Rumor: Platinum will be announcing Wonderful 101 current gen Kickstarter.

• 58 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44542 Posts

I have the Wii U but I would certainly be happy to see it brought over to the Switch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56406 Posts

How about another Viewtiful Joe over Wonderful 101 cause that game can stay in Wii U for all I care!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

I gave the game a try back during the Wii U days but I had a difficult time getting into it over its contrived and inconsistent touch screen controls.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

@davillain- said:

How about another Viewtiful Joe over Wonderful 101 cause that game can stay in Wii U for all I care!

I have a feeling we will see a new Viewtiful Joe some day.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

It's Platinum... I'd buy it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70400 Posts

They are better off porting Astral Chain to the other systems than this game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

I never played it, but i'd be interested.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:

Don't think that'll happen... I think Nintendo invested in it's development.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pedro

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

Like they did with Wonderful 101?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@Pedro: No idea about W101 :) But Astral Chain, pretty sure that'll stay a Switch exclusive.

But it would be cool to see it in 4k and 60fps on X1X.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I don't know what this wonderful 101 is, but why would Platinum go to kickstarter when they just secured funds from that Chinese company???

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44681 Posts

I'd play it, enjoyed it on Wii U even if the occasional split screen moment became annoying. But fund it? Sh'yeah right. How about Platinum prove they deserve it by making something special of Bayonetta/Vanqish collection first, they can use revenues made on sales to make the W101 game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaydan

@i_p_daily said:

I don't know what this wonderful 101 is, but why would Platinum go to kickstarter when they just secured funds from that Chinese company???

Because they're starving artists game developers. Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jaydan said:
@i_p_daily said:

Because they're starving artists game developers. Lol

Maybe Tencent only gave them ten cents lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@hrt_rulz01: Its my understanding that both games were managed in the same manner. So, if that is the case (if) then it would be better to port Astral Chain than Wonderful 101. Besides, folks aren't buying a Switch because of Astral Chain, so even if Nintendo owns the IP they can still benefit from a port.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro: Yeah, true

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

Is it a remaster? God fken damn it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Didnt they just get a massive investment from Tencent? Why would they need to do anything on Kickstarter.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaydan

@Pedro said:

@hrt_rulz01: Its my understanding that both games were managed in the same manner. So, if that is the case (if) then it would be better to port Astral Chain than Wonderful 101. Besides, folks aren't buying a Switch because of Astral Chain, so even if Nintendo owns the IP they can still benefit from a port.

They might as well throw Bayonetta 2 in while they're at it, I know Bayo 2 gets port-begged the mostest.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

@r-gamer said:

Didnt they just get a massive investment from Tencent? Why would they need to do anything on Kickstarter.

Yeah, kinda weird. I mean, Tencent or not, still seems odd for Platinum to go to Kickstarter to fund a port.

From what I understand, the game had abysmal sales, but if they had that little faith in it then why humor a port to begin with? Oh well.

TW101 is arguably the best Platinum game not named Bayonetta. I'd love for it to no longer be trapped on the WiiU, don't care how they make it happen.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

A Kickstarter? What, did Tencent not give them enough? Because this does NOT sit well with me.

I'm not against a port and I'm not against it being multiplat either (the Nintendo references would have to be censored though, unless it's a game based on Matt Groening's dysfunctional family, because The Simpsons always find a way), but how it's apparently going to be done... sorry, but no.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16

@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:

They might as well throw Bayonetta 2 in while they're at it, I know Bayo 2 gets port-begged the mostest.

That's still under SEGA's wing though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jaydan

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:

And Sega is a 3rd-party company, so I wouldn't see the issue with them letting Bayonetta 2 go multiplat.

Nintendo threw dollar funds and publishing rights to all these games, so if they'd be okay with Wonderful 101 going multiplat, they might as well let all of them be.

And let's face it: if you're a fan of Platinum, it's sad to witness their returns whimper as much as they do, for such a talented studio.

Everyone not on a Nintendo console wants Bayonetta 2 anyways and it would sell incredibly well because the demand is there.

While they're at it, they could bring Vanquish and Nier: Automata to the Switch as well since I know Switcher's would eat those ones up.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16

@jaydan said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@jaydan said:

And Sega is a 3rd-party company, so I wouldn't see the issue with them letting Bayonetta 2 going multiplat.

Nintendo threw dollar funds and publishing rights to all these games, so if they'd be okay with Wonderful 101 going multiplat, they might as well let all of them be.

And let's face it: if you're a fan of Platinum, it's sad to witness their returns whimper as much as they do, for such a talented studio.

Everyone not on a Nintendo console wants Bayonetta 2 anyways and it would sell incredibly well because the demand is there.

While they're at it, they could bring Vanquish and Nier: Automata to the Switch as well since I know Switcher's would eat those ones up.

You make it sound like Bayonetta is CoD or anything EA releases. It's not. It's from a niche developer. Platinum is looking to self publish (so they go to Tencent... the same Tencent who has Epic and Blizzard by the groin) and I'm pretty sure SEGA would have to break off their partnership with Nintendo for that.

