sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

Google recommended me this interesting article by Business Insider. Apparently Halo Infinite is struggling to retain playerbase on steam just few month of release. Currently the concurrent playerbase sits at around few thousands, a far cry from the near 300k concurrent players on steam during release week. Easy to statpad numbers like 20 million users played it launch week cause well, its multiplayer is free. Any Ideas why this is happening? I dont play garbage like Halo Infinite but I am sure few users here played and hoping lend some insight to why the playerbase leaving.

Halo Infinite concurrent users vs games with top concurrent users. For a newly released multiplayer game that is so poor, Ouch 😲
Halo Infinite concurrent users vs games with top concurrent users. For a newly released multiplayer game that is so poor, Ouch 😲

Below full site link to read incase link above is broken.

https://www.businessinsider.com/halo-infinite-struggling-to-retain-players-on-steam-2022-2

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13053 Posts

Still top 4 most played game today on Xbox.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

Been saying it for 2 years. I was right all along.

This game launched in pre alpha stage. You don't launch in pre alpha stage and expect to survive against the likes of warzon, apex, etc. 343i is a useless developer, and just like DICE, no matter what they try, nothing much will change.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

Another day, another...

:P

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sakaiXx

Also poor Twitch audience. Its ranked around Warcraft 3 reforged right now. Who the heck watches that?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45331 Posts

I enjoyed the multiplayer and beat the campaign which was above average, but lacking in some regards. I'm not surprised by this, but the multiplayer is fun every now and then.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen

That grapple hook that people were hyping as it was the second coming sure didn't save the game🤣And why would it? Infinite feels so outdated that a game like this shouldn't have been released any later than 2014. As if being outdated wasn't enough, they released the most barebones experience we've seen in a AAA shooter (on par with BF2042 lmao) in years. This game doesn't deserve to do well. It was a low effort fps from Microsoft.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

That grapple hook that people were hyping as it was the second coming sure didn't save the game🤣And why would it? Infinite feels so outdated that a game like this shouldn't have been released any later than 2014. As if being outdated wasn't enough, they released the most barebones experience we've seen in a AAA shooter (on par with BF2042 lmao) in years. This game doesn't deserve to do well. It was a low effort fps from Microsoft.

Downloaded it. Played a few matches, called it quits.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Amazing that someone is surprised that game popularity drops over time.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Halo lives rent free in some peoples minds

The campaign wasn't too bad at all quite good by all accounts.

Multiplayer had good start but lacking in updates meant people got bored. To be expected if you dont stick to the planned updates.

Still did way better than the likes of God of War on PC.

Did better than other Halo games on PC also.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sakaiXx

@DEVILinIRON said:
@hardwenzen said:

Come on is it seriously that outdated? Thought everyone called it the best halo gameplay yet.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@kadin_kai: One of the bigger mp games for ages while under Bungie shouldn't be dropping that much in such a short time. But you already know that.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@hardwenzen said:

Come on is it seriously that outdated? Thought everyone called it the best halo gameplay yet.

The gameplay is fantastic. Although you already dismissed it as garbage so I doubt you'll take my word for it.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2086 Posts

Game is solid but feature thin, very poor monetisation unfortunately, it's fun to jump and play a few rounds but not for hours on end

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@hardwenzen said:

Halo Infinite and the Gears are the most outdated series around. Nothing approaches these two. Both need the biggest of reboots, but MS studios aren't talented enough to do that.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gym_Lion

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@hardwenzen said:

Halo Infinite and the Gears are the most outdated series around. Nothing approaches these two. Both need the biggest of reboots, but MS studios aren't talented enough to do that.

Yeah, they need to bin it and then reboot and chase the Fortnite/Apex/Warzone crowd. Make it modern and stuff.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

Everyone's waiting on the Ray tracing patch obviously.

All jokes aside, how can a F2P game have made no conclusions from previous F2P failures? Holy hell, I never saw a game put shoot itself in the foot like this before

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yeah, they need to bin it and then reboot and chase the Fortnite/Apex/Warzone crowd. Make it modern and stuff.

Is that what a reboot is to you? No wonder this series is stuck in time.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gym_Lion

@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

Is that what a reboot is to you? No wonder this series is stuck in time.

If you want the game to be as big and those games they need to chase those trends. Surely just being Halo isn't enough.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KvallyX

Still Rockin' Like Dokken at #4. This is explains why this is the best Halo launch ever, with the most players ever. Awesome game is awesome. Great metacritic and GameSpot scores to boot!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hardwenzen

@gym_lion: Being Halo, especially Halo made by 343i, is simply not enough, and hasn't been enough for pretty much a decade at this point.

And you don't need to chase. You need to innovate as Bungie once did. Did Escape From Tarkov chase the BR trend? No. Not only that, but they went in the extreme opposite direction (the anti-dudebro game), and are extremely successful. So really, if the sudio in charge of Halo has zero imagination and vision of what Halo COULD be, then they're simply worthless, because rehashing old stuff ain't cutting it anymore.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice

It's real obvious the Halo salt is real.

Likely the nubs have been victim of too much of this....

lol :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sakaixx:

In short, there's a huge lack of content and game modes. Co-op is still missing, there are only 3 armor cores, and there are only 3 actual modes to choose from. Big Team Battle is the only one with the most variants.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

The game got a 9/10 on GS. Give it two months and there's gonna be 910 people left on the servers🤣🤣🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:

It's real obvious the Halo salt is real.

