Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

The CEO of Take Two Interactive believes that games should be priced as per hour value in a dumb statement saying that video game prices are too low.

This coming from a company that milks its fanbase for 3 generations with one game (GTA V) and has made billions from said game.

Please stop buying games from this greedy company, GTA 6 will be an easy skip for me, hopefully some of you also skip it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46495 Posts

EA once said that they'd like to make gamers pay per reload in a shooter.

Take heed, these aren't just silly statements, they mean what they said.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

When you can often get vacuous open/semi-open worlds which do nothing but act as filler, this is such a ridiculous statement. We kinda get it with MMOs, but even then you only pay whilst using the product and not an exorbitant fee upfront (unless you want something like a year pass).

Sadly, this would work handily in the case of a GTA game, because people seemingly sink years and pay for nonsense in game shit.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

Well to be fear he kind of right. your not going to charge 70 for a indie game that is 4 hours long. gta6 been developed along time with a shit ton of employers that have family's to feed to. 70 is a steel for game that you spend over 300 hours on. most people have spent about that much time on gta5. I can see you spending money on a season pass like fortnite even if fortnite is free. fortnite does not have a single player campaign.

now I don't like spending money either but with inflation and cost to make a game like gta6 I can see why he says that.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Lol if they aren't making enough money from video games because it's more expensive to create as opposed to 2 gens ago, they should probably look for ways to make video games faster. How did technology allow them to create video games on higher scopes but no technology to do it in a similar time frame from past gens. Something is fishy to me.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Last_Lap

@eni232: But Take Two make billions in PROFIT a year from GTA V, this company is not short of a dollar.

This is just old fashion greed. It really is thst simple.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Last_Lap

@gifford38: Maaaaaaate, c'mon.

This company has made 2 games in the last decade, and have made 3 generations of the same game and makes billions from it every year.

Use your brain here. What is the end goal here, how do they charge, do they cost the campaign only, do they cost it with side quests in it also. Then do they charge you even more because it has MP, where does it stop?

The end is limitless, oh and if they charged by campaign size then Sony would have to start charging less for their games, so you definitely don't want this lol.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

I have been firmly in the R* boycott camp since the GTA IV days.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#9  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Eh. Ole' Strauss here is just making his latest play in the ongoing industry-wide Video Game Executive Evil-Off Grand Prix. Now that Bobby "I can't get a date because all my pictures online have devil horns" Kotick is stepping down in the wake of the Microsoft acquisition, Strauss is just pitching himself to be the new default face of evil video game CEO.

And I have to say, he's not quite sticking the landing yet. 8/10 effort. Needs more goat blood and baby eating.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39436 Posts

Skipped GTA4 and 5. RDR2 was amazing, so if GTA6 is on par, i am not gonna skip a quality game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Last_Lap

@pc_rocks: Well at least we can agree on one thing 👍

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: R* hasn't made a good game since, well ever.

You liking RDR2 is not surprising, imagine playing an open world game that forces you into completing missions in a structured way, and not allowing you to tackle the mission from different doors/windows etc.

#casualwenzen

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: R* hasn't made a good game since, well ever.

You liking RDR2 is not surprising, imagine playing an open world game that forces you into completing missions in a structured way, and not allowing you to tackle the mission from different doors/windows etc.

#casualwenzen

Rockstar's mission structure is outdated as fk, but its not enough to ruin the game. There are no westerns out there that are as immersive.

You're not into good games, i get it. Maybe try Fortnite.🤡

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1262 Posts

Skipped RDR2.

I might buy GTA6 when it hits the bargain bin or if it comes to game pass.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Says he's not going to skip quality games, well cows your "fearless" leader has spoken and is saying that Spiderman 2 is not a quality game, you guys shouldn't idolise wenzen, he's a closet lem 🤣

If the mission structure is broken then the game isn't worth the money as that's meant to be the meat of the game.

Imagine making an open world game with linear mission structure, what a failure, only a casual would like that. And immersive, has Ghost rubbed off on you?

R* is overrated and its parent company are greedy af, what a combo.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Last_Lap

@my_user_name: If you have to may I suggest buying it second hand, that way they get NONE of your money as bargain bin and GP does get them some money from it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44363 Posts

Eh, I don’t really do the whole “boycott” thing myself. Him simply thinking games are priced too low or that they should charge on a per hour metric doesn’t affect me. Now if he starts putting that into action by charging more for their games well then I’ll have to adjust my consideration of buying their games accordingly. If a company makes a game that I want to play then I’ll pay the amount that I am comfortable with. I highly enjoyed GTA IV, GTA V, and RDR2 so I’m pretty much expecting to enjoy GTA VI similarly as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

How does one boycott a game that has routinely been on Gamepass? I want to learn.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

@Pedro said:

How does one boycott a game that has routinely been on Gamepass? I want to learn.

GTA is full of microtransactions and has been one of the top selling games every year for the past decade +. They aren’t making their billions from Game Pass lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

GTA is full of microtransactions and has been one of the top selling games every year for the past decade +. They aren’t making their billions from Game Pass lol

Which part of my comment talks about GTA making billions from Gamepass?

