Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20244 Posts

https://www.ibtimes.com/sony-ps5-ssd-twice-fast-xbox-series-x-ssd-report-claims-2908731

According to PCGamesN's Dave James, the PS5's SSD could be twice as fast as the SSD inside the Xbox Series X. James arrived at the conclusion after analyzing a LinkedIn post made by a person who had knowledge about the component used in the Microsoft console while it was being developed.

The person who made the post in LinkedIn previously worked as a software engineer for Phison Electronics Corp., the company that was tapped to supply SSDs for the Xbox Series X. According to the ex-employee's post, the Xbox Scarlett had the Phison PS5019-E19T SSD Controller.

James reported that this SSD controller has last-gen speeds. It's a budget SSD controller that doesn't use a DRAM chip, and even though it is designed to connect over the PCIe 4.0 interface, it is based on a PCIe 3.0 controller which means users shouldn't expect it to perform the same way as a “purestrain PCIe 4.0 device.”

Phison Electronics Corp said the PS5019-E19T has peak 3,700MB/s read speeds and 3,000MB/s write speeds. These speeds are comparable to or almost similar to the Addlink S70 drive's read/write speeds, James noted. The Addlink S70 is a PCIe 3.0 SSD with 3,400MB/s read speeds and 3,000MB/s write speeds.

Now why does this matter? It's because the PS5019-E19T is very slow compared to the Samsung 980 Pro SSD the PS5 is believed to have. The Samsung 980 Pro SSD is rated to have 6,500MB/s read and 5,000 write speeds – almost twice the read/write speeds of the PS5019-E19T.

If true, that means the PS5 could be faster when it comes to load times and asset streaming, but will gamers be able to tell the difference?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

Irrelevant. The 3000MB/s NVMe SSD loads games at best 10% faster than a 500MB/s SATA SSD, so PS5 having a 2x faster SSD will mean jack shit in the end.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70420 Posts

Lol, I read yesterday that was the speed for the Series x ssd. These systems are twins. 😂🤣

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

These "leaks" could easily be made up shit. Let's wait and see what each system is capable of in time when the info is released direct from the horse's mouth.

Here in system wars it's fun to trash hypothetical what-ifs in favor of your favorite box but in the end, regardless of your argument, you won't be swaying anyone from their preferred camp to your preferred camp.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zero_epyon

@Telekill said:

These "leaks" could easily be made up shit. Let's wait and see what each system is capable of in time when the info is released direct from the horse's mouth.

Here in system wars it's fun to trash hypothetical what-ifs in favor of your favorite box but in the end, regardless of your argument, you won't be swaying anyone from their preferred camp to your preferred camp.

Yeah this is probably the last leak thread I make, but I thought it was interesting the discuss what would happen if either system had a faster SSD. I feel like MS would go the cheaper route like they did last gen when they opted to use DDR3 over DDR5.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

PS5 to have a 980 Pro 1TB SSD?... sure the leak seems believable.

The last leak with a 12 TFLOP XSX had the rated speeds of the NVMe at less than 2000MB/s.

As for the guy who analyzed the leak James?... Yeah, on paper those NVME's look miles different but in real world performance games don't even require more than a standard SSD.

Don't let Sony's Spiderman demo fool you, they cherry picked a game that already loaded in 8 seconds on a 5400RPM drive.

SSD to NVME ofer no real advantage in load times for games, there is more at play than just the speed of the drive when it comes to loading a game.

The only real benefit the NVME's have is a snappier OS and system load times over a SSD.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I look forward to Gen 10 when we’re hyping and comparing fan speeds.

When I’m playing games at 30fps and the 1TB console harddrive is full, I’m gonna be pissed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34779 Posts

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8510 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

When I’m playing games at 30fps and the 1TB console harddrive is full, I’m gonna be pissed.

Can't wait for it! Oh never mind, we wouldn't get to see gen 10. Consoles won't last that long.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

Its the IOP's that matter in a ssd for accessing and loading game data not the read and write speeds. This is why the difference between a good sata ssd vs a nvme/pci-e ssd, in some cases its only a second or two difference at best. While most games its under a second difference..... The purpose of PS5's faster ssd speed is for caching (virtual memory pool)....

