Stellar Blade hype is real!!! (And if you can't tell, of course this is a hype thread) GS gives it an 8/10!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56159 Posts

Update: GS Review for Stellar Blade has finally dropped!

It's been a freaking long time since I've been hyped for anything coming out of Sony's game, (and yes, FF7: Rebirth just came out) and the last PS5 game for me was God of War: Ragnarok. So here we are with Stellar Blade, this is probably Sony's biggest PS5 game to get excited for. And probably best suited for GOTY 2024 contender's list. The demo was a nice sneak peek at what to expect and from my time with the game, it's MetalGear Rising: revengeance meets Sekiro which is great as I like both of those games and more than enough to get every PS5 player excited...at least I hope so. Remember everyone, this is a Korean game, not your local ordinary Japanese game, so let's get that out of the way.

• PS5 exclusive
  • Genre: Fast-Paced Action/Hack 'n' Slash
  • Developer/Publisher: SHIFT UP Corporation
  • Releasing April 26, 2024

As far as pre-orders go, here's what you are getting:

Standard edition for both physical & digital: ($70)

And for the deluxe digital edition: ($80)

I didn't pre-order myself as it doesn't make sense for me being a digital world gamer I am, I would if I was buying the physical of course.

The time to beat Stellar Blade ranges between 25-30 hours, 25 main storyline and 30 for everything else. As for the review embargo:

Which now brings me to this very thread. What Score/MC will Stellar Blade get? I'm going with a 9/10! Ya damn right I'm going all in😉 (Sorry, I don't do MC)

Man of Culture is back and better than ever😎 (Gonna use the Planet Diving Suit 2nd as I like EVE in all black but the Skin suit is a bonus)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

Scoreboard on the user's prediction:

• DaVillain - 9/10
  • @WitIsWisdom - 7/10 with 71MC
  • @Archangel3371 - 7/10 with 81MC
  • @shadyacshuns - 70MC
  • @SolidGame_basic 8/10 with 83MC
  • @TheEroica 7/10
  • @hardwenzen - 7/10 with 71MC
  • @Mozelleple112 - 91MC
  • @judaspete - 7/10 with 73MC
  • @mesome713 7/10
  • @Vaasman - 8/10 with 70MC
  • @Jag85 - 7/10 with 80MC
  • @upd0g - 8/10
  • @GameboyTroy - 8/10 with 82MC
  • @Planeforger - 7/10

I must say, we'd had lots of 7s here, but I called it a 9 but GS favors an 8 instead. Either way, great score this game has gotten so far.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69602 Posts

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

This game upsets the rainbow-haired weirdos out there, so that's a good thing. Sony is usually on the wrong side of the culture war. Maybe they're coming around to normalcy.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9563 Posts

I played the demo and it's pretty run of the mill. For those that are really into these types of games I suppose the value is probably there because there are a few decent sized skill trees and you can't get all the points for them without some serious grinding I would imagine. That being said, you could probably get a couple run throughs of the game to see all it has to offer. However, I really didn't enjoy my time all that much. Nothing terrible, nothing spectacular, just right in the middle. Feels like a low 7 but will probably score near the mid to high 7s to low 8s (74-83 range). Although it feels like a classic 71.

The controversy surrounding the game is completely overblown from what I've played and is pretty much a non factor. For those looking forward to this game, well that's great, but it's an easy pass for me. I might pick it up someday when it hits 20 bucks, but by then it will probably drop on ps plus and I won't need to bother.

I was really hoping this game would resonate with me, since I like how the studio told skeptics and haters to shove off and they stayed true to their vision. That didn't happen though, and I'm not buying a product that doesn't feel like something I would thoroughly enjoy just to help hammer home a point and support an idea.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44239 Posts

Played the demo and wasn’t all that impressed by it myself so I’ll be passing on it. My guess is it’ll probably get:

GS - 7

MC - 81

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

The so-called "game journalists" are going to destroy this game's meta score because of their affliction to sexiness. It'll likely end up in the low 70s butt probably be a really good game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45181 Posts

Just beat FF7 Rebirth, so it’s perfect timing! I want to support this game. Honestly, when I played the demo, it didn’t wow me. It felt like a 7/10 game.. But maybe people are seeing something I’m not seeing. So I hope it gets great reviews!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@shadyacshuns said:

This game upsets the rainbow-haired weirdos out there, so that's a good thing. Sony is usually on the wrong side of the culture war. Maybe they're coming around to normalcy.

@shadyacshuns said:

The so-called "game journalists" are going to destroy this game's meta score because of their affliction to sexiness. It'll likely end up in the low 70s butt probably be a really good game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic: I'm surprised and shocked this isn't your ally Solid. I figure you like Bayonetta that Stellar Blade would be a nice edition.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22723 Posts

7/10. Hope it gets a 9

Also... The eyes on that woman on the right in the OP are completely whacked out.... Wtf is up there?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39014 Posts

From what i've played in the demo, i thought that pretty much everything related to a video game was dogshit. But i don't think they'll give it a 5/10, the score i would've given the demo. 7/10 on GS and about 76 on Meta is what i am expecting to see, but my personal score would've been much lower. That combat system is so... i don't know how to describe it. Robotic? Robotic with a ton of latency. Its shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@TheEroica said:

7/10. Hope it gets a 9

Also... The eyes on that woman on the right in the OP are completely whacked out.... Wtf is up there?