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo  Online
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

Honestly depends on the game. I never finished GTA5 or RDR2, I got bored with them and moved on. But I've also spent $200 on a game I wanted before. Nobody's going to tell me how to spend my own money.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Says he's not going to skip quality games, well cows your "fearless" leader has spoken and is saying that Spiderman 2 is not a quality game, you guys shouldn't idolise wenzen, he's a closet lem 🤣

If the mission structure is broken then the game isn't worth the money as that's meant to be the meat of the game.

Imagine making an open world game with linear mission structure, what a failure, only a casual would like that. And immersive, has Ghost rubbed off on you?

R* is overrated and its parent company are greedy af, what a combo.

Spiderman2 is kind of games that those who've finished HZD would enjoy greatly, so you might check it out sooner rather than later.

And who said anything about the mission structure to be broken? I said outdated, for the simple fact that every mission is extremely linear, and if you try to finish it the way you feel like, mission fails and you must restart. I understand why they're doing it, but its simply not fun for gameplay purposes. So the way to beat every mission might not be great for gameplay, mission themselves, story, characters and writing is always top notch.

And rockstar is not overrated at all. Their only issue is that they're not releasing any games because the stupid gta online is too profitable.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: If there is a mission in a building and you need to get into that building and there are multiple doors/windows etc, and the mission results in a failure because you don't use the entry they want you to, then yes, it's basically broken.

As for SM2, well you spent twice the amount of time in HZD, so Spidey is right up your alley if we go by what you state. So Spidy is your type of game but it is not a quality one, so you won't play it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@pcgamerlaszlo said:

Honestly depends on the game. I never finished GTA5 or RDR2, I got bored with them and moved on. But I've also spent $200 on a game I wanted before. Nobody's going to tell me how to spend my own money.

Well, they did.🤷🏽‍♂️

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58434 Posts

Video game prices are fine. The issue is they spend too much money making them.

They seem to be under the illusion that every AAA game needs to be some venture that requires tens of millions of dollars (if not hundreds of millions) of dollars that will generate billions of dollars in return.

Less is more.

Make more one-shot games, take more chances, let your developers use their talent to make something brilliant in execution and modest in cost. The independent and non-AAA game scene is putting places like Take-Two, EA, Ubisoft et al to shame with small teams and small budgets.

If this catches on (and it won't), I will quite gaming. I just pray that people will vote with their wallets and not gave in, though given the way people roll over and pay for DLC these days I don't expect them to have any self-control.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pedro
@mrbojangles25 said:

Video game prices are fine. The issue is they spend too much money making them.

They seem to be under the illusion that every AAA game needs to be some venture that requires tens of millions of dollars (if not hundreds of millions) of dollars that will generate billions of dollars in return.

Less is more.

Make more one-shot games, take more chances, let your developers use their talent to make something brilliant in execution and modest in cost. The independent and non-AAA game scene is putting places like Take-Two, EA, Ubisoft et al to shame with small teams and small budgets.

If this catches on (and it won't), I will quite gaming. I just pray that people will vote with their wallets and not gave in, though given the way people roll over and pay for DLC these days I don't expect them to have any self-control.

Gamers are the problem. They complain about everything except the very specific game they obsess over. There are enough AAA that try something new and they are penalize heavily for it.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

Which part of my comment talks about GTA making billions from Gamepass?

You’re implying that we can’t boycott a game that’s routinely on Game Pass. GTA doesn’t make its money from Game Pass. It’s game sales and microtransactions. Things consumers can boycott. Things that Take-Two will absolutely respond to if there’s a negative impact of a successful boycott. Now will consumers boycott these games? Of course not. Gamers are incapable of such a thing.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@ghostofgolden: boycotting is a public group effort requiring many people to get involved, the purpose is to effect change. It is never an individual effort, nor it is not buying or supporting a product because of quality or out of idelogical concerns.

So avoiding to buy or support Take Two products altogether and not demanding change is not boycotting.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts

How do people with such bad ideas get jobs that pay the way they do?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:

You’re implying that we can’t boycott a game that’s routinely on Game Pass. GTA doesn’t make its money from Game Pass. It’s game sales and microtransactions. Things consumers can boycott. Things that Take-Two will absolutely respond to if there’s a negative impact of a successful boycott. Now will consumers boycott these games? Of course not. Gamers are incapable of such a thing.

Yes! Now, which part of my comment was talking about it making billions from GamePass? How did you draw that conclusion?🤔

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9583 Posts

No one is going to join the boycott... everyone will play, see, or be involved with the game in some way, shape, or form.. whether they like it or not, and it will inevitably crush records.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56282 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Eh, I don’t really do the whole “boycott” thing myself. Him simply thinking games are priced too low or that they should charge on a per hour metric doesn’t affect me. Now if he starts putting that into action by charging more for their games well then I’ll have to adjust my consideration of buying their games accordingly. If a company makes a game that I want to play then I’ll pay the amount that I am comfortable with. I highly enjoyed GTA IV, GTA V, and RDR2 so I’m pretty much expecting to enjoy GTA VI similarly as well.

This is where I'm at with Archangel's post.