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I'm always prepared to be disappointed when individual components are hyped. I wont be surprised if they skimped out on other components.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Such a dumb thing to brag about.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I look forward to the decibel wars as well.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zero_epyon

If the PS5 will have the Samsung drive, then it's likely that it will have a max capacity of 1TB according to this site:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15352/ces-2020-samsung-980-pro-pcie-40-ssd-makes-an-appearance

Sony and MS are supposedly getting custom drives and it's possible that Sony can get a 2TB drive from Samsung, but I don't think that's very likely because of costs. MS could have an advantage here because the PS5019-E19T already comes with a max capacity of 2TB.

Going for unnecessary speeds instead of capacity might be a mistake for Sony.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17879 Posts

As usual im taking the usual action with salt but i am interested to see what devs will do with much faster storage.

checks and balances time though: 3.5GB/s SSD and a more powerful GPU and or CPU or compromise on the CPU and GPU a bit and go for the 7GB/s drive? if the PS5 and X1X specs are the same elsewhere, how much more would you be willing to pay for a PS5 because it has a faster SSD?

the jump from a 5400RPM laptop HDD to a 3.5GB/s SSD is colossal....night and day (especially in the seek times and latency which games are more concerned with but the extra bandwidth will be used). the jump from 3.5GB/s to 7GB/s...will that make a major difference in the games that are possible next gen? i doubt it. it's certainly no killer blow against the XSX.

so the rumour could be true (but probably not) but even if it is, if it means sony have compromised elsewhere to keep the BOM in check then that could be a mistake.

my main concern with these is that i hope they are not custom drives like the memory cards of yore.. I hope i can still use an off the shelf PCIE 4 (4 will probably be required) M.2 SSD.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44555 Posts

Well it may very well be faster at loading, we’ll just have to wait and see. However I kind of doubt that the differences will be all that dramatic. While I certainly would love to see load times decrease it’s not going to be a really heavy determining factor for me personally.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56420 Posts

@Pedro said:

Lol, I read yesterday that was the speed for the Series x ssd. These systems are twins. 😂🤣

I was thinking of, conjunction twins🤭

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Wow thats really fast XSeX won't have that kind of speed this could be another GDDR5 thing where everyone was like wth is that and it ran games way better.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 04dcarraher

@osan0:

I wonder because of the push for faster memory for the ssd, is because their skimping out of the main pool of GDDR6. Like using 12gb pool and using the ssd as a virtual memory.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

The last leak with a 12 TFLOP XSX had the rated speeds of the NVMe at less than 2000MB/s.

As for the guy who analyzed the leak James?... Yeah, on paper those NVME's look miles different but in real world performance games don't even require more than a standard SSD.

Don't let Sony's Spiderman demo fool you, they cherry picked a game that already loaded in 8 seconds on a 5400RPM drive.

SSD to NVME ofer no real advantage in load times for games, there is more at play than just the speed of the drive when it comes to loading a game.

The only real benefit the NVME's have is a snappier OS and system load times over a SSD.

You apparently are not listening to what it is been say about this consoles.

You are using a game that is not BUILT from ground up to use solely SSD,and that is chain to mechanical HDD performance.

If you built a game to stream assets ultra fast and take advantage of those speed,you are going to fu** it for those who have slow HDD.

Once again PC is been stalled by older tech.

The fact that it load in 8 seconds mean nothing as loading time will adjust proportionally to size,we know not all games will load in 0.8 second,is the actual time vs the original 8 seconds what matters,they also showed a huge section been stream ultra fast which would cause pop up greatly on normal drives.

You are comparing games build from ground up for multiple devices,is like comparing ray tracing performance on a game that doesn't support it.

Games build for PS5 and xbox series X will have an advantage of all having the same tech and been build for the same speeds.

You simply can't ignore it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pedro

Ok. Some of you all need to stop using this "ground up" nonsense. This is like the new hidden power and secret sauce. You don't need to build a game for SSDs. A game's load time is NOT just transferring data into memory. This why some games benefit more with SSD over others. If the bottleneck was data transfer it would automatically load faster or so fast there you don't even see the load screen. If it has to initiate assets or compile shaders at runtime the SSD would have NO effect.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tormentos

@Pedro said:

Ok. Some of you all need to stop using this "ground up" nonsense. This is like the new hidden power and secret sauce. You don't need to build a game for SSDs. A game's load time is NOT just transferring data into memory. This why some games benefit more with SSD over others. If the bottleneck was data transfer it would automatically load faster or so fast there you don't even see the load screen. If it has to initiate assets or compile shaders at runtime the SSD would have NO effect.