If you didn't know, that is Alita, and as the developer stated, Stellar Blade is based on Alita Battle Angels. I guess you never watch the movie Battle Angels?

Link: Stellar Blade Was Inspired by a Taxi Driver Strike, Along With Alita: Battle Angel and '80s, '90s Sci-Fi

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8256 Posts

Is it good? Is it bad? Will they dock its score for having sexy lady? Or boost it?

Will sonys money hat be insufficient for the developer?

Loading Video...

Find out next time

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy  Online
Member since 2015 • 1077 Posts

I played part of the demo, it seems ok. Not sure if it is for me. Nice graphics.

Can't wait for Alita 2.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6136 Posts

It's a Sony game (not really, Sony just bought the ip) so it will score well here because Sony doesn't have anything on the horizon for a LONG while.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

91 on metacritic

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 692 Posts

In my mind, that is not alita. It's a random mutation that went really really wrong with that poor woman.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11110 Posts

Movie Alita remains to be the god damnedest weird thing that ever translated to film. Just had to say that. Carry on

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

It's a Sony game (not really, Sony just bought the ip) so it will score well here because Sony doesn't have anything on the horizon for a LONG while.

Sony has 4 exclusives in early 2024 while your Box has ZERO. Misery.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44580 Posts

Good thing sales these days are predominantly digital, I can't see anybody brave enough to take this to a register.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BenjaminBanklin

@hardwenzen said:

They're just mad because the next Xbox exclusive is a 5 hour walking simulator/puzzle game starring an insane person... that's gonna end up on PS5 anyway 🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hardwenzen said:

They're just mad because the next Xbox exclusive is a 5 hour walking simulator/puzzle game starring an insane person... that's gonna end up on PS5 anyway 🤣🤣

And run better on the ps5🤣🤣🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Archangel3371

Well personally I’m much more interested in Hellblade 2 then Stellar Blade. Don’t care if it goes to PS5 or not, or even if it runs a fraction better on there. I’ll be playing it on the XSX because I’m a Game Pass subscriber. 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@Archangel3371: Your words are daggers to some.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371

@Pedro: I certainly hope so. 👿😎

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7295 Posts

I know I'm in here defending the "ugly" ladies a lot, but I actually do like hot chicks in games. Hoping this game is fun and does well.

My hopes are not the highest though. Marketing put a lot of focus on the character's looks and unlockable skins before giving much info on gameplay, which is not usually a good sign. Plus, most people here who played the demo seem lukewarm. So, my guess is 7 here, 73 MC.

If that turns out to be the case, I hope it does well enough to get an improved sequel.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts

Enjoyed the Demo, was a bit hard at start and gets even better when you unlock more skill points to increase parry and dodge window.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45181 Posts

@davillain said:

@SolidGame_basic: I'm surprised and shocked this isn't your ally Solid. I figure you like Bayonetta that Stellar Blade would be a nice edition.

I wasn’t that big of a fan of the combat being more like a Souls game, but I’m hoping it will expand and be more like an action game. I do think it’s cool that you can use weapons. One thing I loved was the atmosphere and music. Reminded me a lot of Nier Automata. One thing I did not like was the enemy design. Also her animations were kind of stiff and her yelling was repetitive lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

And how many of those are from first party devs? that's right NONE, it's pathetic that cows are cheering money hatted games from third party devs because Sony hasn't got nuttin for ya man, you want new games for what? Sony says man you better kiss my butt, i'm busy tryin to do for me, I can't do nuttin for ya man, that's the way the ball bounces G (those old enough will know) that's where you cows are at with Sony 🤣

At least MS has its own games releasing this year and not worrying where their next game is coming from. Sony on the other hand have NOTHING announced, and when they do they won't be games for you, let that sink in.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

And how many of those are from first party devs? that's right NONE, it's pathetic that cows are cheering money hatted games from third party devs because Sony hasn't got nuttin for ya man, you want new games for what? Sony says man you better kiss my butt, i'm busy tryin to do for me, I can't do nuttin for ya man, that's the way the ball bounces G (those old enough will know) that's where you cows are at with Sony 🤣

At least MS has its own games releasing this year and not worrying where their next game is coming from. Sony on the other hand have NOTHING announced, and when they do they won't be games for you, let that sink in.

