Street Fighter 6 - 9/10 GS, 92 MC! Update: 2 million copies sold!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Yeah, I think a lot of it has to do with this avatar/virtual world integration.

Not a bad idea, since it can draw in more people. But I miss the menus and UX of SF5.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59327 Posts

Still need to properly wrap my head around the drive system.

When originally booted it up didn't realize it auto-set to "modern controls" and thought they had permanently altered them. Derp.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts
@Maroxad said:

@ConanTheStoner: Yeah, I think a lot of it has to do with this avatar/virtual world integration.

Not a bad idea, since it can draw in more people. But I miss the menus and UX of SF5.

Yeah even the main menu for SFV. Everything there on one page, very readable. From there, can easily access anything you need from any mode or sub menu.

Not that SF6 is bad about it at all, just some aspects feel like damn, you already had a more elegant solution for this lol.

Early days, I'm sure much of it will change and improve.

Though I do appreciate how with all the new additions they've made, still maintained a clean separation. Fighting Ground is basically the "I just want to play no frills Street Fighter" mode.

-

Gotta say tho, the redemption arc narrative being spun is a bit silly to me. Extreme for no reason lol.

Even that Max video posted earlier in the thread, the amount of objectively incorrect shit he says. 😂 Basically "If you pretend SFV didn't have these things at the start, wow, shit game". Even says there was no way to play versus while literally showing old footage scrolling over the versus tab. Amazing.

I remember months back seeing people get crazy hype over all these "new" features in SF6... that were actually things SFV introduced, most of it day 1. It's insane how much awesome shit SFV brought to the table, out the gate, that it never gets credit for.

Back when the snowball effect was taking off with SFV, apparently launching with 16 chars was a crime against humanity. 18 chars though? Perfection of course.

Eh, could go on and on.

Reality is, SFV didn't have an arcade mode and that set people off. SP stuff was versus CPU up to lvl 8, Character Story, and Survival. Ironically everything you need for an arcade mode, just didn't put in a ladder bookended with art panels.

But as somebody playing FGs for their core appeal? Not seeing a real difference far as day 1 content, features, and modes go. Much of it equal footing. Some better/worse.

SF6 is the better launch. And for my criteria, foundationally the gameplay is in a more interesting state when comparing vanilla.

Just really weird seeing people act like they're worlds apart, pretending SFV was a skeleton of a game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 uninspiredcup  Online

So the drive system stuff sounds simple, but the avenues it opens up seems actually quite extensive. Also separate from super meter and can work in conjunction.

Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Maroxad

@uninspiredcup: Been experimenting with the drive system a bit to open up all sorts of aggressive plays, but people clearly are far ahead of me on that regard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

The open world part looks so incredibly fugly and dull. Launch ps4 games looked better wtf.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 uninspiredcup  Online

The optimization on PC is quite bad. Quite a few people are having extreme stuttering and "slow motion" problems.

Which is lulzy, after RE8 refused to buy a AAA game at launch.

And here we are again, with Capcom.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

The optimization on PC is quite bad. Quite a few people are having extreme stuttering and "slow motion" problems.

Ain't Denuvo just great.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 uninspiredcup  Online

@nod_calypse said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ain't Denuvo just great.

Denuvo? Or WOKENESS.

But yea them adding that 5 days before release was sneaky as ****.

Can't say ever noticed any probs with it, but RE8 was a fuckfest, took them like a month to fix it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

Picked up the game today for the XSX. Time to clean up Metro City. 💪👊

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Maroxad

@ConanTheStoner@jg4xchamp Have you tried this mod?

If so what did you guys think, you guys are far better than me at fighting games, especially street fighter.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ConanTheStoner

@Maroxad:

Nah, no experience with potato mods. My PC can max the game without any performance hit.

Definitely cool for those who need it though.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@nod_calypse said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ain't Denuvo just great.

Denuvo? Or WOKENESS.

Can't say ever noticed any probs with it, but RE8 was a fuckfest, took them like a month to fix it.

and in 8 the problem wasn't denuvo but capcom's own shit inside it

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Just played a bunch of games online. Got rekt, but it was fun lol. Very smooth experience on PS5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@uninspiredcup said:
@nod_calypse said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ain't Denuvo just great.

Denuvo? Or WOKENESS.

DeSantis'll take care of the lady-man plague soon enough, not worried about it.