If I see a game I wanna play, I'll pay for it...but only doing so of getting more information before I purchase. Personally enjoy most of Rockstars games but lately, RDR2 has really sold me the most than GTAV. Not personally hype for GTA6 just yet. Still need to see the trailer though.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

I have never played a gta game and probably never will.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34701 Posts

That's nice and all, but I lost faith in gamers a long time ago. So many crappy things are standardized now, thanks to gamers. Kinda like, everything is already shit. What's a little more shit going to do?

That guy in a suit wanting even more money just sounds like your regular rich douchebag. I bet he'd love if GTA6 was 200 bucks. Gamers would probably pay that too as they already do for other games with microtransactions. They might have to be fooled into it a little bit first. Sell GTA6 for 100 bucks, then make people pay the rest in microtransactions. Make them pay for the online mode as well, cause why not. It will definitely work. Maybe make the online into a monthly fee? Damn, I'm a genius.

Edit: Apparently they already do sell the online separately. Lmao.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46495 Posts

@TheEroica said:

How come people at the top keep failing (missing targets, launching broken and unwanted products, forcing SJW and politics into video games) and yet never have to take the fall.

Yet hard working developers get fired by the hundreds.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

If its $1/hr then for Sony exclusives it would apparently be really good. I heard people beat games like Spiderman 2 and The Last of Us in 10-12 hrs.

$10-12 for a brand new game, bargain!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

They'd never have the stones to do something that crazy. Video game development is expensive, I get it, but I don't see how a company that makes money hand over fist like they do could even bring up such a notion. So much so, they didn't even feel the need to put out another GTA game for over a decade since V. They shouldn't speak on anyone else's behalf

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PCGamerLaszlo  Online
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

@Pedro: And I'm fully capable of ignoring it and spending how I want 🤷‍♂️

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

Yes! Now, which part of my comment was talking about it making billions from GamePass? How did you draw that conclusion?🤔

You implied that a game that has made billions over the years is boycott proof because it’s on Game Pass.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9876 Posts

the algorithm is the value of the expected entertainment usage, which is to say that the per-hour value times the number of expected hours plus the terminal value that’s perceived by the customer in ownership if the title is actually owned

The bolded part is very important as it represents the quality. So he is NOT saying that longer games should always be more expensive.

I think his statement is pretty trivial and shouldn’t be considered controversial. In practice it is ofc impossible to price every game accurately.

It may be easier on a service like GP where the monthly fee from a customer could be distributed partly based on playtime.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Eh. Ole' Strauss here is just making his latest play in the ongoing industry-wide Video Game Executive Evil-Off Grand Prix. Now that Bobby "I can't get a date because all my pictures online have devil horns" Kotick is stepping down in the wake of the Microsoft acquisition, Strauss is just pitching himself to be the new default face of evil video game CEO.

And I have to say, he's not quite sticking the landing yet. 8/10 effort. Needs more goat blood and baby eating.

I'm pretty sure someone running EA will take the place of Kotick. Poor Strauss has no chance of reaching that legendary status.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1338 Posts

Taking a leaf out of Sony's "How to milk saps" Notebook.

I mean you gotta be a real 🤡👞 to criticise rockstar/take two for milking GTA V when there has been 4 or 5 TLOU remasters,and already a TLOU2 remaster in the works

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GhostOfGolden

@R4gn4r0k said:
@TheEroica said:

How come people at the top keep failing (missing targets, launching broken and unwanted products, forcing SJW and politics into video games) and yet never have to take the fall.

Yet hard working developers get fired by the hundreds.

It’s like this with every job. The folks in middle-upper management have no skill and don’t actually create anything. They work with excel, write a bunch of emails and hop on a conference call or two. It was only a matter of time that the random suits infiltrated and took over the games industry. When you see a company making decisions that make no sense to you as a gamer, it’s a dude with a business degree from some random b-tier school who hasn’t played a video game since High School, trying to put their stamp on the company so they can leave for a Fortune 500 in a couple years.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Last_Lap

@saint-george said:

Taking a leaf out of Sony's "How to milk saps" Notebook.

I mean you gotta be a real 🤡👞 to criticise rockstar/take two for milking GTA V when there has been 4 or 5 TLOU remasters,and already a TLOU2 remaster in the works

You have to be a clown to think Sony's remasters & remakes of LoU makes anywhere near as much money as Take Two make from GTAV.

I get your shtick here is to use emoji's to shit on Sony every chance you get, but this isn't about them.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Last_Lap

When I made this thread, it wasn't about boycotting Take Two's games, it was more about having as much info about this shady company.

This company is scum, it even used the UK's gaming fund to get out of paying income tax for 10yrs, so this company finding ways to screw everyone over for the sake of a dollar is a common occurrence.

I'm not boycotting them as such, I just find their games to be average at best. So I skip them.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

Friendly reminder that corporate executives are parasites who don't give a **** about anything but making more money.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@ghostofgolden: NOPE

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6988 Posts

I would but RDR2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

Sorry, ain't gonna boycott Take Two. They are behind some of my favorite franchises, GTA, Red Dead, Bioshock and Borderlands. If you think the company is too greedy, do like me and buy stocks in the company.