You need to stop your lol worthy argument a game built from ground up for a 2080Ti will not even run on a damn xbox one without HEAVY and extensive downgrade to the point were the game experience will be compromise or not at all,again you can play Mortal Kombat on the damn gameboy but is the experience the same can it be call MK?

Loading Video...

I think that downgrading severly you can achieve anything,but is the end result desirelable?

Oh by the way MS claimed it would use the HDD as virtual Ram,so again that is not how games are BUILT now for consoles.

And while you can cache some data since the xbox days,it not quite the same.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:

I just realized that the company you work with might already have Series X and PS5 devkits. You might already know everything about these consoles lol. Must be nice if true...

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Good. If true, one more point where XSX is weaker. That's good.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You are using a game that is not BUILT from ground up to use solely SSD,and that is chain to mechanical HDD performance.

If you built a game to stream assets ultra fast and take advantage of those speed,you are going to fu** it for those who have slow HDD.

The fact that it load in 8 seconds mean nothing as loading time will adjust proportionally to size,we know not all games will load in 0.8 second,is the actual time vs the original 8 seconds what matters,they also showed a huge section been stream ultra fast which would cause pop up greatly on normal drives.

You are comparing games build from ground up for multiple devices,is like comparing ray tracing performance on a game that doesn't support it.

Games build for PS5 and xbox series X will have an advantage of all having the same tech and been build for the same speeds.

That is just the thing.

Sony has exclusives which would be entirely designed around that system... Microsoft on the other hand not only does it not have any console only exclusives but they are going to be releasing two separate SKU's that vary in performance. We have no idea if the SSD's will be different.

Also you do realise that designing games around storage performance worked because in the old days the games would loud from a cartridge... So you never had to worry about space like we do now, if they do(which I doubt) take that route it would cause serious problems when you run out of space and use a external hard drive not just in load times but texture pop in and frame skipping.

Microsoft also plans to keep the Xbox one and X relevant for another several years.

Games are no longer designed for individual consoles unless they are console exclusive.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16020 Posts

A win is a win. Do it Sony

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I've been slogging through AC Odyssey on PS4. Every loading screen is longer than a minute including when using fast travel.

These faster hdd's can't arrive soon enough.

Ouch. And here I was thinking that 25 second load times in that game on a 7200 RPM HDD was bad enough on PC. Console gaming in 2020 is almost like a meme. Lol

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Sony's new console should be named PSFlash.

The plot thickens...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@sakaixx said:

A win is a win. Do it Sony

@mowgly1 said:

Good. If true, one more point where XSX is weaker. That's good.

I didn't realise how bad the cows were struggling LOL.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39728 Posts

I swear, if all the marketing from Sony is all about how faster their loading times are compared to current gen, they having nothing worthwhile to talk about. Everything is loading faster than current gen. I don't spend $500 on a brand new console just for faster loading screens. Standard ssd speed is perfectly fine as is. Give me that with 1440p and 60fps stable. No need anything better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@tormentos said:

You need to stop your lol worthy argument a game built from ground up for a 2080Ti will not even run on a damn xbox one without HEAVY and extensive downgrade to the point were the game experience will be compromise or not at all,again you can play Mortal Kombat on the damn gameboy but is the experience the same can it be call MK?

I think that downgrading severly you can achieve anything,but is the end result desirelable?

Oh by the way MS claimed it would use the HDD as virtual Ram,so again that is not how games are BUILT now for consoles.

And while you can cache some data since the xbox days,it not quite the same.

Like Ron, when your argument lacks any semblance of knowledge you just randomly make shit up.

I know you like sounding dumb and go out of your way to verify your stupidity but please leave room for doubt next time.

Again, nothing in my response was about the Xbox but some how the Xbox is on your simple mind again. "Surprise"

You don't know what you are talking about so simply stop. Read a book or something.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#34  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17912 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: They will both be good. Besides, any multiplat games will always target the lowest common denominator as to not leave anybody behind. So, you won't see any core features that would require the faster of the drives.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17879 Posts

@04dcarraher: The fact it is so fast though, compared to a 5400RPM HDD, and the fact that games are installed (compared to the OG xbox HDD caching setup for example) probably means that devs wont need to use the SSD as a virtual memory pool much. They could certainly offload bigger data sets to it that the game generates during its run but that are not performance critical.