But fo sho, Cappycom covertly anal creampieing SF6 with Denuvo after reviews is some straight doo-doo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 uninspiredcup  Online

Gonna be mega-pissed if this is RE8 shit where it takes them a month to fix this.

Even training mode becomes unplayable as performance just constantly degrades.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 uninspiredcup  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

Just played a bunch of games online. Got rekt, but it was fun lol. Very smooth experience on PS5.

Not sure if you can, haven't checked. But make sure to check the win count.

SF5 was absolutely horrific for smurfs. Peeps just booting up it up for the first time and having their first match with gold/plats in stealth. By the tale end Rookie was almost entirely comprised of them, more likely to find one of those than a new player.

The Capcom ID thing should help.

But if you see someone with 98% win rate or some shit, just block em.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

World Tour Mode is quite fun. Really like leveling up a character, getting new gear, and learning special moves of the different masters.

Battle Ground is pretty cool. Got a real kick out of going up to arcade cabinets and playing full on retro arcade games. Very cool that different ones will be cycled in and out.

Played a couple online matches and got wrecked because it took me figure out how to switch to the Classic controls for that mode. I can not use the Modern controls at all. 😅

Anyway excellent game so far. Still a lot I need to check out in there.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

Just bought the game yesterday have not had time to play it yet though also mostly busy with zelda has its like a 4-5 month type of game with how good and how big it is lol. But this is my first street fighter game never played any of them before but was solid on this one from the previews. I think this and spiderman 2 and zelda will be 3 of the 5/6 games that end up being nominated for game of the year when we get too the video game awards.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SolidGame_basic

@uninspiredcup said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not sure if you can, haven't checked. But make sure to check the win count.

SF5 was absolutely horrific for smurfs. Peeps just booting up it up for the first time and having their first match with gold/plats in stealth. By the tale end Rookie was almost entirely comprised of them, more likely to find one of those than a new player.

The Capcom ID thing should help.

But if you see someone with 98% win rate or some shit, just block em.

I checked, you’re right! Good to know.
I like how you can absorb damage, it helps slow the opponent down.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

No Bison? Atleast they didn't leave out Guile

Maybe he will come in the sf6 turbo 3 V2 championship version

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@sargentd: Bison was suppose to have died all the way back in SF2.

SF3 jumped ahead, replaced practically every cast member. But nobody liked it.

So for the next 2000 years they stuck to SF2. Remixing the beats 9842 times.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By SargentD

@uninspiredcup: i think its important to keep fan favorites on the roster, sure add new characters, but dont take away others.

I get its more work. Don't want to balance 40+ characters or make them.

third strike is fun but yeah.. we want the OG's

like making a MK game without sub zero. probably not good idea

MK 11 had no Quan Chi.. it makes me sad

No Bison in Street fighter.. somewhat bummed lore be damned. its a fighting game

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 uninspiredcup  Online

Mean, that's what they did for the longest fucking time. Peppered in new original characters but by and large it was "the folk you expect".

Not even a fan of some of the designs in this or the fucking rippty rap music (hated that shit in SF3 as well) but glad it's moving away from the SF2 era.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Helped with my purchase decision

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ConanTheStoner

I'm sure roster selection is an increasingly tricky thing. Whatever the case, always gonna miss out on some favs.

Though it's also interesting seeing what the broader audience wants vs the plays-nothing-but-SF-nonstop audience.

You'd think it's a no brainer that everyone wants Chun, Ryu, Ken, Guile, etc. But actually no. A lot of no lifer SF heads are so sick of those chars lol.

People who love Cody, Poison, Alex, Urien, Fuerte, Makato, the constant "where's Guy, Viper when, Abel when, Fei Long when", etc, etc. And just the constant want for new faces as well.

Gotta balance both. Need those familiar faces to bring in normies who account for most sales. Also need to provide those "off" picks for the people who will be supporting the game for years to come, after the initial wave dies down. The comfort zone for one group is beyond played out to the other.

-

Anyways, think they've done great on roster choice for a long time now. SF3 New Generation was their only fumble. SFs 4, 5, and 6 have all had good roster balance out the gate. We have the 8 world warriors day 1 here. Two of the new challengers in Cammy and Dee Jay.

10 SF2 chars. 1 SF4 char. 1 SFV char. 6 new chars. Upcoming look like a good mix across the spectrum.

I'm guessing Bison will be DLC bait just like Akuma.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ConanTheStoner

lol Desk already at it.