Likely the nubs have been victim of too much of this....

lol :P

Sounds like the cows are pissed that Halo Infinite is doing so well.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

What's wrong with it?

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5178 Posts

@x_hedon: UH OH!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/02/06/halo-infinite-has-fallen-outside-xboxs-top-5-outside-steams-top-100/?sh=993ccf73bea1

Looks like Infinite is flirting with being out of the top 5 some days

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Star67

@xantufrog: Lack of content, bad progression, de-sync issues, PC version plagued by cheaters, 6 maps, 3 BTB maps, no forge, custom game modes suck

Should I go on? Once people got passed the honey moon phase this game declined really quick

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX

@Star67 said:

@x_hedon: UH OH!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/02/06/halo-infinite-has-fallen-outside-xboxs-top-5-outside-steams-top-100/?sh=993ccf73bea1

Looks like Infinite is flirting with being out of the top 5 some days

Uh oh! Back at number 4!!!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Star67: I see. I'm surprised - all the Craig nonsense aside I thought it would be pretty solid because it has a strong template to build on from prior games

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Star67

@x_hedon: I said Flirting, and Forbes has a screenshot of it being outside the top 5 bro, it's going to fluctuate. I'll message you when it gets back to number 5 or 6 haha

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gym_Lion

@xantufrog said:

@Star67: I see. I'm surprised - all the Craig nonsense aside I thought it would be pretty solid because it has a strong template to build on from prior games

It is pretty solid. It's not a bad game like BF 2077. The core gameplay is excellent. People just want more content, which will come over time.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Star67

@xantufrog: The gaming industry completely ignored all the red flags coming from 343 devs, the bad management, complicated game code and engine, reliance on contract workers that were there only 18 months at a time. It was a recipe for disaster, when even simple things break, like the neon/cyberpunk helmet visors being out of symmetry, the devs give a 3 MONTH time frame and blame it on the code. Like really? If it takes 3 months to fix simple cosmetic issues the game is in trouble

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

Excellent mechanics in the game, but yeah, the game has some serious issues at the moment and if they arent handled within a few months. I don't see MS being able to capitalize on the live service this game was supposed to be going for.

As of now, it is missing far too many iconic features the franchise has been known for. Co-op, forge, and so on.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

@Star67 said:

@x_hedon: I said Flirting, and Forbes has a screenshot of it being outside the top 5 bro, it's going to fluctuate. I'll message you when it gets back to number 5 or 6 haha

Roger that! I will message you each time I see it in the top 5!!

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Multiplayer is fun for a while but is also a relique from the past. Still doing fairly well on console it seems.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20148 Posts

I tried it with my friends on PC and we got bored with it immediately.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

Two incredible failures. They tried real hard to be live services, but their developers are just too clueless to offer what's needed for the live service to be successful.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gym_Lion

@hardwenzen: How did you play BF for a 100 hours though? I couldn't manage it passed the 10 I got free from EA?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sakaiXx

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@sakaixx:

In short, there's a huge lack of content and game modes. Co-op is still missing, there are only 3 armor cores, and there are only 3 actual modes to choose from. Big Team Battle is the only one with the most variants.

Wow that is just crazy from 343i on game lacking contents, they had 1 extra year of polish yet somehow game still arrives unfinished lmao.

Great PR move as usual from MS making a portion of the game F2P, they can statpad 20 million users.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@hardwenzen: “ You need to innovate as Bungie once did.”

Strange comment coming from the same person who called Bungie “tired ass bungie with nothing successful”

But then again, Halo has produced even more salt than The medium from cows.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SecretPolice

Deja vu.

Infinite will be the only Halo game for the next ten years.

You'd think the the same numbskulls would have learned their lesson from all their early criticism of Sea of mofo Thieves to now eating their words since SoT is one of the most enjoyed and successful MP games on the planet.

Mama always said.... lol :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@gym_lion said:

@hardwenzen: How did you play BF for a 100 hours though? I couldn't manage it passed the 10 I got free from EA?

When you're desperate to play a video game, you do things that you shouldn't. I probably have over 130h in that shit game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: “ You need to innovate as Bungie once did.”

Strange comment coming from the same person who called Bungie “tired ass bungie with nothing successful”

But then again, Halo has produced even more salt than The medium from cows.

You need to wake up, sealionact. You quote me out of context to make a point, but its never working🤭

The "tired ass bungie" is what they're NOW. Back when they were in charge of Halo (minus Reach, which began to feel outdated, but because that game had shitload of content, it was fine for what it was), they were NOT “tired ass bungie with nothing successful”. Back then they were delivering.

Now try harder to damage control this failure of a game, and don't be surprised if it loses its players faster than Halo 5 did (if this didn't already happen🤣)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

Played through campaign and put a ton of hours into the online multiplayer. The game is excellent and I had a great time with it. I’ll get back to it again when it gets more content. I imagine a lot of other people will as well. There are plenty of other games to play as well. Honestly as much as I enjoyed Halo: Infinite I can’t imagine only playing that constantly. People come and go all the time. I’m sure Halo: Infinite will be fine.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

343 has taken forever to fix issues and add features, of course the game is going to die off.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

I don't see the problem. It is only going to take them months + delays + months to complete the game. What seems to be issue?😎

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

Yawn…, another salty halo thread! Tell me what Sony fps has anywhere near the scores of halo, let alone it’s player count?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

Hi😊

Can we all agree on the fact that Halo Infinite getting a 9/10 was the most overrated score since 2013, when GTA5 came out?😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@hardwenzen: Nope! That would be false.