So be sure to thank China for multiplat Bayo 2 and 3 (and possibly shitcanned latter for Switch as well, because I remember how staunch anti-Nintendo the Bayonetta fandom was when 2 was announced)

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Kickstarter has become a red flag for me. I'll pass on supporting any game that needs a "kickstart." If it happens, then great. I'll buy it. If not, my money is safe.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Pedro: nah **** that, I would like the better game out of the two. **** their profits.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaydan

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jaydan said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@jaydan said:

And Sega is a 3rd-party company, so I wouldn't see the issue with them letting Bayonetta 2 going multiplat.

You make it sound like Bayonetta is CoD or anything EA releases. It's not. It's from a niche developer. Platinum is looking to self publish (so they go to Tencent... the same Tencent who has Epic and Blizzard by the groin) and I'm pretty sure SEGA would have to break off their partnership with Nintendo for that.

So be sure to thank China for multiplat Bayo 2 and 3 (and possibly shitcanned latter for Switch as well, because I remember how staunch anti-Nintendo the Bayonetta fandom was when 2 was announced)

Taking my 'everyone' a little too seriously there by jumping right in the deep end and comparing my statement to the standard of Call of Duty's success.

I am well-aware Platinum is a niche studio and thus why I say it's sad such a talented studio whimpers in the sales department.

The fact is: Bayo 2 is port-begged more than most Platinum games, there is real demand for it on other platforms and I think it would sell a hell of a lot better as a multiplat than Wonderful 101 ever would.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

@jaydan said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Taking my 'everyone' a little too seriously there by jumping right in the deep end and comparing my statement to the standard of Call of Duty's success.

I am well-aware Platinum is a niche studio and thus why I say it's sad such a talented studio whimpers in the sales department.

The fact is: Bayo 2 is port-begged more than most Platinum games, there is real demand for it on other platforms and I think it would sell a hell of a lot better as a multiplat than Wonderful 101 ever would.

Yeah, there is. Has been since the Wii U game was freaking announced to the point where the fandom showed it's strong anti-Nintendo side of things. Contrary to what any one in this forum will tell you, I'm not stupid to this fact.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01

@jaydan: Vanquish & Nier Automata on Switch would be awesome!!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jaydan

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jaydan said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Yeah, there is. Has been since the Wii U game was freaking announced to the point where the fandom showed it's strong anti-Nintendo side of things. Contrary to what any one in this forum will tell you, I'm not stupid to this fact.

Jealousy has a way with hiding behind the hate, and that's exactly what happened. Those same people would get excited if it actually did go to PC, if they did not already cave on a Nintendo device.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Because people are stupid with their money so why not???

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Should this rumor prove true, would it be safe to assume that Babylon's Fall will be the petition to have a PC version of Wonderful 101?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#35 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Not sure if true, but a Kickstarter is a good way to measure interested for more niche/passion projects such as this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Chutebox said:
@i_p_daily said:

Because people are stupid with their money so why not???

I'm starting to think that Platinum are bad at managing money. I mean the more games they make the less money they have.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3142 Posts

I'm guessing Tencent wants to invest in Platinum to make new games, not ports of older games.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

Like they did with Wonderful 101?

Good point, I'm guessing Nintendo gave them the OK for that to happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Maybe microsoft should chip in since theres no xb1 tier... ITS PC PS4 SWITCH tiers.

XB1 is total disaster its another game skipping the platform just like shen mue 3 and other kickstarter games

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Maybe microsoft should chip in since theres no xb1 tier... ITS PC PS4 SWITCH tiers.

XB1 is total disaster its another game skipping the platform just like shen mue 3 and other kickstarter games

Your schtick is shit. Give it up. Stop flip-flopping based on convenience.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jaydan

@ProtossRushX said:

Your parents are looking for you, Proto

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44542 Posts

Awesome to hear. I have the Wii U version but will definitely pick up the Switch version as well.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

Nice, the community really generous to reach that 50k and 500k goals in hours. Its also nice seeing dev dont bother with xbox version, a waste of money for everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Now Kickstarter is cool again. SW is just silly.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidGame_basic

hmm... should I Kickstart even though I already own the Wii U version lol

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

Eh, screw it. Take my $45!

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

The Kickstarter goal for the game is $50,000 and it was achieved in less than an hour? Is that amount too low for a remaster even for a game developed in Japan?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nintendoboy16

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd use the meme of Chow Yun-fat lighting a smoke with dollar bills...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jaydan

@phbz said:

Now Kickstarter is cool again. SW is just silly.

I don't think anyone here is nutting over Kickstarter, but I think there's a difference between this one and usual kickstarters - considering Wonderful 101 is already a fully-made game out there in the world and this is for porting it to other gaming devices.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@jaydan: The usual kickstarters? Most people talk about the failed kickstarters but rarely talk about the many successful ones (Oculus rift, Hollow Knight,Elite:Dangerous,Shenmue, Pillars of Eternity, FTL,Bloodstained, etc.)