Loading Video...

Prime example of combos don't = competitive skill, but still. Dudes an execution machine.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@ConanTheStoner: Played Polish freind at MK11 when it released, he learned all the combos and couldn't comprehend stuff like "punish" or 50/50. Just kept spamming Sub-Zeros slide thing over and over eventually rage-quit and refused to play again citing "the game was bad".

Funny thing as well, MK11 has a in-depth tutorial just as extensive as SFV that goes over all this stuff. Tried to explain to him but he wasn't having it.

Think played Davillain as well if memory serves, he was much better.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@uninspiredcup:

Yeah it's crazy man. Like somehow they get the idea that people will sit there and eat a combo for free.

Is a weird thing with beginners, thinking combos are the game. Guess it's cause that's the cool looking flashy shit. Fail to realize it's just the icing on top.

Maybe from playing too much vs CPU as well, not understanding how much more layered these games really are. Much more than just mechanics at play.

Played this at a buds house over the weekend, didn't learn shit for combos lol. Was still able to get a new account to gold in two play sessions.

Glad these games make a real effort at having teaching tools now, but yeah, some ppl just a lost cause.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 SolidGame_basic

Nice!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SolidGame_basic

Am I the only one that likes to play as random? jack of all trades, master of none 😀

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Maroxad

I am really struggling to get combos working, but I am sticking with the classic scheme regardless. Maybe I need an arcade stick.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

I'll play rando picks with friends, if they're not really into FGs.

Otherwise nah, always concentrate on a main. Maybe mess with having a sub or two. Could play day in day out for years without truly mastering a single character.

Before online, was more willing to juggle a cast. But now, with never ending competition at all levels, more satisfying to grind out a single character.

SFV did introduce a random select character named Eleven. Would just morph into whatever character before a match. Maybe SF6 will get something similar.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ConanTheStoner

@Maroxad said:

I am really struggling to get combos working, but I am sticking with the classic scheme regardless. Maybe I need an arcade stick.

Arcade stick is my favorite way to play. More of a comfort zone thing, but also just think it's a lot of fun. If you don't mind the spend, say give it a try.

Just being honest though, it's a learning curve, you'll probably get worse before you get better.

Used to be a bit of a dogma surrounding arcade sticks, like that's the only true way to play. Not true at all though, just whatever you're comfy with. All kinds of players at the highest level use standard controllers, fightpads, hitboxes, keyboards, sticks, etc. They all have their ups and downs, but there's really no objectively superior option.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Maroxad
@ConanTheStoner said:
@Maroxad said:

Arcade stick is my favorite way to play. More of a comfort zone thing, but also just think it's a lot of fun. If you don't mind the spend, say give it a try.

Just being honest though, it's a learning curve, you'll probably get worse before you get better.

Used to be a bit of a dogma surrounding arcade sticks, like that's the only true way to play. Not true at all though, just whatever you're comfy with. All kinds of players at the highest level use standard controllers, fightpads, hitboxes, keyboards, sticks, etc. They all have their ups and downs, but there's really no objectively superior option.

I take it as an excuse to improve my finger dexterity :P

Fits the tone of the game well too. It is about keep trying and never giving up. Even if I am not great, I am still enjoying this a lot more than I would have with the other game that released not too long ago.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#138 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

My friends say theyre going to pirate the game since it comes with Denuvo. They say its hurting the games performance. Ill keep the forum updated on some fixes to help improve the game. I know the Street Fighter community is all about their performance and want the best experience. Its a shame Crapcom did this to its fans.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Maroxad

@mesome713: Denuvo sucks for sure.

But you really should give this game a go.

• The performance seems to only really affect *some* PC gamers. I havent seen console gamers complain.
  • The game is gameplay first, and gameplay is king here!
  • The game adds a slew of new features, to radically change how you interact with your opponents (not a rehash)
  • The game comes with plenty of features, but nothing so far feels half baked, fun per hour is really high.
  • The game has not only plenty of good content, but the quality of said content is also spot on. The controls feel great, and the mechanics are incredibly satisfying to boot.
  • The game is also really inclusive in general. For the story mode, I created a Trans Man as my player character.
  • Hardwenzen seems to be a bit salty with this game! And notice how most TOTK fans are now playihng this, there is a great deal of common interest between interest of both of these masterpieces :) Both are real games for real gamers.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 uninspiredcup  Online

Basically can't play it atm.