4 exclusives vs 0🤣In fact, instead of getting its own exclusives, Xbox gave (in desperation) its exclusives to Sony because you lemming clowns don't buy your games😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

4 exclusives vs 0🤣In fact, instead of getting its own exclusives, Xbox gave (in desperation) its exclusives to Sony because you lemming clowns don't buy your games😂

None of the Xbox games that went to PS5 were exclusives you dumbarse, and 1 of Sony's 4 "exclusives" released on PC day 1, again dumbarse. I mean that meme is perfect for you because if you don't know what an exclusive is by now you will never get it, just like you didn't get my reference because you're too young.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#34  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19574 Posts
@davillain said:
@TheEroica said:

7/10. Hope it gets a 9

If you didn't know, that is Alita, and as the developer stated, Stellar Blade is based on Alita Battle Angels. I guess you never watch the movie Battle Angels?

Link: Stellar Blade Was Inspired by a Taxi Driver Strike, Along With Alita: Battle Angel and '80s, '90s Sci-Fi

Interesting. I was kind of getting Nier Automata vibes from the game... But then I remembered that Nier Automata gave me Alita vibes. Alita (the OG manga and anime) was probably the inspiration for both Nier Automata and Stellar Blade.

I watched the Alita anime way back in the '90s, but haven't watched the movie. The anime eyes just looked weird in live-action. James Cameron wanted to experiment with bringing anime eyes into live-action, but it just ended up giving uncanny valley vibes that alienated many potential audiences. If only she just had normal-shaped eyes, the movie could've been a big blockbuster.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

None of the Xbox games that went to PS5 were exclusives you dumbarse, and 1 of Sony's 4 "exclusives" released on PC day 1, again dumbarse. I mean that meme is perfect for you because if you don't know what an exclusive is by now you will never get it, just like you didn't get my reference because you're too young.

All i can say is thank for beta testing those Xbox exclusives😄

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Sea of Thieves was never an Xbox exclusive. Let's not forget Sony were the one who first started to put its actual exclusives on Xbox first, but im sure you don't remember that.

Talk about desperate for a W that you're using a 7yr old game like Sea of Thieves as a win for Sony, geez man have some dignity will you 🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Sea of Thieves was never an Xbox exclusive. Let's not forget Sony were the one who first started to put its actual exclusives on Xbox first, but im sure you don't remember that.

Talk about desperate for a W that you're using a 7yr old game like Sea of Thieves as a win for Sony, geez man have some dignity will you 🤣

Yeah it's a win, a mega win. Well, on top of all the other wins of course. Also, why is this "old game" running better on PS5? Did teH TooLz come to a screeching halt on Xbox while Playstation sailed ahead? LOL pun!

Hell, why are any these Xbox ports they're coming out with so far running better on PS5? That wasn't supposed to happen. Oopsie!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

You beta tested for seven years of your life. Think about that.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@last_lap said:

Yeah it's a win, a mega win. Well, on top of all the other wins of course. Also, why is this "old game" running better on PS5? Did teH TooLz come to a screeching halt on Xbox while Playstation sailed ahead? LOL pun!

Hell, why are any these Xbox ports they're coming out with so far running better on PS5? That wasn't supposed to happen. Oopsie!

A mega win 🤣🤣🤣please. The PS5 version has some extra grass in a game where you spend more of your time on the sea than the land, mountain out of a mole hill win.

It's only a mega win in cows minds, now how about you go play it instead of doing what all you guys do and that's talk about games more than you play them, oh that's right you're not going to buy it are you?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Last_Lap
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Never played it, another stupid wenzen post incoming in 3...2...1...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Of course you haven't, you don't play anything at all😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

You never disappoint on the stupidity front.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

You never disappoint on the stupidity front.

Hard to admit, isn't it?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1264 Posts

Looks shit,good job Xbox studios gave you a few old game to play for full price or the dust station would be in a constant standby state.

Phil says thanks for the money👍

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin

@last_lap said:

A mega win 🤣🤣🤣please. The PS5 version has some extra grass in a game where you spend more of your time on the sea than the land, mountain out of a mole hill win.

It's only a mega win in cows minds, now how about you go play it instead of doing what all you guys do and that's talk about games more than you play them, oh that's right you're not going to buy it are you?

HELL naw I'm not buying Sea of Thieves for PS5, I barely played it on PC with GP without getting bored in an hour. I mean to be fair, this is when the game first launched and had next to nothing going for it. It's just funny seeing Sony get the victory lap for getting Xbox games though and watching Microshills squirm over it 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: It's never hard to admit your posts are stupid, it's actually really easy.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@last_lap said:

HELL naw I'm not buying Sea of Thieves for PS5, I barely played it on PC with GP without getting bored in an hour. I mean to be fair, this is when the game first launched and had next to nothing going for it. It's just funny seeing Sony get the victory lap for getting Xbox games though and watching Microshills squirm over it 🤣

I think it's all in your head, no one seems to be squirming over 🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: It's never hard to admit your posts are stupid, it's actually really easy.

What would you know what is stupid and what isn't if you don't play anything? You gotta play games to know, actually.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin

@last_lap said:

I think it's all in your head, no one seems to be squirming over 🤷‍♂️

Sure, because none of the lems here and the loads of Xbox Youtubers and Twitter stans weren't freaking out like the sky was falling the day the multiplat announcement leaked. 🙄 LOL!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: If a post was made by wenzen its stupid, that's the way SW works.