It will probably still frees up some ram in it's own right though since devs don't need to set up buffers in ram that are as big. They can just load the data in very quickly now from the SSD.

I would say the consoles will certainly have more than 12 GB but the jump will probably be very small compared to last gen. Usually ram amount jumps by around 8X from gen to gen but i suspect it will be much smaller this gen: 16GB maybe with 12-13GB available for games. 24GB at most (20Gb available for the game).

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Fanboys need a narrative and it seems any narrative will do HAH

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

OMG its gonna be like 1 second faster! My life is saved -_- as if next gen graphics being the lowest leap ever wasnt enough now people will care about what SSD loads in 1 second or 2....

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@Pedro said:

Like Ron, when your argument lacks any semblance of knowledge you just randomly make shit up.

I know you like sounding dumb and go out of your way to verify your stupidity but please leave room for doubt next time.

Again, nothing in my response was about the Xbox but some how the Xbox is on your simple mind again. "Surprise"

You don't know what you are talking about so simply stop. Read a book or something.

The only one making shit up NOW yes NOW it is you.

The only person here who covenientely don't care if a console have platform specific games NOW it is YOU.

Your post was about what i claimed ass,have a back bone silly lemming.

Fact is this all consoles all generations have had platform specific games all of them always,the only platforms without new platform specific games were the XBO X and Pro, which were upgrade mid gen consoles.

But new gen consoles require platform exclusive games,if not there is really no incentive to get one,is just better graphics is your north get a PC and move on,either way all xbox games are on PC so is not like you will miss something.🤷‍♂️

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@tormentos said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

That is just the thing.

Sony has exclusives which would be entirely designed around that system... Microsoft on the other hand not only does it not have any console only exclusives but they are going to be releasing two separate SKU's that vary in performance. We have no idea if the SSD's will be different.

Also you do realise that designing games around storage performance worked because in the old days the games would loud from a cartridge... So you never had to worry about space like we do now, if they do(which I doubt) take that route it would cause serious problems when you run out of space and use a external hard drive not just in load times but texture pop in and frame skipping.

Microsoft also plans to keep the Xbox one and X relevant for another several years.

Games are no longer designed for individual consoles unless they are console exclusive.

Well you do have a point there,i don't know know to what degree those games will be held back by MS decision to keep the xbox one alive,on PS5 is a whole different thing as those games will be make with the PS5 in mind only.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@tormentos said:

The only person here who covenientely don't care if a console have platform specific games NOW it is YOU.

Fact is this all consoles all generations have had platform specific games all of them always,the only platforms without new platform specific games were the XBO X and Pro, which were upgrade mid gen consoles.

But new gen consoles require platform exclusive games,if not there is really no incentive to get one,is just better graphics is your north get a PC and move on,either way all xbox games are on PC so is not like you will miss something.🤷‍♂️

You deviated from the point to spew fanboy drivel. The comment you were responding to has nothing to do with your deflection. Back to the point you trying to counter argue before you realize you were ignorant and fallback to deflection.: )

Games don't need to be built from the "ground up" to utilize SSDs. Games are NOT built from "the ground up" for PC hardware (consoles). You keep saying that nonsense as if it means anything. It doesn't. No matter how many times you repeat that tripe.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@osan0 said:

As usual im taking the usual action with salt but i am interested to see what devs will do with much faster storage.

checks and balances time though: 3.5GB/s SSD and a more powerful GPU and or CPU or compromise on the CPU and GPU a bit and go for the 7GB/s drive? if the PS5 and X1X specs are the same elsewhere, how much more would you be willing to pay for a PS5 because it has a faster SSD?

the jump from a 5400RPM laptop HDD to a 3.5GB/s SSD is colossal....night and day (especially in the seek times and latency which games are more concerned with but the extra bandwidth will be used). the jump from 3.5GB/s to 7GB/s...will that make a major difference in the games that are possible next gen? i doubt it. it's certainly no killer blow against the XSX.

so the rumour could be true (but probably not) but even if it is, if it means sony have compromised elsewhere to keep the BOM in check then that could be a mistake.

my main concern with these is that i hope they are not custom drives like the memory cards of yore.. I hope i can still use an off the shelf PCIE 4 (4 will probably be required) M.2 SSD.