Got fucked!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Maroxad

@uninspiredcup: Have you tried the potato mod?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Maroxad: Not directly related to the frame-rate. Hitting 60fps with normal/high.

Longer play the more performance degrades to the point get pauses and starts to randomly go in slow motion. This includes the videos as well.

Guessing it's either a memory leak or some CPU related thing.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Maroxad

@uninspiredcup: I had that with Fallout 4. So could be a thing.

Hopefully not though. Back in engineering school, having a memory leak in our software was a guaranteed fail.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#144 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@Maroxad: I’ll have to try it out after I finish TotK.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ConanTheStoner

@Maroxad:

Ha, well yeah go for it then man. Aside from fighting games, you'll have it for all kinds of other classic arcade stuff. A good time with shmups and beatemups.

Don't have to spend too much, but I would recommend getting something with a quality lever and buttons. The lever is especially important. I recently experienced what one of these off brand levers feels like and it's pretty bad lol. Spongy feel, dropped inputs. No thanks.

Anything with Hori, Sanwa, or Seimitsu parts will do you good. Durable, accurate, responsive, feels great.

Hori makes their own mid to high end sticks, using their own levers/buttons. Sanwa is the usual pack in for any other mid to high end stick. (Seimitsu is every bit as great, you just don't find them packed in with other manufacturers often).

Can always start with something cheaper to test the waters, then replace the lever/buttons later. But if you're committed to the idea, might as well go for quality out the gate... speaking of gates, square gate is what most people prefer lol.

Came across this a while back, great resource for anything you'd want to know about arcade sticks.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

I'm really enjoying it but I really hope they put Vega back in it. I've haven't used Ryu as my main since SF3. The general online play and Arcade modes are great.

The worldhub where you run around and accept quest is so dumb and pointless though. I wish they would have not wasted their time on that and just added more characters.

Looks and plays great on the PS5. I'm taking a break from Tears of the Kingdom for awhile to get my rank up.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

I'm sure roster selection is an increasingly tricky thing. Whatever the case, always gonna miss out on some favs.

Though it's also interesting seeing what the broader audience wants vs the plays-nothing-but-SF-nonstop audience.

You'd think it's a no brainer that everyone wants Chun, Ryu, Ken, Guile, etc. But actually no. A lot of no lifer SF heads are so sick of those chars lol.

People who love Cody, Poison, Alex, Urien, Fuerte, Makato, the constant "where's Guy, Viper when, Abel when, Fei Long when", etc, etc. And just the constant want for new faces as well.

Gotta balance both. Need those familiar faces to bring in normies who account for most sales. Also need to provide those "off" picks for the people who will be supporting the game for years to come, after the initial wave dies down. The comfort zone for one group is beyond played out to the other.

-

Anyways, think they've done great on roster choice for a long time now. SF3 New Generation was their only fumble. SFs 4, 5, and 6 have all had good roster balance out the gate. We have the 8 world warriors day 1 here. Two of the new challengers in Cammy and Dee Jay.

10 SF2 chars. 1 SF4 char. 1 SFV char. 6 new chars. Upcoming look like a good mix across the spectrum.

Honestly the entire SF2 cast should be in every SF game. Every character on the roster is iconic.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SargentD

@silentchief said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

-

Honestly the entire SF2 cast should be in every SF game. Every character on the roster is iconic.

Facts.

Put everyone from SF2 in then add whoever you want at that point.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ConanTheStoner

Fair opinions dudes. Obviously if it were that straight forward, if that's what everyone wanted, Capcom would just do that lol. But of course it's not.

Between fan discourse online, various polls and surveys, and just raw character usage stats, it's not that clear cut at all.

No dog in this fight either way. I love the SF2 roster as well. Just don't think my opinions speak for a whole fanbase. Obviously this series has introduced many fan favs over the decades.

Do think it'd be pretty lame to fill 16 slots with SF2 characters at launch tho lmao. Having the whole SF2 roster in by the end though, sure, why not.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SargentD

@ConanTheStoner: honestly would be awesome to launch with SF2 roster, how many rounds of DLC character packs you think they will release? Like 7+?

Hell put every SF character in existence in the game. Won't hear me complaining lol