4, let alone 5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@Juub1990 said:

@Pedro: Wasn’t talking about you. Was talking about the thread calling it the best looking game.

Then, don't tag me. 🤷🏽‍♂️

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BassMan
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

Drive Club without copious amounts of rain and motion blur close to the camera wasn't impressive. Same goes here. It looks decent enough, but just like The Order, strip away the smoke and mirrors and it ends up looking average. Doesn't even look better than FH4, let alone 5.

FH4 is a good game, but is not as photo realistic as RIDE 4 in that video.

Loading Video...

FH4 clearly looks like a game whereas you have to do a double take with RIDE 4.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

@Juub1990: "Lol, this is Drive Club all over again. This is what it looks like without rain, a shaky camera with tons of motion blur."

True, the weather helps make it more realistic whereas it looks more game-like without it. Thought the first person view certain helps make it appear more realistic even in better weather environment. Eliminates the hud and changes the FOV, and the camera tracking makes it feel like I am watching a riders Go Pro footage. I always thought racing games felt more exhilarating in first person.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Ride on PC and FH5 on PC will be gfx kings this year.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#45 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

So funny to see people make comparisons to Forza,this shit is made by milestone on a small budget like all the games they make,the fact that it looks this good is incredibly impressive for a fairly small studio in Italy.

The problem with their games was never the visuals,those are usually great.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@regnaston said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

That guy knows whats up. He's spot on.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juub1990

@BassMan: And once again, you saw what it actually looked like without the rain and close proximity motion blur. Not impressive. It looks good when its flaws are masked.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kizza_Soze

@judaspete:

"The new Hot Wheels game has been reviewing well (same dev as Ride 4). Production values actually look pretty high.

Cruis'n Blast is also quite fun."

Yeah, I watched vid reviews of Hotwheels, it looks beautiful, but the gameplay looked a bit to restricted & kiddy with constant rails/walls to bounce off.. Crus'n though looks like my typa jam, & I will probably get that for my kids Switch & have a lil' go once in a while. Not graphically too impressive, but still looks fun.

I just want something like Motorstorm calibre visuals & gameplay or Burnout (pre-Paradise preferably) ...those are the pinnacle of arcade racers for me.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

@kizza_soze: I'd give my left nut for a new Motorstorm. Already have kids, I don't need it anymore. Was hoping Dirt 5 would take the mantle since a lot of former Evolution staff worked on it. It is fun and pretty wild, but still more grounded than Motorstorm. Worth checking out though.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@regnaston said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Yea, and you look at the reflections and materials of the bike, and its nigh n day difference. We're so far behind this "photo realism" everyone is talking about.

yeap. high end assets . hit hardware so hard and storage.