Nothing, even top end PC's with games like this barely saturate a 500mb's drive while completely destroying 9900k's and 1080ti's. It could at the end of the gen give them a bit of a load advantage over microsoft's console but honestly they will have another box out at that time already. But yea that's about it.

Loading Video...

The only reason Sony would want to get more speed is for PR reasons and that's about as useful as that speed is going to get.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

10 times the performance increase u saw is the difference between a PS4 HDD and a 0,5gb's SSD.

PC leads by far in the gaming industry with technology. How is it outdated even remotely?. Consoles use all the stock hardware from PC???

Your ground up building analogy is like saying, well they could just optimize games to run at 8k 120fps with raytracing on a PS4 if they would actually care for doing so.

It makes no sense.

Games build from PS5 and Xbox series X will have the same hardware as PC. What advantage are you even talking about.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

https://www.ibtimes.com/sony-ps5-ssd-twice-fast-xbox-series-x-ssd-report-claims-2908731

According to PCGamesN's Dave James, the PS5's SSD could be twice as fast as the SSD inside the Xbox Series X. James arrived at the conclusion after analyzing a LinkedIn post made by a person who had knowledge about the component used in the Microsoft console while it was being developed.

The person who made the post in LinkedIn previously worked as a software engineer for Phison Electronics Corp., the company that was tapped to supply SSDs for the Xbox Series X. According to the ex-employee's post, the Xbox Scarlett had the Phison PS5019-E19T SSD Controller.

James reported that this SSD controller has last-gen speeds. It's a budget SSD controller that doesn't use a DRAM chip, and even though it is designed to connect over the PCIe 4.0 interface, it is based on a PCIe 3.0 controller which means users shouldn't expect it to perform the same way as a “purestrain PCIe 4.0 device.”

Phison Electronics Corp said the PS5019-E19T has peak 3,700MB/s read speeds and 3,000MB/s write speeds. These speeds are comparable to or almost similar to the Addlink S70 drive's read/write speeds, James noted. The Addlink S70 is a PCIe 3.0 SSD with 3,400MB/s read speeds and 3,000MB/s write speeds.

Now why does this matter? It's because the PS5019-E19T is very slow compared to the Samsung 980 Pro SSD the PS5 is believed to have. The Samsung 980 Pro SSD is rated to have 6,500MB/s read and 5,000 write speeds – almost twice the read/write speeds of the PS5019-E19T.

If true, that means the PS5 could be faster when it comes to load times and asset streaming, but will gamers be able to tell the difference?

They sure as hell will with online games, that's for sure. I would imagine that a large amount of PS5 owners will turn cross play off on next gen games so they don't have to wait for slower loading times. It's not just the XSX I am talking about (since they are both SSD's so even if it is only half as fast it doesn't really matter), but everything below that console.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 04dcarraher

@WitIsWisdom said:
@Zero_epyon said:

They sure as hell will with online games, that's for sure. I would imagine that a large amount of PS5 owners will turn cross play off on next gen games so they don't have to wait for slower loading times. It's not just the XSX I am talking about (since they are both SSD's so even if it is only half as fast it doesn't really matter), but everything below that console.

There will be less than 2 second load time difference between the two consoles, Chances are it will be a second or less. Unless someone has a stop watch they are not going to tell. Now if MS plans on keeping X1-X1X in the loop we are talking about massive difference in load times.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

What games do play that halts the entire game while other players load?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6209 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

How many bought a PS4 pro or Xbox One X having had the original to have better performance?

There is an incentive to buy the new Xbox.

There is another one if you have 3 years of Game Pass like me :)

Whats the price difference between the 2 SSD specs?, if its low then good move by Sony if true.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Why would online play be affected by ssd/hdd differences, when PC gamers have played online with ssd/hdd differences for years without an issue?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Of course the ps5 will load faster,the new Xbox has better textures,better assets,better ray tracing,better resolution and better frame rates to load in...ouch

That’s what having ‘DA power’advantage brings

But in reality we got ball park figure leaks on both consoles

The gospel according to st rumours HAH

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

So if a game takes 2 seconds to load on PS5 Xbox SX users might have to wait 4 seconds? Ohhhh my god!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares. Beside, they are not staff SSD’s regardless. They are all modified and the XSX is confirmed to have the SSD glued to the GPU.

People need to relax. Xbox will still be more powerful.